• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rising diesel prices lead to layoffs in trucking industry

Oil production collapsed in 2020. Biden wasn’t president then. But you know that.
Oil production collapsed thanks to the shut downs by the left. The shortages, higher prices, inflation, and the very likely collapse of our economy is the fault of the democratic party shutting down this country instead of working through this pandemic. The only saving grace is that Trump focused on getting the vaccine as quickly as possible. The left even criticized him for buying the vaccines ahead of time for our people putting America first.

I kind of do know what I'm talking about. Before retirement I ran a sawmill and when price of lumber was high I put on another shift. It's business 101 and Marxist just can't grasp it.
You're repeating yourself and not addressing the posts you've chosen to quote.

Oil production collapsed thanks to the shut downs by the left. The shortages, higher prices, inflation, and the very likely collapse of our economy is the fault of the democratic party shutting down this country instead of working through this pandemic. The only saving grace is that Trump focused on getting the vaccine as quickly as possible. The left even criticized him for buying the vaccines ahead of time for our people putting America first.

Oil production collapsed because of Covid. Nobody went out. Demand for gasoline all over the world collapsed.

High oil prices are a global phenomena. Dispite your extremely parochial characterization.

Oil is controlled by a cartel, not the free market. They have driven the price up to $110/barrel. Domestic oil producers sell oil at the world price. Last year, those producers were making money selling oil at $50/bbl. Now they’re fetching $110/bbl.

It’s not a cartel, as much as a community of interests. OPEC has never been able to maintain prices with production quotas for any length of time.

The Covid collapse gave them a frightening looks at the future, when personal transportation comes from electricity and not internal combustion engines.

The prices will certainly collapse in due course.

And what happens here when that happens? Layoffs.

Do you people ever think things out beyond your own self interests?
Not only layoffs but back when they did that under Trump they caused a LOT of US oil companies to go Bankrupt.
and shut down
people on the right can't seem to see this fact .
we now have fewer oil drilling /producing companies in the US and the ones we have left have been increasing the amount of oil produced in the US ever since Biden took office
Have a niceday

Nice try.
the shut downs did some harm most of the problem was the Saudi/ Russian price war.
when they drove the price down so low that they were almost giving it away.
That caused most of the US industry to shut down and a LOT of them to go bankrupt
oil Production has been increasing from the low point under Trump to what it is today
it has increase a LOT since Biden took office
Have a nice day

Does that mean that you don't think that society is collapsing?
No, it means I'm interested in seeing the economists that think it's likely we will have a depression.

Not only layoffs but back when they did that under Trump they caused a LOT of US oil companies to go Bankrupt.
and shut down
people on the right can't seem to see this fact .
we now have fewer oil drilling /producing companies in the US and the ones we have left have been increasing the amount of oil produced in the US ever since Biden took office
Have a niceday
Yup and I don't see these people offering up their own money to help drill

Back
Top Bottom