• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rising diesel prices lead to layoffs in trucking industry

He has been granting leases and drilling permits ever since something like June of 2021
Really?

I'm not aware of that. What did he do, allow one more for every thousand he revoked?

Do you have numbers for that? I never heard your claim before.

Not true. Besides, do you understand how many years it takes to go from an unexplored leased land to production?

How many of those 30,000+ leases revoked were already being explored?
Thanks for admitting that increasing leases would not have the affect on oil prices that the RW thinks they would.

I don't think pointing out mistakes is "rooting for it."

This is a chronic problem with the democrats. They do things because they sound good, but they never consider the long term consequences. I understand the desire to free this nation of oil production, with the potential and past disasters. But oil is a necessary resource, and the more dependent we are on foreign oil, the less secure we are when global production diminishes.

This is another failure 100% at the feet of the democrats in power.

I suspect wee will see a massive flip in the house, senate, and presidency in 2024.
They're rooting for it.

My take is that it's not that these leases (or at least many\most of them) couldn't be profitable, but that the overall ratio p/l ratio isn't in their preferred sweet spot yet, and so they wait.

It's inventory control, and it's impact is to increase prices, which is also part of their goals.

This doesn't make them villains, but they aren't babes in the woods either. They are manipulating the market every bit as much and more as any government.
No, oil producers in the US are not “manipulating” the market. The market is the way it is because of government policy.

Even the supply chain issues that predated the Russian special military operation, we’re holy caused by the cowardly and effeminate reaction to the Wuhan plague.

No one on the right is "rooting" for it, we're aghast at the situation from a person level on up. We're paying the price for bad decisions in gov't pushed by a terrible vote in 2020 that put in place people whose agenda are costing us at the pump, at the grocery stores and watching our 401K's devalue and our dollars buy less. There is not "rooting" for that.

The only "rooting" we're doing is seeing people wake up to this mess and realizing how piss poor the Democrat party governs.
The cost though is far too high.
I'm sure that you believe at least part of that.

Now? Nothing much in the short term.
I always like these arguments. "Yes, we should have done something a year or more ago but what can we do about it now???!"
Funny thing is most of the "solutions" presented by the trumpets here would require a time machine to go back multiple years fi not decades.

No, oil producers in the US are not “manipulating” the market. The market is the way it is because of government policy.

Even the supply chain issues that predated the Russian special military operation, we’re holy caused by the cowardly and effeminate reaction to the Wuhan plague.
Seriously?

Funny thing is most of the "solutions" presented by the trumpets here would require a time machine to go back multiple years fi not decades.
Yes.

It is very diffcult to fix the parts of the economy destroyed by democrats in office.

They can't get Federal permits.

So in typically dishonest fashion your misleaders on the left tell a 1/2 truth that is given to you as a talking point - and you run with it as if you're presenting the whole truth.

Try doing some research - if you can muster up the courage to be honest.
And how long have they been sitting on these leases? Answer honestly.

Whatever admin is at the helm at any given time, we can't rush what we aren't ready for. I am all for doing away with loud and stinky fossil fuels, but we have to make sure that we have plenty available until we can switch over. Forcing the issue doesn't seem to work.

Are Biden's policies causing price hikes?

Republican lawmakers are blaming President Joe Biden's policies for higher gas prices, pointing to the administration's decision last year to cancel the Keystone XL pipeline, for instance. They also blame Mr. Biden's executive order to pause oil and gas drilling on federal land in January 2021. (A federal judge in Louisiana blocked that order in June.)

But experts say the U.S. is producing more oil now than it was it was in 2020, prior to Mr. Biden's inauguration. The latest data shows that for the week of March 4, 2022, the U.S. was producing 11.6 million barrels per day, compared with an average of 11.3 million barrels per day in 2020, according to data from the U.S. Energy Information Administration.

Oil and gas drilling has increased under Biden, but companies in the U.S. are constrained by tight supplies of rigs, trucks and labor that they need to supply more oil.

"That degree of finger-pointing is unwarranted," De Haan said of blaming Mr. Biden's policies for high gas prices.

But, he added, Mr. Biden's emphasis on shifting away from fossil fuels and toward electric vehicles may add uncertainty for oil and gas producers, which could give them a disincentive to boost production.
Why are Gas Prices so High?

So basically this has nothing to do with Biden and everything to do with oil companies feeling like jilted lovers looking to cash in on a dying relationship.

Source is trash.

Dismissed.

My son is a truck driver the impact these prices are having are killing them.

Why are they not adding fuel surcharges?

That is very common in the trucking industry.

Yeah. It is.

Turn off your TV.
So correct me then instead of insinuating I am lying.

How long does it take to go from exploration to production? I hear it takes five years or longer, and that is if the exploration even shows it's viable. Do you know how many were already in that process? Do you know what percentage of explored leases are deemed viable? You can't just sink a pipe in the ground and expect to get oil. It's a lengthy process.

Why did they choose not to use them? Is it possible they were exploring all they needed at the time or had the manpower to at the time?

I don't pretend to know all the facts, but I do know the revoking of those leases is a major reason the proces shot up so high. The price increase from the Ukraine war would have been mitigated had we not clamped down on pipelines and leases.

Seriously?
That’s what the Russians call it and it’s an accurate enough title. It’s not like they name their incursions “operation <fill in country> freedom”

So correct me then instead of insinuating I am lying.

How long does it take to go from exploration to production? I hear it takes five years or longer, and that is if the exploration even shows it's viable. Do you know how many were already in that process? Do you know what percentage of explored leases are deemed viable? You can't just sink a pipe in the ground and expect to get oil. It's a lengthy process.

Why did they choose not to use them? Is it possible they were exploring all they needed at the time or had the manpower to at the time?

I don't pretend to know all the facts, but I do know the revoking of those leases is a major reason the proces shot up so high. The price increase from the Ukraine war would have been mitigated had we not clamped down on pipelines and leases.
Plus you have Democrats openly saying and in some cases passing laws purporting to ban gasoline fired cars in 2035. Why go through 5-10 years of regulatory when governments are saying they want to ban your customers 12 years from now?

Back
Top Bottom