• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Restroom use: how would you do it?

Either figure out which gender restroom to use or we'll have to have one universal restroom with all private stalls.
We cannot have businesses providing an endless stream of options.
Why not? Especially since there is no legal requirements on gendered restrooms to begin with, why can't each individual business decide what they want to provide?

So you are just going to make a law to change signs and leave it at that?

As opposed to what? Should we have attendants to check the claims of folks to see whether they consider themselves to be among “Us” or “Them”?

Sorry, I misunderstood, and part of the reason why is that I said women were recipients of sexual assault, not trans people? I don't understand the call for evidence. I didn't say that.
Ok so? What does this have to do with trans women? Can you back up this fear more women will be sexually assaulted?

True, but cameras have been mentioned in this thread as a means to deter rape, pedophilia, harassment, etc in unisex bathrooms. Fear of getting caught might prevent some but, as you say, not all. Presumably someone monitoring the camera and close enough to intervene could do so. But I doubt that's practical.
I would say that almost literally, nothing can stop all crime.

Sorry, I misunderstood, and part of the reason why is that I said women were recipients of sexual assault, not trans people? I don't understand the call for evidence. I didn't say that.
Ok so? What does this have to do with trans women? Can you back up this fear more women will be sexually assaulted?
Trans women are already using "women's" restrooms... they have been for decades and probably a lot longer... it is just that conservatives have finally caught wind of it and decided to impress everyone with their morals and Christian kindness by trying to deny equality in their phobia of things not understood.

As opposed to what? Should we have attendants to check the claims of folks to see whether they consider themselves to be among “Us” or “Them”?
Nothing per se. I just wanted to make sure that was all of your law. I'm sure you've seen how hard it has been to get details out of some people.

I didn't say more women, I said women are already being assaulted.

Why do you keep making up things I never said?

The “fears” are based on ignorance, so on that count we need education. My initial response to you laid out how I perceive the place of laws in this discussion.

Why don’t you get to the part where you demand people define “who” gets to use ”which” bathroom. You want to fight about transpeople. Just get there.

What do you mean, the fears are based on ignorance? I would imagine the fear is based on the fact that 90% of sexual crimes are committed by males. It's not just fear, but also dignity.

I don't think the law can police this, rather it's social expectations and women feeling they can confront someone who is clearly male in women's spaces without being labelled transphobic.

By whom? What frequency?

How many assaults is too many? Is the sexual assault of one woman an acceptable trade off for the validation of 100 transwomen? Is a rape worth 1000 validations?

What do you mean, the fears are based on ignorance? I would imagine the fear is based on the fact that 90% of sexual crimes are committed by males. It's not just fear, but also dignity.

I don't think the law can police this, rather it's social expectations and women feeling they can confront someone who is clearly male in women's spaces without being labelled transphobic.

What do males have to do with transwomen? If cis males can’t not rape women when exposed to the “*idea* that their genitals might be unclothed in a stall next to them, then perhaps we need to take a hard look at protecting the population from cis males.

Women/individuals have no need to confront anyone in a public restroom. What are they contronting? Go about yoru business, wash your hands, and go back to your table/seat/whatever you left to go pee.

Why do ya’ll make going to the bathroom such an epic journey requiring all this consternation about body parts?

In many ways, toilets are the easiest trans/gender issue to solve. Communal changing rooms however...

How would I do restroom use? It depends on if I have to leave a crap or not.

What do males have to do with transwomen? If cis males can’t not rape women when exposed to the “*idea* that their genitals might be unclothed in a stall next to them, then perhaps we need to take a hard look at protecting the population from cis males.

Women/individuals have no need to confront anyone in a public restroom. What are they contronting? Go about yoru business, wash your hands, and go back to your table/seat/whatever you left to go pee.

Why do ya’ll make going to the bathroom such an epic journey requiring all this consternation about body parts?

Err... transwomen are biological males.

Because body parts are exactly why we have separate toilets and changing rooms in the first place.

Because body parts are exactly why we have separate toilets and changing rooms in the first place.

Huh? Changing rooms? **** are you talking about? Public restrooms are for going to the bathroom. IT makes no difference what parts are being used to expel their stuff.

If cis men can’t stop raping people, I have no idea why transwomen have anything to do with that. Your ignorance about the subject isn’t my problem. Feel free to not use public restrooms if you’re so afraid of genitals.

Hold it in till you’re home.

Huh? Changing rooms? **** are you talking about? Public restrooms are for going to the bathroom. IT makes no difference what parts are being used to expel their stuff.

If cis men can’t stop raping people, I have no idea why transwomen have anything to do with that. Your ignorance about the subject isn’t my problem. Feel free to not use public restrooms if you’re so afraid of genitals.

Hold it in till you’re home.

Why do you think transwomen are incapable of raping women? It's not just a cis thing.

And toilets/changing rooms is part of the same issue unless you're proposing transwomen use women's toilets but men's changing rooms. Like I said, toilets is probably the easiest area of this debate to solve, but it's only one area.

Except no one actually sees those body parts when a person attempts to enter a restroom. Which is how we get those stories I linked to earlier in the thread of cis women being mistaken for trans women.

Why do you think transwomen are incapable of raping women? It's not just a cis thing.

And toilets/changing rooms is part of the same issue unless you're proposing transwomen use women's toilets but men's changing rooms. Like I said, toilets is probably the easiest area of this debate to solve, but it's only one area.

Why is it problematic for a women to see a penis or a male to see a vagina? Are men incapable of not raping women wily nily? What is the issue here? Is rape simply a tool in all guys’ belt, jsut waiting for the right opportunity? Is this what your belief is?

What happens if...men and women share dressing room space?

Except no one actually sees those body parts when a person attempts to enter a restroom. Which is how we get those stories I linked to earlier in the thread of cis women being mistaken for trans women.

I’m now more interested in why people are freaked out by unisex bathrooms to begin with. As a woman I don’t prefer to share bathroom space with men mostly cause ya’ll are gross about cleaning up. Otherwise, I couldn’t give as hit. Let your dangles dange!

Besides: what happened to the old joke of men going into their restrooms and keeping their eyes fixed straight ahead so as not to even *accidentally* see a peen?

In many ways, toilets are the easiest trans/gender issue to solve. Communal changing rooms however...
I will grant that, which is why I isolated this thread to just restrooms and did not include changing rooms.

No, it's a suggestion. Your the lawman of these here latrines.
Since the thought experiment puts each person in that position, I'm not the only one. 10 penality for failure to follow instructions.

Back
Top Bottom