• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Restroom use: how would you do it?

I wanted to focus in on this more than what some of the other threads are doing. I am placing this in Law and Order since we are going to be discussing what the law should be as the main focus, although no doubt there will be much about sexuality in it as well. So Mods, move if you see fit.

Here is your hypothetical: You are tasked with writing a law on restroom use (private homes excluded), and it will be accepted as law. For the purposes of this discussion, you don't have to do this in legalese, but you do need to be specific, especially on issues such as exceptions and enforcement.

what a crazy thread

you want laws to regulate restroom use?

dude, if you gotta go, use whatever is handy

How we devolved into having separate rooms for women and men is a bit insane to start with.

If you want a law, take down teh signs still left that say men or women. They should just say restroom.

It's common ****in sense.

Why is it problematic for a women to see a penis or a male to see a vagina? Are men incapable of not raping women wily nily? What is the issue here? Is rape simply a tool in all guys’ belt, jsut waiting for the right opportunity? Is this what your belief is?

What happens if...men and women share dressing room space?

Do you really not see why some women might not want to get undressed in front of strange men?

I wanted to focus in on this more than what some of the other threads are doing. I am placing this in Law and Order since we are going to be discussing what the law should be as the main focus, although no doubt there will be much about sexuality in it as well. So Mods, move if you see fit.

Here is your hypothetical: You are tasked with writing a law on restroom use (private homes excluded), and it will be accepted as law. For the purposes of this discussion, you don't have to do this in legalese, but you do need to be specific, especially on issues such as exceptions and enforcement.

Men use the men's restroom, women use the women's restroom. Sex / Gender based on natural birth and not how the person feels.

Do you really not see why some women might not want to get undressed in front of <Transgenders>?

Do you really not see why some woman might not "WANT" to get undressed in front of gays, whites, blacks, visually unappealing, christians, muslims etc 🤷‍♂️

I see all types of reasons why people might not WANT to do things, i don't see any reason to treat my fellow americans as lessers and not give them equal and civil rights.

Just like with all the things i named, thats those people's problems to work out. .

Men use the men's restroom, women use the women's restroom. Sex / Gender based on natural birth and not how the person feels.
nobody is discussing how a person "feels"

what restroom should this person use?
002.jpg

How many assaults is too many? Is the sexual assault of one woman an acceptable trade off for the validation of 100 transwomen? Is a rape worth 1000 validations?
Stupid questions on two accounts...

1. We are innocent until proven guilty
2. Judging a group off of the actions of one or two is bigotry, and in this case, transphobia.

Then we add illogical to your party...

1. Since no assaults are acceptable, and you are not putting restrictions on other things that lead to assaults, then your argument is hypocritical, and again, bigotry.

Whatever plumbing they were born with determines the restroom they should use ..
Why in all cases? Make an argument for that because generalizing statements without a valid argument are childish.

Increase the use of private stalls, problem solved.
If a restroom has other problems, such as people acting inappropriately, that's not the fault of the restroom or its design.

So how would you go about figuring that out?

Why would it be my responsibility? If the law stated .. "Go to the bathroom that aligns with your birth plumbing .." then it's up to the person going to the restroom, and when less than 1% of the adult population fall into the category you're focusing on .. why would you make rules for 99.x% of the other people?

Why in all cases? Make an argument for that because generalizing statements without a valid argument are childish.

Because the outliers represent a tiny fraction of the population, and the outlier is be used to determine rules for the rest of the 99.x% of people. I also wanted to put it into simple terms for everyone to understand.

Why do you think transwomen are incapable of raping women?
Why do you think that they are predisposed to rape women?
It's not just a cis thing.
Yet you allow men in the same restroom with children... Apparently pedophiles are OK but Trans-women are a threat. LOL
And toilets/changing rooms is part of the same issue unless you're proposing transwomen use women's toilets but men's changing rooms. Like I said, toilets is probably the easiest area of this debate to solve, but it's only one area.
This is not a problem that needs "solving"... Unless you are leering at guys dicks in the changing room, that is.

You have not shown that there is an actual problem with trans-people using women's bathrooms/changing rooms.

Until you do your argument is simply bigotry. *shrug*

Because the outliers represent a tiny fraction of the population, and the outlier is be used to determine rules for the rest of the 99.x% of people. I also wanted to put it into simple terms for everyone to understand.
That does not make sense... why can't a very few transwomen use the woman's toilette?

You know that they already are... have been for decades to. So why do you object to it?

1.) Why would it be my responsibility?
2.) If the law stated .. "Go to the bathroom that aligns with your birth plumbing .." then it's up to the person going to the restroom
3.) and when less than 1% of the adult population fall into the category you're focusing on .. why would you make rules for 99.x% of the other people?

1.) who said it would be your responsibility. .not me ooops your strawman fails
2.) but lets look at your failed strawman because its nonsensical too .. how would the law go about figuring that out
3.) really? is that the measure? so if blacks were less then 1% would it be fine to discriminate agsint the and not grant them equal and civil rights? LMAO . . .actully what people are focusing on is human decency, equal and civil rights and being agsint treating fellow Americans as lessers

dont forget to answer how "the law" goes about determining plumbing 🍿

Stupid questions on two accounts...

1. We are innocent until proven guilty
2. Judging a group off of the actions of one or two is bigotry, and in this case, transphobia.

Then we add illogical to your party...

1. Since no assaults are acceptable, and you are not putting restrictions on other things that lead to assaults, then your argument is hypocritical, and again, bigotry.

Have you never heard of safeguarding?

We are innocent until proven guilty and can't judge a group based on the actions of one or two, but we still don't allow random men to sleep in boy scouts tents even though 99.9% of men wouldn't do anything wrong.

When my son went to nursery, there always had to be two adults in the room when nappies/diapers were being changed.

We are innocent until proven guilty and can't judge a group based on the actions of one or two, but we still don't allow random men to sleep in boy scouts tents even though 99.9% of men wouldn't do anything wrong.

When my son went to nursery, there always had to be two adults in the room when nappies/diapers were being changed.
again does this "safeguarding" apply to sexual orientation? race? people on the sex offenders list, former rapists, former killers etc . . . . or just gender identity 🤔

again does this "safeguarding" apply to sexual orientation? race? people on the sex offenders list, former rapists, former killers etc . . . . or just gender identity 🤔

He keeps arguing that cis men are gonna rape any woman they’re around or something. I think it’s just a prudish thing.

I would say that almost literally, nothing can stop all crime.

As you said a week ago in post #166:

Nothing is 100% effective. But after hundreds of dollars of damage to the bathrooms, the cameras certainly stopped the vandalism. I would say that prevents offenses for those that do not want to get caught... It may not stop crime in all cases though. Nothing stops all crime.

Sure... you are justifying bigotry. Got it.

He keeps arguing that cis men are gonna rape any woman they’re around or something. I think it’s just a prudish thing.

What it is is pure 100% bigotry trying to be disguised by "safety" concerns but nobody honest buys it because logic and common sense doesnt support it

these nonsensical arguments were used before about blacks (race) and gays (sexual orientation) and they failed, they failed because then, just like now they are completely nonsensical and moronic claims that have no defense lol

That does not make sense... why can't a very few transwomen use the woman's toilette?

You know that they already are... have been for decades to. So why do you object to it?

Because they aren't women .. that's why.

Back
Top Bottom