• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Rep. Cynthia McKinney (D-GA) Assaults Cop

KCConservative said:
But just not the Duke LaCrosse team, right?

I didn't say the team was guilty, KC. I said "assuming her allegations are true...."

LOL Calm. Let us know if there is a follow-up to the story.

aps said:
I didn't say the team was guilty, KC. I said "assuming her allegations are true...."
And you went on to say that you believe people are guilty until proven innocent. Just joking with you, aps.

KCConservative said:
And you went on to say that you believe people are guilty until proven innocent. Just joking with you, aps.

LOL Okay. :2wave:

IMO, what a bitch. She should know how uptight airport security is. She should know not everyone can recognize all 500+ members of Congress on sight. She should have answered the first "ma'am," because she should expect airport security to question anyone who bypasses the checkpoint. When she didn't answer the first "ma'am," or the second (or third?), then she should expect to be physically stopped. She wasn't paying attention, she wasn't sensitive to how her actions could be misinterpreted by others, and she reacted (to a situation SHE created) like a total bitch. IMO.

Rep. McKinney has 5th run-in with security

Rep. McKinney has 5th run-in with security

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=20060330-120057-3228r

In 1993, Capitol Police posted a photo of McKinney on an office wall so officers could remember who she was after she complained. Then in 1995, she complained again about being stopped.

"I am absolutely sick and tired of having to have my appearance at the White House validated by white people," she said at the time.

:shock: What a RACIST thing on her part to say! Oh excuse me if every security guard is suppose to recognize you on sight and God forbid YOU of all people have to show an ID when entering the White House/Capitol! And the only reason YOU are being stopped is because of stupid WHITE PEOPLE!

Listen here, sweetheart - I am a Major in the USAF. When I am ON the base where I work and the security level goes up to a certain level, certain security measures are enforced. For instance, when the security levels are at a certain level, I can walk up to my own building, where I work, IN MY FLIGHT SUIT. The door can be manned by one of my own airmen who ask me to show my ID because THAT is what is required at that particular security level! If the airman simply let me in by recognition only, they could get in serious trouble. That has been drilled into their heads, and they are not about to break that procedure for anyone, especially/even for me!

Ok, I can understand the being upset about a Security Guard mistaking a WHITE woman for a Black Congresswoman; however, maybe the guard had someone try to point her out from a distance while she was standing beside her aide, (We don't know.) and the guard mistakenly thought the person doing the pointing out was talking about the aid?! Who knows? I am sure he did not mistakenly ID the wrong person due to somehow being racist. :roll: If she is tired of having her identity validated by WHITE people, maybe she would feel more comffortable if a BLACK security guard mistook a white chick for her and/or requested to check her ID when she comes in! I am sure we could arrange that.

I am sure the security personnel have a little more important things to do than memorize your photo, too...although by now and with all the trouble with/from her @$$ you would think that part of the test to become a member of that security detail would be having to identify her from a photo or picking her out from a lineup!

Some fault may be with the security guards here, but I also think that Ms. McKinney has gotten too big for her breaches, that she thinks she is extremely special, and does not have to show any ID, expecting the lower classes to know exactly who she is! I would suggest to her that she shut up, pull out and flash the ol' ID card, and then be on her way.

If she really wants people to know who she is, she is doing a heckuva job with this publicity!

danarhea said:
Absolutely. If our lawmakers are held to a different standard than We the People, then we are not truly a nation of laws.
:rofl no matter how unimportant a congressperson she may be, I have little doubt that someone in her position would be able to apply pressure to the cop's superiors to force him to drop such minor charges. Lawmakers being held to the same standards as everyone else? *sigh* if only....

I think you guys have forgotten a vital detail: she is a US Congresswoman. As such, she's at more risk than the average citizen of being attacked by lunatics and a threat against a Member of Congress is a serious crime. Perhaps a little extra paranoia is justified in her situation - besides the usual defensiveness you'd expect of a woman who'd been grabbed by a (presumably) "random" person who hadn't identified himself as a police officer. Good to know that the guys supposedly keeping your lawmakers secure don't even know who the lawmakers are. o_O What if some terrorist walks through with the "right pin", are they going to let him just waltz past?

What's bothering me is WHY did it take her so freaking long to apologize for the incident? Based on an article in the Washington Post today, it said she said she regretted the incident at close to midnight. What took so long? IF I made a mistake and hit a police officer, particularly when it was based on a security concern, I would have immediately apologized. Her comment in 1995 says something about her, and it's not positive.

The notation in someone's post (I think it was easy) about how the white police recognize white congress people is interesting versus not being able to recognize her. My husband and I have similar color hair, and we both have blue eyes. We have been told that we look like brother and sister. But what's interesting is that the only people who have told us that have been African Americans. My husband jokes and says, "They think we all look alike." I think there is some truth to that, but it goes both ways. We think many African Americans look alike, and vice versa. Would anyone agree with this?

This involved a security concern. She should be happy that the police are paying attention for goodness sake. Can you imagine the fallout IF someone was able to get into the building and start shooting Members of Congress?

vergiss said:
I think you guys have forgotten a vital detail: she is a US Congresswoman. As such, she's at more risk than the average citizen of being attacked by lunatics and a threat against a Member of Congress is a serious crime.

This isn't about her being in danger! Read my last post - she is just PI$$ED OFF for having to have identity validated by WHITE PEOPLE!

She thinks that every Security Guard should know her by sight.
- Do you know how many congress men and women there are?
- Do youknow how many aides they each have?
- Do you know how many visitors and other Federal Employees go in and out of that building daily?

I don't think it should have to be part of security's responsibility to memorize every one of those person's faces.

Throw in the possibility of there being a crowd trying to get in, and you could understand how hard it would be to keep track of everyone.

But the fact that she believes she should be so special and that everyone should immediately recognize her isn't even the BIG story! Based on her comment, she's racist!

Yes, Ms. Mckinney, there are certain perks to being a congresswoman, but bottom line is you are a PUBLIC SERVANT! I am sorry that the security personnel that have to protect YOUR racist BUTT don't always know you by sight and don't bow down when you walk past, but they are just doing their jobs, too!

:neutral: You know, there's this drug called Valium that I reckon would do wonders for you.

vergiss said:
:neutral: You know, there's this drug called Valium that I reckon would do wonders for you.

Instead of personal attacks, vergiss, why not actually try using your mouth for saying something worthwhile. What is your problem? What exactly do you not agree with? I am not a mind-reader, and even if I was, I am not sure I could read something so small.

easyt65 said:
Instead of personal attacks, vergiss, why not actually try using your mouth for saying something worthwhile. What is your problem? What exactly do you not agree with? I am not a mind-reader, and even if I was, I am not sure I could read something so small.

Oh, but you can read MacKinney's mind? :roll: If you want to rant, do it elsewhere. A street corner, perhaps.

vergiss said:
Oh, but you can read MacKinney's mind? :roll: If you want to rant, do it elsewhere. A street corner, perhaps.

Who's ranting - I am using McKinney's own words:

"I am absolutely sick and tired of having to have my appearance at the White House validated by white people," she said at the time.

She said white? What, not PC enough for you? :lol:

vergiss said:
She said white? What, not PC enough for you? :lol:

Nice attempt to avoid the obvious!

Gee, I wonder if you and so many others (like the NAACP) would be defending a WHITE Congressman/woman if they had said, "I am absolutely sick and tired of having to have my appearance at the White House validated by BLACK people." Somehow, for some reason, I highly doubt it! :roll:

When I saw this post, the first thing that came to mind is "I wonder if the cop was Jewish?", which would put it all in context considering Ms. McKinney's irrational hatreds. She is a Louis Farrakhan brand of racist.

Heck, if there is one member of congress who *should* be forced to go through a metal detector, it would be her, considering the degree of support for Islamists she shows as well as the terrorist ties of many of her Islamist donors.

Rep. Cynthia McKinney (D-GA) to be Arrested today

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/8343403/detail.html

Pelosi says it ain't no big deal while a GOP Rep asks 'how many security personnel have to be struck before it is?'

Well, you can say 1 thing about BOTH sides - they never miss an oportunity to turn an incident into a chance to bash the other! :doh

A warrant for McKinney's arrest is about to be issued. What burns me about this is that her supporters have been saying for quite a while that Bush is not above the law (which I agree with), but when it's one of their own, then being above the law is OK with them. Shameful!!!!

danarhea said:
A warrant for McKinney's arrest is about to be issued. What burns me about this is that her supporters have been saying for quite a while that Bush is not above the law (which I agree with), but when it's one of their own, then being above the law is OK with them. Shameful!!!!

I cannot believe that they are going to go through with this. While I do think she should have immediately apologized (people forget how much weight an apology can have), this arrest warrant is a joke. Poor, poor capitol policeman. He got hit with the cell phone and the person must pay! If he was genuinely injured, I would feel differently, but somehow I doubt that he has even a bruise.

aps said:
....this arrest warrant is a joke. Poor, poor capitol policeman. He got hit with the cell phone and the person must pay! If he was genuinely injured, I would feel differently, but somehow I doubt that he has even a bruise.

What I can't believe is your disregard for authority and the law. :roll:

So, according to you, as long as a police officer is not injured when they are attacked/assaulted then no charges should be filed? Or is that only when a Democrat does it? I mean, if an average citizen is upset with a (WHITE) policeman, can they walk up and slap them as long as they don't draw blood or cause permanent injury? :shock:

Please identify exactly WHO you believe should be ABOVE THE LAW and who shouldn't be, because I am not quite sure now based on your definition!

easyt65 said:
What I can't believe is your disregard for authority and the law. :roll:

So, according to you, as long as a police officer is not injured when they are attacked/assaulted then no charges should be filed? Or is that only when a Democrat does it? I mean, if an average citizen is upset with a (WHITE) policeman, can they walk up and slap them as long as they don't draw blood or cause permanent injury? :shock:

Please identify exactly WHO you believe should be ABOVE THE LAW and who shouldn't be, because I am not quite sure now based on your definition!

easy, it's on a case-by-case basis. I woudl have said the exact same thing if it was a republican who had hit the police officer as long as the facts were the same. It would be one thing if she got mad at him and hit him without any provocation. For example, if he said, "Ma'am, I need to see your identification," and he didn't grab her in any way, her hitting him would be totally inappropriate. However, here, she was grabbed and it appears that her reaction was an immediate one, rather than one that she had time to consider before doing it, and she didn't beat him up. Additionally, she is a woman AND she is a member of Congress. Yes, I know they shouldn't be above the law, but there are times when filing charges is just ridiculous.

Take my case, easy. The guy pushed my husband to the ground. He then stepped back and was no longer in a position that was threatening to my husband. I punched that jerk in the chest probably 20 times. Is what I did truly self-defense? Probably not, but his pressing charges on me would have been a joke (and apparently his attorney convinced him not to).

aps said:
easy, it's on a case-by-case basis.
I could not disagree more - the Law is not up for interpretation on a case-by-case basis! It should be no different if you or I struck a policeman or Ms. Mckinney chooses to slap one!

aps said:
Take my case, easy. The guy pushed my husband to the ground. He then stepped back and was no longer in a position that was threatening to my husband. I punched that jerk in the chest probably 20 times. Is what I did truly self-defense? Probably not, but his pressing charges on me would have been a joke (and apparently his attorney convinced him not to).

We already dicussed this, and it doesn't apply any more now than it did then. You are describing a guy who broke the law, pushing your husband down. The analogy that would work better is saying this guy pushed your husband, like McKinney struck the Cop - You say that no charge should be filed against MvKinney for striking a policeman, then how come the guy who struck your husband gets arrested? (If he did.)

Your case was OBVIOUSLY self-defense where McKinney's was OBVIOUSLY NOT!

You made the choice to hit that guy to protect your husband, but SHE made the choice/mental decision to stike this policeman simply because she was "tired of having to validate her identity to WHITE PEOPLE!"

aps said:
easy, it's on a case-by-case basis. I woudl have said the exact same thing if it was a republican who had hit the police officer as long as the facts were the same. It would be one thing if she got mad at him and hit him without any provocation. For example, if he said, "Ma'am, I need to see your identification," and he didn't grab her in any way, her hitting him would be totally inappropriate. However, here, she was grabbed and it appears that her reaction was an immediate one, rather than one that she had time to consider before doing it, and she didn't beat him up. Additionally, she is a woman AND she is a member of Congress. Yes, I know they shouldn't be above the law, but there are times when filing charges is just ridiculous.

You must be reading completely different news accounts of this. None of the stories I've read mention:

A) A cell phone. Everything I've read says she slapped him.
B) He grabbed her first. I've yet to see this.

Why do you think the police officer has anything to do with McKinney's imminent arrest?? Once a crime is committed, especially in front of police officers, the victim has no say in whether the person is arrested or not.

Gill said:
You must be reading completely different news accounts of this. None of the stories I've read mention:

A) A cell phone. Everything I've read says she slapped him.
B) He grabbed her first. I've yet to see this.

Why do you think the police officer has anything to do with McKinney's imminent arrest?? Once a crime is committed, especially in front of police officers, the victim has no say in whether the person is arrested or not.
Why not ask aps for her source on A and B.

aps said:

OK, aps. You do make a couple of good points. The question which has to be asked is if the officer identified himself as a police officer before grabbing her. If charges are being filed, then I would say so, but of course, I dont know for sure. If it is an instinctive reaction, then she will get off. However, you really know as much about this as I do. Your support of McKinney should not be blind. If she broke the law, then she should pay for her crime. The fact that she is a member of Congress does not make her better than you and I.

Back
Top Bottom