• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Rehnquist is dead...

Billo_Really said:
If that happens, I'll buy you a case of Goldschalger.

Boy talk about poetic justice.........That would really torque the jaws of you lefties.........

Billo_Really said:
I think Hillary is going to run. And I think she is going to win.

I hope your right about Hillary winning the democratic nomination.......She is the most polarizing figure in the democratic party....She pretends to move to the center just like "Slick Willie" did in 1992.......He fooled moderates and conservatives but she won't......Fool me once, shame on you.Fool me twice shame on me..........

Hillary would be the best candidate the Republican party could ask for.......

taxpayer said:
YES SIR! Even many Cons now say that she will be a "SHOE IN"!!!
Hillary is just sitting back and watching Bush destroy the next Repub pres canidate.

Ahhh can you name me one Conservative who said that????

Argonath said:
Bush '12. THAT will be interesting. Hell, if FDR could do four, then by god, he'll find a way to do three. Stupid bastard. I want a country without undoubt at least once in my life. I've seen Clinton and now Bush. I was happier with Clinton more than Bush. I like it when our country isn't in debt and is at least liked in the world community.

I personally could care less what the French and the Germans think about us....They are as crooked as the UN..........

One thing though maybe if Clinton had taken Bin Laden on a silver platter in 1996 when he was offered to us by Sudan instead of getting BJs in the oval office by a girl young enough to be his granddaughter we would have never had a 9/11/01 and no deficit............

Well Hillary could very well be a shoe in for the Democrat nomination. Given the state of the Democrat party right now though, I doubt the Dems have anybody they can put up who will win the election unless the GOP shoots itself in the foot bigtime.

And if/when we win the next election too, we have a very good shot at being able to replace that 85-year-old liberal with a good strong conservative and maybe a couple of others too.

galenrox said:
That really blows. May God rest his soul, and may flights of angels carry him to his final resting place. (that's what my dad said to me when the Pope died, and I think that it's a good response to any death)

I don't see any use in getting to worked up about who Bush is going to appoint, because there's really not **** that we can do about it. If he goes too extreme, the person'll be filibustered, if not, then Bush'll get 2 people on. The political reprocussions suck, but whatever.

I hope your right..........I hope the dems filibuster........Then the majority leader can invoke the nuclear option and it will take only a simple majority (which the constitution says) to confirm a nominee........

I think we agree on this one gally.......:lol:

Originally Posted by Navy Pride:
I hope your right about Hillary winning the democratic nomination.......She is the most polarizing figure in the democratic party....She pretends to move to the center just like "Slick Willie" did in 1992.......He fooled moderates and conservatives but she won't......Fool me once, shame on you.Fool me twice shame on me..........

Hillary would be the best candidate the Republican party could ask for.......
I wasn't talking about the Primary.

AlbqOwl said:
I doubt the Dems have anybody they can put up who will win the election unless the GOP shoots itself in the foot bigtime.
Its called the Iraq War.

steen said:
Its called the Iraq War.

You sure like the left wing media kool aid my friend...You better quit drinking that stuff........

As far as a female President goes I will go you lefties one better......I would not mind a female president even and African American one if Condy Rice was to run........

Another candidate who would really torque you lefties jaws......I love it......

Last edited:
Navy Pride said:
Yeah I agree lets get rid of that 85 year old Liberal who is the oldest on the court........We can bring ina a young 50 year old Conservative to replace him.......

Hey! We agree on one thing at least! Getting rid of the 85 year olds!

But bringing in a 50 year old CON will only help to set our country back to the 1800's when people had NO rights and were working for peaunuts in a slave shop for the lowlife rich.

galenrox said:
yeah, whatever. I think both sides have invoked so many doomsday scenarios that we all need to just accept the fact that everything's gonna be ok. I'm not complacent on letting these so-called "moral" facists taking over my country, but there's no point getting freaked out about this ****. The nation took a curve to the right, as they did in the 80s and early 90s, then the right'll overstep their bounds, then the nation takes a turn to the left, as they did for most of the 90s, until the left oversteps their bounds, and then back right they'll go.
The sun will rise, tomorrow the sun will rise.

Bottom line Gally is a president deserves to have his nominees confirmed whether they be liberal or conservative..........Clinton got his, and President Bush should get his........

taxpayer said:
Hey! We agree on one thing at least! Getting rid of the 85 year olds!

But bringing in a 50 year old CON will only help to set our country back to the 1800's when people had NO rights and were working for peaunuts in a slave shop for the lowlife rich.

That is your opinion but not the 61,000,000 who voted for this President to give him the opportunity to appoint Conservative judges.........You are on the minority side of the issue.........You need to elect a liberal so he can nominate liberal judges to the court......

Ain't gonna happen though..........This country is made up of moderate and conservative people............"Slick Willie" fooled them in 92.Hillary won't.............

Navy Pride said:
You sure like the left wing media kool aid my friend...You better quit drinking that stuff........

As far as a female President goes I will go you lefties one better......I would not mind a female president even and African American one if Condy Rice was to run........

Good ol' pro-choice, possibly lesbian, Condoleeza Rice? I'm not sure how upset that would make liberals.

Navy Pride said:
That is your opinion but not the 61,000,000 who voted for this President to give him the opportunity to appoint Conservative judges.........You are on the minority side of the issue.........You need to elect a liberal so he can nominate liberal judges to the court......

Ain't gonna happen though..........This country is made up of moderate and conservative people............"Slick Willie" fooled them in 92.Hillary won't.............

This country is made up of "moderate and conservitives?"

You need a REALITY CHECK my friend!

GORE RECIEVED MORE U.S. citizens VOTES than Bush did in 2000!:roll:

Bush beat KERRY by the LOWEST margin in our history!:doh

51% of the people RIGHT NOW DISSAPROVE of BUSH!::roll:

Right now most AMERICANS are so sick of Bushs LIES and deceptions that Bill OR Hillary CLINTON will beat Bush by a 15% margin.

You need to get off of your "at all cost stick up for Bush" bandwagon!

So SEE? YOU are on the minority side!:2razz:

Navy Pride said:

Don't worry about Condy!
Hillary will give her a job after she becomes PRESIDENT!

shuamort said:
Good ol' pro-choice, possibly lesbian, Condoleeza Rice? I'm not sure how upset that would make liberals.

I don't know about that....I don't deal in rumors.......She has very little chance of getting the nomination anyway........Jeb Bush is still the guy I want........Just think if he were to win.......Eight more years of a Bush as Prez...That would be pretty hard for people on the elft to swallow......Maybe some of the hollywood elite would actually leave like they promised too.....

galenrox said:
yeah, whatever. I think both sides have invoked so many doomsday scenarios that we all need to just accept the fact that everything's gonna be ok. I'm not complacent on letting these so-called "moral" facists taking over my country, but there's no point getting freaked out about this ****. The nation took a curve to the right, as they did in the 80s and early 90s, then the right'll overstep their bounds, then the nation takes a turn to the left, as they did for most of the 90s, until the left oversteps their bounds, and then back right they'll go.
The sun will rise, tomorrow the sun will rise.

Great perspective!....Your usual asterisks notwithstanding.:2wave:

The extremists on each side believe the world is peachy and flowery or "doom & gloom" depending on whether or not his/her political affiliation is in power...Then it will flip 180 when the power changes...

I haven't seen it mentioned here yet... but it looks like Roberts might be the next Chief Justice if he's put on the court... which is odd that Bush'd skip over all of the seated justices.

AlbqOwl said:
I don't want Roe v Wade overturned. I just want it to be enforced as written and for abortion to become socially unacceptable.

I think Rehnquist would agree. He voted for Roe v Wade.

If we thought there was a catfight over Judge Roberts, however, just wait until our President nominates the next Chief Justice. I can hear the muskets being loaded and cocked now.

Read Roe-v-Wade section 9a.....
http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/script...&invol=113
....then read this....
http://news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/a...bill32504.html
....and this....
http://news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/a...rr10402opn.pdf
....what do you see?

taxpayer said:
HEH! The Cons will will be CRYING for another CLINTON by the time Bush gets through screwing them.
Face it. Just how many Cons do you think are RICH like the ones that Bush caters to, gives BIG tax breaks to and gives BIG no bid contracts to.? 10%? The other 90% will be shinning Hillarys shoes and praying on the streets that she wins!

BTW: Don't be afraid of a WOMAN PRESIDENT! Shes not going to tell you what time to get home. She won't tell you to get your BUTT to work and come home right after work to COOK! She won't make you feel less manly.

Most men that are HENPECKED think this way!:lol:
Buck buck buck, ****-a-doddle-do!!!:roll:

did Bush or Mccain ever come out on the side of war protesters? They say it's moral values when in reality it's patriotism.

Originally Posted by AlbqOwl;
"I doubt the Dems have anybody they can put up who will win the election unless the GOP shoots itself in the foot bigtime."

steen said:
Its called the Iraq War.

The Dem.s' are going to nominate the Iraq War?

taxpayer said:
HEH! The Cons will will be CRYING for another CLINTON by the time Bush gets through screwing them.
Face it. Just how many Cons do you think are RICH like the ones that Bush caters to, gives BIG tax breaks to and gives BIG no bid contracts to.? 10%? The other 90% will be shinning Hillarys shoes and praying on the streets that she wins!

BTW: Don't be afraid of a WOMAN PRESIDENT! Shes not going to tell you what time to get home. She won't tell you to get your BUTT to work and come home right after work to COOK! She won't make you feel less manly.

Most men that are HENPECKED think this way!:lol:
Buck buck buck, ****-a-doddle-do!!!:roll:

I make @ 18K per year, so I'm hardly rich. Before Pres. Bush's tax cuts, the biggest tax return that I ever received was $70. After Pres. Bush's tax cuts (with my income staying about the same), I have received $3,000 in 2001, $3,000 in 2002, $3,200 in 2003, $3,500 in 2004, and $5,000 in 2005.

So maybe you can understand why I can not relate to the opinion that Pres. Bush caters to the rich.

Busta said:
I make @ 18K per year, so I'm hardly rich. Before Pres. Bush's tax cuts, the biggest tax return that I ever received was $70. After Pres. Bush's tax cuts (with my income staying about the same), I have received $3,000 in 2001, $3,000 in 2002, $3,200 in 2003, $3,500 in 2004, and $5,000 in 2005.

So maybe you can understand why I can not relate to the opinion that Pres. Bush caters to the rich.

good point the tax cuts might not mean much to the lib elitists or to the corps, but it means alot to the common man, the whole thing that the left leaves out of the tax cuts is that it's our money in the first place, the tax cut isn't a cut of anything it's a reduction of YOUR money that you give to the gov't.

Busta said:

Wow! From $70.00 to $5,000 in 5 years?

SO, are you saying that our Gov took almost 1/3 of your pay out just in FEDERAL TAXES?:roll: :roll: :doh :doh

Nice Bush butt kiss try tho!

Back
Top Bottom