• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Rehnquist is dead...

Originally posted by Navy Pride:
Billo, in case you have not noticed he already won re election.........

It does not matter..............
Your right, cause he ain't winnin' again. Soon your going to see more and more Republicans start to distance themselves from him in order to get re-elected.

steen said:
What a load of emotional claptrap. "innocent." "Defenseless." "murder." What a load of BS, a load of revisionist linguistics, of dishonest prolife hyperbole.

Is that your best shot my liberal friend? You know what they say..."The truth hurts."

Last edited:
danarhea said:
Show me where in the Constitution where the Federal government is allowed to regulate abortion.

To the contrary, the 10th Amendment stipulates that powers not expressly given to the Federal government by the Constitution belong to the respective states, and to the people.

There is nothing in the Constitution authorizing the Federal government to regulate abortion and there is nothing to prevent such regulation. The Preamble however refers to promoting the general welfare. Abortion certainly is pertinent to the welfare of the mother and is pertinent to the welfare of the unborn child.

Roe v Wade is careful constructed in three parts: the state has little interest in the unborn fetus in the first trimester, increased interest in the unborn fetus in the second trimester, and considerable interest in the third trimester when the baby is likely to be viable. Roe v Wade, properly applied, would not interfere with laws prohibiting partial birth abortion for instance or laws making murder of a pregnant woman a double murder. It also would not be difficult for a conservative SCOTUS to assign administration of Roe v Wade to the states.

I could not have an abortion in any case. I am 100% pro life. But neither can I judge one who is the victim of rape or incest or instances when the baby if born will be so badly damaged s/he will be subject to a miserable life, etc. As much as I abhor the whole concept, and think necessity is exremely rare, I personally hope that it remains legal to obtain an abortion when one is necessary.

I also hope that we as a society move the pendulum back to the point where life is valued, cherished, and wanted. I want us to redevelop a culture where all life is precious and abortion would be unthinkable to all normal people. I want a society in which "pro-choice" means deciding whether one will risk pregnancy or not.

Billo_Really said:
Ya, a bunch of hayseed dickboys put a liar back in office, now were the most hated nation on earth!

Billo you use to add something constructive to the debate...Sadly you have lowered yourself to just name calling and insults.........

Billo_Really said:
Your right, cause he ain't winnin' again. Soon your going to see more and more Republicans start to distance themselves from him in order to get re-elected.

Jeb Bush in 2008......You heard it first here Billo.......

Originally posted by Navy Pride:
If that happens, I'll buy you a case of Goldschalger.

AlbqOwl said:
There is nothing in the Constitution authorizing the Federal government to regulate abortion and there is nothing to prevent such regulation. The Preamble however refers to promoting the general welfare. Abortion certainly is pertinent to the welfare of the mother and is pertinent to the welfare of the unborn child.

Roe v Wade is careful constructed in three parts: the state has little interest in the unborn fetus in the first trimester, increased interest in the unborn fetus in the second trimester, and considerable interest in the third trimester when the baby is likely to be viable. Roe v Wade, properly applied, would not interfere with laws prohibiting partial birth abortion for instance or laws making murder of a pregnant woman a double murder. It also would not be difficult for a conservative SCOTUS to assign administration of Roe v Wade to the states.

I could not have an abortion in any case. I am 100% pro life. But neither can I judge one who is the victim of rape or incest or instances when the baby if born will be so badly damaged s/he will be subject to a miserable life, etc. As much as I abhor the whole concept, and think necessity is exremely rare, I personally hope that it remains legal to obtain an abortion when one is necessary.

I also hope that we as a society move the pendulum back to the point where life is valued, cherished, and wanted. I want us to redevelop a culture where all life is precious and abortion would be unthinkable to all normal people. I want a society in which "pro-choice" means deciding whether one will risk pregnancy or not.

As I said in a previous post I don't think the judges ever thought that there would be 40,000,000 abortions performed between 1972 and 2005.........If they had known that there would never have been a Roe V Wade law...........

Billo_Really said:
If that happens, I'll buy you a case of Goldschalger.

Never say never my friend..........Remember you Libs never thought President Bush was electable........

Navy Pride said:
As I said in a previous post I don't think the judges ever thought that there would be 40,000,000 abortions performed between 1972 and 2005.........If they had known that there would never have been a Roe V Wade law...........

Yes I agree. But a conservative court could at the very least revert the interpretation of Roe v Wade back to the limited authorization it originally intended and allow the states to pass laws putting tight controls on abortion.
Please don't think I am an advocate for abortion. I am not. But I see a reason to have laws that allow for extreme circumstances too and that's why I would not vote for all abortion for whatever reason to be outlawed.

Originally Posted by Navy Pride:
Never say never my friend..........Remember you Libs never thought President Bush was electable........
That was [int]electable.

I'm pro-choice, but I can live without Roe vs. Wade. If it were overturned, that wouldn't mean that all abortion would be illegal. The question would go to the states, and we'd find a wide variety of policies on this issue.

However, if we're going to have a conservative justice overturn Roe Vs. Wade, they'd better be the whole consitituional package. Someone who is against RvW but supports Kelo vs. New London is just not going to cut it. At least for me.

Connecticutter said:
I'm pro-choice, but I can live without Roe vs. Wade. If it were overturned, that wouldn't mean that all abortion would be illegal. The question would go to the states, and we'd find a wide variety of policies on this issue.

However, if we're going to have a conservative justice overturn Roe Vs. Wade, they'd better be the whole consitituional package. Someone who is against RvW but supports Kelo vs. New London is just not going to cut it. At least for me.

Amen to that Connecticutter. That was maybe the scariest decision the SCOTUS has EVER made. And we can hope a more conservative court will get that reversed. John Locke must be thrashing in his grave.

Navy Pride said:

It ain't never going to happen Mr Navy.
Millions of working and unemployed Cons are tired of the Bushs BS, LIES and catering to the rich. The Repubs in congress will quietly slide away from JR Bush just before their re-election comes up.

What ever side McCain decides to run with will win. UNLESS Hillary Rodman Clinton decides to run for president, then even McCain will be T-O-A-S-T.

Originally posted by taxpayer:
What ever side McCain decides to run with will win. UNLESS Hillary Rodman Clinton decides to run for president, then even McCain will be T-O-A-S-T.
I think Hillary is going to run. And I think she is going to win.

Billo_Really said:
I think Hillary is going to run. And I think she is going to win.

YES SIR! Even many Cons now say that she will be a "SHOE IN"!!!
Hillary is just sitting back and watching Bush destroy the next Repub pres canidate.

Bush '12. THAT will be interesting. Hell, if FDR could do four, then by god, he'll find a way to do three. Stupid bastard. I want a country without undoubt at least once in my life. I've seen Clinton and now Bush. I was happier with Clinton more than Bush. I like it when our country isn't in debt and is at least liked in the world community.

Argonath said:
Bush '12. THAT will be interesting. Hell, if FDR could do four, then by god, he'll find a way to do three. Stupid bastard. I want a country without undoubt at least once in my life. I've seen Clinton and now Bush. I was happier with Clinton more than Bush. I like it when our country isn't in debt and is at least liked in the world community.

It doesn't matter who's the president people are still going to blame us for all the worlds problems instead of looking inwardly at their own corrupt institutions.

taxpayer said:
YES SIR! Even many Cons now say that she will be a "SHOE IN"!!!
Hillary is just sitting back and watching Bush destroy the next Repub pres canidate.

The cons have not said that she will be a shoe in, she's gonna get wiped out by Mccain in a landslide, she's to divisive a character to ever hope to gain swing voters from the moderate Reps, we've said that in the loony bin that is the democratic party she will almost certainly win the primary that's all and that's it.

Billo_Really said:
What do you like doing more of:

• Hating Liberals
  • Making America better
Because doing one, stops the other. You can't do both at the same time.

Making America better of course, the shining city on the hill, and all that, but hating liberals is just icing on the cake. Just kidding. I don't hate you I just disagree with most of you passionatly.

danarhea said:
Show me where in the Constitution where the Federal government is allowed to regulate abortion.

To the contrary, the 10th Amendment stipulates that powers not expressly given to the Federal government by the Constitution belong to the respective states, and to the people.

You're exactly right, it is up to the state, but activist judges legislating from the bench have stopped that from happening, that's why I think Roe v Wade should be overturned it's a violation of the constitution, whatever your personal views on abortion are can not change the legality of the constitution.

Originally Posted by Trajan Octavian Titus
Making America better of course, the shining city on the hill, and all that, but hating liberals is just icing on the cake. Just kidding. I don't hate you I just disagree with most of you passionatly.
I'm "down" with that.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
The cons have not said that she will be a shoe in, she's gonna get wiped out by Mccain in a landslide, she's to divisive a character to ever hope to gain swing voters from the moderate Reps, we've said that in the loony bin that is the democratic party she will almost certainly win the primary that's all and that's it.

HEH! The Cons will will be CRYING for another CLINTON by the time Bush gets through screwing them.
Face it. Just how many Cons do you think are RICH like the ones that Bush caters to, gives BIG tax breaks to and gives BIG no bid contracts to.? 10%? The other 90% will be shinning Hillarys shoes and praying on the streets that she wins!

BTW: Don't be afraid of a WOMAN PRESIDENT! Shes not going to tell you what time to get home. She won't tell you to get your BUTT to work and come home right after work to COOK! She won't make you feel less manly.

Most men that are HENPECKED think this way!:lol:
Buck buck buck, ****-a-doddle-do!!!:roll:

Navy Pride said:
May the Chief Justice rest in peace...........

I agree, may he rest in peace BUT he is a prime example of why we need to be able to limit their terms and make them step down when they are too old or too sick.

taxpayer said:
I agree, may he rest in peace BUT he is a prime example of why we need to be able to limit their terms and make them step down when they are too old or too sick.

Yeah I agree lets get rid of that 85 year old Liberal who is the oldest on the court........We can bring ina a young 50 year old Conservative to replace him.......

Back
Top Bottom