• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Re: American bodies returning

Captain America

Jedi Master
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist

I am watching President Trump, and entourage, meeting the plane carrying the dead bodies of the Americans recently killed in Syria.

Sad. Somber. Respectful. Honorable.

Glad President Trump attended and saluted them as they were taken from the plane. That HAS to be one of the hardest things a POTUS can do.

Kudos to Trump for that. :peace (You might want to archive this post. I think this is the first time I gave President Trump an atta-boy. :cool:)

Last edited:

I am watching President Trump, and entourage, meeting the plane carrying the dead bodies of the Americans recently killed in Syria.

Sad. Somber. Respectful. Honorable.

Glad President Trump attended and saluted them as they were taken from the plane.

Kudos to Trump for that. :peace (You might want to archieve this post. I think this is the first time I gave President Trump an atta-boy. :cool:)

Yep for once he is acting presidential, I’ll gladly give him kudos for that.

Demonstration of grading on a curve. He saluted the bodies of returning KIA's without punching a black baby. We need to make that man President for life.

Demonstration of grading on a curve. He saluted the bodies of returning KIA's without punching a black baby. We need to make that man President for life.

Nope just commenting on this one act alone. For once he did something presidential, that doesn’t make him a great president. But I’ll give him kudos for the act.

Nope just commenting on this one act alone. For once he did something presidential, that doesn’t make him a great president. But I’ll give him kudos for the act.

Nobody would be commending any past President for this because it's completely normal and expected. This is like congratulating a child with downs syndrome for brushing his teeth.

Whether you are aware of it or not you are playing into grading him on a curve, and that rewards him and nobody else.

Nobody would be commending any past President for this because it's completely normal and expected. This is like congratulating a child with downs syndrome for brushing his teeth.

Whether you are aware of it or not you are playing into grading him on a curve, and that rewards him and nobody else.

Again I can see your point but I don’t apply it that way, I’ve given many kudos in the past to actions obama did. The difference is I can count on one hand how many times trump has actually been presidential while Obama was presidential too many times for me to even count. Obama may not have been the best president at times but he was presidential overall.

Again I can see your point but I don’t apply it that way, I’ve given many kudos in the past to actions obama did. The difference is I can count on one hand how many times trump has actually been presidential while Obama was presidential too many times for me to even count. Obama may not have been the best president at times but he was presidential overall.

Certainly, but I find congratulating Trump for what is a normal and routine thing almost certainly stems from a need seek out anything at all in order to not appear partisan. That, again, rewards Trump and nobody else.

This has been nation-wide phenomenon since his candidacy, and if he were truly judged on the same level as past Presidents he'd never have been elected in the first place. If nothing else, he'd have been impeached the day after he fired Comey (or at least after the Lester Holt interview aired).

A child with Down's SHOULD be congratulated for brushing his teeth. That's sorta what I'm doing here with the Trumpster.

At McDonald's the other day, the cashier successfully took my payment and handed me the food that I ordered.

Kudos.

At McDonald's the other day, the cashier successfully took my payment and handed me the food that I ordered.

Kudos.

You have it exactly right.

After two years of watching how this cretin treats his so-called friends, political opponents and non-citizens, it's clear to me that acting civilized or presidential is only coincidental to what actually drives him or what he bases his decisions on.

And they have NOTHING to do with the norms of governing, being respectful or being a decent human being, because he's NOT. It's all about his approval rating or his news coverage, or you can bet it's about money.

When he does something for someone else, or something that doesn't benefit him, or something that might show that he IS a decent human being, I'll give him kudos. I believe that will never happen...

I bet he was wishing those coffins were filled with Big Macs.

I bet he was wishing those coffins were filled with Big Macs.

That would be preferable to dead people, yes. :confused:

Repatriations are always somber, heavy events. I coordinated way too many of them back in the day. It is always ideal for the President to be there for their arrival, so kudos to Trump for recognizing that.

Back
Top Bottom