• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Rasmussen Poll Muslim for President

SgtRock

Cancel Cancel Culture and Woke Supremacy
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Here are the results of a poll conducted by Rasmussen on Sept 22-23. The questions pertain to Voting for a muslim for president. The results seem a little scary to me. 28% of Americans said they would vote for a muslim for president. There is also a question that asks if political correctness was a problem in America. 71% said yes. I agree. BTW 51% of Americans say they would not vote for a muslim. I thought that number would be higher since the basic tenants of Islam enforced through Sharia Law do no line up with our constitution. Here is a link to the poll

Few Would Vote for a Muslim President - Rasmussen Reports?

You do realize that not all Muslims are proponents of Sharia Law don't you?

Just like not all catholics want to ban the use of birth control and stop everyone from eating meat on Friday.

Here are the results of a poll conducted by Rasmussen on Sept 22-23. The questions pertain to Voting for a muslim for president. The results seem a little scary to me. 28% of Americans said they would vote for a muslim for president. There is also a question that asks if political correctness was a problem in America. 71% said yes. I agree. BTW 51% of Americans say they would not vote for a muslim. I thought that number would be higher since the basic tenants of Islam enforced through Sharia Law do no line up with our constitution. Here is a link to the poll

Few Would Vote for a Muslim President - Rasmussen Reports?

So Ben Carson is right !! Thought so.

You do realize that not all Muslims are proponents of Sharia Law don't you?

Just like not all Catholics want to ban the use of birth control and stop everyone from eating meat on Friday.

Just eat fish on Fridays like I do. Problem solved.

65m0MVq.jpg

the voters (per the opinion of the OP) seem to think otherwise?

That I might not vote for a person who is Muslim doesn't mean that a muslim should be restricted from office due to his faith. Hell, there are plenty of liberals who wont vote for a guy like Huckabee because of his faith or would never vote for an evangelical, so don't act like this is something new or profound.

I don't get why conservative evangelicals are so hostile to a Muslim president. They would agree with them on 99% of social issues as a Muslim president would almost certainly be: Pro-Life, Against Same Sex Marriage, Against including gays and lesbians in hate crime laws, and a Creationist. Really the only thing they would disagree on is support for Israel.

There is no law saying they can't run and there is no law that says I have to vote for one.

Nothing to see here............ Move along.

The 10 Commandments don't line up with our Constitution either.

Ideally I would like to vote for a President who doesn't believe in magic but there hasn't exactly been a plethora of atheist/agnostic candidates. At least out of the closet ones.

That said, as long as they are able to compartmentalize their superstitious leanings and not let it unduly affect their governing it doesn't bother me too much.

I don't get why conservative evangelicals are so hostile to a Muslim president. They would agree with them on 99% of social issues as a Muslim president would almost certainly be: Pro-Life, Against Same Sex Marriage, Against including gays and lesbians in hate crime laws, and a Creationist. Really the only thing they would disagree on is support for Israel.

So do you believe evangelicals would chop off the hands of thiefs, punish a woman for being raped, hang apostates, death penalty for being homosexual. Death penalty for blasphemy? Really?

Rape; under Sharia law a woman who has been raped needs the rapist to confess or she must have four male witnesses to testify she was raped. If she was married she faces the death penalty for being raped. If not married she faces flogging and prison time. I do not believe American evangelicals would approve of this. In fact most American evangelicals do not want to live under a theocracy.

So do you believe evangelicals would chop off the hands of thiefs, punish a woman for being raped, hang apostates, death penalty for being homosexual. Death penalty for blasphemy? Really?

No, but neither would the vast majority of Muslims. There are extremist Christians too. For example, evangelicals in Uganda have no problem executing homosexuals and I assure you the Lord's Resistance Army has no problem killing anyone for what they see as infidels to Christianity.

Rape; under Sharia law a woman who has been raped needs the rapist to confess or she must have four male witnesses to testify she was raped. If she was married she faces the death penalty for being raped. If not married she faces flogging and prison time. I do not believe American evangelicals would approve of this. In fact most American evangelicals do not want to live under a theocracy.

Rape under Mosiac law is treated as a property crime. Many on the Religious Right have no problem with a theocracy so long as its their version that gets imposed through the force of law.

No, but neither would the vast majority of Muslims. There are extremist Christians too. For example, evangelicals in Uganda have no problem executing homosexuals and I assure you the Lord's Resistance Army has no problem killing anyone for what they see as infidels to Christianity.
I'm sure you understand that the definition of Islam is "submission" and that means total submission. al-Taqiyya comes from the words of Muhammad (a hadith) or a saying of Muhammad's (a Sunnah) could be a collection of hadith's. So, al-taqiyya comes directly from Muhammad. It means to deceive or lie to your enemies. That includes Infidels/non believers. If you claim to be muslim you are required to submit totally. And you must engage in al-taqiyya when communicating with non-believers. Therefor muslims can not be trusted.

I'm sure you understand that the definition of Islam is "submission" and that means total submission. al-Taqiyya comes from the words of Muhammad (a hadith) or a saying of Muhammad's (a Sunnah) could be a collection of hadith's. So, al-taqiyya comes directly from Muhammad. It means to deceive or lie to your enemies. That includes Infidels/non believers. If you claim to be muslim you are required to submit totally. And you must engage in al-taqiyya when communicating with non-believers. Therefor muslims can not be trusted.

Yeah. There's always that....

Looking at the track record of any potential presidential candidate would reveal their actual positions on issues, and so if a nominal Muslim had a track record of supporting liberal values, I would certainly consider voting for them. If they had a track record of supporting mainstream Islamic beliefs, I wouldn't.

If a candidate was strong on gay rights, women's rights, environmental protection, progressive taxation and opposed to political Islam, I would think also being Muslim might actually be a benefit. Islam needs a reformation to bring it out of the dark ages, and what better way to do it than by a strong voice for liberalization? Kemal Ataturk reformed Turkey in that regard by sheer force of will, and so this could actually prove more effective in the war against Islamism by leading Muslims out of the wilderness.

For a country that supposedly prides itself on the separation of church and state, I find it odd that your media and electorate are so ****ing fixated on the faith or lack of faith of anyone who dares to put their name forward for elected office. Whole forests have been destroyed on the questions of Obama's faith or lack of faith. Photo Ops for candidates entering/exiting church services. Part of Romney's inability to get elected based on closeted and sometimes overt hatred and ridicule of the Mormon faith.

Here in Canada, where politics is civilized and where church and state truly are separated, nobody has a clue what faith any particular politician practices and nobody gives a damn either way.

Rape under Mosiac law is treated as a property crime. Many on the Religious Right have no problem with a theocracy so long as its their version that gets imposed through the force of law.

You are aware that Christianity went through a reformation. Mosaic law, really?

Last edited:
For a country that supposedly prides itself on the separation of church and state, I find it odd that your media and electorate are so ****ing fixated on the faith or lack of faith of anyone who dares to put their name forward for elected office. Whole forests have been destroyed on the questions of Obama's faith or lack of faith. Photo Ops for candidates entering/exiting church services. Part of Romney's inability to get elected based on closeted and sometimes overt hatred and ridicule of the Mormon faith.

Here in Canada, where politics is civilized and where church and state truly are separated, nobody has a clue what faith any particular politician practices and nobody gives a damn either way.

Careful what you say John. You could be locked up in Canada for what we in America consider free speech. So you don't give a damn if you elect muslims and the proceed to change Canada to an Islamic theocracy?

Last edited:
So you don't give a damn if you elect muslims and the proceed to change Canada to an Islamic theocracy?

There's a Muslim who was elected Mayor of Calgary - a very conservative, frontier type city. By all accounts, he's quite popular and doesn't bring his religion into the public realm. We have several Muslims, Sikhs, etc. in our provincial and federal legislatures and I've seen no problem with or from them.

My issues are always with policy and direction. I have zero time for the personal lives of people in public office. I'm not the slightest bit religious - that's perhaps why anything to do with religion bores me and doesn't interest me at all.

And just as an aside, the Liberal government in my Province of Ontario, about a decade ago, attempted to bring in Sharia courts for civil matters where both or all parties in a civil dispute were in agreement to abide by the decisions of such tribunals. The Premier of the Province of Ontario and head of the Liberal government who proposed the measure was and is a Roman Catholic. There was sufficient backlash from the general public that the proposal was abandoned. The point I make is that it won't necessarily take a Muslim to make decisions you may be concerned about - be ever vigilant regardless of who holds power.

Back
Top Bottom