• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ranting so I don't pay a psychologist. Covid related.

Actually, it is EXACTLY like that except in the most extreme situations. For example, with a disease like one demonstrating characteristics of that imaginary virus in the Dustin Hoffman movie "Outbreak" (1995).

That is always the argument used by authoritarians. Again, what such "obligations" may be is a matter of opinion in most situations.

There we go with the prime tactics I expressed in my prior reply. Demonize to create hate and fear, then moralizing to support whatever action deemed necessary to "force compliance."

Never ceases to amaze me. :coffee:
I strongly suspect your parents were 'forced' into having you vaccinated multiple times against all manner of nasty diseases before you were allowed to start your school career. Why the whining now?

This is a good reminder to not catch or spread covid. It can suck pretty badly, apparently.

Not even Vladimir Putin came up with this idea. What would the logistics of this be? How are you going to maintain control in society while applying your master plan? Military? Police? or you will start a civillian brigade to check on people? We live in a western democracy.

If thinking you have the full picture is not arrogance, I don't know what is.

I am glad I did not meet people like you as I am very allergic to emotional based thinking. If someone would talk to me with this superiority and lack of facts before -> I don't know if I would have taken the vaccine. Good thing I met a qualified doctor that explained how exactly this helps and why i need it.

Salute again those that are vaccinated but do not wear it like a badge.
Look at other countries. We talk down to antivaxxers because of their maliciousness

Let me clarfiy this ---> I am specifically addressing your point for all to be vaccinated through a mandate or stay at home forced. Not the vaccines, as I know the value of them. I am still typing here and not sick somewhere else because of them.

Let us hope people like you never get into a position of power. This kind of mind can create a lot of damage in our democracy. As we are seeing the dangers of outside authoritarinism in men like Putin, Xi in China, it looks the same type of mentality is present in the west amongst some of the population.

However, the price of democracy is accepting also views like yours which are so weak presented that is giving me a headache more than the actual Covid I am battling now. Let me know the logistics of how are you going to maintain control in society while applying your requirement for ALL to be vaccinated? Military? Police? or you will start a civillian brigade to check on people?
Yes mandatory vaccination that we already require no totalitarianism necessary.

It would have required the cooperation of the Chinese.
Good luck with that.
Do you think they werent affected by this? It wasnt the chinese who destroyed all information sharing attempts with us. That was der trumpengroper.

We talk down to antivaxxers because of their maliciousness
Yes, very easy to talk down to people. Not sure how productive that is if your goal in principle is to help society by encouraging vaccination.

So is your goal to try to educate people to why is important to have a vaccine or to feel superior because you got a certificate proof of vaccination?

They gave me one too, I have it on my phone as a PDF, I just don't wear it like a badge.

Do you think they werent affected by this? It wasnt the chinese who destroyed all information sharing attempts with us. That was der trumpengroper.
The Chinese ALWAYS provide only the information they filter through their propaganda machine. They withheld information about the severity of the virus until it was too late for anyone to do anything about it. They lie. They should never be trusted. True, the jackass was mostly at fault because he should have made sure we had reliable sources of information on the ground there, as well as myriad other mistakes. Imo the jackass deserves the bulk of the blame but the Chinese get some too.

Sorry to hear this. Hope you get well soon.

That was a bit insensitive of your friend. Your body, your choice.

Since I for one don't know anything about you; i.e. your age, weight, physical condition, pre-existing medical conditions, etc. I would not presume to speculate on your particular risk. Even if I did know, I would not give you any medical advice one way or the other. That's between you and your physician.

I will point out that vaccines do not cure Covid-19, nor do they prevent one from becoming infected. They are designed to help speed up one's existing immune system's reaction to both identify and combat the disease. Thus, a person with a strong, healthy immune system can also defeat Covid-19 without need of vaccination. IMO the issue is simply one of personal choice based on a risk/benefits basis understanding your own heath conditions.

IMO that is based on a number of factors, not the least of which is a combination of fearmongering and authoritarian tactics used to get people to cooperate with vaccine usage. Fear and Hate are major motivators in such interpersonal conflicts. Create a situation where fear and hate abound and you also create a hotbed of violent reaction.

In any case, best wishes on getting well soon.
While you are at it why don't you point out the difference in hospitalizations and deaths between unvaxxed and vaxxed covid sufferers?

The Chinese ALWAYS provide only the information they filter through their propaganda machine. They withheld information about the severity of the virus until it was too late for anyone to do anything about it. They lie. They should never be trusted. True, the jackass was mostly at fault because he should have made sure we had reliable sources of information on the ground there, as well as myriad other mistakes. Imo the jackass deserves the bulk of the blame but the Chinese get some too.
Um no Trump witheld the severity. We had people in China that were tracking this thing since the beginning. We hamstrung ourselves because why? We could have figured it out without filtering it through state media. Thats literally why we had people over there. Some Americans just wanted more dead Americans. Thats why our response team and our correspondence with them were bejng sabotaged.

Had everyone eligible been vaccinated early on hundreds of thousands of lives would have been saved. The fact that it didn’t happen is why this country has one of the worst statistical records dealing with covid in the world.
It’s because the covidiots screwed normal people.
No. Most countries did better than the United States far before vaccines were eligible. There were measure to be taken outside of vaccines, but no one was willing to take them. South Korea shut down their public transit. New York did not. New Zealand and Australia closed borders; Californians went to lunch and got their hair done.

No. Most countries did better than the United States far before vaccines were eligible. There were measure to be taken outside of vaccines, but no one was willing to take them. South Korea shut down their public transit. New York did not. New Zealand and Australia closed borders; Californians went to lunch and got their hair done.
Thanks for the detailed analysis.

Vaccination refusal (I won't use the euphemism "hesitant") is only one reason we screwed up as a nation. You mentioned others. The overriding theme is that we are infested with too many nests of covidiots and maskholes who are only in it for ME ME ME ME. It makes me embarrassed to be an American.

A recent study has shown a correlation between vitamin D deficiency and COVID-19 severity.

I educated you about the “experimental vaccine “ misconception.
Perhaps when I have time I will educate you about hospital transfers.
Look, I spent my career working in hospitals. It is a fact that besides hospice patients you can’t transfer an acutely ill unstable patient to a nursing home where they would get a lower level of care. It’s illegal and hospitals risk huge fines if they try it.
You also have problems understanding what went on in NY and other cities. The stable (though possibly still contagious) patients were transferred to nursing homes because there was NO PLACE ELSE TO SEND THEM.
You can’t clog up hospitals, especially during a pandemic, with patients who don’t need to be there.
You are living in your own world clapping your hand over your ears and just not hearing anything you do not want to hear. You are not capable of educating anyone largely because you don't have the foggiest clue yourself. The suggestion that the Seniors with Covid that Cuomo sent back to nursing homes were stable is idiotic. as is the suggestion that there was nowhere else to send them other then the nursing homes. And stable covid patients do not die! They recover!

You are living in your own world clapping your hand over your ears and just not hearing anything you do not want to hear. You are not capable of educating anyone largely because you don't have the foggiest clue yourself. The suggestion that the Seniors with Covid that Cuomo sent back to nursing homes were stable is idiotic. as is the suggestion that there was nowhere else to send them other then the nursing homes. And stable covid patients do not die! They recover!
For the last time, unstable patients may not be transferred to a facility with a lower level of care unless it’s a hospice patient. It’s illegal. There was no place else to send them once they were stable.
If you think there was please tell me where-and don’t bother telling me that they should have been sent to hospital ships or convention centers-they were never set up to care for covid patients.
Unless you can tell me where stable covid patients should have been discharged to then you need to educate yourself. There was no other place.
Read this and educate yourself. It’s ILLEGAL for a nursing home to accept patients they can’t care for:

“State health officials contend that asymptomatic nursing home employees, not recovering COVID-19 patients, were the driving factor in nursing home outbreaks. And they have repeatedly noted that by law, nursing homes weren’t supposed to accept anyone they couldn’t adequately care for.”

Last edited:
For the last time, unstable patients may not be transferred to a facility with a lower level of care unless it’s a hospice patient. It’s illegal. There was no place else to send them once they were stable.
If you think there was please tell me where-and don’t bother telling me that they should have been sent to hospital ships or convention centers-they were never set up to care for covid patients.
Unless you can tell me where stable covid patients should have been discharged to then you need to educate yourself. There was no other place.
I told you on at least two occasions. If you cannot read, get someone to read it to you.

I told you on at least two occasions. If you cannot read, get someone to read it to you.
You are living in a fantasy world. It’s impossible for normal people to have a cogent debate with people living in a fantasy world.

Vaccination refusal (I won't use the euphemism "hesitant") is only one reason we screwed up as a nation. You mentioned others. The overriding theme is that we are infested with too many nests of covidiots and maskholes who are only in it for ME ME ME ME. It makes me embarrassed to be an American.
It's almost worse now. Maskholes think because they're vaccinated they get to catch and spread covid and kill immunocompromised people and prolong the pandemic. Just like healthy young people did during 2020.

Read this and educate yourself. It’s ILLEGAL for a nursing home to accept patients they can’t care for:

“State health officials contend that asymptomatic nursing home employees, not recovering COVID-19 patients, were the driving factor in nursing home outbreaks. And they have repeatedly noted that by law, nursing homes weren’t supposed to accept anyone they couldn’t adequately care for.”
They literally had to take covid patients after Cuomo signed the order. There's a reason why deaths in NY were so high that they literally lied about the numbers.

You are living in a fantasy world. It’s impossible for normal people to have a cogent debate with people living in a fantasy world.
Says the character who guaranteed me several times that the Biden/Osha mandate on the civilian work force would stand and I would just have to live with it. Bwahahahahahahaha!

Do you have memory issues or cognitive issues? I told you on more then one occasion places those seniors inflicted with Covid could have been transferred to. And how many times does it need to be explained to you that stable patients do not die in large numbers? You are desperately attempting to defend a criminally stupid former Governor, who himself cooked the books to hide the number of seniors he sent to their deaths.

Back to this video, I did some digging, it appears the "pro-mandate" group was actually a group of supporters from Toulouse FC in France.

What I read online is that their home games were always on the same day as the "anti-mandate" protests.

Apparently, they were questioning the "anti-mandate, anti-vax" crowd -> how come they march here all the time and the situation degenerated.

Anyone that has traveled around Europe and has been to a football (soccer) game knows how quickly tempers can erupt.

Do you have memory issues or cognitive issues? I told you on more then one occasion places those seniors inflicted with Covid could have been transferred to. And how many times does it need to be explained to you that stable patients do not die in large numbers? You are desperately attempting to defend a criminally stupid former Governor, who himself cooked the books to hide the number of seniors he sent to their deaths.
For the last time: the ship and the convention center were set up not for covid patients but for NON covid patients. There were no isolation rooms, no negative flow rooms there.
They weren’t set up for assisted living people. The plan was to transfer non covid patients there.
Now, I don’t debate facts. It is a fact that there was no place else to discharge stable nursing home patients to other than to the nursing homes.

Back
Top Bottom