• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ranting so I don't pay a psychologist. Covid related.

For the last time: the ship and the convention center were set up not for covid patients but for NON covid patients. There were no isolation rooms, no negative flow rooms there.
They weren’t set up for assisted living people. The plan was to transfer non covid patients there.
Now, I don’t debate facts. It is a fact that there was no place else to discharge stable nursing home patients to other than to the nursing homes.
Once again, you are just making it up as you go along. I am done with you. However after repeatedly accusing me of not telling you alternative places seniors could have been transferred to, you just quoted the places I told you. I suppose that's a start on your road to recovery.

Once again, you are just making it up as you go along. I am done with you. However after repeatedly accusing me of not telling you alternative places seniors could have been transferred to, you just quoted the places I told you. I suppose that's a start on your road to recovery.
It is a fact that there was no place else to transfer stable nursing home patients to.
I don't debate facts.

I see the second graph comparing the two groups. I don't see the comparisons in the first chart.

No connection other than the fact that hospitalizations are way down, except unvaccinated, and unvaccinated continue to die at a high rate.

No connection other than the fact that hospitalizations are way down, except unvaccinated, and unvaccinated continue to die at a high rate.
It does appear that the emerging variants continue to be more transmittable but less severe. Hopefully that continues, but I don't even think that would convince many of the knuckleheads to get vaccinated. And if we don't start improving global vaccination I fear that one of the new variants will combine transmission ease with deadly illness.

It does appear that the emerging variants continue to be more transmittable but less severe. Hopefully that continues, but I don't even think that would convince many of the knuckleheads to get vaccinated. And if we don't start improving global vaccination I fear that one of the new variants will combine transmission ease with deadly illness.
That combination isn’t common because if a pathogen kills it’s host it doesn’t have the opportunity to spread as much.

Last edited:
That combination isn’t common because if a pathogen kills it’s host it doesn’t have the opportunity to spread.
I concur, but looking back at the results of the previous variants certainly indicates that increased deaths are a possibility. As long as the world remains unvaxxed, the likelihood of additional deadly variants remain.

Back
Top Bottom