• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Racism Towards Whites [W:427, 577]

Re: Racism Towards Whites

I've never heard O'Reilly make this argument - have you?
You haven't? I've heard O'Reilly say this in his Talking Points before. I'm not searching through his archives dude, sorry. If you don't believe it, so be it.

Why are liberals so much against bringing up the racism and hate crimes that White people endure? Why are liberals so quick to say that White people are privileged when 1/5 White kids in America goes to bed hungry? When White males are overlooked for a job? When colleges take in non Whites, water down the curriculum, to make a status quo? (not to say there aren't intelligent non Whites, there certainly are).

I wanna play!

Why are conservatives regularly volunteering themselves to be victims?

I'm 33 years old. My entire life, I was brought up to believe that racism was wrong, that people shouldn't be judged by the color of their skin (or anything physically that they can't change), and that those that did those things were ignorant bigots, to be critical towards. Well, I bought into it. I believe that. Parents, teachers, after school specials, and influential people throughout the years: you convinced me. I'm firmly on your side.

But as I grew up, I came to find that more and more, there are some people on the left that don't really believe that racism in and of itself was wrong, but that racism against a demographic with less economic and/or political power was wrong. They don't really believe that judging people by the color of their skin (or anything physically that they can't change) in and of itself was wrong, but that judging people by the color of their skin (or anything physically that they can't change) and they were part of a demographic with less economic and/or political power was wrong. They don't really believe that those that did those things were ignorant bigots, to be critical towards, but that those people were only ignorant bigots, to be critical towards, if they were part of a demographic with more economic and/or political power.

Of course this isn't everyone that believes that racism was wrong. Not by a longshot. But there are some. And they want to say that the only bad racism is the kind that goes against a race that has less economic and/or political power. Well, that wasn't part of the deal that you taught me growing up. And I'm not buying it. I believe that racism is wrong across the board, regardless of the power inequality between the parties. I believe that judging people by the color of their skin (or anything physically that they can't change) is wrong across the board, regardless of the power inequality between the parties. I believe that those that did those things were ignorant bigots, to be critical towards, regardless of the power inequality between the parties.

Don't try to shoehorn this anti-power inequality bull**** into anti-racism, because they're two different issues, and I'm only supportive of one of them.

Oh, no, no no. You misunderstood, I am quite certain. Liberals do believe that all racism is wrong, whether by the advantaged against the disadvantaged, or by the disadvantaged against the advantaged. Really and truly. But when racism is done by the powerless against the powerful, it is wrong only on a personal level; a sin, if you will, whose harm to the one sinned against is minimal. On the other hand, racism engaged in by the powerful against the powerless is a sin whose harm is great; indeed, a sin on a societal level. If you cannot see how this is so, that the comparison of harm between the two scenarios is obvious, then there is no help for you.

So, when liberals focus on the racism that the advantaged foist on the disadvantaged, it is simply a focus on reducing the most harm... Picking battles so as to accomplish the most good with their finite energy. If you can make the argument that it will do a significant amount of good in the world if liberals will just focus on helping out the advantaged against the disadvantaged, I am sure liberals would love to hear such an ingenious argument, and upon finding it convincing, join your parade.

While of course, by the sheer numbers game of probability, there are hate crimes against whites, it's a pretty minor problem and most times it's brought up, it's very much engrained within the conservative persecution complex that some right wingers suffer from.

Which is to say that because the political power of the Christian white male is beginning to shrink, they are under attack.
That sounds like someone who is also just sitting in their living room, listening to MSNBC... have any idea what the real stats are, the sheer numbers are in the "game of probability"?

The rest of your statement, correct me if I am wrong, sounds a little directed, negatively, at one political viewpoint, one race and one religion... prejudge any, do ya?

Racial conflict is a two way street. The only way to stop it is to create harmony and actually get it so race doesn't matter. As the group in power, I would say that this falls more on whites to solve. So let's not complain so much and solve the problems.

So racial conflict is a one way street, but really only one side has the responsibility to solve it... that is a sure fire way never to get the problem solved. How about, instead, we just be smart about it, solve the problem on whichever side it happens to be?

You haven't? I've heard O'Reilly say this in his Talking Points before. I'm not searching through his archives dude, sorry. If you don't believe it, so be it.

1. I'm not calling you a liar, man, I'm just saying I'm surprised by that, as it doesn't sound like anything I've heard him say before.

2. That being said - you're going to demand documentation from others but refuse to provide it yourself?

2. That being said - you're going to demand documentation from others but refuse to provide it yourself?

Because I'm posting with you bro. If someone else asked me (Im sure some douche will now) I would probably attempt to dig it up.

I completely agree that racism is wrong and should not be done at all period, but in all reallity it is going to happen. prime example, scholarships. as a kid n collage, i can personally attest tothe fact that people can get much better scholarships for being black or Mexican or just having heritage of either. but i can come in and say im white and they'll just look at you and blink like "yes... and".I wouldent say that whites are being the victims of racism, but there is no such thing in the real world as equality

Do you have any sort of evidence or sources to cite for this bro? If not, you sound like you're spouting off what you FEEL while sitting in your living room watching O'Reilly. You gotta support your argument with more than feeling.
You need stats bro. That's what I'm talking about. At this point it just sounds like some dude making assumptions...which is what I suspect this is. What if a politician got up in front of you and said "Most Americans support Obamacare." you would immediately say, "What poll are you citing?"

So, taking your first two statements into account versus your last one...would you consider that more hypocrisy...or just plain irony... or both?

Because I'm posting with you bro. If someone else asked me (Im sure some douche will now) I would probably attempt to dig it up.

:) Fair Nuff. Did O'Reilly really talk about 1/5 of white kids being in poverty? Or are was it more of a "similar tones" kind of thing?

The reason is because its bull****. While individual discrimination exists, white people don't face racial persecution on a systemic level in the U.S. whatsoever. Overwhelming majorities that hold all the power trying to pretend they are persecuted victims is just pathetic. Try living in South Korea or Japan to get a taste of real discrimination.

But individual whites can and are victims of racism every day... I grew up in a pretty nice area, am white, and am very accepting. I have been the victim of racism many times and I would say many whites are, they just either don't recognize it (since it isn't as overt as racism against blacks, generally) or they have been made to feel as if they can't bring it up due to shame or political correctness or some, as we see here, saying that they are pathetic to even bring it up.

But when racism is done by the powerless against the powerful, it is wrong only on a personal level; a sin, if you will, whose harm to the one sinned against is minimal.

So when I had a group of really poor black thug gang members calling me racist names and threatening me, a pretty well off white guy, who was the powerless one?

So, taking your first two statements into account versus your last one...would you consider that more hypocrisy...or just plain irony... or both?
No, I consider it talking to a fellow Marine whom I've posted with numerous times and who knows me to be a trustworthy guy. I'm not debating cpwill about anything nor did he intend to debate with me.

:) Fair Nuff. Did O'Reilly really talk about 1/5 of white kids being in poverty? Or are was it more of a "similar tones" kind of thing?
Similar tones kind of thing. If I remember correctly, it was something to the effect of the white male becoming the enemy or something like that and the GOP losing the election being indicative of that. It was right around the time the census released the data about hispanics and black births being a higher percentage of births than whites.

I'll take my $100 thank you. I'm a minority in my city. My city has the 2nd highest rate of Black people in the North and nearly all of our politicians are Black. Yes, I have friends of many racial backgrounds.

My conservative friends, do you see what liberals do? They immediately start pulling out the race card, twisting around people's words, etc. They're too afraid to notice the facts right in front of them. I love how they are saying I was denying racism towards people of color. I never once said that.

I also love, if you notice my conservative mates, that liberals will immediately change the subject. Let's go back to my original statement. Why don't liberals want to bat an eye at discrimination towards Whites? Even if it were 50 people of color and just 5 White people?

How many of these liberals live in predominately non White communities? I've knew 11 White kids who went to a school where they were the only 11 White kids. These kids dealt with so much crud. Some of the kids, in fact most of the kids, were nice to them but some were downright cruel and racist to them and 1 of the White kids got jumped for being White. Now, let's see the liberals make up some more excuses about that.

You have to quote people otherwise nobody knows who you are talking too...

No, I consider it talking to a fellow Marine whom I've posted with numerous times and who knows me to be a trustworthy guy. I'm not debating cpwill about anything nor did he intend to debate with me.

Yeah. What the Gunny (I have no idea what you actually are, but I just picture you as one of my old company guns from 2/6) said.

Yeah. What the Gunny (I have no idea what you actually are, but I just picture you as one of my old company guns from 2/6) said.
I am actually a Gunny dude. That's hilarious. What did he look like (height, color, build)? If he looks like me, I'm gonna crack up. And, I'm a company gunny lol.
I picture you an NCO, probably a senior Cpl or Sgt with 1 year or less time in grade. White dude, about 68"-70" tall, about 185. Am I right?

I am actually a Gunny dude. That's hilarious. What did he look like (height, color, build)? If he looks like me, I'm gonna crack up.

Bald thick (not fat, just thick) white guy white guy, with a constant, weary, "really? really? well..., f--k". look on his face :lol:

He was the guy who taught me to call everyone brother - he would do it, but because he was respected, it was actually pretty motivational for the junior Marines. I've taken that lesson with me since.

So when I had a group of really poor black thug gang members calling me racist names and threatening me, a pretty well off white guy, who was the powerless one?

You.

But, in the general problem of racism, I am still going to focus on the problem of the generally powerful against the generally powerless, because that is where the biggest problem is. The reason this is the case is because the powerful group can establish institutional racism on top of having thugs like you describe here. Both sides can have the occasional thuggery (and do), but only one side can have significant institutional racism. I think it is ridiculous to point out petty racism on the generally powerless side when we have institutional racism to deal with on the powerful side.

Bald thick (not fat, just thick) white guy white guy, with a constant, weary, "really? really? well..., f--k". look on his face :lol:

He was the guy who taught me to call everyone brother - he would do it, but because he was respected, it was actually pretty motivational for the junior Marines. I've taken that lesson with me since.
Yep, I'm a bald white dude. I'm short but right there at my max weight (still run a 1845-1900). I was a hat so that look is permanently on my face lol. I call young guys dude and bro though, not brother.

Then help pull poor families out of poverty, instead of slashing social programs and guaranteeing that being born black means being more than three times more likely to be born into poverty than a white child. That's how you do something about racism. You decouple race and poverty. And then we'll all just be middle class Americans.

First, free stuff is not now, never was, nor will it ever be, a cure for racism.

Second, you have just displayed the short sighted, shallow thinking that separates liberals from conservatives. You see poor people and say "they need more food, a better home, a nicer place to live, nicer clothes, a pair of new shoes, etc..." and the answer to you is "The government needs to give them more food, a better home, more clothes, new shoes, etc..." You never stop and think about things like "why are they poor", you just see all poor people as helpless victims of society who are incapable of surviving without the governments help. Welfare for the truly needy people out there who are down on their luck or have been thrown into a bad situation not of their own making, is a wonderful thing and something I fully support. The problem is, that's not what welfare is anymore.

People like yourself are totally oblivious to the damage mentally, that the welfare state has had on millions and millions of people, and the negative effects it's had on our society as a whole. Do you really think that poor neighborhoods in inner cities look like war zones because the government hasn't done enough? The reason they are so run down, crime is so ramped, and drug use is so prevalent, is due in large part to the welfare state. When a person buys a home or rents an expensive apartment with their hard earned money, they protect their investment, take good care of their home and take pride in the community they live in. In other words, they care. When the government gives a person a place to live there's no investment involved and no sense of accomplishment. They won't take care that home and they certainly won't give a damn about their community. They didn't pay for it, so it's not their problem... They simply don't care.

What you totally fail to see, is that welfare robs people of their pride, their dignity, their sense of self worth, their ambition, or put another way, it robs them of their soal. Welfare trains people to become dependent on the government to the point where they view hard work as the choice of chumps. Why start at the bottom for low wages when they can sit home and watch soaps all day and let the government foot the bill... So instead of going out and getting a job, starting at the bottom, working their way up the ladder so they can eventually earn all the things in life want and need, they either continue on with their miserable existence because they haven't the will to do anything else, or they look for the easy buck. That's where drug dealing, scamming the government, burglary, theft, etc... come into play, and why they are such a big part of poor neighborhoods in the inner cities.

Welfare destroys people from the inside, and in effect makes them slaves to the government... Why do you think that all the years of welfare, and the billions and billions of dollars that have been poured into it, hasn't put a dent in inner city poverty, hasn't transformed the run down neighborhoods or made them safer, hasn't effected high school graduation rates, hasn't effected the amount of drug usage and hasn't had a major effect on the number of crimes that take place?

The history of government welfare on our society is clear and undeniable... The only way things will get better for the poor families in America, is if the government stops using tax payer money to create more dependents, and instead uses that money to create more paths to independence. Unlike 50+ years ago, the opportunity for success exists for everyone, whether they're black, white, yellow, or brown... All they need is a little incentive and clear path, which is something that I believe our government should be able help provide.

In short, more welfare doesn't pull families out of poverty, it assures that they will always be there.

Last edited:

Yep, I'm a bald white dude. I'm short but right there at my max weight (still run a 1845-1900). I was a hat so that look is permanently on my face lol. I call young guys dude and bro though, not brother.

:D Perfect match except instead of a hat he was an MCT instructor.

Where are you from? For me, that was a suburb that was majority white. But I used to think the same way as you until I moved to Chicago. Only then did it come as a surprise to me that being white is a huge advantage in the way you're treated by other people.

Or less ancedotally, psychologists have proven that even blacks have an unconscious negative reaction to black people. What they use is a Implicit-association test under the understanding that humans are able to better associate like things than they are able to associate unlike things. EG: Apples to apples, oranges to oranges; or good to beautiful, bad to ugly.

Almost all people at their most basic subconsciousness are better able to associate racial minorities with negative and prejudicial connotations than they are able to do with racial majorities (whites). When it comes to white subjects, we have an implicit negative reactions to just about every minority race. It's rather surprising.

They've also been able to establish implicit negative reactions when humans are confronted with obese people and people with disabilities, which is no surprise. As well as LGBTs, minority religions, age, etc.

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/education.html

Strange. I'm from a suburb that was mostly (but not totally) white. But I still had black, native, Hispanic, Jewish, etc. neighbors and school mates and I never noticed anyone who treated them differently based on their race. Many of them ended up being extremely successful, going to places like Duke, Yale, Cornell, etc. Heck, (this is extremely anecdotal) but my next door neighbor who is African American, was the youngest of 7 children being raised by a single mother, and yet he and all 6 of his siblings still went to college.

Also that doesn't explain, why are Jews and Asian Americans able to succeed? Strong negative connotations about Jews are as old as history itself, yet they still managed to find a way to be the most financially successful demographic in this country. Do you think perhaps that such studies don't take into consideration that fact that people can (and often do) rise above whatever negative connotations people may prematurely place on them?

I completely agree that racism is wrong and should not be done at all period, but in all reallity it is going to happen. prime example, scholarships. as a kid n collage, i can personally attest tothe fact that people can get much better scholarships for being black or Mexican or just having heritage of either. but i can come in and say im white and they'll just look at you and blink like "yes... and".I wouldent say that whites are being the victims of racism, but there is no such thing in the real world as equality

Yawn, try being Asian.
Now that doesn't justify what happens to you...but just realize being white is a net gain. The slight disadvantage that occurs because of AA in college is nothing compared to the advantages of White Privilege.

LOL are you kidding me honey? I am living off of a 17 hr a week job being paid min. wage. I'm on 4 different sub teacher lists but that's only luck if they call you no matter how many times you call or show up at the school. Most Blacks in America live better than I do.

Yes, they do water down the curriculum at state colleges. I live a few miles down the road from one and was told, to my face, by Black students from our local ghetto that they had very low GPAs but got in due to other things like a lot of volunteer work. There are intelligent Black people for sure. I've worked with some very brilliant Black students, and have a Black friend who was a child prodigy but the fact remains many schools do indeed water down to make a status quo and this has been ongoing since the 1970s.

Yes, how people look plays a role but remember in that scenario it's not always race, often not. It's more so if you are pretty or not.

Back
Top Bottom