• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Racism Towards Whites [W:427, 577]

Re: Racism Towards Whites

And this is exactly what I was talking about: racism is wrong, regardless. It's not "wronger" depending on power dynamics. It's wrong either way. If you want to insert power dynamics in there after the fact, do so, but don't be surprised when people just so "No, racism is wrong and I'm not going to listen to any justifications about how it's less wrong in certain instances".

Those who try to claim that racism by blacks is every bit as bad as racism by whites is like those who say that a kid who only bullies the other kids a little bit is every bit as bad as the worst, biggest, strongest bully in the school. Yes, bullying is always bad...but it's wrong to think that the two bullies are equivalent to each other.

Those who try to claim that racism by blacks is every bit as bad as racism by whites is like those who say that a kid who only bullies the other kids a little bit is every bit as bad as the worst, biggest, strongest bully in the school. Yes, bullying is always bad...but it's wrong to think that the two bullies are equivalent to each other.

I'm not interested in equality- for anyone.

I am, however, interested in racism. Don't sit there and justify how racism isn't so bad. I was raised to see racism as a horrible thing and that's how I see it. If you're gonna say "Racism isn't that bad when [whatever]" be prepared for people who are against racism don't like it. When you see racism, you should respond to it the same, no matter the parties involved.

Racial conflict is a two way street. The only way to stop it is to create harmony and actually get it so race doesn't matter.

I couldn't agree more.

As the group in power, I would say that this falls more on whites to solve. So let's not complain so much and solve the problems.

It's not up to "whites" to solve the problem and it's no longer something that can be solved legislatively, or through political means either. Civil rights legislation was passed into law giving minorities the same rights and protection as white people, and then some, so from a legislative stand point, there is nothing more that can be done.

The responsibility for eliminating racism from our society (at least to the extent it can be eliminated) doesn't fall to any certain race, religion or ethnicity, it's now EVERYONES responsibility to solve. We all have to stand against it no matter what form it takes. It's up to individual neighborhoods, communities, the media, employers, schools and most importantly parents, to squash out racism in our society. That means it can't be tolerated, ignored, or accepted no matter who or where it comes from.

name one point in time in our nations history where whites were a minority and persecuted for the color of their skin.

Look, the past is the past and there is nothing anyone can do to change it. Nothing can be done to make up for the discrimination that took place in the past. All we can do is move forward. Keep in mind that 2 wrongs don't make a right, and civil rights for all is the law of the land... It's up to everyone now to do what they can to eliminate racism from our society.

there are more whites on food stamps then blacks but if you say anything negative about food stamps you are a racist

False accusations of racism are just as damaging to our society as racism itself... It's just too bad that the so called "champions of equality" can't see the damage their doing to the country in the name of their partisan political agenda.

First, my bona fides. I'm white, retired Navy, and was raised in the MS Delta. I was strongly conservative for many years - frankly, I've yet to see any whites from where I grew up who weren't strongly conservative. I was certainly one of them. I also remember one time I almost lost my career in the Navy thanks to a black racist. But my time in the Navy forced me to unlearn so much I'd been taught in my strongly-conservative youth - including my own racism.

That said, the reason why whites don't get why it seems that there's so much more attention to racism against blacks (and other minorities) than to the racism against whites...is because the racism against minorities in America IS WORSE than the racism against whites.

Read that again, guy - the racism against whites in America is not nearly so bad as it is against minorities and especially blacks.

You asked, "Why?" And I'll tell you why - it's because we whites are (currently) on top, socially and economically...and because we have the power, the racism we commit is more effective (has a greater effect) than the racism committed by the minorities. And this is NOT - repeat, NOT - only a 'white' people thing, nor is it a matter of race at all. ANY group - whether racial, religious, political, ethnic, social, economic - that is on top will do what it can (if in different ways, whether good or bad) to stay on top, and will look down on those who are not a part of the group on top.

In other words, in the global game of "King of the Hill", the group on top looks down on those who aren't a part of that group.

But I digress - let's get back to races. The racism by the race on top has a greater effect than the racism by the other races...and those who belong to the race on top tend to react with anger or even violence at any threat to their status...whereas the race(s) who are not on top bear the brunt of the more effective racism by the race on top - and they can't help but see how wrong it is, just as a victim of a bully sees how wrong the bullying is...and as a result they tend to be less racist. I saw this firsthand when I went to an all-white school in a 71%-black county (Indianola Academy in Sunflower County, MS), and then the very next year went to a public school in the same county where only 20 of us were white out of a student body of 480. I saw (and participated in) a LOT of racism in the all-white school...but saw very little racism in the 95% black school.

BUT THIS ISN'T A WHITE OR A BLACK THING. I put that in caps to get your attention. My point is proven not just by our experience here in America, but in nearly every nation in the world, by the experiences of the Ainu in Japan, the Tibetans in China, the Roma (derisively called 'gypsies') in Europe, the Hakka and Uighurs in China, the Jews in much of the Middle East, the Palestinians in Israel...and the Hutus in Rwanda.

In almost all of the above cases, the less-powerful races and ethnicities face strong discrimination even when their rights are protected by the government and given what we Americans would call Affirmative Action - heck, in China, the Tibetans are the only ones who are allowed to have more than one child! But in every case, the dominant race or ethnicity as a whole still does what it can to stay on top.

I emphasized the Hutus in Rwanda - they may be of the same race, but they're a fairly distinct ethnicity. The more powerful Tutsis had been the moneyed and powerful (by local standards) for generations...until one day the powderkeg's fuse got lit and there was that genocide in Rwanda in the early 1990's. But this is the EXCEPTION to the rule - in almost all cases, it's the more powerful race/ethnicity/religion/political group that does what it can to keep under its boot those that it sees as a threat to its supremacy.

Whatever racism against you or your fellow whites you may have heard about or even experienced, it does not come close to what blacks experience - what we do to them IS worse than what they do to us, because we are socially and economically more powerful. But if history teaches anything, it's that the great wheel turns, and those who are on top today will someday not be on top. Just something to remember....

I think you need to take a look at this poll it will surprise you

"Among black Americans, 31% think most blacks are racist, while 24% consider most whites racist and 15% view most Hispanics that way"
More Americans View Blacks As Racist Than Whites, Hispanics - Rasmussen Reports™

over the many generation Blacks have been convinced by white guilt liberals that anything negative that they experience in life is caused by racism

I have first hand experience of black being just as bad or worse racist then whites for about 6 years during my younger days to make ends meet I worked part time at an old country store located in the black part of town there was a few pool tables, juke box in the back and they had a beer licenses. If I had to ask one of them to leave the store for fighting being rowdy or belligerent drunk I was called every white racist name in the book I was a KKK hood wearing redneck cracker honkey racist.

One time I had a local come in picked up a 12 pack and walked out and on the way out he dared me to try to stop him. I picked up the phone and called 911 because that 12 pack word have come out of my pay unless I reported it. I knew his name and they quickly went to his house and took him back to the store to have me identify him. he said he paid for the beer and I was just a racist cracker trying to pin something on the black man. the cops advised me not to press charges because the local NAACP chapter would have the local paper write up an article about a racist casher trying to pin theft charges on a church going black male, and it wouldn't be worth the cost of the stolen beer. their was at least 5 others in the store at the time and all of them claimed they seen nothing, and two of those five I had made friends with over the years and they still said they didn't see anything. I asked them after the cops left why didn't they speak up why didn't they have my back. they said you are my friend and all but you are white and if I would have spoke up I would have been labeled an uncle tom

Last edited:

Sorry, but you are wrong. Racism is no longer a white or black problem, it's a people problem.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/gener...8-racism-towards-whites-2.html#post1062514001

They don't? Are males of "white" races covered by Affirmative action? There are United Negro College Fund schools, are there any United Caucasian College Fund schools? Can a crime against a heterosexual Caucasian be classified as a "hate crime" under hate crime statutes? Are there grants and scholarship programs that are available only to people of "white" races?

No. Yes. yes. Yes. Yes.

I think you need to take a look at this poll it will surprise you

"Among black Americans, 31% think most blacks are racist, while 24% consider most whites racist and 15% view most Hispanics that way"
More Americans View Blacks As Racist Than Whites, Hispanics - Rasmussen Reports™

over the many generation Blacks have been convinced by white gult liberal that anything negative that they experience in life is caused by racism

I have first hand experience of black being just as bad or worse racist then whites for about 6 years during my younger years to make ends meet I worked part time at an old country store located in the black part of town there was a few pool tables, juke box in the back and they had a beer licenses

If I had to ask one of them to leave the store for fighting being rowdy or belligerent drunk I was called every white racist name in the book I was a KKK hood wearing redneck cracker honkey racist. One time I had a local come in picked up a 12 pack and walked out and on the way out he dared me to try to stop him. I picked up the phone and called 911 because that 12 pack word have come out of my pay unless I reported it. I knew his name and they quickly went to his house and took him back to the store to have me identify him. he said he paid for the beer and I was just a racist cracker trying to pin something on the black man. the cops advised me not to press charges because the local NAACP chapter would have the local paper write up an article about a racist casher trying to pin theft charges on a church going black male and it wouldn't be worth the cost of the stolen beer their was at least 5 others in the store at the time and all of them claimed the seen nothing

I don't believe that black people are more racist than white people, or vice versa... I think the perception that blacks are more racist is based on how our society and the media have given their silent permission for black people to lash out against white people with no repercussions. That emboldens more black people to express racist views, giving people the false impression that racist blacks are more predominant than whites.

I don't believe that black people are more racist than white people, or vice versa... I think the perception that blacks are more racist is based on how our society and the media have given their silent permission for black people to lash out against white people with no repercussions. That emboldens more black people to express racist views, giving people the false impression that racist blacks are more predominant than whites.

permission to be racist? doesn't make you a racist because you have permission to do so?

No. Yes. yes. Yes. Yes.

Ok, you got me there. Until I looked it up, I didn't know there really was a United Caucasian College Fund, I thought I made it up. However, they appear to be some sort of scholarship fund and don't actually have any schools like the UNCF does.

permission to be racist? doesn't make you a racist because you have permission to do so?

You have misunderstood my post.

That "permission" doesn't create racism, it just allows those who are racist and black, the ability to express it with less repercussions for doing so, than those who are racist and white.

For example, if you were late for work and reached a 4 way stop sign and there were no other cars stopped at the intersection, and that intersection was monitored by a camera, wouldn't you be more likely to run that stop sign if you knew the fine was only $10.00 and no points off your license, than you would if the fine was $500.00 and 2 points off your license?

Whether, or how often, a person does the wrong thing (expresses racial hatred) is directly proportional to the price they know they will pay for doing so.

Ok, you got me there. Until I looked it up, I didn't know there really was a United Caucasian College Fund, I thought I made it up. However, they appear to be some sort of scholarship fund and don't actually have any schools like the UNCF does.

it's not black people's fault that white people do not value education as much as they do

It's not up to "whites" to solve the problem and it's no longer something that can be solved legislatively, or through political means either. Civil rights legislation was passed into law giving minorities the same rights and protection as white people, and then some, so from a legislative stand point, there is nothing more that can be done.

The responsibility for eliminating racism from our society (at least to the extent it can be eliminated) doesn't fall to any certain race, religion or ethnicity, it's now EVERYONES responsibility to solve. We all have to stand against it no matter what form it takes. It's up to individual neighborhoods, communities, the media, employers, schools and most importantly parents, to squash out racism in our society. That means it can't be tolerated, ignored, or accepted no matter who or where it comes from.

Then help pull poor families out of poverty, instead of slashing social programs and guaranteeing that being born black means being more than three times more likely to be born into poverty than a white child. That's how you do something about racism. You decouple race and poverty. And then we'll all just be middle class Americans.

Then help pull poor families out of poverty, instead of slashing social programs and guaranteeing that being born black means being more than three times more likely to be born into poverty than a white child. That's how you do something about racism. You decouple race and poverty. And then we'll all just be middle class Americans.

There can be no "middle class" without an upper and lower class.

Being White is not a huge advantage. I've lived near Toronto and now I live in a metropolis in NY that has 1 of the biggest US Black populations. Nearly every official is Black, and the top official is Black, the head superintendent of the schools is Black, 99% of the people working for the city are Black. Nepotism runs deep. 1/3 White kids in my city is poor and we have a problem of homeless White teenagers. I'm sorry but saying us Whites are naturally racist is totally bunk.

Ha! There you have it a typical White liberal response of someone jumping to conclusions, assuming that I am saying most non White people are not intelligent. I never said that, and I never believed that. What I said was that colleges fill a status quo of minority students and so they will allow in minority students who don't have quite as high GPA as a White student who could've went to the school. Georgetown is well known for this as are state schools. Please, do not twist my words around.

No, you dodged the truth again there buddy. White conservatives like myself do not negate the fact there is racism towards people of color. We dislike the fact that you White liberals close your eyes when even the most violent crimes occur to White people. You see the problem with people like you is this. If I said "a group of White teens purposely knocked down an old Black man" you'd say "oh that's horrible". If I said, "a group of Black teens purposely knocked down an old White man" you'd say "why does their race matter?"

Fyi, at the end of the day the White kid still isn't eating. If you think White people are so extremely privileged tell that to the homeless White youths I help at a shelter. Tell that to the White rescued child prostitutes I've mentored. In other words, step a few days into reality.

So a White conservative is automatically a racist? Your argument is childish.

The funniest part is I have more arguments about this from White liberals than I do with Black people. In fact, I get along with most Black people.

I'll take my $100 thank you. I'm a minority in my city. My city has the 2nd highest rate of Black people in the North and nearly all of our politicians are Black. Yes, I have friends of many racial backgrounds.

My conservative friends, do you see what liberals do? They immediately start pulling out the race card, twisting around people's words, etc. They're too afraid to notice the facts right in front of them. I love how they are saying I was denying racism towards people of color. I never once said that.

I also love, if you notice my conservative mates, that liberals will immediately change the subject. Let's go back to my original statement. Why don't liberals want to bat an eye at discrimination towards Whites? Even if it were 50 people of color and just 5 White people?

How many of these liberals live in predominately non White communities? I've knew 11 White kids who went to a school where they were the only 11 White kids. These kids dealt with so much crud. Some of the kids, in fact most of the kids, were nice to them but some were downright cruel and racist to them and 1 of the White kids got jumped for being White. Now, let's see the liberals make up some more excuses about that.

Being White is not a huge advantage. I've lived near Toronto and now I live in a metropolis in NY that has 1 of the biggest US Black populations. Nearly every official is Black, and the top official is Black, the head superintendent of the schools is Black, 99% of the people working for the city are Black. Nepotism runs deep. 1/3 White kids in my city is poor and we have a problem of homeless White teenagers. I'm sorry but saying us Whites are naturally racist is totally bunk.

When you say "NY" do you mean the city in New York State that hasn't had a black mayor in decades and the majority of the City Council is white?

Ha! There you have it a typical White liberal response of someone jumping to conclusions, assuming that I am saying most non White people are not intelligent. I never said that, and I never believed that. What I said was that colleges fill a status quo of minority students and so they will allow in minority students who don't have quite as high GPA as a White student who could've went to the school. Georgetown is well known for this as are state schools. Please, do not twist my words around.

No, you dodged the truth again there buddy.

Racial quotas are illegal here, buddy

I'll take my $100 thank you. I'm a minority in my city. My city has the 2nd highest rate of Black people in the North and nearly all of our politicians are Black. Yes, I have friends of many racial backgrounds.

No ethnic or racial group has a majority in NYC, so everyone is a minority but whites are the largest racial group in NYC.

Also, the mayor and most of the city council is white, so please stop posting lies about how nearly all of the politicians in NYC are black.

Last edited:

Can you give more detail on Japan?

Hey btw sorry my answers weren't concise. I like people to know I am responding back to them.

I'm sorry I have to politely disagree here. I think a lot of White liberals are too afraid to say anything because they don't want to lose their friends or they don't live around diverse populations. White people do face racial persecution when it comes to taxes. Black people face discrimination when it comes to imprisonment, but then again so do poor Whites.

No, I do not. Bottom line, racism can happen towards Whites and liberals don't want to respond to it.

A black mob in New York beat a young white couple earlier this month. The event was horrific, but not unusual.

Black mob violence is an increasingly common occurrence in many American cities, though you would never know of this trend from mass media. When confronted with astounding levels of such violence, the same reporters who dutifully produce stories about black caucuses, black churches, black colleges, and other race-based institutions suddenly become color-blind.

The following incidents all occurred during the last several days — did you read about any of them?

– In New Haven, Connecticut, 500 blacks attending a party billed as “An All Black Affair” fought and destroyed property in and around a downtown restaurant. The chaos then spread to two other nearby venues. Shockingly, no one was arrested – New Haven police claimed their resources were tied up with crowd control.

– At Virginia State University, 200 black students rampaged through the campus, assaulting people and destroying property. One person was stabbed. Only one was arrested.

– A small group of blacks beat and robbed riders on a New Jersey commuter train, sending four people to the hospital.

– In racially fueled violence, blacks at the University of Minnesota robbed and assaulted four separate groups of white students over a weekend.

PJ Media » White Girl Bleed a Lot: A Year Later, Is Racial Violence Worse?

it has become an epidemic and it is fully ignored by the lame stream media right here is proof of racism against whites if this was white groups attacking blacks it would be head lines across the nation the NAACP would have national marches Al and Jessie would both be foaming at the mouth Obama would be calling out the national guard
but sense this is white blood being spilt it is accepted and ignored like we are expendable and doesn't deserve the outrage

So let me ask how much white blood needs to be spilled to relieve you liberals of your white guilt?

So now a person can't ask a question without having some sort of link to back up their contention?

Where did you get the idea that every statement or question needs to be backed up by somebody elses opinión?
You need stats bro. That's what I'm talking about. At this point it just sounds like some dude making assumptions...which is what I suspect this is. What if a politician got up in front of you and said "Most Americans support Obamacare." you would immediately say, "What poll are you citing?"

Why are liberals so much against bringing up the racism and hate crimes that White people endure? Why are liberals so quick to say that White people are privileged when 1/5 White kids in America goes to bed hungry? When White males are overlooked for a job? When colleges take in non Whites, water down the curriculum, to make a status quo? (not to say there aren't intelligent non Whites, there certainly are).

I think that SOME liberals do insist that there is no racism against white. But I take issue with you that colleges water down the curriculum to make a status quo. There are no quotas in colleges, altho there is affirmative action, I think, still. Colleges themselves seem to want a diversity of students. That is a valid thing to want. It does matter when, during a history discussion of slavery, there is no black in the class. Or during a discussion of feminism, that there is no woman in the class. Different perspectives are very important in education and are valid concerns, IN ADDITION to being able to get the grades.

When you say that 1/5 white kids goes to bed hungry....were you against the cuts in food stamps that just occurred? Just curious. NO children should go to bed hungry. We have a food stamp program for that very purpose.

But I would add that if you are white, you may be seeing things through your prism of your race. As discriminated against as you may feel sometimes, you do know that it is much worse for minorities, don't you? There's a boatload of negative stereotypes that an interviewer sees when he sees a black person on the applicant side of the desk as opposed to a white person. It is a negative thing to overcome. Sometimes it can't be overcome.

I am a woman. There are a lot of discriminatory things I've faced in my life that a male will never have to face in his lifetime. He cannot know these things, unless he were female. The same is true for black males.

White males are privileged in that they have to DO something to cause prejudice against them. They don't face it in their everyday lives just because of who they are. There are studies that show that papers written by males get higher grades than females, even though the papers were identical but one had a male name while the other had a female name. There are studies that show that males get interrupted less frequently when they speak than females are. Then of course there's the wage disparity. Female engineers used to have a heck of a time getting hired. It seems the public believed that women simply shouldn't, or couldn't, be engineers. It was also a good ol' boy environment.

White males are oblivious to these things, since they are not experiences in their lives. So the fact that SOME white males lose out on jobs to minorities catches their attention stands out to them, since they haven't had to deal with injustices normally. It has happened, and continues to happen, to minorities on a daily basis. Also to older people.

Go forth and be pleased you born with a certain status in our society, because you were. You weren't born privileged, maybe, in one sense of the word. But you were born without negative stereotypes and a mark against you. The world is your oyster. You will not be denied admission anywhere (unless you're Jewish or Muslim). You will be listened to and promoted. You alone are responsible for your fate, rather than others' stereotypes of you.

(Disclaimer: I am against discrimination of any sort, even against white people, of which I am one. I think the person most qualified should be hired or given admission to a college, IF that's what the college wants. There is a validity, however, to the college WANTING diversity, IF the student has the grades to otherwise get in.)

Ask yourself this: If you had been born black and poor, would you have your current job and live where you live? I know I wouldn't. I am well aware that I got some of the jobs I got because I was white and attractive. I looked the part of the job. I "fit in," as I was told once.

Back
Top Bottom