• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Putin Deploys Belgorod Nuclear Submarine

Saddam didn't have a hundredth of the advanced weaponry and support Ukraine has been flooded with.

Wrong. As usual.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Iraq had the world's fourth-largest standing army until the United States brought the country to its knees in the Gulf War.

But Iraq has been slowly rebuilding its military forces since 1991. And while it is nowhere near as powerful as it was, Iraq's armed forces still represent a threat to other countries and U.S. interests in the Persian Gulf region, military analysts say.

In a very dangerous sign, Russia has deployed its huge Belgorod nuclear submarine, which has now left its base in the arctic:

Yeah, **** Ukraine -- the entire planet shouldn't have to die for this corrupt backwater that doesn't even care to respect human rights or decency from its own side.
I guarantee you we have subs tracking that sucker if it indeed deploys.

Ukrainian fanatic ethno-fascist militias were brutally persecuting and murdering Russians with impunity, while Ukraine's military turned a blind eye. They are guilty of war crimes.
Evidence please.

In a very dangerous sign, Russia has deployed its huge Belgorod nuclear submarine, which has now left its base in the arctic:

Yeah, **** Ukraine -- the entire planet shouldn't have to die for this corrupt backwater that doesn't even care to respect human rights or decency from its own side.
Another Russian shitty built death trap sub.

Nothing built by Russia is worth warm spit.

Say what?
Cowardly people like you and sanman tell us we should give Russia everything they want without question, what if Putin wants you, Antiwar, to suck his dick? Would you do it? You're not a war monger driving us to WW3 with your pride are you?

Cowardly people like you and sanman tell us we should give Russia everything they want without question, what if Putin wants you, Antiwar, to suck his dick? Would you do it? You're not a war monger driving us to WW3 with your pride are you?
Russia is a shabby little shithole of a nation that is full of drunks, wife beaters and homophobes.

When Russia wants to join this century, the world will listen, till then, screw em.

Excuse me, brave internet warrior?
Absurd strawman argument.
You've said over and over again we should give Russia anything they want because you're so afraid of war, yet when I ask what you're willing to give them of your own, and you have nothing.

What if they said they'll end the war if the US suspends its democracy and elects Putin president of the US. You'd want us to do that right? According to you we should never go against Putin's will.

Your refusal to suck Putin's dick is driving us to WW3, war monger.

You've said over and over again we should give Russia anything they want because you're so afraid of war ...

Directly quote me saying anything close to that.

Directly quote me saying anything close to that.
You've said literally everything the US does is driving Russia to nuclear war and we should just let them have Ukraine so you can avoid conflict. You're really going to claim you never said that? You have no criticism for Russia. Only us for not giving them what they want.

Posts like yours and @sanman show us new depths of cowardice everyday this conflict continues.

You're using a strongman argument, much like T****, P****, and other right-wing authoritarians do.

Asking Ukraine to capitulate to Putin's threats is pure cowardice. Easy to do from a computer screen in the West.

That's an absurd argument and a strawman argument.

So, what do you want then?

A habitable Earth, no nuclear war, and for the US to stop being the global military power and war weapons dealer.

The world should've had an effective international justice system decades ago.

A habitable Earth, no nuclear war, and for the US to stop being the global military power and war weapons dealer.

I presume you would not be okay with Russia or China filling the United States' role as global military hegemons or arms dealers?

An international justice system would require a military powerful enough to interdict and intervene in any nation whose government violated international law.

1. Your quarrel is with the oil and gas industry.

2. Putin is the one threatening nukes.

3. Won’t happen unless the dollar loses its status as the world reserve currency and we are forced to cut defense

So you have no solution. You claim you don't want Ukraine to be owned by Russia, but you attack and smear the people training and equipping Ukraine to defend itself. You REFUSE to criticize Russia because you sympathize with them and their regime.

This is what I find so incredibly detestable about you, you wouldn't even commit violence to save your own life, much less to defend the people around you. Putin doesnt give a **** about your anti-war stance and your letter writing campaign or whatever passive bullshit you want done won't stop him.

Both the sub and crew are likely as "prepared" as the rest of Russia's military. Give it a week and something will break and they'll turn it around and sit in the dock waiting for spare and repairs till next summer.

1. Your quarrel is with the oil and gas industry.

2. Putin is the one threatening nukes.

3. Won’t happen unless the dollar loses its status as the world reserve currency and we are forced to cut defense

The oil and gas industry are forcing the Pentagon to burn boatloads of fossil fuels? That's a bit of a conspiracy theory.

The US has been implicitly threatening nuclear war since at least the Cold War.

I don't know what #3 is addressing.

So you have no solution.

Why am I supposedly responsible for having a specific solution?

Am I also responsible for having a specific solution to environmental destruction because I'm an environmentalist?

Do you have a solution to the Russo-Ukrainian war? Does the Pentagon? No, because the US put itself in a nuclear pickle.

Do you have a solution to escalating tensions with Russia and China and not destroying what's left of Earth's ecosystems nor fomenting nuclear war?

Back
Top Bottom