• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Putin Deploys Belgorod Nuclear Submarine

Why am I supposedly responsible for having a specific solution?

Am I also responsible for having a specific solution to environmental destruction because I'm an environmentalist?

Do you have a solution to the Russo-Ukrainian war? Does the Pentagon? No, because the US put itself in a nuclear pickle.

Do you have a solution to escalating tensions with Russia and China and not destroying what's left of Earth's ecosystems nor fomenting nuclear war?
The only solution is helping Ukraine to defend itself. You call us all war mongers who want WW3 because we support training them. You have no solutions of any kind, so your opinion is meaningless.

Look at this thread, it's about PUTIN THREATENING A NUCLEAR ATTACK, yet instead of criticizing Putin, you criticize the US, who DIDN'T THREATEN A NUCLEAR ATTACK. As long as you defend and praise Putin and Russia, you're not anti-war and we're going to continue to call you out as the pro-Russia fascist you are.

I presume you would not be okay with Russia or China filling the United States' role as global military hegemons or arms dealers?

Correct.

An international justice system would require a military powerful enough to interdict and intervene in any nation whose government violated international law.

That's your assumption. There are several ways to counter your statement, but it'll have to wait till tomorrow.

The only solution is helping Ukraine to defend itself.

When is your generalized solution going to work? What specifics can you give for how this will be done; by who; etc?

Your solution is one step backward, and two giant steps towards human extinction. Your cure is worse than the disease. And a lot of opportunities to prevent this current disease were squandered, to put it mildly.

Correct.

That's your assumption. There are several ways to counter your statement, but it'll have to wait till tomorrow.

Very well. When you offer your rejoinder, would you please tell me how (in your ideal state of affairs) an international justice system could or would intervene to stop something akin to a Rwandan-style genocide, or a Yugoslavian-style internecine conflict, or an act of nakedly aggressive revanchist expansionism like what we are seeing with Russia in Ukraine in which no foreign self-interested militarism, interventionism or military aid beyond this hypothetical justice system and its enforcement mechanisms/officers are required?

Last edited:
In a very dangerous sign, Russia has deployed its huge Belgorod nuclear submarine, which has now left its base in the arctic:

Yeah, **** Ukraine -- the entire planet shouldn't have to die for this corrupt backwater that doesn't even care to respect human rights or decency from its own side.

Putin can deploy Capt Nemos sub..... it won't stop the arms arriving in the Ukraine from the US and the UK.

And there is not a damn thing both you and I know that Putin can do about it👍

Congrats to NATO'S soon to be new member, the sovereign state of Ukraine.

Putin's wants to end this it's easy, pull back to the Russian border, Ukraine will not waiver on that demand.

Face it, Putin is now fighting the US military industrial complex, with the backing of Republicans and Democrats.

Its best he pull back his sorry arse military, it will save lives.

They did not kill tens of thousands and decimate Ukraine when Trump was there and wouldn't have dared to. you know this. Stop the lies and propaganda.
You can't have any clue what Putin would have done, nor what Trump would have done in return - if anything. Can you imagine a united Europe behind Trump should he have shown some balls against Putin. I have a hard time with that one. He can't even stand for a photo op without trying to butt people out of the way. What a buffoon.

Look, Trump is 100% irrelevant to geopolitical conflict in 2022. He's got a hard enough time dealing with his idiocy - taking classified documents, manipulating his property valuations, Jan 6. Give that windbag a rest already - he's busy.

When is your generalized solution going to work? What specifics can you give for how this will be done; by who; etc?

Your solution is one step backward, and two giant steps towards human extinction. Your cure is worse than the disease. And a lot of opportunities to prevent this current disease were squandered, to put it mildly.
This thread is about PUTIN threatening nuclear war, yet instead of blaming Putin you blamed the US. When you can criticize Putin for Putin's actions, we can talk, until then your dishonesty knows no bounds.

Sorry, we're not just going to let Ukraine be a Russian vassal just because you support Russia. Hard pass. The Ukrainian people will continue to defend themselves, so let your blood boil.

Most of the world sees it this way, and views it seriously. Most of the world is obviously smarter than you.

Jeffrey Sachs isn't most of the world. He's got a particularly pro-Putin take on the Ukrainian conflict and, from what I've read, his general pre-disposition is anti-US interests. Which is fine, whatever, just keep biases in mind when listening to one man's opinion on TV.

Belgorod is not meant to hit lousy puny puppet Ukraine -- it's meant to hit those who pull Ukraine's strings from afar -- the real enemy.
Republicans - Conservatives have become what we fought against to defeat throughout the 20th century.

Both the right and the left.

Now come the descendants of the one party state the Confederacy and its white racist devout fascists from before there was fascism.

I wouldn't say "**** ukraine," but for god's sake, peace was possible before this war even started. If they had just agreed that Ukraine would not join NATO, and afforded Russia respect for its security concern, this wouldn't be happening now. Now we're going to have to hand them the Donbas, which is what the people who live there want anyway. This is a pointless exercise.
Putin said.

You are poking the Bear, and triggering its basic survival instincts, to make it go savage. This is a bad idea, which will only lead to a bad outcome. Biden whitehouse are idiots. They want for things to go from bad to worse, because the worse things get, the more they can gleefully call for more war with Russia.
The Kremlin Menagerie, yes.

It's not America's doing that the Russians are bears still shitting in the woods.

Putin's Russia is self condemned for the rest of the century, long after Putin. Because Russians don't change. Their war against Ukraine will become something like The Great Patriotic Sacrifice. Russians eat that loser shit right up. This is because Russians are tough. They can take it. And they sure do get it.

You are poking the Bear, and triggering its basic survival instincts, to make it go savage. This is a bad idea, which will only lead to a bad outcome. Biden whitehouse are idiots. They want for things to go from bad to worse, because the worse things get, the more they can gleefully call for more war with Russia.
Nobody in the west forced Russia to invade Ukraine and your baseless assertion that we did is ridiculous. We also can't have "more war" with Russia when we're not in a war with them in the first place. I know you're barely literate, but it's the Russians vs. Ukrainians. The American military has not participated.

I wouldn't say "**** ukraine," but for god's sake, peace was possible before this war even started. If they had just agreed that Ukraine would not join NATO, and afforded Russia respect for its security concern, this wouldn't be happening now. Now we're going to have to hand them the Donbas, which is what the people who live there want anyway. This is a pointless exercise.
So yet another person blaming the US for Russia's war of aggression instead of Russia. NATO has had an open door policy since its inception, this is nothing new, and Ukraine being in NATO, a DEFENSIVE PACT, has no effect on Russian security unless Russia plans on invading a NATO country. Ukraine also wasn't anywhere close to joining NATO so your excuse here is double stupid.

Please do consider blaming RUSSIA for RUSSIA'S invasion of Ukraine. Nobody forced them to do that.

Nobody in the west forced Russia to invade Ukraine and your baseless assertion that we did is ridiculous. We also can't have "more war" with Russia when we're not in a war with them in the first place. I know you're barely literate, but it's the Russians vs. Ukrainians. The American military has not participated.
The United States clearly interfered in the domestic politics of Ukraine, a country on other side of the ocean. It specifically did this because Ukraine is located right next to Russia, which was the real ultimate target of the US intervention in Ukraine. Had Ukraine been located next to somebody else, the US wouldn't have given a damn about the place. Ukraine sits on an historical invasion route into Russia, and the US sees it as useful for that purpose. Nobody forced the US to intervene in Ukraine -- that was done entirely on the whim of predatory forces who have taken roost in Washington.

So yet another person blaming the US for Russia's war of aggression instead of Russia. NATO has had an open door policy since its inception, this is nothing new, and Ukraine being in NATO, a DEFENSIVE PACT, has no effect on Russian security unless Russia plans on invading a NATO country. Ukraine also wasn't anywhere close to joining NATO so your excuse here is double stupid.

Please do consider blaming RUSSIA for RUSSIA'S invasion of Ukraine. Nobody forced them to do that.

NATO has no reason to exist, other than to fight war with Russia. When the Soviet Union and Warsaw Pact dissolved, NATO should have been dissolved as well. Keeping it alive only guaranteed a revival of the Cold War. And that's why it was kept around. "Hi, I'm boarding this plane with a stick of dynamite! Don't mind me, I have no bad intentions with it. I'm just keeping it with me to be safe! What could go wrong?"

Predatory Cold Warriors are in power in Washington, and they are hell bent on playing games of empire against the rest of the world. And if anybody at home interferes with them or challenges them, there'll be instant accusations of "How dare you oppose me! You must be working for Russia!"

McCarthyist garbage -- old wine in a new Democratic Party bottle.

The United States clearly interfered in the domestic politics of Ukraine, a country on other side of the ocean. It specifically did this because Ukraine is located right next to Russia, which was the real ultimate target of the US intervention in Ukraine. Had Ukraine been located next to somebody else, the US wouldn't have given a damn about the place. Ukraine sits on an historical invasion route into Russia, and the US sees it as useful for that purpose. Nobody forced the US to intervene in Ukraine -- that was done entirely on the whim of predatory forces who have taken roost in Washington.

NATO has no reason to exist, other than to fight war with Russia. When the Soviet Union and Warsaw Pact dissolved, NATO should have been dissolved as well. Keeping it alive only guaranteed a revival of the Cold War. And that's why it was kept around. "Hi, I'm boarding this plane with a stick of dynamite! Don't mind me, I have no bad intentions with it. I'm just keeping it with me to be safe! What could go wrong?"

Predatory Cold Warriors are in power in Washington, and they are hell bent on playing games of empire against the rest of the world. And if anybody at home interferes with them or challenges them, there'll be instant accusations of "How dare you oppose me! You must be working for Russia!"

McCarthyist garbage -- old wine in a new Democratic Party bottle.
I skimmed your post to see if there was any criticism for Russia starting this war and threatening nuclear attacks, but instead you made up a ridiculous conspiracy theory about the US using Ukraine to invade Russia. Sorry, that's too stupid for me to respond to.

The Kremlin Menagerie, yes.

It's not America's doing that the Russians are bears still shitting in the woods.

Putin's Russia is self condemned for the rest of the century, long after Putin. Because Russians don't change. Their war against Ukraine will become something like The Great Patriotic Sacrifice. Russians eat that loser shit right up. This is because Russians are tough. They can take it. And they sure do get it.

Russia lives over there, America doesn't. What happens over there is thus inherently more salient and relevant to Russia than it is to the United States. Fools Rush in Where Wiser Men Fear to Tread.

I skimmed your post to see if there was any criticism for Russia starting this war and threatening nuclear attacks, but instead you made up a ridiculous conspiracy theory about the US using Ukraine to invade Russia. Sorry, that's too stupid for me to respond to.
Russia is threatening nuclear attacks because the United States is waging war on it. Ukrainians are just a proxy for the United States - like the Afghans were. The United States has destroyed key infrastructure of the world's largest nuclear power, Russia -- and obviously the Russians won't take this lying down. The United States should back away from this war it has started, instead of pursuing its war of choice which can only lead to WW3. You may not care about WW3 and the destruction of the world, but the rest of us do.

Putin can deploy Capt Nemos sub..... it won't stop the arms arriving in the Ukraine from the US and the UK.

And there is not a damn thing both you and I know that Putin can do about it👍
Russia may be about to carry out a nuclear test. A US-sponsored proxy war will only end in WW3.

Congrats to NATO'S soon to be new member, the sovereign state of Ukraine.
NATO has just denied Ukraine permission to join.

Putin's wants to end this it's easy, pull back to the Russian border, Ukraine will not waiver on that demand.
Biden Whitehouse already pressured Zelensky to back away from negotations with Russia.

Face it, Putin is now fighting the US military industrial complex, with the backing of Republicans and Democrats.
That military industrial complex is getting richer, at the cost of bringing everyone to armageddon.

Its best he pull back his sorry arse military, it will save lives.
He won't -- the Russians live there, Americans don't. Russians have always lived in the patchwork now called Ukraine, as have other ethnic groups who aren't "Ukrainian". They are all native inhabitants of that soil, and not just those who call themselves "Ukrainians". You're just babbling in ignorance, as usual.

Things will escalate to nuclear weapons.

Russia is threatening nuclear attacks because the United States is waging war on it. Ukrainians are just a proxy for the United States - like the Afghans were. The United States has destroyed key infrastructure of the world's largest nuclear power, Russia -- and obviously the Russians won't take this lying down. The United States should back away from this war it has started, instead of pursuing its war of choice which can only lead to WW3. You may not care about WW3 and the destruction of the world, but the rest of us do.
If you cared about avoiding war, you'd be criticizing Russia instead of defending it. No, the US is not fighting in Ukraine. Your comparison to Afghanistan is stupid because we actually had troops in Afghanistan.

You'd love for the west to just STFU and let Russia have Ukraine, but the Ukrainian people choose to fight and that's their choice, not yours. Cry more.

If you cared about avoiding war, you'd be criticizing Russia instead of defending it.
No, the Russians live there - Russians live in "Ukraine", just like Hungarians also live in "Ukraine", just like Poles also live in "Ukraine".
"Ukraine" means "borderlands", and the Poles, Russians, Hungarians, etc all used to refer to that place as their borderlands.

No, the US is not fighting in Ukraine. Your comparison to Afghanistan is stupid because we actually had troops in Afghanistan.
I'm talking about the 1980s, you teenager. Your lack of knowledge and context are so obvious.

You'd love for the west to just STFU and let Russia have Ukraine, but the Ukrainian people choose to fight and that's their choice, not yours. Cry more.
Ukraine is a newly created artificial patchwork. It previously belonged to the Poles, the Russians, the Hungarians, etc.
The United States has intervened in this patchwork and sewed mischief there by interfering with its domestic politics. The United States should have left well enough alone.

No, the Russians live there - Russians live in "Ukraine", just like Hungarians also live in "Ukraine", just like Poles also live in "Ukraine".
"Ukraine" means "borderlands", and the Poles, Russians, Hungarians, etc all used to refer to that place as their borderlands.

I'm talking about the 1980s, you teenager. Your lack of knowledge and context are so obvious.

Ukraine is a newly created artificial patchwork. It previously belonged to the Poles, the Russians, the Hungarians, etc.
The United States has intervened in this patchwork and sewed mischief there by interfering with its domestic politics. The United States should have left well enough alone.
The US didn't fight in Ukraine in the 1980s, what a ridiculous claim. You claimed the US is waging war right now In Ukraine but can't defend that statement, and you actively defend Putin's regime as righteous.

Sorry, Ukrainians have every right to defend themselves and no amount of whining, bitching and crying is going to change that or save Russia on the battlefield.

You're describing Russia.

Ruthenian/Ukrainian identity is much older and more cohesive than the sad remnant of the Golden Horde's bastard leavings, Russia.

Putin said.
Or Henry Kissinger, https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/05/24/henry-kissinger-ukraine-russia-territory-davos/

That's from 2022 -- this is from 2014 - https://www.henryakissinger.com/articles/how-the-ukraine-crisis-ends/

Far too often the Ukrainian issue is posed as a showdown: whether Ukraine joins the East or the West. But if Ukraine is to survive and thrive, it must not be either side’s outpost against the other — it should function as a bridge between them.

Russia must accept that to try to force Ukraine into a satellite status, and thereby move Russia’s borders again, would doom Moscow to repeat its history of self-fulfilling cycles of reciprocal pressures with Europe and the United States.

The West must understand that, to Russia, Ukraine can never be just a foreign country. Russian history began in what was called Kievan-Rus. The Russian religion spread from there. Ukraine has been part of Russia for centuries, and their histories were intertwined before then. Some of the most important battles for Russian freedom, starting with the Battle of Poltava in 1709 , were fought on Ukrainian soil. The Black Sea Fleet — Russia’s means of projecting power in the Mediterranean — is based by long-term lease in Sevastopol, in Crimea. Even such famed dissidents as Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn and Joseph Brodsky insisted that Ukraine was an integral part of Russian history and, indeed, of Russia.

The European Union must recognize that its bureaucratic dilatoriness and subordination of the strategic element to domestic politics in negotiating Ukraine’s relationship to Europe contributed to turning a negotiation into a crisis.

2. Ukraine should not join NATO, a position I took seven years ago, when it last came up.

Russia may be about to carry out a nuclear test. A US-sponsored proxy war will only end in WW3.

NATO has just denied Ukraine permission to join.

Biden Whitehouse already pressured Zelensky to back away from negotations with Russia.

That military industrial complex is getting richer, at the cost of bringing everyone to armageddon.

He won't -- the Russians live there, Americans don't. Russians have always lived in the patchwork now called Ukraine, as have other ethnic groups who aren't "Ukrainian". They are all native inhabitants of that soil, and not just those who call themselves "Ukrainians". You're just babbling in ignorance, as usual.

Things will escalate to nuclear weapons.

Once Ukraine is done kicking Russia's arse they will join, NATO has told them as much, you left that part out, why?

Russia can't beat the Wests very DEEP pockets, or it's superior military industrial complex.

No worries, the West won't start a nuclear exchange, nor will Putin.

Back
Top Bottom