• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pulling out of Syria, good or bad decision?

Of course Trump's spot on, getting our troops out of these ****hole countries. If Trump didn't try to run for President
we would have troops in Syria & Afganistan until every poster on this site would have great grandchildren. We don't
have the funds to continue to police the world & offer free medical care, free housing & welfare checks to illegals like
those opposed to Trump demand!

They wouldn't be "****hole" countries if we hadn't made them "****holes" in the first place. Arbitrarily drawing lines on a map and expecting a myriad of tribes and factions to recognise borders only served to encourage factional in-fighting where there was none before our interference. We sowed, and we are reaping the harvest.
America has plenty of money for the things you mention. It's the will to provide them that's missing. America could be a force for good instead of the most bellicose and mistrusted nation on the planet.

Why should more American blood be shed for countries that hate us? Let countries in the region lose their young, brave soldiers and bare the cost of fighting another war in the Middle East.But then again how will the neocons make their fortunes without endless wars??? The withdrawn troops in middle east should be replaced by all our
DC politicians who are hating the troop withdrawal & are so concerned by peace in middle east.

Neocons and Democrats are mad because their efforts to start a war with Turkey have been thwarted. That war would have been SOOOO helpful in their impeachment efforts. Now they're going to have to try something else. Boohoo, you mentally ill neocons and Democrats. Hundreds and maybe thousands of our troops won't be killed just to push this TDS impeachment.

That's ok, I'm sure America will start another pointless and unwinnable war somewhere else before too long. You're good at that.

I posted this before i will post it again.

This is a no win situation. We allied with the kurds to fight ISIS and terrorist organizations. We did not ally with them to fight a national army that we are allies with.
Fighting turkish troops is a declaration of war. More than likely turkey was going to attack anyway and which would have put our troops in the line of fire.

I thought it was a bad move but now that i think more on it there is no good choice.

They wouldn't be "****hole" countries if we hadn't made them "****holes" in the first place. Arbitrarily drawing lines on a map and expecting a myriad of tribes and factions to recognise borders only served to encourage factional in-fighting where there was none before our interference. We sowed, and we are reaping the harvest.
America has plenty of money for the things you mention. It's the will to provide them that's missing. America could be a force for good instead of the most bellicose and mistrusted nation on the planet.

What do you mean by WE! It was the European powers nit the USA that were the prime movers who drew up the
fake countries of the Middle East & for that matter Europe after WWI. I agree that Versailles treaties created a calamity.
Although by WWI the USA my have overtaken Britain as the strongest economic & military power world wide, Britain
allied with France were still the most influential.

The mideast areas were merely pawns of Britain & France dividing up their spheres of influence & in doing so carving up areas
along arbitrarily drawing lines there was about as much genuine thought going into the matter as I would give to closing a door.
Same in Europe, Germany was deprived of 1/10 of its German peoples. A new country Czeckoslovakia, was granted custody of
4 million Germans, 2 million Slovaks & thousands of Hungarians, Ruthenians & Poles. All resented to live in a nation dominated by
7 millions Czecks. The allies signed a birth certificate for multiethnic nations. In multi ethnic nations democracy is a toxic cocktail.
Artificial nations are always at risk of falling apart, factions ruled by alien ethnicities they detested it was easy to sense what was coming.

Language, literature, blood, soil history & faith make a nation not treaties on parchment. The USA can be legitimately blamed
for many idiotic foreign maneuvers especially since Johnson's terms in office & later but blaming the US for the dictates
of Versailles in not fair!

Last edited:
What do you mean by WE! It was the European powers nit the USA that were the prime movers who drew up the
fake countries of the Middle East & for that matter Europe after WWI. I agree that Versailles treaties created a calamity.
Although by WWI the USA my have overtaken Britain as the strongest economic & military power world wide, Britain
allied with France were still the most influential.

The mideast areas were merely pawns of Britain & France dividing up their spheres of influence & in doing so carving up areas
along arbitrarily drawing lines there was about as much genuine thought going into the matter as I would give to closing a door.
Same in Europe, Germany was deprived of 1/10 of its German peoples. A new country Czeckoslovakia, was granted custody of
4 million Germans, 2 million Slovaks & thousands of Hungarians, Ruthenians & Poles. All resented to live in a nation dominated by
7 millions Czecks. The allies signed a birth certificate for multiethnic nations. In multi ethnic nations democracy is a toxic cocktail.
Artificial nations are always at risk of falling apart, factions ruled by alien ethnicities they detested it was easy to sense what was coming.

Language, literature, blood, soil history & faith make a nation not treaties on parchment.

As an ethnic Pole myself I couldn't agree more. And by the way I didn't mention the US in the context of 'we'. Sorry for any confusion.

Well, the US is now sending 2000 troops to Saudi Arabia, to help out with their own quagmire fighting the Houthis.

Monday: Pulls 50 US soldiers out of northern Syria. "It is time for us to get out of these ridiculous Endless Wars, many of them tribal, and bring our soldiers home. WE WILL FIGHT WHERE IT IS TO OUR BENEFIT, AND ONLY FIGHT TO WIN."

Friday: Sends 2000 soldiers to Saudi Arabia to aid with a tribal war that's already 4 years old.

WTF.

Well, the US is now sending 2000 troops to Saudi Arabia, to help out with their own quagmire fighting the Houthis.

Monday: Pulls 50 US soldiers out of northern Syria. "It is time for us to get out of these ridiculous Endless Wars, many of them tribal, and bring our soldiers home. WE WILL FIGHT WHERE IT IS TO OUR BENEFIT, AND ONLY FIGHT TO WIN."

Friday: Sends 2000 soldiers to Saudi Arabia to aid with a tribal war that's already 4 years old.

WTF.

Simple answer: Friends of DonDon get more troops. Friends of America get stabbed in the back.

I simply do not know why anybody is shocked at this repeated experience after all this time.

Before all is said and done not one of our allies is ever going to trust us again, and they will correct.

ask Qaddafi how much he trusted Hillary after he gave up his nukes..

We're in Syria to eradicate ISIS.

I think that's pretty much accomplished.

We're in Syria to eradicate ISIS.

I think that's pretty much accomplished.

Actually, its not pretty much accomplished. But that does not explain not keeping the 1,000 troopers remaining in place. It certainly does not explain sending them to the rear, allowing the Turks to have at the Kurds and then to add insult to injury sending 2,000 more troops to the utterly despicable Saudis.

So YOU would advocate all out war with Turkey...right? What do you do about our airbase there?

Seems like a good place to them attack from...;)

:lol:

ask Qaddafi how much he trusted Hillary after he gave up his nukes..

Lybia never had nukes, don't trust hillary any more than trump, neither is fit to be President.

Turks now ten miles farther into Syria than their original "buffer" zone, Russian and Syrian forces have formed an anvil for the Turks to use to pound the Kurds against and the Turks have cut off US forces.

Oh yea DonDon, your idle threats to Erdogan were the usual Donald Vladimir Trumpkin idle threats.

Turks now ten miles farther into Syria than their original "buffer" zone, Russian and Syrian forces have formed an anvil for the Turks to use to pound the Kurds against and the Turks have cut off US forces.

Oh yea DonDon, your idle threats to Erdogan were the usual Donald Vladimir Trumpkin idle threats.

And 700 ISIS prisoners have apparently already gone missing.

And of course now our troopers are caught between the Russians and Syrians coming north and the Turks headed south with the Turks actually firing on US troopers! How does tough guy Trumpkin respond? Well he turns his retreat to the rear into a full fledged withdrawal.

Boy that was an effective threat to Erdogan, Trumpkin. That was about as effective as your threats to MBS regarding the Khashoggi murder and the outstanding position you have staked out for the US regarding Saudi's proxy war in Yemen. Lets see....what is that position again? We will help you fight and we will provide more troops to help your dumbasses protect your oil fields since you apparently can't protect them yourselves.

Last edited:
Sen Kevin Cramer (R-ND) with dopey comment of the week on this topic:
"I don't think the President had much of a choice if the Kurds were going to continue to threaten the Turkish border and Turkish sovereignty." Now just for context Cramer sits on the Senate Armed Services Committee.

So let me get this straight Senator, Trump did not have a choice in options available to a NATO ally, Turkey. It seems to me that the obvious answer if Erdogan actually felt threatened was to petition his NATO allies to support him, NOT for Donald Vladimir Trumpkin and Erdogan to go rogue and determine for themselves what to do.

Then again, do I really think that reminding Erdogan that he is a NATO ally and should immediately petition NATO if he truly felt threatened occurred to Trumpkin at all???? NOPE I don't...no Real Estate Angle or Hotel suite bookings immediately apparent in THE RIGHT ANSWER.

Cramer immediately becomes my new Senator Bunkybunk as in IDIOT!!!

Sen Kevin Cramer (R-ND) with dopey comment of the week on this topic:
"I don't think the President had much of a choice if the Kurds were going to continue to threaten the Turkish border and Turkish sovereignty." Now just for context Cramer sits on the Senate Armed Services Committee.

So let me get this straight Senator, Trump did not have a choice in options available to a NATO ally, Turkey. It seems to me that the obvious answer if Erdogan actually felt threatened was to petition his NATO allies to support him, NOT for Donald Vladimir Trumpkin and Erdogan to go rogue and determine for themselves what to do.

Then again, do I really think that reminding Erdogan that he is a NATO ally and should immediately petition NATO if he truly felt threatened occurred to Trumpkin at all???? NOPE I don't...no Real Estate Angle or Hotel suite bookings immediately apparent in THE RIGHT ANSWER.

Cramer immediately becomes my new Senator Bunkybunk as in IDIOT!!!

Acting Sec of defense Esper joins the Trumpkin/Cramer oblivious goon squad claiming that "we did not sign up to fight Turkey at the border"

OK Mr Secretary, I would ask you the same question I would ask Cramer and in fact ask Trump himself. If you goons thought that Erdogan had an actual worry regarding his border and his sovereignty and the Kurds then why didn't Trump advice Erdogan as a NATO ally to petition NATO for assistance in that regard. Are the Trumpettes and the Administration and Trumpkin himself this STUPID or are they simply this unscrupulous or are they both?

Oh look....Turkey now says they are going to move farther south and farther west then they had "publicly" indicated earlier.

Nice DonDon....you gutless POS with your hollow threats and ever self-interested transactional abuse of the WH.

Looking more and more like this big win for Putin, Assad and Iran was in the works all along. Hard to imagine that ANYTHING has actually changed over these past few days and much much harder to believe that this is exactly what was expected by Trumplkin though he will now claim otherwise. Either that or he will for once just keep his BIG MOUTH SHUT. I would bet on the former and not the latter.

Last edited:
I’m against War.

Military industrial complex is real....stop believing the bull****

Nice statement. But I noticed you didn't answer his question.

How thrilling, America with a yellow streak up our backs a mile wide thanks to Donald Vladimir Trumpkin.

It's not often that I agree with Trump on something, but pulling troops out of the Middle East is always a good idea.

To hell with warmonger Lindsay Graham.

Does it matter to you how/when they are pulled out?

Back
Top Bottom