• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Pro-lifers are blasphemers

vergiss said:
Hurtful and ignorant comments about the Holocaust were uncalled for, as is calling women who have abortions murderers by implication. What is it the right-wing would call what you're being right now? Oh, that's it - PC.

My point is that until he's interviewed every single woman alive who's ever had an abortion and documented it all, he can hardly declare that "most" women regret the decision.

There were no hurtful or ignorant comments made about the Holocaust. There was a sarcastic comparision made about your views on abortion. You want to tell someone it is too bad their mother didn't believe in abortion, and then get ultrasensitive because someone mentioned the Holocaust in comparision to your views on abortion?:roll:

Also I went through the posts and did not see one spot where the user called any woman a murderer for having an abortion. The woman cannot be the murderer anyway because she does not perform the act. Again you are painting someone with an assumption you have made up of them, much like you did to me in another thread.

Likewise until you do the same you have no claim to what women feel either, so again what is your point?

If you can be ultrasensitive, I can be ultrasensitive.

I said "by implication". If abortion is murder, and woman allows a doctor to perform an abortion on her, wouldn't that logically make her an accessory to murder, at the very least?

I never said I had a claim to what women feel. Putting words in my mouth again.

vergiss said:
If you can be ultrasensitive, I can be ultrasensitive.

I said "by implication". If abortion is murder, and woman allows a doctor to perform an abortion on her, wouldn't that logically make her an accessory to murder, at the very least?

I never said I had a claim to what women feel. Putting words in my mouth again.

Who's being ultrasensitive? I am calling you out on what you are posting, trying to turn it around won't help you out of it. You have made wrong assumptions about people on this board who post something you don't agree with and you got called on it.

Well that doesn't make her a murderer does it, accessory to murder is not murder. So it can't even be implied. Again making an assumption that is false.

You are telling someone they are putting words in your mouth? Hang on...

:2rofll: :2rofll:

OK..you said you know four women as a rebuttal to his claim. How do you know those four women are not a minority? Again I ask for your point, nothing more? Learn to read and comprehend what is being asked before assuming.

vauge said:
It takes 1 egg and 1 sperm to create a human. It then requires incubation period. That incubation period is what this debate is about. When does that merged egg and sperm become human? It is not smarts, not the bible, not far left or far right ideologies.
I agree. It's strictly a matter of secular human biology which is best discussed without reference to religion or ideologies.

Given the twenty-first century state of the art in science, obstetrics, genetics, DNA research, and medical technology, do we now have the answer to the question about which, in 1973, Associate Justice Blackman was unwilling to, as he wrote, "speculate"?

Kindly explain what you think.

Last edited:
vergiss said:
Most women experience severe emotional trauma following abortion? That's strange, seeing as I know of four women who had abortions, and they spoke of nothing but relief. But I suppose making things up is more convenient for you.

Yes, that's exactly what I said. Don't worry about putting words in my mouth and making yourself sound like a moron.

You know, you're either in possession of a below-average IQ or plain delusional if you think my uterus has anything to do with genocide. My relatives were gathered up into trucks and brutally slaughtered, along with 6 million of their people. In Germany you would actually get in trouble with the law for saying something so incredibly offensive and ignorant.

It's a pity your mother didn't believe in abortion.
One robin does not a spring make. Neither do four women constitute a consensus.

There is a mental condition formerly recognized by the professional mental health community, but subsequently relegated to oblivion after the Political Correctness crowd raised a lot of hell and demanded that it be obliterated. The name given to it was Post Abortion Stress Syndrome and it went by the acronym PASS.

The symptoms include depression, feelings of guilt, and suicidal tendencies.
It did, and still does, account for a considerable amount of couch time and generates a lot of revenue from women who have aborted a child.

If you do a google search, you will find over four thousand pages devoted to the subject. There's plenty of interesting reading there for those who wish to familiarize themselves with the subject.

Here is just one of the links. It sort of straddles the question.

http://www.nationalreview.com/nr_comment/nr_comment110701b.shtml

vergiss said:
Before abortion was legal, there were far more abandoned children than parents who could adopt them. How compassionate of you to force women to go through pregnancy (which definitely is no bed of roses), hours of painful childbirth and the emotional pain of having to give up her own flesh and blood. Especially in rape cases - as if she hasn't been through enough agony already. Not to mention the pure Christian charity of resigning these babies to lonely childhoods without a family to love them and, more likely than not, a lousy education and little hope of a future.

Don't try to speak for God, and focus on things that are actually your business rather than obsessing over my womb.
Any obsession is not with a womb, but with the living human child growing therein.

vergiss said:
Most women experience severe emotional trauma following abortion? That's strange, seeing as I know of four women who had abortions, and they spoke of nothing but relief. But I suppose making things up is more convenient for you.
One robin does not a spring make. Nor do four women constitute a consensus.

Before the Political Correctness police raised a lot of hell and had it expunged, there was a recognized mental health condition with the name, "Post Abortion Stress Syndrome". Perhaps the name was constructed that way because it produced a nice, catchy, acronym, PASS. It was initially observed shortly after Roe v. Wade.

It used to, and still does, generate a lot of couch time and revenue. The symptons are depression, feelings of guilt, and sometimes, thoughts of suicide.

A google search on the name will produce more than four thousand hits. If one is interested in learning more about this condition, there are loads of information readily available.

Here is a link that sort of straddles the issue.

http://www.nationalreview.com/nr_comment/nr_comment110701b.shtml

Last edited:
Pro-lifers are blasphemers, but are too stupid to know it.

The Bible makes no mention of abortion, even though abortion was in common practice at the time.

In saying abortion is murder & a "holocaust," pro-lifers are implicitly saying that the Bible FORGOT TO MENTION this horrible thing.

If you oppose abortion, you're really saying the Bible is wrong. You just didn't realize it.

This proves my contention that the Right is dumb.

I would have to say the infanticidal left are the real idiots morons and just too stupid to realize it.I would like to know what scripture you made the assumnption that abortion is okay in the bible.Usually every time a leftist talks about the bible they have no idea what the **** they are talking about.

jamesrage said:
I would have to say the infanticidal left are the real idiots morons and just too stupid to realize it.I would like to know what scripture you made the assumnption that abortion is okay in the bible.Usually every time a leftist talks about the bible they have no idea what the **** they are talking about.
I am on your side and respectfully suggest that this subject can never be successfully argued on the basis of religious beliefs or the bible.

Once religion is introduced, the focus of the discussion moves from the subject to one of religion and the fighting over the bible begins. No one ever wins one of those arguments.

Abortion is best discussed on its merit as a secular biological process. Simply stated, abortion is a medical procedure the object of which is the intentional killing of a human being which is inside a womb to prevent its eventual birth. Abortion always achieves its objective.

Is the argument that privacy is of greater value than the lives of more than a million US babies who are aborted each year a valid reason to kill them?

No, it isn't.

Since there are so many pro-abortion advocates who have no interest in the bible, does it really matter what the religious position is?

No, it doesn't.

The only arguments left to the pro-abortion advocates are:

1. It's not a human being; it's only a fetus. (The numb skulls in the grouip seem not to understand that 'fetus' is simply a stage in the development of a living human being. It's a Latin word that translates: "little one")

2. It's a matter of the privacy of the woman involved. (It's a matter of life or death to the child involved.)

Some may argue that given the major growth industry that was created by Roe v. Wade, which created many multi-millionaires, it's really a matter of economics.

blogger31 said:
Who's being ultrasensitive? I am calling you out on what you are posting, trying to turn it around won't help you out of it. You have made wrong assumptions about people on this board who post something you don't agree with and you got called on it.

Well that doesn't make her a murderer does it, accessory to murder is not murder. So it can't even be implied. Again making an assumption that is false.

You are telling someone they are putting words in your mouth? Hang on...

:2rofll: :2rofll:

OK..you said you know four women as a rebuttal to his claim. How do you know those four women are not a minority? Again I ask for your point, nothing more? Learn to read and comprehend what is being asked before assuming.

I called him out first. If he's permitted to be "sarcastic", so am I.

What, so those women had nothing to do with it, then?

And how does he know that those who suffer guilt and grief are a majority? My point, as I have stated, is that neither of us - including him - can say what "most" women feel.

blogger31 said:

Umm, actually, if you hire someone to commit a murder for you, you are in fact guilty of first degree murder. Just in case you didn't know.

Fantasea said:
Any obsession is not with a womb, but with the living human child growing therein.

If you can find a link showing a woman who was able to fit a child into her uterus, I'm sure we'd all be most interested.

What about my ovaries? There are millions of potential "children" in those. If I were to remove them, would I effectively be committing genocide?

vergiss said:

Yes, that's exactly what I said. Don't worry about putting words in my mouth and making yourself sound like a moron.

You know, you're either in possession of a below-average IQ or plain delusional if you think my uterus has anything to do with genocide. My relatives were gathered up into trucks and brutally slaughtered, along with 6 million of their people. In Germany you would actually get in trouble with the law for saying something so incredibly offensive and ignorant.

Nice language. Perhaps you need to learn the art of debating with thought. Comments like this don't help your case. They only serve to show the idiocy one possesses when they cannot address an issue.

Also, perhaps I should send you to see my mother, who DOES believe in abortion. Maybe as she's violently beating you on all 3 floors of the house, and telling you that you should have been an abortion, will you truly understand the ramifications of such statements.

So Aelfwine's "sarcasm" about the Holocaust is permitted, and my sarcasm isn't? Right-o. All "debating with thought" flew out the window when he decided to trivialise to brutality inflicted on 6 million Jews.

Also, I fail to see how your mother has anything to do with this.

vergiss said:
So Aelfwine's "sarcasm" about the Holocaust is permitted, and my sarcasm isn't? Right-o. All "debating with thought" flew out the window when he decided to trivialise to brutality inflicted on 6 million Jews.

You fail to see the ramifications (is the word too big?) of the statement you made as you continue to defend it.

And the question, was just that a question. Do questions that contradict your argument make you uncomfortable?

debate_junkie said:
You fail to see the ramifications (is the word too big?) of the statement you made as you continue to defend it.

And the question, was just that a question. Do questions that contradict your argument make you uncomfortable?

Ramifications? That what, I hurt his feelings? Diddums.

Erm. Pray tell, which question?

Kelzie said:
Umm, actually, if you hire someone to commit a murder for you, you are in fact guilty of first degree murder. Just in case you didn't know.

Well if you want to put that out there go ahead. I personally don't see a woman having an abortion as an act of murder on her part, but you said it, I didn't. Still doesn't take away from the fact that no one called anyone a murderer on this board.

vergiss said:
I called him out first. If he's permitted to be "sarcastic", so am I.

What, so those women had nothing to do with it, then?

And how does he know that those who suffer guilt and grief are a majority? My point, as I have stated, is that neither of us - including him - can say what "most" women feel.

Oh I see so now it is sarcasm.:roll: Just about anything works up in that twisted mind of yours right? First you tried to justify saying too bad his mother didn't believe in abortion, by saying he made rude and uncalled for comments about the Holocaust, and called women murderers for having abortions (which never happened). Now though the story takes a twist to where it wasn't rude and uncalled for, it was sarcastic and that is what you were being as well. Changing your story really doesn't help you out here.

Ummmm...."Thou Shalt Not Kill"..... I think that was mentioned somewhere in there. I know, I know, "But then you can't kill animals either!" Really???....read Genesis. and blasphemer is the wrong word...just FYI.

blogger31 said:
Oh I see so now it is sarcasm.:roll: Just about anything works up in that twisted mind of yours right? First you tried to justify saying too bad his mother didn't believe in abortion, by saying he made rude and uncalled for comments about the Holocaust, and called women murderers for having abortions (which never happened). Now though the story takes a twist to where it wasn't rude and uncalled for, it was sarcastic and that is what you were being as well. Changing your story really doesn't help you out here.

You said he was being sarcastic first, not me.

Also, I said implied women were murderers. Read the posts before you reply.

vergiss said:

WHOA, nellie. Let's back up and review here real quick.

First of all there was no trivilization of the Holocaust, (is it just me or does it seem vergiss knows a few big words and likes to use them over and over?) anyway there was a comparison made with the Holocaust and the killing of over 40 million unborn children, using the same justifications PC uses for abortion.

Also, on another thread (Abortion and Drugs) you said this:

I suffered as the child of a chronic alcoholic. Why the hell is alcohol and its many problems any better than an addiction to meth or the like?

and...

I haven't just seen what drugs (legal or not) do to people. I've lived it.

So apparently it is OK for you to bring up what you suffered through personally, but if anyone else does it you just don't see the relevance.

vergiss said:
You said he was being sarcastic first, not me.

Also, I said implied women were murderers. Read the posts before you reply.

Oh yeah I know I said sarcastic first. But little did I know I just gave you an excuse you were going to try and use. Let's review shall we:

You said:

You clearly state that his comment was "offensive and ignorant". Not usually a reaction to something one thinks is sarcastic. But in true hypocritical fashion what do you do? You come back with something equally "offensive and ignorant". .

An eye for an eye, dear? Whinge to him too, if you think you're being so fair.

Thats all Vergiss ever has is sarcastic hypocritical comments to make; there isnt any facts behind her poor taste in words. I have to remember "she's only 17". But I would have thought if she had such great parents they would have taught her to be a lady by having manners & keeping her legs closed.

Back
Top Bottom