• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Poll: 70% of Americans support admitting the migrant caravan into the USA

Yes, it IS wrong, but it won't change.

I try to avoid predicting the future, and I hope I'm wrong.
Certainly they won't change it on their own, we must force them to.

Certainly they won't change it on their own, we must force them to.

Nothing lasts forever, even Cold November Rain. Even Rome, even the US experiment. Quite noble, but in the end another human endeavor that tried to compensate for human vice.

There's no obligation for a news org to put all relevant facts in the headline. If people don't read beyond it because they're stupid and lazy, that's not really the problem of the news org or the article. The headline did say, "Majority say migrants in caravan should be given the opportunity to enter the country" which of course implies conditions.

A lie by omission is still a lie.

Neither the history, intent, or even the actual words of this poem mean a damn thing.
A comment that is as wrong as it is stupid.

What matters is what it has come to mean over time, it's influence over us.
No. What actually matters is the law, not feelings.

To generations of Americans, it means "we help people who need it most", or some such.
Irrelevant.

It doesn't matter one whit whether that influence is a myth of our own creation, it's influence remains nonetheless.
iLOL In regards to this specific; Only with those of irrational thought.

Wow, I'm a bit blown away by this. I assumed the majority of the country was against this type of stuff.

I'm also blown away that almost half the Republicans support the caravan. I find this a bit hard to believe, to be honest. I'd like to know how the poll was worded, exactly.

Anyway ...

All you need to ask, Chomsky, is which part of New York City or Frisco they took the poll in.

I remember an equally false narrative being pushed that said 90% of all Americans are for GUN CONTROL.

If 90% of Americans want anything, it will happen.

When they lost, of course, they said it was NRA money that defeated them.
Not ever looking at the fact it was a false narrative.

I have seen both sides do this. Throw out some made-up big % number and then blame some other factor for their failure.
This CNN poll is doing the same thing. The big lie.

The only true 90% number I can think of is 90% of all Americans like dogs and cats.
90% of all Americans wear clothes when they go to work outside the home.
90% of all Americans like coffee, tea, or water.
90% of all Americans sit down when they go number 2.
90% of all American men pick their nose at a red light.
90% of all American women check their make-up at a red light.
90% of all Americans change the channel if Pee Wee's Big Adventure is on TV.

Now those are pretty safe large % numbers.

Last edited:
If that poll is correct, then 70% of Americans are WRONG.

Polls also have shown that the majority of Americans are against the Bill of Rights!

A comment that is as wrong as it is stupid.
So you say, but I do not agree.

No. What actually matters is the law, not feelings.
Actually, in this case, no.
I was speaking specifically of feelings, which influence which laws are established and what forms they take.

Irrelevant.
To you, perhaps.

iLOL In regards to this specific; Only with those of irrational thought.
I've oft wondered why your amusement is controlled by Apple.

If that poll is correct, then 70% of Americans are WRONG.

Polls also have shown that the majority of Americans are against the Bill of Rights!
Who cares about your delusions? The majority is right and we're going to force our way upon you. Whatever it takes.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/19/politics/migrants-poll/index.html

Turns out that all the hostility against the caravan was just a product of a loud minority!

Please read the articles before you post them. The poll said 70% of people want the caravan migrants to have the OPPORTUNITY to enter the country if they meet certain requirements, not to actually be admitted just because they are in the caravan. This is what Trump supporters and anti-caravaners have been saying. Immigration is fine, but illegal immigration is not. We must be a country of laws, and migrants must follow those laws to enter the country.

Back
Top Bottom