• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Police reform is not activists' job. It's the police's job.

99% of the police officer's are good decent people trying to do an impossible job today.
The other 1 % need to be dealt with and that should be the responsibility of your local government.
Your mayor, city council, Police chief and local district attorney. When they don't do their jobs bad officers
are able to stay on the force. Voters need to hold the managers responsible at the ballot box.

Exactly (although I'd argue the 1% figure). If you pretend there are no bad police, you are saying there is no difference between good and bad police.

And this issue is an issue for the level of government that has jurisdiction.

Exactly (although I'd argue the 1% figure). If you pretend there are no bad police, you are saying there is no difference between good and bad police.

And this issue is an issue for the level of government that has jurisdiction.
what 5% or more?

I think if this country is to survive America's 250th anniversary of it's Independence in 2026, there needs to be police reform.

Black people aren't the only ones calling for it anymore. Young white people, the rising youth are. The people I have shown you that has caused me to be controversial around here have made it perfectly clear.

Police officers are not seen as peace officers anymore. They are seen as sworn enemies of the people. Black people don't have to tell you this.

There needs to be police reform or else I think America's finished.

First step in my opinion would be to abolish police unions. They're too corrupt.

Any thoughts?
I agree and what's strange, in general the gop is against unions but not police unions, wonder why?

Cop is involved in a fentanyl bust. The offenders, not their first offense, get twenty years. Later, same cop steals 99 fentanyl pills out of the evidence locker. Gets charged with...larceny. What am I missing?

I heard many horror stories about cops in philly from my cousin the drug using cop.

what 5% or more?

Urban 15% rural 20%.

Ten years ago I would have said 3% and 5% respectively, but ten years of no consequences creates rot. Then suddenly everyone's screaming because people are getting shot or brutalized everywhere or you have cops forgetting to change out of uniform before robbing the quikmart.

Obviously, some departments are far better, and some are going to be absolute hell holes.

Full disclosure: In the many years that I have been a cop, I have never once met anyone who did it for the salary alone.

A rookie right out of the academy makes $54K/year, and your uniform upkeep (for patrolmen) and suits (for detectives) are on you (well, there's a stipend, but it's a joke). Nobody is getting rich on that.
Question. Of course the usual one, why did you become a cop and how long, if at all, did it take for your original intent to go out the window? My cousin was a cop in philly and not exactly my idea of upstanding after a few years.

Question. Of course the usual one, why did you become a cop and how long, if at all, did it take for your original intent to go out the window? My cousin was a cop in philly and not exactly my idea of upstanding after a few years.

I became a cop because I am a misanthrope and I feel that all people are guilty, even if not all people have been caught for the things for which they are guilty.

My original motivation is intact. You cannot go for a day without committing a crime unless you are in a persistent vegetative state (and then you're probably loitering).

People who want to save the world either off themselves or turn into monsters.

It is worth mentioning that I broke the law 3 times today just driving to work.

Speeding, improper lane usage, and (technically) road rage for flipping off the guy who slowed down on the on-ramp.

Everyone is guilty, even me.

I was riding with a long time black friend who is also business competitor and owed me a lunch yesterday. We got stopped by a white Norfolk cop for him doing a slow roll through a stop sign.

Friend: Hello Officer........I have a weapon in the glove box.

Officer: Ahhh...... OK......thx! I stopped you for not stopping at the sign back there.

Friend: Guilty as charged sir.

Officer: Checks license and registration and comes back to the truck after a couple minutes and gives a 15 second " just take it easy" speech with no ticket.

Friend: Thanks sir.......I really appreciate it.

Officer: Bye the way........your registration decals are 5 months past due. Get it fixed or the next stop will their be a fine for sure.

This is how America should be.

Last edited:
I became a cop because I am a misanthrope and I feel that all people are guilty, even if not all people have been caught for the things for which they are guilty.

My original motivation is intact. You cannot go for a day without committing a crime unless you are in a persistent vegetative state (and then you're probably loitering).

People who want to save the world either off themselves or turn into monsters.
That's honest enough and oddly enough when my cousin turned from law enforcement to using his badge to become a criminal he basically said the same thing. There is us and them and if you ain't wearing a blue uniform you are a them and you just haven't been caught but you're sure as hell guilty.

I'm not a big fan of that type of policing.

Luce:

??? Too cryptic for me I'm afraid.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.
See below:
Not your idol?

Could'a fooled us - you've been here what, all of 7 days now and in that time you've managed to start - well let's list them:

Five (5) threads on your poser friend - in just 7 days. Plus - two other threads on guys you describe almost identically to Stone - Hawk Newsome and Jason Musgrove - all 3 "prominent activists"

So please, don't expect us to believe you don't idolize these guys - but poser Stone above the others. He's all you seem to be able to talk about since you've been here.

And frankly, that's sad - because all three, but Stone in particular are anything BUT "prominent" - and if any of them are going anywhere, it's very likely back to jail, where they probably belong - Stone in particular for wanting to "take out whites" and "kill cops," - and if not jail then the mental hospital, imagining he's going to write books and give them to every school children, plus run for president - or an even "higher office."

It's pathetic. You'd do well to change your focus if you want to garner any credibility around here. (Just sayin)

That's honest enough and oddly enough when my cousin turned from law enforcement to using his badge to become a criminal he basically said the same thing. There is us and them and if you ain't wearing a blue uniform you are a them and you just haven't been caught but you're sure as hell guilty.

I'm not a big fan of that type of policing.
But that isn't what he said.

I think if this country is to survive America's 250th anniversary of it's Independence in 2026, there needs to be police reform.

Black people aren't the only ones calling for it anymore. Young white people, the rising youth are. The people I have shown you that has caused me to be controversial around here have made it perfectly clear.

Police officers are not seen as peace officers anymore. They are seen as sworn enemies of the people. Black people don't have to tell you this.

First step in my opinion would be to abolish police unions. They're too corrupt.

Any thoughts?
In a democracy it is not police who are responsible for their reform but those elected by the people. I continue to be surprised by how many contributions to DP appear to hold the concept of democracy in contempt.

And cooperation from criminals, we already played this game in the 70s. Police reform is code for “turn the streets of our cities over to hoodlums and gang bangers” and wait until we’ve had a decade like the 70s where bullets are flying through home walls and criminals openly control the streets. The reaction will result in far more harsh policing then the “activists” tried to solve.

It’s amazing how leftists are now openly the party of allowing MS-13 to rule the streets unopposed

And cooperation from criminals, we already played this game in the 70s. Police reform is code for “turn the streets of our cities over to hoodlums and gang bangers” and wait until we’ve had a decade like the 70s where bullets are flying through home walls and criminals openly control the streets. The reaction will result in far more harsh policing then the “activists” tried to solve.

It’s amazing how leftists are now openly the party of allowing MS-13 to rule the streets unopposed
Liberals: I want cops to be honest…

Emnofseattle: ok so you want gangs to take over…

Yeah your either not understanding the motivation or your point of view is so skewed that you think there is no difference between an honest police force and 70s queens.

Liberals: I want cops to be honest…
No you don’t, American police are largely honest now, which is why we have to hear lies like “Michael Brown was a gentle giant who didn’t do nothing” then when you point out he was a violent criminal who robbed a store just minutes before and was such a brazen criminal he defied a lawful police order to clear off the street to the sidewalk the response is “well he only grabbed the shop owner by thr shirt and shook him around, that’s not a violent crime” or we hear about Philando Castille, also gunned down by police for no reason, he was only driving high while reaching around for his gun against explicit orders to stop moving his hands.

No, the dishonesty is on you people.
Emnofseattle: ok so you want gangs to take over…
You explicitly do. Or you act no differently then someone who would, given that whenever leftists impose “police reform” crime goes up while violent criminals are let out of jail

No you don’t, American police are largely honest now, which is why we have to hear lies like “Michael Brown was a gentle giant who didn’t do nothing” then when you point out he was a violent criminal who robbed a store just minutes before and was such a brazen criminal he defied a lawful police order to clear off the street to the sidewalk the response is “well he only grabbed the shop owner by thr shirt and shook him around, that’s not a violent crime” or we hear about Philando Castille, also gunned down by police for no reason, he was only driving high while reaching around for his gun against explicit orders to stop moving his hands.

No, the dishonesty is on you people.
Honest cops wouldn’t make the national news by abusing people. That abuse should never happen.
You explicitly do. Or you act no differently then someone who would, given that whenever leftists impose “police reform” crime goes up while violent criminals are let out of jail
So your issue is the viewpoint issue. I’m not surprised.

Almost nobody wants more crime. Once you are able to understand this point, then you will be able to argue within reality.

Honest cops wouldn’t make the national news by abusing people. That abuse should never happen.

So your issue is the viewpoint issue. I’m not surprised.

Almost nobody wants more crime. Once you are able to understand this point, then you will be able to argue within reality.
There is virtually no cases of police abuse in America. What happens is, you lefties will invent a case of police abuse and then be angry at everyone else for not joining in on the lie Then you use the Lie as evidence for the need for police reform. And by police reform you mean eliminating the ability of police to use force against violent criminals.

Any thoughts?
I think we need stricter requirements for police training and conduct, and actual meaningful punishments for those who abuse the power we entrust them with.

How we get to that point when the culture of the systems around the police protects and empowers them in plenty of places I don't know.

I think we need stricter requirements for police training and conduct, and actual meaningful punishments for those who abuse the power we entrust them with.
There is virtually no cases of systemic abuse of power in the United States. People who claim that there are, are lying and the purpose of the lie is to empower criminals to roam the streets.
How we get to that point when the culture of the systems around the police protects and empowers them in plenty of places I don't know.
You are demanding solutions for a nonexistent problem.

There is virtually no cases of police abuse in America. What happens is, you lefties will invent a case of police abuse and then be angry at everyone else for not joining in on the lie Then you use the Lie as evidence for the need for police reform. And by police reform you mean eliminating the ability of police to use force against violent criminals.
So now you are just wading deeper into conspiracy land. The issues are very well documented.

Again almost nobody wants more crime. People instinctively don’t like to feel like they are in danger and that affects people at a much deeper level than ideology.

You are incorrect.

Just because you think some of the claimed abuses of power are false, does not mean others which don't make the news as much aren't real.

For example, civil asset forfeiture is a thing. It shouldn't be, and is abused far beyond it's intended purpose.

Back
Top Bottom