• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Plant-based?

Antiwar

Green Party progressive
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
How plant-based was your diet (or will be), this week?

What plant-based food would you like to try?

How is plant-based relevant to much more than food?

How, exactly, are one’s dietary choices political?

How, exactly, are one’s dietary choices political?

I'm glad you asked. This morning I was thinking that one's food choices are probably one of the best political levers, if not the best.

How: Most people eat food several times a day and most people purchase food in one form or another.

I'm glad you asked. This morning I was thinking that one's food choices are probably one of the best political levers, if not the best.

How: Most people eat food several times a day and most people purchase food in one form or another.

WTF? What is the difference between a Progressive and a Liberal food choice?

Why are you asking this question in a political forum?

I eat a lot of pasta all year and a lot of pizza during football season. Sometimes i eat a Chinese meal, which is all plants except the chicken. I also eat cheeseburgers and eggs. Whenever possible, I drink milk; otherwise, it is apple juice. Dessert is usually a cookie, but during the fall (when pumpkins and apples are in season), I have apple pies and pumpkin flavored desserts. I also eat too much chocolate. So you can say my diet is plant-based, but that would be a misleading statement because I am a very picky eater.

WTF? What is the difference between a Progressive and a Liberal food choice?

I would answer that but I don't want the thread to turn to trolling.

Isn’t making food choices based on politics what this thread is about?

No. It's about 'plant-based.'

I'd participate in a thread like that, though.

Yes, my diet revolves around plants. I sometimes eat em, but usually smoke em.

Then I hit the ribs!!!

I think that the new plant based products are fantastic.

I don't eat most meat so plant based foods are very welcome by me.

But why do you care?

Why would anyone care what food someone else eats?

I'm very used to conservatives attacking me for not eating beef or most meats.

I don't know what their problem is.

People have more choices now and that is a very good thing.

If you don't like plant based food, don't eat it. But for heaven's sake, leave others alone to eat what they choose.

I think that the new plant based products are fantastic.

I don't eat most meat so plant based foods are very welcome by me.

I'm very used to conservatives attacking me for not eating beef or most meats.

I don't know what their problem is.

People have more choices now and that is a very good thing.

(y)

But why do you care? ... Why would anyone care what food someone else eats?

Because food is an extremely important political issue.

If you don't like plant based food, don't eat it. But for heaven's sake, leave others alone to eat what they choose.

People should be able to eat whatever they want?

Yes, my diet revolves around plants. I sometimes eat em, but usually smoke em.

Then I hit the ribs!!!
Anyone who is truly concerned with planet "health" as you and most libs pretend to be would eat a plant based diet if they were not all talk and only talk that talk for political reasons.

No vegan conservatives?

Yesterday I decided to try the plant-based burger of a famous (beef) hamburger chain.

It was truly a nothing burger. (At least it had a slice of tomato.)

I learned my lesson.

(I understand, however, that some people actually do enjoy veggie burgers. They are probably wise to avoid beef, especially considering how cows are raised in this country for mass consumption. (In the good old days, hear tell that the beef was "healthier.")

Yesterday I decided to try the plant-based burger of a famous (beef) hamburger chain.

It was truly a nothing burger. (At least it had a slice of tomato.)

I learned my lesson.

Alright, you tried! A veggie burger from a fast food joint probably isn't very good. I hardly eat veggie burgers, but I'm sure there are some great ones.

Anyone who is truly concerned with planet "health" as you and most libs pretend to be would eat a plant based diet if they were not all talk and only talk that talk for political reasons.

Very interesting! Do tell more, please.

Like it or not, environmentalism has become politicized...and what we eat is a huge....no, it is THE environmental concern.

(y)

Because food is an extremely important political issue.

People should be able to eat whatever they want?

Is there anything that isn't political now?

Can't food just be sustenance? Why does it have to be political?

Yes people should be able to eat what they want. It's no one's business what people choose to eat.

Very interesting! Do tell more, please.
Look into all the grain grown and water used and land developed and refrigeration required per pound of meat produced. Grain we could eat ourselves instead of feeding pounds of it to animals for one pound of meat.
Then look into commercial industrial fishing. Fuel used per pound of fish, bycatch and mountains of discarded nets ensnaring dolphins, turtles whales........

Why do you think you have the right to tell people what they can and can't eat?

What does it matter to you what someone else eats? You aren't eating it and no one is forcing you to eat anything you don't want to eat.

I'm am so sick of people politicizing food.

Just stop.

If you want to eat a whole cow or pig at once, go for it but stop telling other people what they have to eat.

I swear, some people can't just live and let live.

Back
Top Bottom