• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Plant-based?

Is there anything that isn't political now?

Can't food just be sustenance? Why does it have to be political?

Yes people should be able to eat what they want. It's no one's business what people choose to eat.
What's done to provide meat to the masses is everyone's business.

Why do you think you have the right to tell people what they can and can't eat?

What does it matter to you what someone else eats? You aren't eating it and no one is forcing you to eat anything you don't want to eat.

I'm am so sick of people politicizing food.

Just stop.

If you want to eat a whole cow or pig at once, go for it but stop telling other people what they have to eat.

I swear, some people can't just live and let live.
I don't "tell" I inform. Decision is yours to make.

Yesterday I decided to try the plant-based burger of a famous (beef) hamburger chain.

It was truly a nothing burger. (At least it had a slice of tomato.)

I learned my lesson.

(I understand, however, that some people actually do enjoy veggie burgers. They are probably wise to avoid beef, especially considering how cows are raised in this country for mass consumption. (In the good old days, hear tell that the beef was "healthier.")

I tried the Impossible burger at Burger King.

I liked it. The only thing I didn't like about it is that it's too big for me. I have them cut it in half and can eat almost a one half of it.

I don't eat beef and other meats because I don't like the taste. It's as simple as that. I'm sure you don't eat food because you don't like the taste. The smell of it use to just upset my stomach but chemo turned it into actual vomiting from the smell of beef and other meats.

The health benefits are just a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

I buy the plant based meat substitutes at the grocery store and use them the same way other people uses ground beef.

It's a personal choice. No choice is wrong or right. It's right for me and other people like me.

I don't see anyone being forced to eat it so I don't see what the problem is.

How, exactly, are one’s dietary choices political?

Considering the nonsense spouted by conservatives about vegetarians and vegans do you really need to ask?

What's done to provide meat to the masses is everyone's business.

Well I don't consume it so tell those who do.

People eat meat. Yes it can be raised in a much more humane and environmental friendly way but tell that to the ranchers. They are the ones raining the animals.

I agree. The industry of meat production is very harmful to the planet but there isn't much I can do about it. I don't consume it so I'm not a part of it.

Go to Texas. It's a real eye opener. The way they raise cows is sick. And the stench is horrible.

I drove through the panhandle of Texas last year. By the time I reached New Mexico, I had a sinus infection from the horribly filthy air in Texas and Oklahoma. I got to one area that in the distance the black areas in green pastures looked like a wildfire. When I got close enough to see what it was, I saw it was cows. All in small pens. So many cows, they were on top of one another. And the stench was horrible. I don't know how people can live in that and be a part of it. We are all used to seeing cows in pastures but I have never seen what I saw in Texas. It's sick and made me even more glad I don't like the taste of beef and am not a part of that sick industry.

If you have a problem with the way meat is produced, stop whining about it and do something about it.

Or do you prefer to not do anything and just whine about it?

Well I don't consume it so tell those who do.

People eat meat. Yes it can be raised in a much more humane and environmental friendly way but tell that to the ranchers. They are the ones raining the animals.

I agree. The industry of meat production is very harmful to the planet but there isn't much I can do about it. I don't consume it so I'm not a part of it.

Go to Texas. It's a real eye opener. The way they raise cows is sick. And the stench is horrible.

I drove through the panhandle of Texas last year. By the time I reached New Mexico, I had a sinus infection from the horribly filthy air in Texas and Oklahoma. I got to one area that in the distance the black areas in green pastures looked like a wildfire. When I got close enough to see what it was, I saw it was cows. All in small pens. So many cows, they were on top of one another. And the stench was horrible. I don't know how people can live in that and be a part of it. We are all used to seeing cows in pastures but I have never seen what I saw in Texas. It's sick and made me even more glad I don't like the taste of beef and am not a part of that sick industry.

If you have a problem with the way meat is produced, stop whining about it and do something about it.

Or do you prefer to not do anything and just whine about it?
What I do about it is I walk the walk. I don't eat industrial meat or fish.

I honestly can't be bothered to argue this as conservatives have spent the last few decades slinging mud at both groups so if you don't agree then fine.
I'm right of Rush and somewhere between vegan and vegetarian so I call BS on your paranoid claim.

It's almost as if this thread was written by a militant vegan.

I would disagree for reasons in my previous post.

I have a plant based diet. Are you saying that's wrong?

Who are you to tell anyone they are wrong to eat what they want?

Why is it that conservatives can't be happy to live their lives as they choose? Why do conservatives have a need to force everyone else to live as the conservative lives?

Do you know what the word freedom means? Conservatives scream it a lot but from what I can see, to them, that word means they are free to take freedom from everyone else and force them to live the way the conservatives want to live. Whether other people want to live that way or not.

If you want to whine about my plant based diet go for it but I'm going to ignore you. You aren't worth my time.

I have a plant based diet. Are you saying that's wrong?

Why is it that conservatives can't be happy to live their lives as they choose? Why do conservatives have a need to force everyone else to live as the conservative lives?

Do you know what the word freedom means? Conservatives scream it a lot but from what I can see, to them, that word means they are free to take freedom from everyone else and force them to live the way the conservatives want to live. Whether other people want to live that way or not.

If you want to whine about my plant based diet go for it but I'm going to ignore you. You aren't worth my time.
You are a very angry person looking for a pissing contest with someone who agrees with your diet choice.

What I do about it is I walk the walk. I don't eat industrial meat or fish.

I don't either so why are you giving me a hard time?

What is your problem?

You are attacking someone who actually agrees with you on the way meat is produced in our nation.

Why not attack someone who doesn't agree wtih you?

So if you have a problem with the way meat is produced in this nation do something about it. Attacking me isn't going to do anything about the problem. Especially since I'm not part of the whole system.

I don't eat industrial meat or fish so I don't know why you are giving me a hard time.

I don't attack people for eating beef. All you are going to do is turn people away from what you are trying to say.

Let people eat what they want and be happy to live as you choose.

Look at the facts with industrial meat and fishing. Yes there is such a thing as right and wrong and industrialized meat and fishing is wrong.

When the wannabe informer has less intellect than whom they are intending to inform, yes.
Feel free to tell me how I'm wrong about industrial meat and fishing.

I don't either so why are you giving me a hard time?

What is your problem?

You are attacking someone who actually agrees with you on the way meat is produced in our nation.

Why not attack someone who doesn't agree wtih you?

So if you have a problem with the way meat is produced in this nation do something about it. Attacking me isn't going to do anything about the problem. Especially since I'm not part of the whole system.

I don't eat industrial meat or fish so I don't know why you are giving me a hard time.

I don't attack people for eating beef. All you are going to do is turn people away from what you are trying to say.

Let people eat what they want and be happy to live as you choose.
Where have I attacked you?

^^^^^^

Don't know if you'll get one from him, so here's a touche for ya.

Back
Top Bottom