• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Perhaps The Majority of Americans WANT A Dictatorship

Name calling does not change the facts.

There’s nothing factual in your post. Especially not with that No True Scotsman logical fallacy you employed.

Great.
Now all this majority has to do is explain how they expect this dictatorship to actually work.
So far, the growing pains have destroyed the economy, our cities, race relations, the environment, and killed a couple of hundred thousand people and brought us to the edge of civil war.

Make a case for a "benevolent" Trump dictatorship and let's see if it can sell.

Trump would know exactly how to run a government in a dictatorship: everything he says goes--it's that simple. Trump would use his good buddy, Putin as a role model. Putin has been a dictator for 16 years, split by a break from 2008-2012 when his stooge, Dimitri Medvedev filled in while he took a vacation. Putin plans to be reelected in 2020 and can serve two more 6-years terms per an amendment to the Russian constitution. You don't see Putin having any serious problems running his dictatorship, do you?

Trump would know exactly how to run a government in a dictatorship: everything he says goes--it's that simple. Trump would use his good buddy, Putin as a role model. Putin has been a dictator for 16 years, split by a break from 2008-2012 when his stooge, Dimitri Medvedev filled in while he took a vacation. Putin plans to be reelected in 2020 and can serve two more 6-years terms per an amendment to the Russian constitution. You don't see Putin having any serious problems running his dictatorship, do you?

I didn't ask if it could run, I asked if it could sell.

I didn't ask if it could run, I asked if it could sell.

From what I see Trump has half the country in his corner right now. If he were able to get this to the Supreme Court and they chose him like they did Bush in 2000 then yeah, I think with the Supreme Court on his side he could force the other 50% anti-Trumpers to get in line. They may riot like they did in 2016 but look how long that lasted. Things have been quiet ever since. The anti-Trumpers accepted him once before, they'll do it again if he successfully rigs this election. And again in 2024. He has it all planned out you can bet your bottom dollar.

From what I see Trump has half the country in his corner right now. If he were able to get this to the Supreme Court and they chose him like they did Bush in 2000 then yeah, I think with the Supreme Court on his side he could force the other 50% anti-Trumpers to get in line. They may riot like they did in 2016 but look how long that lasted. Things have been quiet ever since. The anti-Trumpers accepted him once before, they'll do it again if he successfully rigs this election. And again in 2024. He has it all planned out you can bet your bottom dollar.

Again, I didn't ask if he is able to put down civil unrest either.
And in regards to "The anti-Trumpers accepted him once before, they'll do it again if he successfully rigs this election." - - I don't think you've been paying much attention.

There’s nothing factual in your post. Especially not with that No True Scotsman logical fallacy you employed.
Most Americans whose families were here a generation ago voted for Trump. That's a fact.

Most Americans whose families were here a generation ago voted for Trump. That's a fact.

So would that mean Melania is not a “real American” because her family wasn’t here a generation ago?

Nice open xenophobia you have there.

The evidence suggests that conservatives want to be ruled by a dictator. I think conservatives are very timid, gullible and submissive by nature, and don't know what to do with themselves without someone telling them how to behave. One of the foundations of modern conservatism is based on surrendering critical thought, disregarding all evidence and submitting to a dictator. This is considered a virtue to them. When your mind is prepped to be submissive and 'open' to the absurd, you're far more inclined to believe that a clown who shits on a golden toilet can solve all your problems. I don't know how many times these people can be conned without snapping out of it, and I've frankly stopped caring except as it impacts the Norms.

The evidence suggests that conservatives want to be ruled by a dictator. I think conservatives are very timid, gullible and submissive by nature, and don't know what to do with themselves without someone telling them how to behave. One of the foundations of modern conservatism is based on surrendering critical thought, disregarding all evidence and submitting to a dictator. This is considered a virtue to them. When your mind is prepped to be submissive and 'open' to the absurd, you're far more inclined to believe that a clown who shits on a golden toilet can solve all your problems. I don't know how many times these people can be conned without snapping out of it, and I've frankly stopped caring except as it impacts the Norms.

Time for a good old fashioned ass whooping.
It is what they have been threatening since at least 1994, 2000 to be sure, and definitely in the open since 2009.
And in the last couple of years the threats have reached the point where everyone, even the tragically and deliberately uninformed, are now keenly aware of it.

Trump fans have been "selling WOOF tickets" ever since he began campaigning, and they've been actively upping the ante since he took office.
And now they're attempting to shore up popular support amongst the rubes and yokels by attaching Goebbelian rhetoric projecting as victims, all while continuing to storm state capitals while heavily armed and committing fraudulent acts of provocation while posing as extremist opposition players.

Again, I didn't ask if he is able to put down civil unrest either.
And in regards to "The anti-Trumpers accepted him once before, they'll do it again if he successfully rigs this election." - - I don't think you've been paying much attention.

Yes it sells. No question it does sell. It is a somewhat more of a surprise that it sells here but Globally it has often sold.

America has been historically Isolationist and somewhat independent both as a country and as individuals and that is what makes it something of a surprise here. Looking for a single Mussolini like leader, washing our hands of personal and societal responsibility and literally saying "let Donald do it" or let any single man do it is not our MO. But nobody but old farts like me know the history and the actual traditions of this country. Nobody studies American history any longer. They simply bend it to what they want to believe.

Our experience with Monarchy is now 240-250 years in the rear view and not enough of us understand that when a Monarch or an Autocrat decides to turn on you, then its you that is on the wrong side of the fence and said Monarch or Autocrat will deal with you as mercilessly as when you were cheering for his abuses of those that occupied that position before you. "Citizens" are not more than a means to an end for a Monarch or an Autocrat and ultimately NOBODY escapes the lash.

At any rate, the answer is YES. In the current environment and in some quarters of the US it does sell........STUUUUUUPID, but it does sell.

Last edited:
I think conservatives are very timid, gullible and submissive by nature
What is your opinion on mask wearing? Saving the planet? Black Lives Matter?

So would that mean Melania is not a “real American” because her family wasn’t here a generation ago?

Nice open xenophobia you have there.
I think that's enough of your flavor of bigotry.

What is your opinion on mask wearing? Saving the planet? Black Lives Matter?

1) Wearing a mask? I believe the science and support mask-wearing.
2) Saving the Planet? I'm for it.
3) Black Lives Matter? Yes, absolutely.

Was that was that supposed to stump me? Also, could you please answer those same questions?

1) Wearing a mask? I believe the science and support mask-wearing.
2) Saving the Planet? I'm for it.
3) Black Lives Matter? Yes, absolutely.
So our resident non-gullible non-submissive person believes everything the media tells him without question.

Good to know.

So our resident non-gullible non-submissive person believes everything the media tells him without question.

Good to know.

Or maybe you just picked some very, very bad examples to try to 'get' me on.

You also could have asked me what my opinion of the Moon Landing or Flat Earth theory is.

Or maybe you just picked some very, very bad examples to try to 'get' me on.
Is there anything you believe that's at odds with prevailing orthodoxy?

Most people in every nation want a dictatorship if it implements policies that those people like.

When (as is likely) the Biden-Harris administration takes over on January 20, the people who voted for it will want it to continue in office forever as long as it does what they like. Already there is talk about packing the Supreme Court in order to override the decisions of conservative justices. No doubt such a move would be peachy keen to most Dems.

and would certainly convince a Republican Congress to carry out his wish, along with Trump's base cheering him on, perhaps this is what we should give the American people, including the other roughly 48% anti-Trumpers who view Trump as a cancer on democracy. If the majority of Americans want a dictatorship--if they feel that Congress is so corrupt it is beyond saving and that Trump is the only honest politician in Washington DC who is looking out for their favor, then we should give the American people exactly what they want--the end of democracy in American and establishing a dictatorship. Seems fair.

This statement is incorrect. I don't want a dictatorship in the United States. I want the government we have now -- a DEMOCRACY. Which is why I'll be voting for Biden on Election Day. He wants to keep our present government, not destroy it.

When the Democrats talk about ending the fillibuster, packing the courts, ending the EC and admitting states, all as a means to ensure their electoral success, it should be obvious who is being dictatorial.
And who has just spent four years packing the court, not the Dems. For almost 30 years every time the GOP has controlled the Senate with a Dem president, they have refused to approve court appointees. So now they have packed our Federal Courts with over 100 right wingers, many who have no business being on the courts as they did not have the background in training and education or court experience. The only thing they do have is total loyalty to the GOP and will do as the GOP tells them and not what is in our constitution. So do not blabber about packing the courts as the GOP are the ones who have done so.

Yes it sells. No question it does sell. It is a somewhat more of a surprise that it sells here but Globally it has often sold.

America has been historically Isolationist and somewhat independent both as a country and as individuals and that is what makes it something of a surprise here. Looking for a single Mussolini like leader, washing our hands of personal and societal responsibility and literally saying "let Donald do it" or let any single man do it is not our MO. But nobody but old farts like me know the history and the actual traditions of this country. Nobody studies American history any longer. They simply bend it to what they want to believe.

Our experience with Monarchy is now 240-250 years in the rear view and not enough of us understand that when a Monarch or an Autocrat decides to turn on you, then its you that is on the wrong side of the fence and said Monarch or Autocrat will deal with you as mercilessly as when you were cheering for his abuses of those that occupied that position before you. "Citizens" are not more than a means to an end for a Monarch or an Autocrat and ultimately NOBODY escapes the lash.

At any rate, the answer is YES. In the current environment and in some quarters of the US it does sell........STUUUUUUPID, but it does sell.

I know, I am an old fart, too and I majored in History and English, and I know you're right.
And as we BOTH KNOW, those periods IN our history when we HAVE moved in that direction are the time periods when we have done some of the absolute worst things to our fellow man.

There might not BE an America left after this go round.

Back
Top Bottom