• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Perhaps The Majority of Americans WANT A Dictatorship

I have a serious question. Do you actually believe this?^

If trump said it, I believe it. Rule No 1 with Trump is that even when he sounds like he's joking he's serious. He once said, "I never joke". Remember that.

If it really IS the real actual majority and not the culled and cherry picked (through vote suppression) astroturfed fake majority, then it cannot be stopped.
Fine, so when the next Brooks Brothers Riot occurs, it's okay if each and every Brooks Brothers rioter is SHOT on sight.
After all, if violence against rioters is now APPROVED, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
That way we can be assured of a pure and honest vote count.

If those who want dictatorship cannot achieve their goal without cheating, then they have no right nor quarter.
And thus the response for them to consider when demanding a dictatorship is: "Over my dead body" because eventually, if they continue to try cheating to get their way, it will mean exactly that.

Too many Americans have fought and died to preserve republican constitutional democracy.
That fight will never ever end.

It will depend on the actual results of an honest election. If Trump wins in an honest election then obviously the majority of people want him to win. If Trump is striving for an autocracy which he clearly is and the majority of Americans vote him in knowing he wants an autocracy then clearly they want an autocracy too. "Autocracy" is just a pretty word for dictatorship.

It’s fundamental Christianity. I sometimes watch the Christian broadcast channel, and it’s mostly Republican talking points. They have fused religion and extremely partisan politics into one.

I agree that there’s an element of hatred involved. I also believe that these Christian Trump supporters have forgotten a lot about their fundamental beliefs, because they’re not standing for compassion, human rights, or the rights of other people. There’s no excuse for border camps and internment camps. There is no excuse for the hypocrisy on Clinton’s behavior and now Trump’s.

Christians have lost a lot of credibility. I have stopped giving their organizations and churches money. I donate to help refugees now

I've always said fundamentalist Christianity is probably the most damaging institution ever devised in this country.

Why? Do you deny that Trump wants a 3rd term and wouldn't hesitate to force it through if he could? Should we give it to him if the majority of Americans, say 53% want him to stay in office? You see, Mycroft, your little one-word profnae dismissals are just a waste of good forum space unless you expend a little effort to explain yourself.

Plenty of presidents have wanted a third term. Reagan openly talked about how he wished he could run for and win a third term. Pretty sure Clinton did as well.

None of that means we're in danger of becoming a dictatorship.

Plenty of presidents have wanted a third term. Reagan openly talked about how he wished he could run for and win a third term. Pretty sure Clinton did as well.

None of that means we're in danger of becoming a dictatorship.

We ARE in danger of becoming a dictatorship. Read the Atlantic article by Barton Gellman if you truly want to know how much danger this Republic is in between Nov 3 and Jan 21. Read how Nancy Pelosi could stall the decision process in the House indefinitely and wind up becoming a 3rd president alongside Biden and Trump. Sample:

Before Pence can move on from Pennsylvania to Rhode Island, which is next on the alphabetical list as Congress counts the vote, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi expels all senators from the floor of her chamber. Now Pence is prevented from completing the count “in the presence of” the House, as the Constitution requires. Pelosi announces plans to stall indefinitely. If the count is still incomplete on Inauguration Day, the speaker herself will become acting president.

It's a riveting article, one that everyone here should read to get an idea of the crisis we face should Trump follow through with his plan to sabotage the election.

If trump said it, I believe it. Rule No 1 with Trump is that even when he sounds like he's joking he's serious. He once said, "I never joke". Remember that.
my god...the zombies have arrived.

My bigotry? AmNat is one saying that “real Americans” are only people whose family were here a generation ago.

You mind citing that, or are you giving you're own opinion of what AmNat said?
Because you also implied that AmNat was fascist. Which I don't really think many people, who keep tossing that designation out, actually know what qualifies as fascism/fascist.

Back
Top Bottom