• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Perhaps The Majority of Americans WANT A Dictatorship

According to you guys, anytime he says anything that could possibly be seen as negative, he was just joking. Of course, when he says he doesn’t joke, we’re supposed to not believe him then, right?
LOL!!

Poor you. You don't know WHAT to think, do you?

Perhaps you should give up your TDS.

I do deny that.

Seriously...you should learn to detect when Trump is trolling you.

Ah, Trump is yanking our collective chains. I see. But psychologists say that when an autocrat says something, even jokingly, you should believe there is seriousness behind the joke. As a mature adult, you should know that, Mycroft.

He and Xi have a special bond. They shared the most beautiful piece of chocolate cake ever at Mar-A-Lago. And they have such great chemistry, he says.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...olate-cake-great-chemistry-china-s-xi-n745931
images

Ah, Trump is yanking our collective chains. I see. But psychologists say that when an autocrat says something, even jokingly, you should believe there is seriousness behind the joke. As a mature adult, you should know that, Mycroft.
He's not yanking "our collective chains". He's yanking "your collective chains".

In any case, Trump isn't an autocrat.

He's not yanking "our collective chains". He's yanking "your collective chains".

In any case, Trump isn't an autocrat.

A lot of people believe Trump really wants a 3rd term. It's simple to say, "He's not serious." Until it happens. 😱

A lot of people believe Trump really wants a 3rd term. It's simple to say, "He's not serious." Until it happens. 😱
A lot of people are stupid people suffering from TDS.

Let me know when it happens.

When the Democrats talk about ending the fillibuster, packing the courts, ending the EC and admitting states, all as a means to ensure their electoral success, it should be obvious who is being dictatorial.
WRONG. It's called payback.

A lot of people are stupid people suffering from TDS.

Let me know when it happens.

Would you like to make a wager? Put your signature block where your mouth is?

I think the case has pretty much been forcefully made that Trump, far from respecting democracy, would like to nuke it and install himself in the Presidency for life as his friends Vladimir Putin and Kim Jong Un have done. And the fact that nearly 50% of Americans know this and still support him unwaveringly is a strong indication they wouldn't mind him repealing the 22nd Amendment and staying in office indefinitely. So if a majority of Americans reelect Trump, knowing that he has said on a number of occasions he would love to be in for a 3rd and 4th term

"President Trump said Saturday that he plans to “negotiate” to run again in 2024 if he wins reelection in November"

and would certainly convince a Republican Congress to carry out his wish, along with Trump's base cheering him on, perhaps this is what we should give the American people, including the other roughly 48% anti-Trumpers who view Trump as a cancer on democracy. If the majority of Americans want a dictatorship--if they feel that Congress is so corrupt it is beyond saving and that Trump is the only honest politician in Washington DC who is looking out for their favor, then we should give the American people exactly what they want--the end of democracy in American and establishing a dictatorship. Seems fair.
If people are so naive that they don't understand what it would mean to exist under an autocracy, they should understand one thing if nothing else. A democracy doesn't get destroyed and become an autocracy then one day just shift back to a democracy. No, that's never going to happen. So when people naively believe that a Trump dictatorship would be better than a democracy under Joe Biden, they need to understand some hard facts. There will no longer be a meaningful, enforceable Constitution. Under an oligarchy/dictatorship, a 'constitution' doesn't exist and won't exist ever again. If anyone from the right cries 'oh we already had a dictator in Obama!' No, that's careless and indicates that they don't have the vaguest idea what it will be like without human rights, legal rights, voting rights, the right to equality, the right to a fair hearing, the right to protest, etc. I can go on all day as to what will be lost forever once democracy is gone.

The 'States' which I will collectively refer to this country since we would no longer be 'united', would be governed solely by laws made by a mere handful of autocrats. Trump isn't going to rule in a vacuum. Trump needs a critical mass of a few thousands of cogs in his machinery, to commandeer the state, to preside over kangaroo courts, legislators, lawyers, judges, military officer corps, economists, sociologists, and many other professionals. There will be no check on his power. There will no longer be three branches of government. People will pay whatever they tell you that you have to pay in taxes. People will work where they tell them where to work. People will be allowed to travel where they tell people they can travel. If they choose to order everyone across the board in every state to to lock-down and wear a mask, you better do it, otherwise you will face hefty fines or prison if you don't.

Remember why you grew up and moved out of your parents home? You didn't like being watched, monitored, told how to act and how to live your life. If you liked that then you'll enjoy living under a dictator, because under an autocracy/dictatorship you'll feel like you're back in mom's basement but you'll be taking your orders from the government instead of mom.

There's only one that's able to be back into the genie's bottle, and she's a cartoon. This is real life and once this genie is let out of the bottle and democracy is gone, there's no way in hell to get it back in that bottle.

Genie.gif

We’re betting on Trump. Are you saying he’s stupid?
Oh...I thought you wanted to bet on what you say people are saying.

Never mind.

Oh...I thought you wanted to bet on what you say people are saying.

Never mind.

Nope, I want to bet on if Trump will try to “negotiate a third term” if he wins in November.

I think the case has pretty much been forcefully made that Trump, far from respecting democracy, would like to nuke it and install himself in the Presidency for life as his friends Vladimir Putin and Kim Jong Un have done. And the fact that nearly 50% of Americans know this and still support him unwaveringly is a strong indication they wouldn't mind him repealing the 22nd Amendment and staying in office indefinitely. So if a majority of Americans reelect Trump, knowing that he has said on a number of occasions he would love to be in for a 3rd and 4th term

"President Trump said Saturday that he plans to “negotiate” to run again in 2024 if he wins reelection in November"

and would certainly convince a Republican Congress to carry out his wish, along with Trump's base cheering him on, perhaps this is what we should give the American people, including the other roughly 48% anti-Trumpers who view Trump as a cancer on democracy. If the majority of Americans want a dictatorship--if they feel that Congress is so corrupt it is beyond saving and that Trump is the only honest politician in Washington DC who is looking out for their favor, then we should give the American people exactly what they want--the end of democracy in American and establishing a dictatorship. Seems fair.
:poop:

And the fact that nearly 50% of Americans know this and still support him unwaveringly is a strong indication they wouldn't mind him repealing the 22nd Amendment and staying in office indefinitely.

A Trump dictatorship is certainly preferable to progressivism. I don't think anyone would disagree with that.

Nope, I want to bet on if Trump will try to “negotiate a third term” if he wins in November.
Nah. Go find someone else to take your money. I don't need it.

You are dismissed.

Someone tweeted this to Trump in February and he loved it so much he not only re-tweeted it, he pinned it to his account. Do you really believe that Trump doesn't plan to remain in power until he dies?

Someone tweeted this to Trump in February and he loved it so much he not only re-tweeted it, he pinned it to his account. Do you really believe that Trump doesn't plan to remain in power until he dies?

Oh, yeah, based on this silly vid, I've totally changed my mind! Trump is planning on barricade himself in the WH and ruling the country from the Situation Room!! :rolleyes:

Great.
Now all this majority has to do is explain how they expect this dictatorship to actually work.
So far, the growing pains have destroyed the economy, our cities, race relations, the environment, and killed a couple of hundred thousand people and brought us to the edge of civil war.

Make a case for a "benevolent" Trump dictatorship and let's see if it can sell.

WRONG. It's called payback.

No it isn't.

Endless payback is not the way to go however stopping the hemorrhaging is, and I doubt I am alone in saying that this is a defense against encroaching authoritarianism. It is quite clear that Trump's tenure has exposed some serious flaws in our Constitution with regard to due process, rule of law, checks and balances and even the democratic process of voting itself.

Oh, yeah, based on this silly vid, I've totally changed my mind! Trump is planning on barricade himself in the WH and ruling the country from the Situation Room!! :rolleyes:
You got that partially correct. Trump won't have to barricade himself at all, he'll be free as a bird to go wherever he wants to go just like he does now. Expect to see him on the golf course even more than he ordinarily is. No, he'll just be out there doing his little thing, whatever it is his heart desires.

Back
Top Bottom