• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pentagon Survey: Most troops wouldn't oppose serving with gays

CriticalThought

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
There you have it.

Most troops wouldn't oppose serving with gays

A majority of active-duty and reserve service members surveyed by the Defense Department would not object to serving and living alongside openly gay troops, according to multiple people familiar with the findings.

The survey's results are expected to be included in a Pentagon report, due to President Obama on Dec. 1, regarding how the military would end enforcement of the "don't ask, don't tell" law that bans openly gay men and lesbians from serving in uniform.

So let's do the math...

DADT found unconstitutional - check
DADT found to endanger national security and hurt military readiness- check
DADT opposed by most Americans - check
DADT opposed by most troops -check

Hm...I think this one is checkmate. Repeal the damn thing.

i would say the gay troops wouldn't mind and the non-gay troops not worried about their manhood wouldn't mind it is the non-gay troops that have a problem with their own manhood that would have a problem with it.

Talk to your president, your congress and your house. All Democrat controlled. Those homophobic bigots.

Talk to your president, your congress and your house. All Democrat controlled. Those homophobic bigots.

your implied support of the end of DADT is duly noted

so, then you do not support the repeal of DADT and you instead support the homophobic bigots. pick your poison rev

so, then you do not support the repeal of DADT and you instead support the homophobic bigots. pick your poison rev

How in the world did you come up with that illogical nonsense? :lamo

Seriously dood, put up the money or apologize to me for your lies about the Greatness that is the Good Reverend. You do have a sliver of integrity don't you?

How in the world did you come up with that illogical nonsense? :lamo

Seriously dood, put up the money or apologize to me for your lies about the Greatness that is the Good Reverend. You do have a sliver of integrity don't you?

just pointing out your nonsense rev
get used to it

Moderator's Warning:
Final warning folks. Keep it civil! Debate the topic and leave the personal attacks out of it.

DADT opposed by most troops -check

a slight overstatement. don't confuse "I wouldn't mind" with "I support". Troops saying they wouldn't mind serving with gays is not the same as opposing DADT.

I don't mind watching stupid reality shows on TV with my wife, but I don't watch them when she is not around.

You mean the ones who are now, properly, waiting for the release of the Pentagon study. How does waiting for that study, which the Pentagon requested, make them homophobic bigots? Considering you would have thrown a hissy if they had not waited, and you are calling them names for waiting, is the problem with congress and the president, or is it with people who simply whine and cry at anything they do?

You mean the ones who are now, properly, waiting for the release of the Pentagon study. How does waiting for that study, which the Pentagon requested, make them homophobic bigots? Considering you would have thrown a hissy if they had not waited, and you are calling them names for waiting, is the problem with congress and the president, or is it with people who simply whine and cry at anything they do?

I can't respond in kind, I'm following the warning, see the one above by hugh? :2razz:

Repealing a policy that has been in effect for 17 years during two wars without a plan of how to do it?

Sometimes people can put good policy ahead of politics.

At least they had a rational reason to go against it. All your tea party hacks are against it for no other reason than they are homophobic bigots.

Last edited:
Repealing a policy that has been in effect for 17 years during two wars without a plan of how to do it?

Sometimes people can put good policy ahead of politics.

At least they had a rational reason to go against it. All your tea party hacks are against it for no other reason than they are homophobic bigots.

So I'm a homophobic bigot because I am in the tea party? Really?

Did I say you were a homophobic bigot because you are in the tea party?

i want you to tell me about my "tea party hacks".

We are a movement that wants smaller government, lower taxes, and more accountable representatives. I see NOTHING in the tea party about DADT. It would be AKIN to asking MADD about gun control.

We are a movement that wants smaller government, lower taxes, and more accountable representatives. I see NOTHING in the tea party about DADT. It would be AKIN to asking MADD about gun control.

as if everyone else wants larger government, higher taxes and no accountability of our representatives

that's the problem with the teabaggers. they have no clue as to what they actually expect of government ... only that they are pissed

as if everyone else wants larger government, higher taxes and no accountability of our representatives

Our position is not that of an either or thing. Sorry you don't get that.

that's the problem with the teabaggers. they have no clue as to what they actually expect of government ... only that they are pissed

Meh, I'll heed the warning and not react to your baiting.

Oh people like Cristine O'Donnell, Carl Paladino, Ken Buck, Rand Paul, etc. who are against repeal of DADT for no real rational reason.

We are a movement that wants smaller government, lower taxes, and more accountable representatives.

No, the tea party is nothing but a corporate fabricated mob that seeks to elect people who will further deregulation of the markets and lower taxes on the wealithiest Americans with no real way of paying for it other than spending cuts they will never make. It's the same old Republican trick played out a hundred times before, cut taxes but refuse to cut any spending. You right wingers just love to buy into the same hoax every election season. It gets sad after awhile.

I see NOTHING in the tea party about DADT. It would be AKIN to asking MADD about gun control.

Find me one tea party supported candidate who supports repeal of DADT.

Last edited:
You right wingers just love to buy into the same hoax every election season. It gets sad after awhile.

and the winner of today's "pot meet kettle partisan hack" award goes to.... CT in a landslide.

and the winner of today's "pot meet kettle partisan hack" award goes to.... CT in a landslide.

FYI, I didn't vote for Obama or any democrats either. I get to poke fun at both sides of the political spectrum.

Rand paul is about the same on gay rights crap as obama. Please.

Tea party is a movement not a party.

Back
Top Bottom