• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pentagon Survey: Most troops wouldn't oppose serving with gays

You can be fractionally in favor of someone's rights? Interesting position to take ...

Are you really that absolutist in your thinking? You either are 100% for someone's rights or 100% against them? So even if Obama supports repeal of DADT, supports repeal of DOMA, supports civil unions, etc. as long as he doesn't support same sex marriage then he is as anti gay rights as the Westboro Baptist Church in your eyes? Interesting way to view the world.

Are you really that absolutist in your thinking? You either are 100% for someone's rights or 100% against them? So even if Obama supports repeal of DADT, supports repeal of DOMA, supports civil unions, etc. as long as he doesn't support same sex marriage then he is as anti gay rights as the Westboro Baptist Church in your eyes? Interesting way to view the world.
So you think it is intellectually consistent to say, "yeah, you folks can get married, but you can't be in the military"?

I don't.

So you think it is intellectually consistent to say, "yeah, you folks can get married, but you can't be in the military"?

I don't.

It's like the old redneck who says "black folks are ok...as long as they don't move in next door or try to date my daughter"

Chris christie supports civil unions.

No, he supports "contractual rights" not civil unions. He also supports a Federal Marriage Amendment, which is something that Obama does not support.

Why aren't you as hard on Obama on this? please do explain this discrepency.

Because Obama only doesn't support 1 gay rights issue and your tea party brats are against all gay rights issues.

I don't.

I didn't vote for him because he doesn't support that one issue, but I certainly recognize that he supports more of my rights than the tea party brats do.

I didn't vote for him because he doesn't support that one issue, but I certainly recognize that he supports more of my rights than the tea party brats do.

so since you don't want to be in the military anyway...Obama gets a pass on not supporting that issue? would you feel the same way if the only gay rights issue he did not support was marriage?

"Tea party brats"?

Think you could maybe grow up a little? Or is that some of that "CriticalThought" we're seeing?

Anyway, you didn't answer the question.

"Tea party brats"?

Think you could maybe grow up a little? Or is that some of that "CriticalThought" we're seeing?

Anyway, you didn't answer the question.

I'm suppose to grow up? Compared to Ken Buck who compared me to an alcoholic? Compared to O'Donnell who said I have an identity disorder? Compared to Paladino who said I'm out brainwashing children? I'm suppose to grow up?

Because Obama only doesn't support 1 gay rights issue and your tea party brats are against all gay rights issues.

What if I started calling the gay rights movement the "gay whiners" or the "gay brats" in every single post? Would you be ok with that, to refer to your "gay rights tantrum tossers" as such?

Please show some maturity for once.

The Tea party is about smaller government, lower taxes, and more accountable representatives, where you stick your **** is nothing we care about. Again, it's like going after the ACLU for not supporting animal rights.

I'm suppose to grow up? Compared to Ken Buck who compared me to an alcoholic? Compared to O'Donnell who said I have an identity disorder? Compared to Paladino who said I'm out brainwashing children? I'm suppose to grow up?
He mentioned you by name? Damn ...

Anyway, you still avoided my question. I'm not surprised. :shrug:

well, since none of them post on this forum...I'd have to say, yes.

He mentioned you by name? Damn ...

I happen to be one of those darn tootin gay peoples, so yeah. Or were they thinkin, "Boy I mean this about all gay people but ol' CriticalThought, he is the exception to the rule."

Anyway, you still avoided my question. I'm not surprised. :shrug:

Because what you guys are doing is retarded. You are claiming that I need to be as pissed at Obama for supporting most gay rights as I am at the tea party brats who are completely against gay rights. If anything, you guys are the ones in serious need of some critical thinking.

I happen to be one of those darn tootin gay peoples, so yeah. Or were they thinkin, "Boy I mean this about all gay people but ol' CriticalThought, he is the exception to the rule."

Because what you guys are doing is retarded. You are claiming that I need to be as pissed at Obama for supporting most gay rights as I am at the tea party brats who are completely against gay rights. If anything, you guys are the ones in serious need of some critical thinking.

I happen to be one of those "tea party brats" and I think your bigotry is quite ironic here.

Mmm-hmm.

I'll leave you to your paranoid delusions and juvenile name-calling then. Obviously any rational debate with you on these issues is not possible.

I think you are being disingenuous because the only "right" that Obama doesn't support is one that you never plan on exercising anyway...therefore he gets a pass from you.

would you still give Obama a pass if he supported gays in the military but not gay marriage?

What if I started calling the gay rights movement the "gay whiners" or the "gay brats" in every single post? Would you be ok with that, to refer to your "gay rights tantrum tossers" as such?

If you want to do so, feel free. Freedom of speech bud. I can respect your rights.

As far as I'm concerned, people who don't respect my rights do not deserve my respect.

Please show some maturity for once.

How bout showing why you are a moderator and stop indulging in personal attacks against members on the forum. I'm only calling certain represenative leaders of the tea party brats, but you are specifically calling me immature.

The Tea party is about smaller government, lower taxes, and more accountable representatives, where you stick your **** is nothing we care about. Again, it's like going after the ACLU for not supporting animal rights.

The tea party is a bunch of bull. It's the same Republican tactic that has been used time and time again. Get elected with a bag full of promises, cut taxes, and don't do a damn thing about spending so the country is left off worse than it was and the only richest people in the country are any better off.

I happen to be one of those "tea party brats" and I think your bigotry is quite ironic here.

I'm sorry, are you O'Donnell or Buck or Palidino or some other elected tea party representative? If not, then when did I call you a brat?

As far as I'm concerned, people who don't respect my rights do not deserve my respect.

unless it's Obama...oh wait, he supports all the rights you actually care about. nevermind

Mmm-hmm.

I'll leave you to your paranoid delusions and juvenile name-calling then. Obviously any rational debate with you on these issues is not possible.

What ratoinal debate? All you have done is argue that I should be as angry at Obama for not supporting 1 gay right as I am at the tea party brats who don't support any of them?

If you want to do so, feel free. Freedom of speech bud. I can respect your rights.

you know poll's of most black folk, they too are against gay marriage, same with latinos I believe.

Let's see you stereotype all of them as "black and latino brats"

How bout showing why you are a moderator and stop indulging in personal attacks against members on the forum. I'm only calling certain represenative leaders of the tea party brats, but you are specifically calling me immature.

Uhm I am not a moderator. :failpail:

Stereotyping entire movements and people is either inmature thinking or its much more malevolent. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.

The tea party is a bunch of bull. It's the same Republican tactic that has been used time and time again. Get elected with a bag full of promises, cut taxes, and don't do a damn thing about spending so the country is left off worse than it was and the only richest people in the country are any better off.

Then why is the tea party in more than one instance causing problems for several republicans?

Please do tell...

Or you know what, don't tell, I'm outa here. Not worth my time to deal with hyper-prejudiced individuals. Later d00d.

I think you are being disingenuous because the only "right" that Obama doesn't support is one that you never plan on exercising anyway...therefore he gets a pass from you.

**** you. I would love to marry a man some day.

would you still give Obama a pass if he supported gays in the military but not gay marriage?

I didn't give Obama a pass. I didn't vote for him.

Stereotyping entire movements and people is either inmature thinking or its much more malevolent. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Screw it. I guess the lesson of the day is you can deny and strip gay people of all their rights, but it is okay because Obama doesn't support same sex marriage.

When did I say that? Really so not worth it. Later dood.

That is what you have spent this thread arguing. I'm suppose to be as pissed at Obama, who supports all but one gay right, as I am at people who support no gay rights and who compare me to an alcoholic, claim I have an identity disorder, and I am out brainwashing children. And it seems to be alright that they do that because Obama doesn't support same sex marriage. Yeah, I can tell who the hyper prejudice person is.

Back
Top Bottom