• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Only a few days until I leave for boot camp

I’m solooking forwar to meeting everyone

Just a lot of nerves

Self confidence issues and stuff.

Just got to take a deep breath

Thank you!
Just remember attention to detail. They will tell you exactly how they want you to do things. Follow it to the letter. You will do great.

Lol it's an old post.

Gee suuuuuure you did 😂 That’s sure as shit not what you said at the time, bud.

What, was your crystal ball acting up or something?

I told you that reality was about to slap you on side the head. Post #21

It did............. and they sent you home.

We both know why.

Just remember attention to detail. They will tell you exactly how they want you to do things. Follow it to the letter. You will do great.

Lol it's an old post.

Yep, not sure why he came back to it in the first place.

I told you that reality was about to slap you on side the head. Post #21

It did............. and they sent you home.

We both know why.

Oh, I know precisely why. I’ve said it multiple times on this board.

You, on the other hand, are just clinging to a fantasy you invented because it makes you feel better.

Oh, I know precisely why. I’ve said it multiple times on this board.

You, on the other hand, are just clinging to a fantasy you invented because it makes you feel better.

We can both say whatever we like on the internet........right?

We can both say whatever we like on the internet........right?

Gee bud, if I was going to lie about boot camp, why would I lie about going home, of all things?

Your conspiracy theory is silly.

How the hell is that possible

Ahhhhhhh

I hope my ****ing stomach doesn’t **** things up for me

I’m so nervous

But so excited

I’m going to miss beer and tv and bars but I’m still excited

Ahhhh
You will be fine.
Just do what you are told. Focus on that. Be Forrest Gump. The Drill and Tacs are there to rattle you. They want you to succeed. They do not want you to fail. They have a job to do, and that is make you into someone you did not ever believe you could become. Always remember that. Wade in that. As for beer and tv, you will be surprised how much you do not miss them. You will only be thinking too much of hitting the rack and sleeping or eating when you are there.

As soon as he blogged about going to boot camp I knew he was ****ed. There was just no way that he wouldn't be sent home.
Well at least he wasn't thrown out in disgrace like Hunter Biden.

As soon as he blogged about going to boot camp I knew he was ****ed. There was just no way that he wouldn't be sent home.

The post I respond to is from 10/12/22.
The post it responded to is from 2/2/22

USN, you might as well post scanned Xeroxes (best shading) of your ass . . .

Some of us know about a current feud between @Tigerace117 and @Fledermaus . Some of us also know Tigerace uses the word “bud” as a pejorative.

Before Tigerace enlisted, I winced when he called out @Rogue Valley . I saw it as a naive, bright, well-meaning kid taking on a strong, honorable intelligent vet. Of course, I sided with Rogue.

Tigerace posted he dreamed about a future as a solder from the age of 8. Now that he washed out out of Army in less than 70days earlier this year, he has posted the experience no longer bothers him. Hmm.

I think if Tigerace had eschewed college and gone directly into the military, he would have completed Basic Training. Waiting to enlist after college put him light years ahead academically and intellectually over most teenagers. I consider him way way smarter than most of the kids who go into the military directly out of high school.

Obstensibly, he didn’t make it through due to a recurring and unspecified curable medical condition. I certainly understand why he might not want to disclose more about it.

I think once he got there, he realized pretty quick, he really did not want to become a soldier. I think the Drill Instructors realized it too. They booted him. Win-Win! When reality fizzles our dreams, we tend to move on and find something else to focus on.

I started college thinking I wanted a career as a CPA. Reality fizzled my dream. I finished with a management degree and became a career real estate broker.

My older brother graduated high school in 1967. Drafted a year or two later for Vietnam, he refused to report, eventually obtaining a medical deferment. In 1978, by then a college grad, he enlisted in the Army, did not pursue OCS. He quickly realized he did not fit in. Army flew him home, gave him one month’s pay and an Honorable Discharge.

My brother with Joe Biden (maybe 1988 DNC Atlanta?):

Attachments

• E7AB0DDE-F629-4E0E-81DD-87ADD1FB2D09.jpeg
    E7AB0DDE-F629-4E0E-81DD-87ADD1FB2D09.jpeg
    337.7 KB · Views: 10
Some of us know about a current feud between @Tigerace117 and @Fledermaus . Some of us also know Tigerace uses the word “bud” as a pejorative.

Before Tigerace enlisted, I winced when he called out @Rogue Valley . I saw it as a naive, bright, well-meaning kid taking on a strong, honorable intelligent vet. Of course, I sided with Rogue.

Tigerace posted he dreamed about a future as a solder from the age of 8. Now that he washed out out of Army in less than 70days earlier this year, he has posted the experience no longer bothers him. Hmm.

I think if Tigerace had eschewed college and gone directly into the military, he would have completed Basic Training. Waiting to enlist after college put him light years ahead academically and intellectually over most teenagers. I consider him way way smarter than most of the kids who go into the military directly out of high school.

Obstensibly, he didn’t make it through due to a recurring and unspecified curable medical condition. I certainly understand why he might not want to disclose more about it.

I think once he got there, he realized pretty quick, he really did not want to become a soldier. I think the Drill Instructors realized it too. They booted him. Win-Win! When reality fizzles our dreams, we tend to move on and find something else to focus on.

I started college thinking I wanted a career as a CPA. Reality fizzled my dream. I finished with a management degree and became a career real estate broker.

My older brother graduated high school in 1967. Drafted a year or two later for Vietnam, he refused to report, eventually obtaining a medical deferment. In 1978, by then a college grad, he enlisted in the Army, did not pursue OCS. He quickly realized he did not fit in. Army flew him home, gave him one month’s pay and an Honorable Discharge.

You remember too practically all of us were supportive of his choices and empathetic to his being tossed.

Until he turned into the spiteful person he is today.

He makes his own bed at this point.

The people who went into the military straight out of high school struggled a LOT more than the rest of us at BCT.

And yes, I am not giving random strangers any concrete details about my medical issues. Sorry.

Oh look, Sergeant Poodle is, as usual, trying to blame everyone else for his own pathetic fixations and constant whining.

As usual.

According to personal experience.

Duh.

The people who went into the military straight out of high school struggled a LOT more than the rest of us at BCT.

And yes, I am not giving random strangers any concrete details about my medical issues. Sorry.
Glad you got a firsthand dose of the military and saw the light!

My brother left me a message. He took the photos with Biden in 1985 at a Young Democrats of America Convention in Miami, FL.

Stay true to you! You have a Bright Future ahead!

Has @Tigerace117 shared what led to him leaving the military? You have to try hard to get sent home

Its not a struggle. It's called persevering.

Its not a struggle. It's called persevering.

They just flat out had a harder time than the older guys. Falling asleep on firewatch, losing stuff, just generally being disorganized.

More Sergeant Poodle whining and moaning because he can't bear to face reality, as usual.

Glad you got a firsthand dose of the military and saw the light!

My brother left me a message. He took the photos with Biden in 1985 at a Young Democrats of America Convention in Miami, FL.

Stay true to you! You have a Bright Future ahead!

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom