• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Offended by a black Santa?[W:113] (1 Viewer)

Re: Offended by a black Santa?

Are you mad that Mrs Claus here isn't old?
Your question is just silly.
How does the age depicted change what is being argued?
You don't think that Micky could be shown as an earlier age?

As for mad? iLOL No anger on my part. I am laughing at those who argue against the reality I have submitted here.
At most, I become perplexed by willful ignorance and failure to admit they are wrong, but I do not get mad or even angry about something like this.

Sinterklaas was created as white man. Fact.
He was created to represent Saint Nicholas's giving. Fact.
The forensic scientists updated their findings and have shown that he was white.
If you do not think that the image provided is white, maybe your definition of what is considered white nowadays isn't large enough.

I appreciate you laughing at yourself (did you know you're using the "LOL" wrong by the way?)

But really, I wont repeat myself. I'm just sad you have problems with brown and black people.
There you go again making things up to believe (on all counts) as deflection after getting shown wrong.
It truly is sad that you engage in this pattern of behavior instead acknowledging were you are wrong.

no matter what you say ,excon believes santa was whiter than white
iLOL
Your problem appears that you do know that he was created that way and will always be that way no matter who or how many want to appropriate him.
His helpers are irrelevant to that.

How do you know he's white? Ever seen him before? He could be green, or orange like Trump.
You should really learn the history of the figure we are discussing before replying.
Sinterklaas was created as a white man.

Are you mad that Mrs Claus here isn't old?

76188e68ec6d5249f3f216f68c919927.jpg
I'm a believer.

There you go again making things up to believe (on all counts) as deflection after getting shown wrong.
It truly is sad that you engage in this pattern of behavior instead acknowledging were you are wrong.
I'm sorry your a history denier. Almost as sad as your posts showing problems with brown and black people.

Santa isn't real. Why are we talking about history?

Elves have been historically depicted as both tiny figures in trees who make cookies, and tall immortals who possess superhuman precision with a bow and arrow, and also the guys who make all of Santa's toys for him. Depicting fictional characters as slightly different fictional characters isn't some assault on history.

I'm sorry your a history denier. Almost as sad as your posts showing problems with brown and black people.
iLOL
You again make up something to believe.

As you have already been corrected, you are now being dishonest.
That is what is sad here. And it is even more sad because you are doing it in an attempt to deflect from being wrong.

Perhaps the government could conduct non-racist certifications. The score could be kept in a database and be considered during the employment process.

No, people are free to be racist dumb ****s if they wish to be. Just as I am free to call them racist dumb ****s for it.

That's a good looking Santa for sure.

Triggering
You think she's hot or you hate the stereotype? I must know, the ambiguity triggered me!

I'm sorry but confuse your four year old on the issue? :lol: You're already blatantly lying to them about basically everything to do with Santa yet draw the line to include Santas of all colors? Okay.

Santa is REAL. So are elves and reindeer that fly. I don't care what anyone says. :2razz:

Your question is just silly.

As for mad? iLOL No anger on my part. I am laughing at those who argue against the reality I have submitted here.
At most, I become perplexed by willful ignorance and failure to admit they are wrong, but I do not get mad or even angry about something like this.

Sinterklaas was created as white man. Fact.
He was created to represent Saint Nicholas's giving. Fact.
The forensic scientists updated their findings and have shown that he was white.
If you do not think that the image provided is white, maybe your definition of what is considered white nowadays isn't large enough.

iLOL
Your problem appears that you do know that he was created that way and will always be that way no matter who or how many want to appropriate him.
His helpers are irrelevant to that.

You should really learn the history of the figure we are discussing before replying.
Sinterklaas was created as a white man.

So you think age can go up and down, but somehow skin color can't change?

Lol...

So you think age can go up and down, but somehow skin color can't change?
Let's try this again.

Your failure to answer just indicates that you know your question was silly.

Age is irrelevant to the argument.

This thread makes me sad for the human race.

The cool things about threads like these is that they bring out the racists: sort of like cops converging on a donut shop. ;)

Moderator's Warning:
Okey doke. It's getting rather heated in here. Please dial back the baiting and snarking.

Let's try this again.

Did you lose your own argument?

Let me refresh your memory:

Damn near every adult knows that the Santa in a Mall is just a helper, not actually Sinterklaas who does happen to be white.

Cultural appropriations?

You said that Sinterklaas is white. You have a description for a character that is specific. Now, you are flip flopping. You are applying a double standard where age is fluid, but skin color is not.

Let's try this again.

Damn near every adult knows that the Santa in a Mall is just a helper, not actually Sinterklaas who does happen to be white. ...

Now; you are basing how the character should appear on what the character is. You are claiming that there is a double standard where age is fluid but skin color is not:

a1085b76014dee8fe5613d9a768a3cd6.jpg

he doesnt know greeks have olive colored skin too

And the physical reproduction model built based on his 2D skull measurements showed St Nicholas to be an olive skinned Greek, not a white Caucasian.

Next the three-dimensional image went to Image Foundry Studios where a digital artist added detail and color to the model. This gave it Greek Mediterranean olive-toned skin, brown eyes, and grey hair and beard, trimmed in 4th century fashion.

However it was a digital artist who made the decision on skin colour. "Truth is" (remembering we're speaking about a fictional guy who can shimmy down tiny chimneys) as the people who created the digital model say "We did not have the physical skull, so we had to recreate it from two-dimensional data. We are bound to have lost some of the level of detail you would get by working from photographs, but we believe this is the closest we are ever going to get to him."

he doesnt know greeks have olive colored skin too
Wrong as usual.

And the physical reproduction model built based on his 2D skull measurements showed St Nicholas to be an olive skinned Greek, not a white Caucasian.
No. The updated version didn't show that.

However it was a digital artist who made the decision on skin colour.
iLOL
Based on the prevalent understanding of the scientific information regarding the area.

, but we believe this is the closest we are ever going to get to him[/I]."
iLOL

And you have nothing to show they are wrong

face-new.jpg

Wrong as usual.

No. The updated version didn't show that.

iLOL
Based on the prevalent understanding of the scientific information regarding the area.

iLOL

And you have nothing to show they are wrong

face-new.jpg

Why do you hate black santa?

Your reply is nonsensical.
Again.

You said that Sinterklaas is white. You have a description for a character that is specific. Now, you are flip flopping. You are applying a double standard where age is fluid, but skin color is not.
Apparently you do not understand that age is irrelevant to the argument.

There is no double standard or flip flop there.
It is hilarious you actually think that. Age and skin color issues are totally distinct.

Now; you are basing how the character should appear on what the character is. You are claiming that there is a double standard where age is fluid but skin color is not:
iLOL
No. That is you imagining things and attempting to interject that which is irrelevant to what I said.
Which is you showing you have no valid argument.

Again.

Why do you hate black santa?
A ignorant response.
Mall Santa's are only Santa helpers. The one in the OP is black.
Sinterklaas however, is not.

A ignorant response.
There is no black Santa, only Santa helpers who are black.

why do you hate a black santa that didn't exist?

why do you hate a black santa that didn't exist?
And again you provide an ignorant response.
You are seeing hatred where there is none. Stop making things up to believe.

And again you provide an ignorant response.
You are seeing hatred where there is none. Stop making things up to believe.

would you like a black santa if he existed ?

would you like a black santa if he existed ?
Irrelevant to the arguments I have made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom