• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Now What !!

Being religious myself, i can only imagine what it's gotta feel like, what with the world going psycho.

Concerning the Media, i always have my shade of doubt, what with all the sensationalizing these days. To me, Islam is another religion that wants to keep this world as sacred as possible.

With the Jyllands-Posten controversy, i thought it was wrong for the Muslims to attack Denmark instead of directly attacking those responsible for issueing the cartoons. Granted, they had all rights to react with anger, but not to the extent of attacking the Danish embassy and boycotts. And did he really know? Honestly, i never knew it was an offense to depict Mohammad until now.

Seeker said:
Being religious myself, i can only imagine what it's gotta feel like, what with the world going psycho.

Concerning the Media, i always have my shade of doubt, what with all the sensationalizing these days. To me, Islam is another religion that wants to keep this world as sacred as possible.

With the Jyllands-Posten controversy, i thought it was wrong for the Muslims to attack Denmark instead of directly attacking those responsible for issueing the cartoons. Granted, they had all rights to react with anger, but not to the extent of attacking the Danish embassy and boycotts. And did he really know? Honestly, i never knew it was an offense to depict Mohammad until now.

It's the freedem of opinion "without a limit" that allowed the newspaper to print those cartoon and that is why we are boycotting..we can't allow any insult to prophet muhammed or even any other prophet as a matter of fact.. to us we believe in Jesus & Moses and you can never see an arabian public newspaper do such a thing.. if there are people who did that before i assure you its behind people's back .. we respect everyone's opinion & beliefs

I totally agree with you that the attacks brought nothing good for anyone and in my very first post i apologized for that behaviour cuz out of 1,300,000,000 muslims there are like 90% who disaproved them

Seeker said:

Check the followig facts:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deir_Yassin_massacre
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabra_and_Shatila_massacre
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qana_massacre

Peaceful Muslim said:

The use of civilian disguise in warfare puts all civilians in danger, so from “Peaceful” Muslim’s link we see that is true:

“One villager has stated that the attackers appeared to have been set off by an Irgun commander's death, still others reported that upon discovering an armed man disguised as a woman, one guerrilla began shooting everyone around, followed by his comrades joining in.”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deir_Yassin_massacre

THAT IS EXACTLY MY POINT!

Let us not forget the aid and comfort to the enemy of the Oslo peace accords: “WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Abu Abbas, a convicted Palestinian terrorist who masterminded the 1985 hijacking of the Italian cruise ship Achille Lauro on which a wheelchair-bound American was killed, was captured by U.S. Special Forces in the outskirts of Baghdad, U.S. Central Command said Tuesday…Palestinian Cabinet member Saeb Erakat said Wednesday that the United States violated the Oslo peace accords when it seized Abbas.
Erakat pointed to the Israeli-Palestinian interim agreement, covering the West Bank and Gaza, that was signed by the United States, Israel, Palestinian Authority, European Union, Russia, Jordan, Egypt and Norway.
That agreement specified that no member of the Palestine Liberation Organization will be arrested or brought to court for any action that happened prior to September 13, 1993, the day the Oslo accord was signed, Erakat said.” http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/04/15/sprj.irq.abbas.arrested/

What inherent right does any people have to be free, to be trusted, or to own a land when even their “civilians” disguise intentions to commit acts of war, while their society defends such criminal savage destruction of the trust needed to safely apply the Golden Rule? Such a people using civilian disguise to facilitate acts of war, and the society that defends such acts, have not only in essence abused the strangers that visited Lut, but have abused everyone by inducing people to be distrustful and inhospitable to strangers they do not know. Such a people are no better than the cities of the plain (Sodom and Gommorrah).

Why should the so-called “Palestinians” suffering be lessened in any degree for the inhospitality they have displayed to their own displaced Semitic kin (the Jews), in violation of agreements on top of it?

Why should the so-called “Palestinians” suffering be lessened in any degree for the inhospitality caused by their use of civilian disguise in warfare?

Peaceful Muslim said:
It's the freedem of opinion "without a limit" that allowed the newspaper to print those cartoon and that is why we are boycotting..we can't allow any insult to prophet muhammed or even any other prophet as a matter of fact.. to us we believe in Jesus & Moses and you can never see an arabian public newspaper do such a thing.. if there are people who did that before i assure you its behind people's back .. we respect everyone's opinion & beliefs

I totally agree with you that the attacks brought nothing good for anyone and in my very first post i apologized for that behaviour cuz out of 1,300,000,000 muslims there are like 90% who disaproved them

The newspaper should have the freedom without limit to express it's opinions. If you don't like it don't by the paper. But reacting like this is not an acceptable answer

Peaceful Muslim said:

It is your hypocricy and dishonesty that knows no limits if you fail to address the offensive gargbage continually vomited forth in Palestinian media.

http://www.pmw.org.il/

Peaceful Muslim said:
(Bold added for emphasis)

You're not going to win this argument here Peaceful Muslim. Religion does not trump civil law in the West. Boycot? That only makes your standard of living even more dismal.

Freedom of speech is protected in every Western society. Religion is subserviant to civil law in every Western society. There are good reasons for why this is so Peaceful Muslim... and perhaps you should ponder them.

If Muslims do indeed respect everyone's opinions and beliefs as you stated above (bold), why do Muslims riot and destroy embassies and boycot against people who offer their opinions and beliefs?

You can't have it all ways Peaceful Muslim. Either Islam is a peaceful religion as Muslims continually preach, or it is something else entirely. Either Muslims respect the opinions and beliefs of others as you say, or they merely respect that which pleases them. Either Muslims can integrate peacefully into the global community, or Muslims are only comfortable with other Muslims.

Once again, you can't have it all ways. You can't say one thing, and then demonstrate the opposite... and you will never win the religion trumps civil law argument in this arena Peaceful Muslim.

Re: Now Whatal !!

Tashah said:

You're not going to win this argument here Peaceful Muslim. Religion does not trump civil law in the West. Boycot? That only makes your standard of living even more dismal.

Freedom of speech is protected in every Western society. Religion is subserviant to civil law in every Western society. There are good reasons for why this is so Peaceful Muslim... and perhaps you should ponder them.

If Muslims do indeed respect everyone's opinions and beliefs as you stated above (bold), why do Muslims riot and destroy embassies and boycot against people who offer their opinions and beliefs?

You can't have it all ways Peaceful Muslim. Either Islam is a peaceful religion as Muslims continually preach, or it is something else entirely. Either Muslims respect the opinions and beliefs of others as you say, or they merely respect that which pleases them. Either Muslims can integrate peacefully into the global community, or Muslims are only comfortable with other Muslims.

Once again, you can't have it all ways. You can't say one thing, and then demonstrate the opposite... and you will never win the religion trumps civil law argument in this arena Peaceful Muslim.

First of all, your outlook concerning freedom of speech is misguided. Freedom of speech is not protected in every Western society. For example, in the US they 'would' have a protected right, including the Danish. but that doesn't sum up as all of Western society. Then the issue of Jyllands-Posten; who made the decision to print the cartoons mocking Muslim religion, yet with-held other submitted cartoons which mocked the resurrection because 'it would offend people'.

You can't say one thing, and then demonstrate the opposite.

Last edited:
Calm2Chaos said:
The newspaper should have the freedom without limit to express it's opinions. If you don't like it don't by the paper. But reacting like this is not an acceptable answer

Expressing your opinion and "Freedom of Speach" is fine until the point of insult.. if what you are saying justifies the insult then that means non of the human rules we are creating are applicable ..
i am so sorry to say it again but we are living in a world of double standards..
smokers go ahead and smoke in public places because you are free
kids go head and do not respect your parents if they treated you in a way YOU THINK is not appropriate cuz you are free to express your opinion about them ..
everyone go ahead and say whatever comes to your mind that is fine because its freedom of speech ..
come on there is something called "RESPECT" and i think it is a concept we are all familiar with ... Freedom stops at the point when you start stepping on someone else's lines.. we as arabs and muslims KNOW that you guys believe we are terrorists and nothing can change your minds about that apparently cuz thank god some people really succeeded in having that idea pass through, but that doesn't mean you can insult prophet muhammad!!! you think you know who we are ( arabs & Muslims) but do you know him? have you ever tried to read books about him? what concepts he taught us ? what kind of leader he was? what SOME muslims do, doesn't imply that he taught us that .. a lot of people in any religion go to extremes wither outloud or underneath but it doesn't necessarily mean that particular religion is the extreme..

Tashah said:

Then how come we ruled in old history time ? not only ruled but we were respected among all nations.. ?
I agee that there are lots of Muslims who do not apply Islam the way it should be applied ..
I am not trying to win anything here or prove anything I am just trying to tell you guys that not everything you see on TV or Web is the truth about Islam and 90% of muslims do not agree on what is going on ..

Peaceful Muslim said:
Then how come we ruled in old history time ? not only ruled but we were respected among all nations.. ?
I agee that there are lots of Muslims who do not apply Islam the way it should be applied ..
I am not trying to win anything here or prove anything I am just trying to tell you guys that not everything you see on TV or Web is the truth about Islam and 90% of muslims do not agree on what is going on ..
Hmmm... You want that we should blot our minds of "Death" chanting crowds in hundreds and thousands burning U.S/Israeli flags daily..? Terror attacks for hatred of jews..? Americans for their alliance with them..? Did we not see Palestinians/Muslims dancing/rejoicing at the Islamic blight and carnage of 911..? Should we then believe that Iran only seeks peaceful nuclear purpose..? Are the Peaceful Muslims then silent cause they are scared/pacifists..?
I'm sorry but you know what..?
A spade is a spade... And to me a Peaceful Muslim could only ever be, an oxymoron.

Apostle13 said:
Hmmm... You want that we should blot our minds of "Death" chanting crowds in hundreds and thousands burning U.S/Israeli flags daily..? Terror attacks for hatred of jews..? Americans for their alliance with them..? Did we not see Palestinians/Muslims dancing/rejoicing at the Islamic blight and carnage of 911..? Should we then believe that Iran only seeks peaceful nuclear purpose..? Are the Peaceful Muslims then silent cause they are scared/pacifists..?
I'm sorry but you know what..?
A spade is a spade... And to me a Peaceful Muslim could only ever be, an oxymoron.

I guess that is our freedom of speech then..
You will never know what we are going through as long as you are living in your homeland never having to worry about whee you are going to be tomorrow.. so do not stat pointing fingers for people trying to express anger that has been locked up for ages now ..this is just people acting according to their nature not ISLAMIC NATURE..

Firstly what is so insulting about the cartoons?

The prophet Mohammed, by all historical acounts got his hands bloody. Was there not violence at Medina?

Mohammed never claimed to be a perfect guy, so why are so many Muslims claiming that he was some sort of perfect person.

These protestors miss the irony, all this Mohammed cartoon protests is verging on iconography.

Lastly if you are going to say that it's insulting to call Mohammed a terrorist, (when in my defininitions he comes across as someone who is not perfect, and certainly willing to use violence), give us examples of how Mohammed was such a nice guy.

This defence of the prophet by some Muslims, without actually saying why he isn't a terrorist is intellectually sloppy, and just goes to show that sometimes people become defensive and drop all sense of intellect when it comes to religion.

It's a cartoon, time to get over it.

The prophet Mohammed, by all historical acounts got his hands bloody. Was there not violence at Medina?

Mohammed never claimed to be a perfect guy, so why are so many Muslims claiming that he was some sort of perfect person.

These protestors miss the irony, all this Mohammed cartoon protests is verging on iconography.

Lastly if you are going to say that it's insulting to call Mohammed a terrorist, (when in my defininitions he comes across as someone who is not perfect, and certainly willing to use violence), give us examples of how Mohammed was such a nice guy.

This defence of the prophet by some Muslims, without actually saying why he isn't a terrorist is intellectually sloppy, and just goes to show that sometimes people become defensive and drop all sense of intellect when it comes to religion.

come on there is something called "RESPECT" and i think it is a concept we are all familiar with ... Freedom stops at the point when you start stepping on someone else's lines.. we as arabs and muslims KNOW that you guys believe we are terrorists and nothing can change your minds about that apparently cuz thank god some people really succeeded in having that idea pass through, but that doesn't mean you can insult prophet muhammad!!! you think you know who we are ( arabs & Muslims) but do you know him? have you ever tried to read books about him? what concepts he taught us ? what kind of leader he was? what SOME muslims do, doesn't imply that he taught us that .. a lot of people in any religion go to extremes wither outloud or underneath but it doesn't necessarily mean that particular religion is the extreme..

in my opinion you two are just missing the point. It wouldn't matter if Muhamed was the most perfect guy in the world, neither his nor your personal feelings are holy or above critism.

Peacefull Muslim, the basic fact you miss about freedom of speach is that freedom of speach includes the freedom to insult there are no two ways around it. Hypotheticly, what if i decided that your muslim prayers are insulting to me? would that give me the right to force you to stop? Or if tomarow i decide that you wearing a certain shirt is offensive to me, why should you stop using that shirt. what about christians eating pork, im not allowed and them eating infront of me is hard on me, why don't i force him to stop eating it?

For an example closer to home, look at think how you would feel if i demanded you show respect to israeli fallen soldiers on memorial day. They are not your soldiers, most likely some of them died fighting your people, would it be ok for me to say you had to say prayers for them on memorial day? Or what if i forced you to Israeli indipendance day, becuase i find it insulting if you are not happy that i have a country in israel, would that be ok?

At the end of the day what you need to understand is that even if you are right about how much of a great guy muhamed was, it doesn't matter. Freedom of speach defends a persons right to say whatever he wants becuase, it recognizes that people have differant notions of what is true and it recognizes that no one group can decide for another what is rude.

Peaceful Muslim said:
Expressing your opinion and "Freedom of Speach" is fine until the point of insult.. if what you are saying justifies the insult then that means non of the human rules we are creating are applicable ..
i am so sorry to say it again but we are living in a world of double standards..

you can not cowtow to one group and not do so for every group. If we are going to sensor the news because it might hurt someones feelings we would essentially be destroying free speech. Other then birthday announcement and the weather, not much else would be acceptable to report. Sorry.. I would rather live without the religion then the freedom

Peaceful Muslim said:
smokers go ahead and smoke in public places because you are free

Smoking anyplace now is getting more and more difficult

Peaceful Muslim said:
kids go head and do not respect your parents if they treated you in a way YOU THINK is not appropriate cuz you are free to express your opinion about them ..

The way a child acts is the way he was raised. You can place the emphasis of this on the parent. Freedom of speech does not give you the right to kill, burn and destroy. Not exactly sure what one has to do with the other

Peaceful Muslim said:
everyone go ahead and say whatever comes to your mind that is fine because its freedom of speech ..

Exactly..... I think most people try to live within a certain degree of moral responsibility with what they say. BUt the second you tell someone they can't say something because your going to be mad and riot. You can gaurantee it's going to be said. Religions of al kinds have been satirical fodder for a long time. Not sure why only one group of people decided to try and destroy a country.

Peaceful Muslim said:
come on there is something called "RESPECT" and i think it is a concept we are all familiar with ... Freedom stops at the point when you start stepping on someone else's lines.. we as arabs and muslims KNOW that you guys believe we are terrorists and nothing can change your minds about that apparently cuz thank god some people really succeeded in having that idea pass through, but that doesn't mean you can insult prophet muhammad!!!

Thats ecactly what it means. If you want to live in a culture of freedom then you have to be able to accept others opinions know matter how much it angers you. I don't believe in your religion or your prophets or the desire to kill in it's name. I however accept the fact that you want to and are going to practice that religion. AGAIN...... If your religion is out of bounds then you have eliminated free speech and we are all living in Iran being told what to think and how to think. If thats what you want then you have the right to move and live in a world with walls, rules and laws based on eliminating any and all personal freedoms. There are plenty of these areas available for occupancy in the ME. You can't force someone to respect you. The only way that happens is with time. And you can't force someone to respect your beliefs.

Peaceful Muslim said:
you think you know who we are ( arabs & Muslims) but do you know him? have you ever tried to read books about him? what concepts he taught us ? what kind of leader he was? what SOME muslims do, doesn't imply that he taught us that .. a lot of people in any religion go to extremes wither outloud or underneath but it doesn't necessarily mean that particular religion is the extreme..

Preaching this as people are dying and buildings are burning is a tough road to travel. I think people have short memories, and tend to remember what they last saw. The problem is the last thing they saw seems to constatnly be death and destruction and the desire for more. I saw on TV today a rally of al children calling for the death of the cartoonist. So not only are the adults acting like animals but they are pushing there children into the same disturbing pattern. As for knowing your prophets and your religion and what your tought. I don't need to know it. I don't have the interest in knowing it. I understand it's your belief and thats fine. You are entitled to it......right up to the point you start trying to force it on others using violence and oppression. I don't think it's all muslims that do this. I do however think that the ones that don't are very quite during this...

Peaceful Muslim said:

And I don't think that anyone or at least I would hope that no one is dumb enough to truly think all muslims are like that. I think a lot of people would like to see the peacefull faction of the muslim community speak out more against these animals. BUt tha fact is day in and day out this is what we see....I would love to see HUGE protest denouncing these animals for what they are.

Tashah said:

Tashah praise be the lord, and put some real music on your ipod, sing the Hallelujah Chorus for the proper mood of this debate: http://ingeb.org/spiritua/halleluj.mid

“Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.”

“Amendment X
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.”

“§ 3. The free exercise and enjoyment of religious profession and worship, without discrimination or preference, shall forever be allowed in this state to all humankind; and no person shall be rendered incompetent to be a witness on account of his or her opinions on matters of religious belief; but the liberty of conscience hereby secured shall not be so construed as to excuse acts of licentiousness, or justify practices inconsistent with the peace or safety of this state.” (New York)

“§ 8. Every citizen may freely speak, write and publish his or her sentiments on all subjects, being responsible for the abuse of that right; and no law shall be passed to restrain or abridge the liberty of speech or of the press. In all criminal prosecutions or indictments for libels, the truth may be given in evidence to the jury; and if it shall appear to the jury that the matter charged as libelous is true, and was published with good motives and for justifiable ends, the party shall be acquitted; and the jury shall have the right to determine the law and the fact.” (New York)

Did I hear someone say “But;” only a hypocrite would claim there is freedom of religion and speech and say “But,” and not mean it;

http://www.ne.jp/asahi/arc/ind/jaina/4_south/mon.jpg

{display the image for me}

Do you really want to lose this debate Tashah?

Tashah, considering these two points:

1) “do we need to blow things up” (Peaceful Muslim)

2) “if what you are saying justifies the insult then that means non of the human rules we are creating are applicable ..”
{I guess she left and “e” off of “non,” what do you think Tashah?}

Is debate on freedom of speech the right debate to have at this point, or is it allowing the “Peaceful” Muslim the ability to ignore the important issues;

I think the important debate in this instance are these two points:

1) Two soldiers of two states so armed and marked with insignia (flags) of their respective states, such states fighting among themselves, is not violating the Golden Rule putting all human beings in danger.

2) Any “soldier” dressed in civilian clothes is violating the Golden Rule and putting all human beings in danger.

What do you think Tashah? Is “Peaceful” Muslim ignoring the real important debate? Are you and the rest of them letting her ignore it?

“..this is just people acting according to their nature not ISLAMIC NATURE..” (Peaceful Muslim)

“On the basis of what we said about Iraq while confronting aggressions, the world now needs to abort the US aggressive schemes, including its aggression on the Afghan people, which must stop.
Again we say that when someone feels that he is unjustly treated, and no one is repulsing or stopping the injustice inflicted on him, he personally seeks ways and means for lifting that justice. Of course, not everyone is capable of finding the best way for lifting the injustice inflicted on him. People resort to what they think is the best way according to their own ideas, and they are not all capable of reaching out for what is beyond what is available to arrive to the best idea or means.
To find the best way, after having found their way to God and His rights, those who are inflicted by injustice need not to be isolated from their natural milieu, or be ignored deliberately, or as a result of mis-appreciation, by the officials in this milieu. They should, rather, be reassured and helped to save themselves, and their surroundings.” (Saddam Hussein Shabban 13, 1422 H. October 29, 2001.) {I downloaded that letter to us the day after it was posted to his web site.}

Think about it Tashah! Read all of the posts, pay attention to what she is saying and not saying, you are letting her get away, like the world didn‘t understand Saddam! Don’t let the debate get lost.

DivineComedy said:
2) Any “soldier” dressed in civilian clothes is violating the Golden Rule and putting all human beings in danger.

Correction:

Any “soldier” dressed in civilian clothes to wage war is violating the Golden Rule and putting all human beings in danger.

Now if Tashah could just post some pictures of cute Israeli chicks in uniform, in another topic, that would be cool.

Australianlibertarian said:

http://www.islamonline.net/English/In_Depth/mohamed/1424/index.shtml
http://www.muhammad.net/

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/prophet/lifeofprophet.html
http://www.islamonline.net/English/In_Depth/mohamed/1424/aboutmohamed/article01.shtml

Book title: " MUHAMAD his life based on the earliest sources"
Author: Martin Lings

John Esposito., Holy War: Terror in the name of Islam
http://www.amaana.org/ismailim.html

www.islaam.net

If you honestly wanna know what islam is about and who is Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) take some time and read..
Prophet Muhammad was a human but a walking Islam example on earth..not just an example but a perfect true example..if you will say he was a prophet that is why he was such an example, then i will tell you all of his followers at his time and even after he died were like him.you can also read about them too..
As for the war issue, when you read you will find out why he had to go through battles NOT VIOLENCE..

once again peacefull muslim, you miss the point entirly. Read my previus post, it doesn't matter in the least if muhamed is a great guy or not.

Nero said:
in my opinion you two are just missing the point. It wouldn't matter if Muhamed was the most perfect guy in the world, neither his nor your personal feelings are holy or above critism.

Peacefull Muslim, the basic fact you miss about freedom of speach is that freedom of speach includes the freedom to insult there are no two ways around it. Hypotheticly, what if i decided that your muslim prayers are insulting to me? would that give me the right to force you to stop? Or if tomarow i decide that you wearing a certain shirt is offensive to me, why should you stop using that shirt. what about christians eating pork, im not allowed and them eating infront of me is hard on me, why don't i force him to stop eating it?

For an example closer to home, look at think how you would feel if i demanded you show respect to israeli fallen soldiers on memorial day. They are not your soldiers, most likely some of them died fighting your people, would it be ok for me to say you had to say prayers for them on memorial day? Or what if i forced you to Israeli indipendance day, becuase i find it insulting if you are not happy that i have a country in israel, would that be ok?

At the end of the day what you need to understand is that even if you are right about how much of a great guy muhamed was, it doesn't matter. Freedom of speach defends a persons right to say whatever he wants becuase, it recognizes that people have differant notions of what is true and it recognizes that no one group can decide for another what is rude.

First of all the reply wasn't for you ..
if you what you are talking about is true then i guess we are not humans anymore..
believe me all nations when they come over here to live between us, they are treated with nothing but respect and they have all the freedom & space they need .. ( that doesn't mean i am asking you to move over here ;) )
by the way wear the shirt you wanna wear but do not wear it when you come to visit me at my house
eat pork that is fine but i won't serve it for you if you are invited for lunch at my place because it is not allowed in my religion..
i pray in christian's people houses after taking a permission why? because that is their home..
People celebrate anything they want here...
it is just like when you call the cops on your neighbours cuz they are not allowing you to sleep at night!
It is just a matter of respect ..

Last edited:
Peaceful Muslim said:
believe me all nations when they come over here to live between us, they are treated with nothing but respect and they have all the freedom & space they need .. ( that doesn't mean i am asking you to move over here ;) )
by the way wear the shirt you wanna wear but do not wear it when you come to visit me at my house
eat pork that is fine but i won't serve it for you if you were invited for lunch at my place because it is not allowed in my religion..
i pray in christian's people houses after taking a permission why? because that is their home..
people feel free to celebrate anything
it is just like when you call the cops on your neighbours cuz they are not allowing you to sleep at night!
It is just a matter of respect ..

i 100% agree with you. The only problem is that it completly contredicts what you have been saying about denmark and freedom of the press. A danish paper published cartoons in denmark, and the guests rioted (the manner of the protest in this case is irrelevant, the mere fact that a guest wanted to force his ways on the new house is the problem).

That is the problem here, even by peacefull methods you are trying to change through use of coersion what the danes (and the rest of the west) do in there own house. This unlike the example of neighbors not letting you sleep, is something you have no right to do since the danes didn't force anyone to read the paper. They did not force it into circulation, they made noone read it. It would be like the neighbor playing music so softly it could be only heard from inside his house, and you sticking your head into his house to hear the music, and then you telling him its too loud.

Nero said:
i 100% agree with you. The only problem is that it completly contredicts what you have been saying about denmark and freedom of the press. A danish paper published cartoons in denmark, and the guests rioted (the manner of the protest in this case is irrelevant, the mere fact that a guest wanted to force his ways on the new house is the problem).

That is the problem here, even by peacefull methods you are trying to change through use of coersion what the danes (and the rest of the west) do in there own house. This unlike the example of neighbors not letting you sleep, is something you have no right to do since the danes didn't force anyone to read the paper. They did not force it into circulation, they made noone read it. It would be like the neighbor playing music so softly it could be only heard from inside his house, and you sticking your head into his house to hear the music, and then you telling him its too loud.

I am sorry maybe i wasn't clear the noise not because of the party .. anyways that is beside the point..
as for danish newspaper there are muslims over there too isn't it ?
and is it said that there is a very high percentage of muslims over there in europe right ? you are talking about Islam as if it is a state Islam isn't a certain country .. its a whole religion spreading all over the world

Peaceful Muslim said:
I am sorry maybe i wasn't clear the noise not because of the party .. anyways that is beside the point..
as for danish newspaper there are muslims over there too isn't it ?
and is it said that there is a very high percentage of muslims over there in europe right ? you are talking about Islam as if it is a state Islam isn't a certain country .. its a whole religion spreading all over the world

It is true that in denmark there are many muslims, but denmark is a country that was around way before any muslims were there. The laws were made with the original inhabitants inmind. The muslims there can't move to a new country and demand a change in laws to accomidate them, no more than someone can come to your house and demand pork.

Furthermore, even if denmark was 51% muslim, a person should not have the right to decide what a person does in his own house. The newspapers weren't forced into the hands of any muslim, noone had to look. The muslim world is annoyed becuase some people like to sit home and laugh a pictures. Think about it, it would be like me asking you never to read any books becuase i find books offensive, would that make sence?

Nero said:
It is true that in denmark there are many muslims, but denmark is a country that was around way before any muslims were there. The laws were made with the original inhabitants inmind. The muslims there can't move to a new country and demand a change in laws to accomidate them, no more than someone can come to your house and demand pork.

Furthermore, even if denmark was 51% muslim, a person should not have the right to decide what a person does in his own house. The newspapers weren't forced into the hands of any muslim, noone had to look. The muslim world is annoyed becuase some people like to sit home and laugh a pictures. Think about it, it would be like me asking you never to read any books becuase i find books offensive, would that make sence?

Laws throughout history time have changed like a zillion times when there was a need to change.. how come many countries refused and condemned newspapers who printed the cartoons?
if we didn't do anything about it now tomorrow all european countries will do the same and the US and it will keep going on, isn't it? we have the right to ask for a respect to our prophet and again " i am not justifying the violent actions that took place".. i believe the cartoons are a reflection of what is the picture of Islam outthere and Prophet Muhammad's (PBUH) as well..
There are some Muslims now planning to have a campaigne to clarify things about Islam in Denemark through publishing books in their language and setting up conferences for that matter.. i believe its a good start ..
the things is when you make a joke about something it should be at least partialy true for people to laugh isn't it ?
you make a joke about certain people cuz they are cheap, or stubborn or have a certain trademark move or there are also certain situations comedies
isn't?
if danish people knew the truth i do not think they would've published these cartoons..

Back
Top Bottom