• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

New York Primary Results Thread

I think even in a closed primary in NY, if they had same day registration Bernie would have a good shot.
From my limited experience in NYC (visits), I think Bernie would've really grown the Party in NYC, bringing a lot of new voters in; voters who were Democrat in character and demographics, but we're not active in a party or voting. Bernie's inspired quite a few that fit those demos. We lack voter participation in this country, and an inspirational candidate can really do some damage. N.B. Sen. Obama, ca. 2007 & 8.

I don't believe for a second that it's that close. :shock: I want Bernie to beat Hillary but I find those results unbelievable.
:shock:
I don't think it's gonna be that close either.

New York will seal Bernie's fate. I am no fan of Hillary however Sanders supporters have been insufferable and down right rowdy. Bernie Bros throwing dollar bills at Hillary?

Hillary for the most part has conducted her campaign in a fair and ethical manner. Bernie's campaign has been like Trump, a carnival act with dancing bears, jugglers and clowns.

That was classless. I wasn't impressed by that move.

Now THAT is beyond laughable.

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!
:lamo

New York will seal Bernie's fate. I am no fan of Hillary however Sanders supporters have been insufferable and down right rowdy. Bernie Bros throwing dollar bills at Hillary?

Hillary for the most part has conducted her campaign in a fair and ethical manner. Bernie's campaign has been like Trump, a carnival act with dancing bears, jugglers and clowns.

Perhaps her campaign has been ethnical.. perhaps not. Just today Bernie is accusing her campaign of violating campaign finance laws. outlined here
Bernie Sanders accuses DNC, Hillary Clinton of violating campaign finance laws - CBS News

Also conveniently it was just about 60 days ago that the DNC dropped their ban on lobbyist money, clearly giving Hillary an advantage in money raising.

Perhaps her campaign has been ethnical.. perhaps not. Just today Bernie is accusing her campaign of violating campaign finance laws. outlined here

Bernie doesn't believe in raising money for down-ballot races. But hey, revolution.

Bernie Sanders accuses DNC, Hillary Clinton of violating campaign finance laws - CBS News

Also conveniently it was just about 60 days ago that the DNC dropped their ban on lobbyist money, clearly giving Hillary an advantage in money raising.
Her campaign may indeed have been ethical. Or at least acting in ethic standards currently associated with national political campaigns, which is probably a pretty low bar in relation to wider societal standards.

The humor was in seeing the word "ethical" associated with the Clintons.

It's about the last word many of us would associate with them.

Bernie doesn't believe in raising money for down-ballot races. But hey, revolution.

Lie. Absolute lie. I'm on his mailing list... where he raises most all of his money. Hes always asking for donations. Now he has emails that come and say "X" candidate is the kind of person we need in congress with us. Donate now and split the donation with candidate "X". Seeing how three months in a row Bernie has out fundraised Hillary... that is a cash cow for a smaller candidate.

Want to try and fabricate another lie?

*edit... maybe he'd do more fundraising if he had a superpac laundering money through the DNC for his campaign. But hey, revolution.

Trump is claiming 70%! :shock:

No way!

Can it?

No way!

Can it?

I would be worried about the general election with trump pulling new york like he is now, for being unelectable new york loves him for some odd reason, he might be able to win new york in a general, which is pretty much unheard of since the southern move.

No way!

Can it?

POSSIBLE. If all the polling areas that supported cruz/Kasich are the ones with the most detrimental voting problems. although mega-lols if he wins by that much. Just super mega lols.

Kasich in 2nd with 23% to Cruz's 14%

I would be worried about the general election with trump pulling new york like he is now, for being unelectable new york loves him for some odd reason, he might be able to win new york in a general, which is pretty much unheard of since the southern move.

I seriously, seriously doubt that. He's down over 20 points in several polls taken already, with Hillary well over 50%. Polls don't mean much this long before the election, but that means something. Also, although he's doing very well among Republicans, there are over 5 times as many Democrats voting today.

So does CNN

I'm really curious to see how the exit polling managed to be so close given the current margins for the democrats. With 41% reporting, Hillary is up by roughly 20 points whereas the exit polling only had a four point lead.

I'm really curious to see how the exit polling managed to be so close given the current margins for the democrats. With 41% reporting, Hillary is up by roughly 20 points whereas the exit polling only had a four point lead.

The gap will close. I don't know by how much. The boroughs are coming in first and that's big numbers and that's hers. Upstate new york is his and most still have to report.

New York Primary Results 2016 - The New York Times

No lie!

Trump might be able to flip NY, and *that* could really be a game changer! :doh

MSNBC called Trump finishing >50% statewide.

I seriously, seriously doubt that. He's down over 20 points in several polls taken already, with Hillary well over 50%. Polls don't mean much this long before the election, but that means something. Also, although he's doing very well among Republicans, there are over 5 times as many Democrats voting today.

I am not saying it will happen, but rather it is a possibility, and something I would not imagine out of any other republican. Of course with trumps luck he could pull off new york in the general then lose a bunch of solid red southern states to hillary, either way this election defies conventional logic.

MSNBC called Trump finishing >50% statewide.

only 41% reporting though I think I these media outlets are pulling the trigger juuust a bit early. well on the Dem site early no doubt Trump has the GOP contest hes ahead by 40 points.

Back
Top Bottom