• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

New York Primary Results Thread

I'm voting for Frank Underwood. Bernie, Hillary, Trump, Cruz..........they all suck in comparison to FU.

It's the same reason that Trump's kids aren't allowed to vote for their dad.

That so screwed up. They should be able to register day of. I don't understand how anyone could justify early registration deadlines.

Honestly, we just need to push every state to automatically register their citizens based on DMV data - like the system that exists in Oregon.

I fully agree. I actually think the voting age should be 16. That way you are still in high school when at least one federal election takes place and it should be part of a civics lesson in school when it's going down. Then you are in the voting system BEFORE you get out of school and you will have participated in one which should help retain higher turnout for younger voters who seem to wait it out before they get politically active.

One hour and fifteen minutes till polls close.

It's the same reason that Trump's kids aren't allowed to vote for their dad.

Honestly, we just need to push every state to automatically register their citizens based on DMV data - like the system that exists in Oregon.
No, Trump's kids can't vote for their dad because the kids boondoggled their registration. The establishment is rigging the system by literally opening precincts without voting machines, having polling locations with 0 Republican ballots, or location captains opening their locations 2 1/2 hours late so that people can't vote before they go to work. All over New York the establishment planned all this and there's no way these shenanigans are accidental.

BTW, Looks like this story is getting worse and worse...

"New York City (CNN)Bernie Sanders' campaign on Tuesday called reports of voting irregularities in New York state "a disgrace" as New York City officials contended with the potential for mass confusion in Brooklyn, where the Board of Elections has confirmed that more than 125,000 Democratic voters had been stripped from the rolls.

"From long lines and dramatic understaffing to longtime voters being forced to cast affidavit ballots and thousands of registered New Yorkers being dropped from the rolls, what's happening today is a disgrace," Sanders spokesman Karthik Ganapathy said in an email to CNN, calling the difficulties a "shameful demonstration."

New York primary hit by voter issues, Brooklyn 'purge' - CNNPolitics.com

I'm in, and thank you MrT! :thumbs:

Just got home with a pound of grilled Italian sausage, a pint of roasted sweet peppers, and mini-loaf of crusty Italian bread freshly baked this morning; all from the neighborhood Sicilian deli. And we've got Sicilian cold pressed unfiltered olive oil in the cabinet, incanestrato cheese and Sicilian olives in the fridge, along with many bottles of Morgante Sicilian red in the wine fridge.

We're all set, here!

I didn't plan this, just hit the deli on the way home as usual. But turning-on MSNBC and seeing Chris Mathews broadcasting from under the Brooklyn side of the Brooklyn bridge, I can't help but feel I've got the appropriate grub for this bash!

BTW, Looks like this story is getting worse and worse...

"New York City (CNN)Bernie Sanders' campaign on Tuesday called reports of voting irregularities in New York state "a disgrace" as New York City officials contended with the potential for mass confusion in Brooklyn, where the Board of Elections has confirmed that more than 125,000 Democratic voters had been stripped from the rolls.

"From long lines and dramatic understaffing to longtime voters being forced to cast affidavit ballots and thousands of registered New Yorkers being dropped from the rolls, what's happening today is a disgrace," Sanders spokesman Karthik Ganapathy said in an email to CNN, calling the difficulties a "shameful demonstration."

New York primary hit by voter issues, Brooklyn 'purge' - CNNPolitics.com
I'm not going to deride an anomaly like this, and wouldn't want to be misunderstood; but Bernie has really been turning on the steam lately, in terms of complaints, attacks, and vitriol.

He's had no realistic chance for quite a while, so I'm not sure what's-up with this.

Maybe he's just fighting from his heart, which would be from the best place I suppose.

The weird thing about tonight's primary, is: We already know who's going to win, but it's still going to be pretty exciting!

And that's really odd.

It's not very often NY/NYC counts for much in primaries, or even elections.

The GOP winner will be called immediate at the closing of the polls, and if the Dem isn't too, then Bernie will have something good to talk about!

So, bets on how quickly the networks call NY? Mine is no later than 9:15.

TYT is reporting an exit poll has Hillary winning 52% to 48%. That would be pretty surprising.

CNN has called it for Trump, but they are not calling it for the Democrats. Apparently the exit polling for the Democrats is really close:

52 - Hillary
48 - Sanders

So, bets on how quickly the networks call NY? Mine is no later than 9:15.
I bet the GOP gets called at 9:00!

Because it just did (MSNBC).

Dems too early to call ...

Its possible.
Specifically how it is is in the particular district you have to have > 50% of the vote in that district to get all 3 delegates if you get less than that you get 2.
Trump may do that in some of the districts not in others and its quite possible that in a few districts he will be in second place.
for him to get the 83-85 he would have to get > 50% of the vote in 15-17 of the of the 27 districts... might happen but I'm skeptical.
My guess is more in the 67-70 delegate range. I might of course be wrong. we shall see.

More from Nate

If if he disappoints and only gets 48 percent of the vote or so — anything lower than that would be pretty shocking — he’d still probably get 70 to 75 delegates

New York Primary Elections: Live Coverage And Results | FiveThirtyEight

TYT is reporting an exit poll has Hillary winning 52% to 48%. That would be pretty surprising.
Just imagine where it would be if Indies could vote?

Good bye HRC ..

There's far more than just NY and Cali left on the calendar. There's a lot of north eastern states with lots of delegates in between.

New York will seal Bernie's fate. I am no fan of Hillary however Sanders supporters have been insufferable and down right rowdy. Bernie Bros throwing dollar bills at Hillary?

Hillary for the most part has conducted her campaign in a fair and ethical manner. Bernie's campaign has been like Trump, a carnival act with dancing bears, jugglers and clowns.

Just imagine where it would be if Indies could vote?

Good bye HRC ..

I think even in a closed primary in NY, if they had same day registration Bernie would have a good shot.

Apparently from what I can see Hillary has 60.0% and Bernie has 40.0%.

New York will seal Bernie's fate. I am no fan of Hillary however Sanders supporters have been insufferable and down right rowdy. Bernie Bros throwing dollar bills at Hillary?

That was classless. I wasn't impressed by that move.

Hillary for the most part has conducted her campaign in a fair and ethical manner. Bernie's campaign has been like Trump, a carnival act with dancing bears, jugglers and clowns.

Now THAT is beyond laughable.

hillary for the most part has conducted her campaign in a fair and ethical manner. bernie's campaign has been like trump, a carnival act with dancing bears, jugglers and clowns.

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!

I don't believe for a second that it's that close. :shock: I want Bernie to beat Hillary but I find those results unbelievable.
:shock:

Back
Top Bottom