• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New poll shows that Republicans are totally screwed with latino voters

So the whole purpose of border security is just to stop terrorists? Is that your claim?

What do you think border security means? Or should mean, anyway.

The millions of undocumented Mexican immigrants coming here to work are no security threat. Real security threats are as likely to sneak in from Canada as from Mexico. If you had any sort of intellectual honesty you would admit that.

What do you think border security means?

It means knowing who is coming in to the country and keeping those who should not be here out. It is not limited to keeping only terrorists out.

What do you think border security means? Or should mean, anyway.

The millions of undocumented Mexican immigrants coming here to work are no security threat. Real security threats are as likely to sneak in from Canada as from Mexico. If you had any sort of intellectual honesty you would admit that.

Of corse they are because the criminals that smuggle then in use that money and the same methods to smuggle in drugs and slaves. Not to mention the violation of us sovierntgy.

It means knowing who is coming in to the country and keeping those who should not be here out. It is not limited to keeping only terrorists out.

Border security has NOTHING to do with keeping workers out.

Of corse they are because the criminals that smuggle then in use that money and the same methods to smuggle in drugs and slaves. Not to mention the violation of us sovierntgy.

You are honestly trying to tell me there is no drug smuggling through the Canadian border. Ludicrous!

No, they're not doing well with this population ... and the funny thing is that if they run Rubio or Cruz, they'll lose the Latino vote by an even wider margin ... Mexican-Americans and Puerto Ricans, the two largest groups of Latinos, tend not to be too crazy about Cubans ...

Who said it did? Besides you I mean.

Yes you said it. There are the same number of security threats coming from Canada and Mexico. The only difference is that millions of non-security threat Latinos are coming from Mexico. It is the non-security threat Latinos that republicans actually want to stop.

There are the same number of security threats coming from Canada and Mexico.

You should call the NSA then if you have this sort of accurate information.

Oh never mind, they probably already know what you said and haven't gotten up off the floor from their laughing fit yet.

Yes you said it. There are the same number of security threats coming from Canada and Mexico. The only difference is that millions of non-security threat Latinos are coming from Mexico. It is the non-security threat Latinos that republicans actually want to stop.

at the end of the day, the idea is not to stop undocumented immigration ... the idea is to make it more difficult and to make them more vulnerable, so that they will work for less, thereby driving down wages, and that's all employers want ... it's part of the race to the bottom ...

No....nothing new....but its very telling especially because of the efforts that the GOP is doing to attract Latino voters. The Poll shows that Republicans are clueless if they think that running a candidate with a latino name is going to get latinos to vote Republican.

Rubio is just as American as you and I are. My mother was a Cuban and I'm certainly a born and bred American. If they run him as a candidate, I doubt it will be because his name is Rubio. It will be because he is nice looking and speaks well. Those are far more important characteristics than a last name. We're talking about politicians here, not professional managers or leaders.

No....nothing new....but its very telling especially because of the efforts that the GOP is doing to attract Latino voters. The Poll shows that Republicans are clueless if they think that running a candidate with a latino name is going to get latinos to vote Republican.

Again, what policies WOULD specifically attract americans of latino decent that are any different than other liberals? Furthermore, given exit polls show that american-hispanics voted 27% for Romney, how do you explain their support? Why arent they 100% democrat?

And finally, since american-hispanics only make up 10% of voters, and whites make up 70%, (with 39% going to Dems), wouldnt it make more sense for the GOP to concentrate on getting a few % more whites than hispanics?

Now you are just being absurd. Can't debate the issues so you go off the reservation.... ahhh so to speak.

You were the one that thought "what the nation was founded on" was some sort of charter for today and the future. We used to rely on uncontrolled immigration and we used to take land from the Indians and we used to have slaves.... none of that is appropriate today and I was just pointing out how silly your appeal to tradition was.

Doesn't matter, even if they don't have the latino or Gay vote, if they had their base show up they wouldn't have lost the election. It's not all about the gays and latinos, trust me.

LOL....the days of winning with only the white male vote are over my friend. Good luck if you expect to win on a national level with that strategy.

so allowing companies to keep more of the money they earn is welfare? your just more proof of our fail education system

Failed Republican talking point. I Love how you guys always talk about "its my money"...without recognizing the obligations and requirements to pay back into this great country that allows you the opportunities to make that money. That's why so many people see the GOP rightfully as the party of corporate greed.

Failed Republican talking point. I Love how you guys always talk about "its my money"...without recognizing the obligations and requirements to pay back into this great country that allows you the opportunities to make that money. That's why so many people see the GOP rightfully as the party of corporate greed.

Taking money from citizen A and giving that money to citizens B, C and D is not making this country great, it is simply pleasing citizens B, C and D, at the expense of only citizen A. Of course, with a one citizen one vote system, it also remains quite politically popular.

Rubio is just as American as you and I are. My mother was a Cuban and I'm certainly a born and bred American. If they run him as a candidate, I doubt it will be because his name is Rubio. It will be because he is nice looking and speaks well. Those are far more important characteristics than a last name. We're talking about politicians here, not professional managers or leaders.

I agree....but don't kid yourself that his latino surname isn't a huge factor in the GOP playmakers book. That is the whole point of the article if you read it. The GOP is desperate in trying to figure out how they can attract Latino voters...and they should be. It is the fastest growing voting block in the country and is especially crucial in many swing states. Hell, there has even been a lot of talk lately about Texas going swing because of the latino growth rate in Texas (if that happens, the GOP is screwed nationally). The fact of the matter remains, it isn't a latino surname that is going to attract latinos to the GOP. The GOP is going to have to seriously moderate its platform if it ever wants to attract latino voters. Some people will say "screw that.....we need to appeal to our white conservative base"....to them I say Good Luck and I wish you well in your endeavors.

Taking money from citizen A and giving that money to citizens B, C and D is not making this country great, it is simply pleasing citizens B, C and D, at the expense of only citizen A. Of course, with a one citizen one vote system, it also remains quite politically popular.
Sorry, but you are wrong...and there are many in group "A" that recognize that a strong/healthy middle class is essential for their survival as well.

Back
Top Bottom