• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New poll shows that Republicans are totally screwed with latino voters

I pretty much agree with you. Except I do believe they have a lot more reasons than that not to vote Republican.
The contempt shown by any corporations that hire illegal immigrants doesn't negate the contempt for our laws shown by the Latino community by way of voting against anyone who they think might enforce immigration laws. Those that hire them are wrong and those that are against our immigration laws being enforced are wrong and those that encourage more illegal immigration are wrong..... they're all on the wrong side.

Call me old fashioned, but why is it that liberals have no problem prostituting themselves before every identifiable minority special interest and don't feel the slightest bit dirty selling themselves to the highest/lowest bidder?

If Republicans, in the short term, lose the latino vote because they refused to allow the US to be overtaken by invading masses to the south, so be it. Sometimes doing the right thing is far more important than doing the expedient thing.

After the GOP is reduced to a minor, regional party by massive demographic change, let's take a poll of former GOPers. And see what they think.

I predict that some people will wish that the GOP had made some changes.

I have a real agenda-free question. I'm asking respectfully and I'd appreciate any reply be the same.

I don't understand why the GOP is accused of being anti-Latino. It more seems they are anti-illegal immigrant. Sure, a majority of our illegal immigrants happen to be Latino. But why would this be such an issue for the legal immigrants (the voters that is). If so, why?

Trying to summarize my question - do Latinos feel the GOP is against them because of their stance on amnesty for illegal immigrants or is there something else "anti-Latino" about the GOP?

Thanks.

A lot of the resistance to immigration reform has made it difficult, or maintained existing difficulties to families of legal immigrants to come here. Naturalized Latinos are not the target of these policies, but their family members often are. Meanwhile, many Republican policies are damaging to the working class, which many Latinos in this country are. And there is plenty of support for policies like Joe Arpaio's stopping and demanding citizenship paperwork from anyone who looks like they might be an illegal alien (Latinos). Republican policies attack Latino voters' families, economic interests, and constitutional rights.

Call me old fashioned, but why is it that liberals have no problem prostituting themselves before every identifiable minority special interest and don't feel the slightest bit dirty selling themselves to the highest/lowest bidder?

Because it's all the same two issues. Equal rights and stopping the flow of wealth away from the working class.

If Republicans, in the short term, lose the latino vote because they refused to allow the US to be overtaken by invading masses to the south, so be it. Sometimes doing the right thing is far more important than doing the expedient thing.

Can't have more non-white people in this country, amirite? There's an enemy at the gates and they'll vote Democrat and raise the taxes on the ultra rich! It's the end of the world.

You know, for someone living in Canada, you are extremely interested in purely domestic American issues.

Hispanics are only 10% of thevote. 10%. Even if 70% of them would have voted for Romney in the last election he would have lost because he did not reach out to the Conservative base. Whites stayed home.

And all the blacks, women, latinos and gays stopped letting the white heterosexual men make all the decisions.

In 1964 LBJ made a couple of very teling statements. These Negroes, they’re getting uppity these days. That’s a problem for us, since they got something now they never had before."
"I'll have those niggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years."His comments on MLK were commonly known. His comments about nominating Thurgood Marshall were well known. His comments about his 'servants' were common as well. He signed the legislation he signed in the name of politics and suddenly the message was Dems were pro minority (even though they had been fighting against the civil rights movement from the beginning). Politics. All in the name of politics.
Racist Lyndon B. Johnson using "N" word in Phone Conversation - YouTube

Democrats bang that drum today. Its not "The GOP is opposed to illegal immigration" (which is a true statement) it is "the GOP is anti-immigrant" (which is bull****). The question is wether or not the democrats can con latinos into voting for them for the next 200 years like they did the black communtiy. And hey...lets be honest...that whole voting democrat thing...its working out SO WELL for the black community isnt it? Maybe the Latinos that come here and in many cases risk their lives for the opportunity to work can give all that up and move onto that democrat plantation. Lots of room.

I see my other question remains unanswered so I'll ask you something different.

What portions of the GOP platform do most Latinos find objectionable?

AS far as positions go, many Latinos want the govt to allow a "pathway to citizenship" for the millions of latinos who are in the US illegally.

But I don't think they see the GOP as "anti-Latino" because of their opposition to a pathway to citizenship. Instead, I think it has more to do with the rhetoric that comes from the right.

Take a look at some of the posts right here in this thread. If they are to be believed, latinos votes can be bought (or prostituted) by "pandering" to them. If you were to look up the word "pander", you'd see that the word has a strong connotation that the wants of the people being pandered to are immoral, or vulgar or "cheap".

How would you feel if you were told that your political beliefs were immoral and vulgar, and unworthy?

Then, you could go outside this thread, to the wider world, where people like Lou Dobbs argue that immigrants are dirty and ridden with disease. Others argue that they are ridden with criminality, and others use ethnic slurs with abandon. There are also the calls to "round them up".

Then there are the depictions of immigrants as "low IQ parasites" (start watching at about 2:30)

These are things that do not foster a warm and fuzzy feeling towards the GOP.

because they refused to allow the US to be overtaken by invading masses to the south

Minorities.jpg

Can't have more non-white people in this country, amirite? There's an enemy at the gates and they'll vote Democrat and raise the taxes on the ultra rich! It's the end of the world.

You know, for someone living in Canada, you are extremely interested in purely domestic American issues.

There's a big surprise - someone on the left claiming it's a race issue in an attempt to shut down any dissent of the liberal way.

Being from Canada, I could care less what colour pigmentation you happen to carry - Canada is far more open to legal immigration, on a proportional basis, than America is and I live in Toronto, perhaps the most cosmopolitan multi-race large city in the world and we live in peace together and enjoy the varied cultures and lifestyles that such a mix of people bring, so don't give me your tired racist crap simply because you don't have the balls to stand up for what's right.

If America wants to bring in millions of latino immigrants through legal channels, I'd be the first to say good job. However, the left's coddling of criminals and their offspring is just a reflection of many on the left's lack of moral character and understanding of the basics of what's right and wrong.

After the GOP is reduced to a minor, regional party by massive demographic change, let's take a poll of former GOPers. And see what they think.

Good evening, shrubnose. :2wave:

What changes would you like to see the GOP make? I see many people calling for "change," but they never mention what change they might have in mind. :shock:

Do you really think that once latinos get settled in America and have a stake in its success and government that they are going to continue to support the people bankrupting their families' dreams? Most latinos, from what I know, are highly religious, conservative both financially and morally, and are natural constituents for the Republican party in many ways.

It may take time, but it will happen - I've seen it take place here in Canada - the Liberal party used to be the party of new Canadians and immigrants because they made it easy for many to come to Canada and become citizens. But today, many of the varied immigrant populations support the Conservative party and helped give them a majority government and reduced the Liberals to third party status.

Good evening, shrubnose. :2wave:

I

What changes would you like to see the GOP make? I see many people calling for "change," but they never mention what change they might have in mind. :shock:

The GOP has to make that decision, and it has to make it soon.

Do you really think that once latinos get settled in America and have a stake in its success and government that they are going to continue to support the people bankrupting their families' dreams? Most latinos, from what I know, are highly religious, conservative both financially and morally, and are natural constituents for the Republican party in many ways.

It may take time, but it will happen - I've seen it take place here in Canada - the Liberal party used to be the party of new Canadians and immigrants because they made it easy for many to come to Canada and become citizens. But today, many of the varied immigrant populations support the Conservative party and helped give them a majority government and reduced the Liberals to third party status.
Did you see what happened in the USA last November?

how is the GOP going to stop that from happening in the future?

Did you see what happened in the USA last November?

how is the GOP going to stop that from happening in the future?

The Presidential election was an odd bird, this time around, you'd have to agree - without Hurricane Sandy in September/October, it's quite conceivable that Romney would have won - or it would have at least been far closer. If even half of the administration's "scandals" had come out before the vote instead of after, Obama would not have been re-elected. Timing is everything in Presidential elections. The truer test will be in 2014 where politics is far more local. If, as you believe, the minority vote abandons the Republicans, you will see it reflected there - I highly doubt it will happen.

What scandals?
The Presidential election was an odd bird, this time around, you'd have to agree - without Hurricane Sandy in September/October, it's quite conceivable that Romney would have won - or it would have at least been far closer. If even half of the administration's "scandals" had come out before the vote instead of after, Obama would not have been re-elected. Timing is everything in Presidential elections. The truer test will be in 2014 where politics is far more local. If, as you believe, the minority vote abandons the Republicans, you will see it reflected there - I highly doubt it will happen.

We will see.

I believe that the GOP will get a wake-up call in the not distant future.

Of course they are being pandered to.

Please explain how the latino community was improved after the 1986 Amnesty. Please explain how their standard of living was improved.

Please explain how education improved, or any myriad of measures that have been presented as being the benefit of amnesty this time around.

What is going to change for Latino's this time? What are they going to get now, that they haven't got already?

By some admitted estimates, there are 17 million illegal aliens living in the U.S. What changes for them?

The reason they support the left is because of the promises made. How are those promises going to be kept?

Examples?

UM ... I believe Ocean was asking YOU for examples of how the lives of Latinos have improved since the last time we went through this.

But the bottom line strategy continues to be the drive to garner a majority in as many voting blocs as possible and the Democrat Party is again focusing on Latinos to keep them in the fold and to have a boogeyman to run against next year so they don't lose the Senate.

What scandals?

Obama's fake birth certificate

His apologizing for america

Refusing to cite the pledge of allegiance

Being a muslim and a follower of a racist christian preacher

Solyndra

Fast and Furious

"Pal-ing around with terrorists"

Obama's fake birth certificate

His apologizing for america

Refusing to cite the pledge of allegiance

Being a muslim and a follower of a racist christian preacher

Solyndra

Fast and Furious

"Pal-ing around with terrorists"

That's not fair ... no one has proven his birth certificate is fake.

He stated the Hispanics were being pandered to by the democrats. I asked him for specific examples. He had none so the post you quoted above was a distraction.

The Republicans demographic is shrinking, and they blame it on character flaws of everyone that doesn't vote for them. The real problem is the message. Stay like you are.
UM ... I believe Ocean was asking YOU for examples of how the lives of Latinos have improved since the last time we went through this.

But the bottom line strategy continues to be the drive to garner a majority in as many voting blocs as possible and the Democrat Party is again focusing on Latinos to keep them in the fold and to have a boogeyman to run against next year so they don't lose the Senate.

if Latinos will not vote for Republicans why give more the right not to do so. all that poll is doing is giving the argument for the republican house not to give them amnesty

I think republicans need to say screw the Latino vote and go for more of the Black vote and they can easly get it when Latinos start taking away jobs from the Black community

New Poll Shows That Republicans Are Totally Screwed With Latino Voters - Yahoo! Finance

They don't need better candidates....they need better policies.

Why does the GOP think that they can put up a candidate with a latin name (Rubio) or one that can speak Spanish (Jeb Bush) and think that Latinos will vote for them.

Maybe Latinos won't vote Republican because they recognize that Republicans have no respect for them, think they are stupid.....oh and because most Latino's disapprove of the GOP platform.

Is this something new? Latinos have always overwhelmingly voted as democrats.

I wanted to thank those of you who respond to my question. I'm really torn about this subject and since I'm unable to categorize myself, I have to view each topic as a stand-alone.

Hopefully, any final legislation will be clear enough to see how this is handled. I'm not in favor of rewarding those who did wrong but I also understand that some illegals have become useful members of society and that it would be logical to provide some pathway to legality provided there is an element of penalty for the initial crime. I also hope that each case will receive review and that we don't provide a blanket amnesty that includes those who have been criminals or have otherwise abused our hospitality.

I've always thought that Latinos, being very family and church oriented, would gravitate toward the GOP more so than the Democrats. Not that I'm ever right about these things...

We've never gotten a majority Latino vote and as long as we are the party against free stuff we never will and no amount of race based pandering will change that. It didn't work in 86 won't work now.

I side with the republicans on this issue.
The latino community doesn't care about America ...they care about one thing only...how can millions of them easily come here and BENEFIT!!
Not contribute ....but BENEFIT!!

And the democratics have twisted the argument that the law breakers....the people who came here illegal ......feel exactly the opposite!! They are led to think that Americans are the ones at fault...that precisely because they broke the law in coming to the country .....AMERICA OWES THEM!!!

To the average American ....who struggles everyday ...pay his taxes and watch how these people have bogged down the system ...it's F$%#@-KING maddening!!

The change Latinos want from republicans is ......is to act like they(the republicans) ...not the illegals ....broke some law and somehow need to make ammends!!

Tell me what other group comes here and demand you speak THEIR language? Why must immigration be all about Latinos .... don't you think we may be better off with ...more Chinese instead?

OK ....don't buy that ....let's pretend all of a sudden you had 11 MILLION ILLEGAL BLACK MEN...from say AFRICA ..marching in the streets demanding their rights!!!

Think there would be clarity in that situation ....you betcha!!

You cannot infuse so many people into this faltering economy!! For every one of these ...so called struggling dreamers.....there are 10 Americans just as bad and often in worse situation.

They are here for you...to send their kids to school....for you to feed their families....for you to give them free healthcare ...thats the real plain and simple truth and all else is just spin!!

Back
Top Bottom