• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NBA Cancels 2017 All-Star Game In North Carolina Over Anti-LGBT Law

This is to be commended, yet also somewhat interesting in that from my perspective the NBA is populated with some of the most anti-gay athletes in any professional sport.

its mainly the owners-who have to pander to politicians and the press-who engage in this politically correct dance-not the players

that's just plain overly dramatic and hateful. what do you think that average NBA player thinks about homosexuals?

NC also just removed the ability of blacks and others discriminated against at work or elsewhere to sue in state court. So they effectively repealed their state laws against discrimination of any kind.

NC also just removed the ability of blacks and others discriminated against at work or elsewhere to sue in state court. So they effectively repealed their state laws against discrimination of any kind.

anyone discriminated at work by almost any employer has access to EEOC administrative process and then the United States District Court. I won't argue what you claim NC did because I haven't seen that reported but federal court is still easily accessible if you follow the administrative EEOC rules

People are so cute. Its funny watching how many people that have literally wet themselves because North Carolina dared to impose laws that protect their citizens.

Laws that protect citizens from the latest right-wing boogeyman. Either that or conservatives are so infantile that they need mommy legislature and daddy governor to tell them where to take a dump.

Laws that protect citizens from the latest right-wing boogeyman. Either that or conservatives are so infantile that they need mommy legislature and daddy governor to tell them where to take a dump.

That's funny coming from someone who supports a nanny state.

anyone discriminated at work by almost any employer has access to EEOC administrative process and then the United States District Court. I won't argue what you claim NC did because I haven't seen that reported but federal court is still easily accessible if you follow the administrative EEOC rules

Yes, and you know or can find out the statute for NC was three years, 6 months for EEOC claims, etc. It is an important roll back of employee rights and protections against discrimination. NC no longer has any law against discrimination.

N.C. "bathroom bill" has a bomb for wrongful discharge plaintiffs | Employment & Labor Insider

And there are the restrictions against any city passing laws more protective than the state and prohibiting local governments from setting higher minimum wages. It's not just about bathrooms.

arguably because lots of women don't want a man walking into their restrooms.

BTW at what point is it proper for someone born a male to use a women's toilet?
This is an individual you are arguing should be in a womens' restroom.

6rqdf4Y.jpg

Yes, and you know or can find out the statute for NC was three years, 6 months for EEOC claims, etc. It is an important roll back of employee rights and protections against discrimination. NC no longer has any law against discrimination.

N.C. "bathroom bill" has a bomb for wrongful discharge plaintiffs | Employment & Labor Insider

And there are the restrictions against any city passing laws more protective than the state and prohibiting local governments from setting higher minimum wages. It's not just about bathrooms.

cities should be preempted on minimum wage issues but the WD issue is interesting

This is an individual you are arguing should be in a woman's restroom.

6rqdf4Y.jpg

Until I know the background etc, I wouldn't

I think most women wouldn't be comfortable with that individual in their restroom

how about you>

Until I know the background etc, I wouldn't

I think most women wouldn't be comfortable with that individual in their restroom

how about you>

This person was born a woman.
You are therefore demanding they use a womens' restroom.

This person was born a woman.
You are therefore demanding they use a womens' restroom.

where did I say that? you need to read a bit better. I said someone who has made the transformation should use the restroom of their current status

yeah crossdressers were common 50 years ago? I think not. and I don't have an issue with a post op transexual using the bathroom identified with her current sex. what I oppose is having some guy who has no intent of becoming a woman walking into the ladies' restroom

how about you?

I am not the one advocating a nanny state

There's a monumental difference between state charity to keep people from starving and dying on the street (which is what I support) and the creation of a nanny state to regulate how the citizenry should live their lives down to where they pee (which is what you and your ilk advocate).

where did I say that? you need to read a bit better. I said someone who has made the transformation should use the restroom of their current status

arguably because lots of women don't want a man walking into their restrooms.

BTW at what point is it proper for someone born a male to use a women's toilet?

So, at this point, then.

Bigotry is forcing businesses to comply with non-existent "bathroom rights" retained by the people who go to these businesses.

Hello, private property rights.

More like "the free market has spoken"

The right is always pro free market...except when they disagree on something.

There's a monumental difference between state charity to keep people from starving and dying on the street (which is what I support) and the creation of a nanny state to regulate how the citizenry should live their lives down to where they pee (which is what you and your ilk advocate).

why don't you try to prove that stupid comment. free speech, the RKBA, economic freedom, all things the left opposes and attacks.

why don't you try to prove that stupid comment.

This entire thread exists because the right wing wants a nanny state. What further proof do you need? Regulation on who a person should have sex with? What kind of sex is allowed? Who they should marry? What days of the week they can buy alcohol? The list goes on.

Laws that protect citizens have been shown to be necessary by bitter angry hate filled intelrant ****s that cant stand the fact that someone doesnt want to bake a cake for their gay wedding. I would agree...they SHOULDNT be necessary. people SHOULD have the intestinal fortitude to say 'cool...I get it. I'll go have someone else bake our cake'. But we live in an era where people are literally crying in college because someone hurts their feelings or they dont get their way or its not fair.

Meanwhile...those same douchebags rushed to the polls in 2008 and voted for people that held the same position as those in NC that passed the laws.

There is a time and place for politics and an NBA game isn't one. I can't imagine why anyone would care which rest room they use.

This is an individual you are arguing should be in a womens' restroom.

6rqdf4Y.jpg

What can possibly go wrong.
Sexual predator jailed after claiming to be ‘transgender’ to assault women in shelter

TORONTO, March 4, 2014 (LifeSiteNews.com) – A biological man claiming to be ‘transgender’ so as to gain access to and prey on women at two Toronto shelters was jailed “indefinitely” last week after being declared by a judge a “dangerous offender.”

Pro-family leaders are pointing out that this is exactly the type of incident they warned of as the Ontario government passed its “gender identity” bill, dubbed the “bathroom bill,” in 2012.

Christopher Hambrook, 37, leaned on the ever expanding legal “rights” offered to people who “identify” with the sex opposite their biology. Under the name “Jessica,” he was able to get into the women’s shelters, where he sexually assaulted several women in 2012, the Toronto Sun reports.
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/s...laiming-to-be-transgender-in-order-to-assault

And 2 more incidents this week are causing some areas in Canada to rethink their laws.

Laws that protect citizens have been shown to be necessary by bitter angry hate filled intelrant ****s that cant stand the fact that someone doesnt want to bake a cake for their gay wedding. I would agree...they SHOULDNT be necessary. people SHOULD have the intestinal fortitude to say 'cool...I get it. I'll go have someone else bake our cake'. But we live in an era where people are literally crying in college because someone hurts their feelings or they dont get their way or its not fair.

Meanwhile...those same douchebags rushed to the polls in 2008 and voted for people that held the same position as those in NC that passed the laws.

This country decided the issue of who should be allowed to sit at the lunch counter decades ago. Still, there is an accommodation for those whose bronze-age mythology doesn't comport with the values of a 21st century democracy. They can open a private club and discriminate all they like instead of deliberately misrepresenting themselves as a place of public accommodation.

There is a time and place for politics and an NBA game isn't one. I can't imagine why anyone would care which rest room they use.
Meh...let them cancel the All Star game. Let Bruce cancel his concert. Everyone gets the right to choose.

Back
Top Bottom