• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Navy expected to relieve captain who raised alarm about COVID-19 outbreak on aircraft carrier

If we have a new CIC we will have a new sec of the navy.

I see the point, but it doesn't necessarily work that way. Ray Mabus was the Secretary of the Navy from 2009 to 2017. That's Obama and Trump.

The only reason a President would go out of his way to appoint military leaders upon election, those positions they are empowered to appoint, is if they wish to have a partisan supporter to his agendas.

I see the point, but it doesn't necessarily work that way. Ray Mabus was the Secretary of the Navy from 2009 to 2017. That's Obama and Trump.

The only reason a President would go out of his way to appoint military leaders upon election, those positions they are empowered to appoint, is if they wish to have a partisan supporter to his agendas.

The CIC does not promote captains. But his opinion holds a lot of sway with those that do

Great post. Thank you for your dedicated service bro.

I have instructed Aussies, Coasties, Turks, Israeli's, Marines and probably a few more. This is no slight to any branch of our valiant military but the Marines are in a class of their own. At least, from my personal observations. I swallow no pride saying they are the cream of the crop and the best America has to offer military-wise.

Of course, I agree. But we have our share of ****-birds too. Perhaps they are just a higher class of ****-bird. Ha.

As we all know, the Marines are technically a part of the Navy. But I'll be the first to tell you, the "Navy" should be known as part of the "Marines." It was often joked that we, the Navy, we're the guys that gave the Marines a ride to work. And that's not far from the truth. It is also my observation that the Navy had some of the best and brightest minds our nation had to offer. Now, that wouldn't be very helpful in a bar room brawl, but it gives me great satisfaction that today's Navy is capable of decimating a beach area before our finest Marines ever step foot on it. Unlike WW2 when they had to step over dead bodies to get to the beach.

I would like to think that the Navy and the Marines play an integral part together and are often connected at the hip. I served alongside too many to count and have remained friends with many of them to this day. I found great pleasure minimizing Marine casualties and "giving them a safe ride to work." I took my job seriously.

But, I also want to give a shout out to the Navy Aviators. They are, to flight warfare, what the Marines are to close-in warfare. Cream of the crop.

Oh, the Navy/Marine team has been imperative to success throughout America's history.

- The Barbary Pirates Wars signaled to the global powers that America could project beyond the hemisphere in order to protect economic interests, when they were preferring to keep paying ransoms.

- After 1900, the Navy had begun to create amphibious landing doctrine. They assumed that maritime attacks on the United States and its interests were possible in both the Pacific and the Caribbean, and given the thousands of miles the fleet would have to steam to provide security to the outermost bases. The General Board was convinced that it would require Marine expeditionary battalions that were capable in the hastily development of advanced bases, and it could not depend on the small and overextended Army to defend the bases in short, limited order.

- After the AEF arrived in France it was the Marines that halted the German Spring Offensive and Army General Pershing had to keep putting the Marines back in to keep the ground.

- By the 1930s, the Fleet Marine Force was developed. The Marines and the Navy began to modernize amphibious warfare.

- It was the Navy/Marine amphibious doctrine that pushed victory throughout the Pacific during World War II.

- It was this doctrine that Army General MacArthur used to promote the Battle of Inchon, in which the Navy cleared Soviet mines, with Marines spearheading the assault on Green, Red, and Blue Beach.

- It was the Marines who were used as a feint in order to turn Iraq's Republican Guard's attention towards the sea, whereas their backs were turned to our Army forces in the desert during the Gulf War.

- It was Army General Franks who assumed that America couldn't make use of the Marines in land-locked Afghanistan, because of an outdated way of thinking. But it was General Mattis who objected. It was Vice Admiral Moore who refused Frank's assumption and he put General Mattis in charge of Task Force 58 - the ships and the landing force. Thus it was Mattis who worked Pakistan into giving over airspace; and it was the Navy/Marine team that led the way to "Rhino." It took only twenty-eight days for the Navy, Marines, Army Special Operations, and the State Department to come up with the plan and it began with CH-53s flying Marines, with Navy F-14s and Marine Cobras ruining Taliban plans to object. Then Bush rightfully allowed Franks to make certain decisions, in which he ****ed it all up.

- It was Marines and Navy Corpsmen battling through the heart of Iraq in 2003, with Navy/Marine aviation providing most of the air cover through the central territory. Not because the other branches weren't good, but because the Navy understands Marine operational tempos.

* And in a few decades it will be the Navy who provides cover as Marines hit the beaches of Endor with Lightsabers and blasters, while others still wonder why the term generally used is "Send in the Marines."

****ing OORAH!!!

The CIC does not promote captains. But his opinion holds a lot of sway with those that do

It can. But I don't see how. Despite the responsibility involved, a Navy Captain is still low in terms of who the White House would focus on. I doubt any of them even know a Navy Captain (Marine Colonel) outside the halls of the Pentagon.

However, when it comes to this current issue and considering who the current CiC is, Trump would exert pressure for someone to "deal with it."

And notice how all the people who applaud this Captain's demise appear to also be Trump fans? Proving once again, that they betray their own military histories to cater to their irrational partisan loyalty.

Of course, I agree. But we have our share of ****-birds too. Perhaps they are just a higher class of ****-bird. Ha.

Oh, the Navy/Marine team has been imperative to success throughout America's history.

- The Barbary Pirates Wars signaled to the global powers that America could project beyond the hemisphere in order to protect economic interests, when they were preferring to keep paying ransoms.

- After 1900, the Navy had begun to create amphibious landing doctrine. They assumed that maritime attacks on the United States and its interests were possible in both the Pacific and the Caribbean, and given the thousands of miles the fleet would have to steam to provide security to the outermost bases. The General Board was convinced that it would require Marine expeditionary battalions that were capable in the hastily development of advanced bases, and it could not depend on the small and overextended Army to defend the bases in short, limited order.

- After the AEF arrived in France it was the Marines that halted the German Spring Offensive and Army General Pershing had to keep putting the Marines back in to keep the ground.

- By the 1930s, the Fleet Marine Force was developed. The Marines and the Navy began to modernize amphibious warfare.

- It was the Navy/Marine amphibious doctrine that pushed victory throughout the Pacific during World War II.

- It was this doctrine that Army General MacArthur used to promote the Battle of Inchon, in which the Navy cleared Soviet mines, with Marines spearheading the assault on Green, Red, and Blue Beach.

- It was the Marines who were used as a feint in order to turn Iraq's Republican Guard's attention towards the sea, whereas their backs were turned to our Army forces in the desert during the Gulf War.

- It was Army General Franks who assumed that America couldn't make use of the Marines in land-locked Afghanistan, because of an outdated way of thinking. But it was General Mattis who objected. It was Vice Admiral Moore who refused Frank's assumption and he put General Mattis in charge of Task Force 58 - the ships and the landing force. Thus it was Mattis who worked Pakistan into giving over airspace; and it was the Navy/Marine team that led the way to "Rhino." It took only twenty-eight days for the Navy, Marines, Army Special Operations, and the State Department to come up with the plan and it began with CH-53s flying Marines, with Navy F-14s and Marine Cobras ruining Taliban plans to object. Then Bush rightfully allowed Franks to make certain decisions, in which he ****ed it all up.

- It was Marines and Navy Corpsmen battling through the heart of Iraq in 2003, with Navy/Marine aviation providing most of the air cover through the central territory. Not because the other branches weren't good, but because the Navy understands Marine operational tempos.

* And in a few decades it will be the Navy who provides cover as Marines hit the beaches of Endor with Lightsabers and blasters, while others still wonder why the term generally used is "Send in the Marines."

****ing OORAH!!!

**** yeah! OORAH!

I could read your posts all day. Keep it coming.

It helps to be a historian. Crap just pops right into my head when I need it.

Not to go off topic but here lately I have been concerned with my own memory. A memory that is almost famous in my little world.. I have always had the BEST memory of anyone in the room.

But lately, I am forgetting little things.

I'm afraid I'm catching Sometimer's Disease. I'm not getting any younger and that is becoming more and more obvious on each day's passing.

Not to go off topic but here lately I have been concerned with my own memory. A memory that is almost famous in my little world.. I have always had the BEST memory of anyone in the room.

I'm afraid I'm catching Sometimer's Disease. I'm not getting any younger and that is becoming more and more obvious on each day's passing.
You are not alone.

If hes a carrier captain he was being groomed for admiral.

Now he'll get it sooner

And that displays utter ignorance of the repercussions of being relieved of Command

And that displays utter ignorance of the repercussions of being relieved of Command

Its politics. New administration.....new SECNAV

I have seen no evidence of this....Trump is all True/Not True and Succeed/Fail, which is exactly what we need in a CINC, and is exactly what Obama is most certainly not.

I really can't believe you typed that, and meant it.

Is it age? Maybe a compartmentalization thing with distance? I'll explain. My life is compartmentalized into three phases (so far):

- Phase 1: Twenty-years of Marine brat growing up.

- Phase 2: Twenty years of Marine Active Duty.

- Phase 3: Eight years of University and on.

With each phase I tend to forget more and more of what came before. During my military phase, some events were intense and tended to overshadow other parts of even that phase. And now, when I am with some of my former Marines who experienced me for a brief moment during my career, in which for some summed up as all of their Active Duty time, the "remember when" stories tend to be blurry. We even remember details differently. This is due to not only having different ranks (exposing us differently to the same things) and experienced-level perspectives (leaving greater or lesser impressions about the same things) during the time, but also whether or not one was here or there at any given moment. Such as, my team could be on one street, one of my Sergeant's teams on the other, and we would both have a different perspective of the day as we play off of what happened.

Military recollection can be tricky, which is why debriefing is normally immediate. The longer you get away, the more compromised your memory can get. It's the same thing when it comes to getting away from your Active Duty time. You just tend to forget the thousands and thousands of memories. As in...

"Hey I was on that ship twenty-seven years ago!"
"Cool, what do you remember from it?"
"It floated."

You tend to remember the people around you; and even that can become just an idea of who they were.

Inside the ouster of Capt. Brett Crozier

". . . One detail that especially troubled Modly was that Crozier allegedly hadn’t shared the memo with Rear Adm. Stuart Baker, the commander of the multi-ship Roosevelt strike group and Crozier’s immediate superior. . . .
Richard Danzig, who served as Navy secretary during the Clinton administration, told me: “If Capt. Crozier carelessly or intentionally jumped abruptly outside of military channels, then the Navy had good cause for removing him. But I doubt it was good judgment to rush to do it at this time.” "

He sent his letter to "20 or 30" people. That guaranteed it would leak.

He did not send out 20 or 30 letters. He sent one but on an unsecured line that others could access. Once you have written to the appropriate people that you have over 100 people down sick with more to come and they don't do anything the chain of command isn't working. Who was he supposed to write to? The Navy is just lucky that they didn't have a dead sailor on hand to cover up.

He did not send out 20 or 30 letters. He sent one but on an unsecured line that others could access. Once you have written to the appropriate people that you have over 100 people down sick with more to come and they don't do anything the chain of command isn't working. Who was he supposed to write to? The Navy is just lucky that they didn't have a dead sailor on hand to cover up.

He sent the letter via email to "20 or 30" people. And he never sent it to his immediate superior. Please see #338.

Back
Top Bottom