• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell Announces He's Launching 'MyStore,' a Patriotic Rival to Amazon

One must understand that if you want to compete with Amazon is that it is more than just the products you sell, it is the shipping too. Can you offer products at a competitive price and compete with the fast shipping Amazon offers?
Yeah, honestly they succeed because they offer a bunch of stuff, and it's delivered in my area within 2 days - almost everything I buy. I try to use smaller companies when I can, but they've frequently decided to use Amazon as a selling platform and their purchase option on their own website takes you to....Amazon for fulfillment.

In other cases, like some leather leashes I bought this year - Leerburg, awesome leashes - you can buy from the Leerburg store on Amazon and get the same product, while you're also getting some batteries or whatever. I still bought direct from Leerburg, but that illustrates the problem - those selling anything often believe listing on Amazon is worth the cut they have to pay.

I think its a splendid idea and one that is overdue. I can see a market for the theme he is promoting. He is offering conservatives an alternative to the woke corporate products. This is the correct response to the Baizuo (knew some of you would of been disappointed if I had not slipped that word in my post somewhere lol) culture war.

I wish him the best of luck in his venture.

You now think it is splendid for a person to try to boycott and cancel a company they don't like over the things it says?

Funny how that keeps happening. Letters next to the name sure seem to have a lot of power.

But as to your notion that the soon to be bankrupt dipshit has any chance of success, :ROFLMAO:

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell Announces He's Launching 'MyStore,' a Patriotic Rival to Amazon https://www.newsweek.com/mypillow-c...nching-mystore-patriotic-rival-amazon-1583037

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell on Monday announced that he's launching "MyStore," an online marketplace for entrepreneurs that will rival Amazon, the largest global internet-based store.

Speaking on Steve Bannon's War Room: Pandemic, Lindell said, "I'm looking at another thing we're going to be launching, which is MyStore, which is a rival to Amazon."

Currently, a version of MyStore is on the MyPillow website, featuring a range of patriotic and miscellaneous products, including "Freedom Flags," "Freedom Coffee," "USA Flag Pole," and conservative books about former President Donald Trump.

Lindell boasted that his online store will include a range of products from "entrepreneurs and investors" in a video shared on the site.

"For years entrepreneurs and inventors have come to me with products and ideas. They don't know how to market them and I haven't had the time to show them. And now today, I am proud to announce this platform called MyStore.com," he said in the clip. "I am going to put vetted products from great entrepreneurs on here, like you see a sampling of them here today, that are going to change this country."

He added: "We're finally going to be able to see these products and be able to get these great entrepreneurs, their great ideas, out to you, the public."

The section of MyStore on the MyPillow website appears to have been added over two years ago. In October 2019, Lindell promoted the platform at the Made In America 2019 event.

It is unclear how the new version of MyStore will differ from the existing. Newsweek reached out to MyPillow representatives for further information about the development of MyStore.

After being banned from Twitter for promoting inaccurate election theories, Lindell announced in early March that he will be launching a new social media platform called Frank, which he claims to have been working on for several years. The site is scheduled to launch April 20 after delays.

On Saturday, Lindell sent out an email promoting his upcoming conspiracy theory documentary, Absolute Interference, which will also be released April 20. Since Trump lost the White House to Joe Biden last year, Lindell has repeatedly promoted baseless claims that the 2020 election was stolen by the Democrats.

"Mike Lindell presents Absolute Interference," the promotional email for the new video said. "The sequel to Absolute Proof with new evidence foreign & domestic enemies used computers to hack the 2020 election." Absolute Proof was released this February.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jeff Bezos will probably peed his pants laughing if he reads this story.

Mike Lindell has a backup conspiracy story to the Dominion one that he can't use anymore

View attachment 67328270
That is ridiculous. The guy should be in a mental institute if he thinks he can compete with Bezos and Amazon.

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell Announces He's Launching 'MyStore,' a Patriotic Rival to Amazon https://www.newsweek.com/mypillow-c...nching-mystore-patriotic-rival-amazon-1583037

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell on Monday announced that he's launching "MyStore," an online marketplace for entrepreneurs that will rival Amazon, the largest global internet-based store.

Speaking on Steve Bannon's War Room: Pandemic, Lindell said, "I'm looking at another thing we're going to be launching, which is MyStore, which is a rival to Amazon."

Currently, a version of MyStore is on the MyPillow website, featuring a range of patriotic and miscellaneous products, including "Freedom Flags," "Freedom Coffee," "USA Flag Pole," and conservative books about former President Donald Trump.

Lindell boasted that his online store will include a range of products from "entrepreneurs and investors" in a video shared on the site.

"For years entrepreneurs and inventors have come to me with products and ideas. They don't know how to market them and I haven't had the time to show them. And now today, I am proud to announce this platform called MyStore.com," he said in the clip. "I am going to put vetted products from great entrepreneurs on here, like you see a sampling of them here today, that are going to change this country."

He added: "We're finally going to be able to see these products and be able to get these great entrepreneurs, their great ideas, out to you, the public."

The section of MyStore on the MyPillow website appears to have been added over two years ago. In October 2019, Lindell promoted the platform at the Made In America 2019 event.

It is unclear how the new version of MyStore will differ from the existing. Newsweek reached out to MyPillow representatives for further information about the development of MyStore.

After being banned from Twitter for promoting inaccurate election theories, Lindell announced in early March that he will be launching a new social media platform called Frank, which he claims to have been working on for several years. The site is scheduled to launch April 20 after delays.

On Saturday, Lindell sent out an email promoting his upcoming conspiracy theory documentary, Absolute Interference, which will also be released April 20. Since Trump lost the White House to Joe Biden last year, Lindell has repeatedly promoted baseless claims that the 2020 election was stolen by the Democrats.

"Mike Lindell presents Absolute Interference," the promotional email for the new video said. "The sequel to Absolute Proof with new evidence foreign & domestic enemies used computers to hack the 2020 election." Absolute Proof was released this February.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike Lindell has a backup conspiracy story to the Dominion one that he can't use anymore

View attachment 67328270
Good, the Trump Klan Party cultists can continue to support this loon, and continue to use his discount code "QAnon". They're okay with that, the republican party is dead.

Honestly, bongsaway? Yes. All monopolies, near-monopolies or oligopolies, even ones which provide magnificent goods and services at rock-bottom prices are ultimately a detriment to society. The reason being is that once a monopoly is established, especially over necessities, they have control over our lives. It is effective governmental power except without accountability.
Amazon is not the only place selling cotton balls.

Yes, I worry too about Amazon's power.

We have one huge Amazon fulfillment center in my town with an additional one being built. The county has bent over backwards to accomodate them as they will bring in some tax dollars and provide employment. But I have a valid concern those huge number of minumum wage employees will soon be replaced by automation.
What were they doing before Amazon came to town?

Amazon is not the only place selling cotton balls.

That is not how monopoly has been defined under our jurisprudence, reflechissez. Standard Oil was not the only oil company in the United States when they were broken up. They were just so powerful and could afford to sell oil products below cost to put any rival out of business. The question is therefore not whether Amazon is the only seller of cotton balls. The question is whether if Amazon wanted to put every cotton ball manufacturer in the United States out of business to become both a monopoly seller of cotton balls and a monopsony buyer of raw cotton for cotton balls, could they do so? And they almost certainly could. And if so, they should be broken up.

What were they doing before Amazon came to town?
I personally don't know each individual. True they have given many some min wage jobs.

The city and country whole heartedly welcome them to town with tax advantages and even a new road to the facility. And really who wouldn't welcome industry as such.

But there is a concern there is another plan to replace those workers with automation soon. And that is part of progress but it would have been nice to know that bait to bring employment as a bargaining chip is only temporary.

That is not how monopoly has been defined under our jurisprudence, reflechissez. Standard Oil was not the only oil company in the United States when they were broken up. They were just so powerful and could afford to sell oil products below cost to put any rival out of business. The question is therefore not whether Amazon is the only seller of cotton balls. The question is whether if Amazon wanted to put every cotton ball manufacturer in the United States out of business to become both a monopoly seller of cotton balls and a monopsony buyer of raw cotton for cotton balls, could they do so? And they almost certainly could. And if so, they should be broken up.
Nah.

According to the USDA, the market value of all cotton crops and products in the United States is $21 billion. If you do not think Amazon, a company with a market capitalization of 1.7 trillion dollars, could not afford to buy up all the United States’s cotton crop if they were of a mind to do so, I think you are mistaken.

Last edited:

View attachment 67328270

Speaking strictly objectively, it's a brilliant idea. With a large majority of big corporations catering to the opinions of the left it only makes sense that someone steps in to fill the vacuum. Based on the results of the election, it's nearly half the country. Throwing the word patriotic in there indicates just how well this guy understands his target market, as it implies that these big corporations that are more interested in leftist money are unpatriotic, in addition to telling the American right that they come second, in terms of being worth pandering to. Many bruised egos will be all in on this placebo.

What will be interesting to see is how much of the goods are made in America, and what that will look like, in terms of competitiveness and affordability. Something tells me if it were that easy, the big guys would be doing it already...but maybe he knows something they don't...hehe... If not, the American right will need to decide between having to save up to buy Made in America at a premium, or find a way to get a little fast and loose with the concept of patriotism in the conservative economics sense, so that they can continue this feel good rally vibe.

I think I'll buy some popcorn on Amazon.... ;)

I have not seen his site to have an opinion of it. His idea is solid and its been done before.

Pepsi took a market share from Coke. Fox took a market share of the cable news market. Lindell can do it if he has a good business model.

LOL... lots of people talk crap, building a tech business that scales is a LOT harder than it looks..

According to the USDA, the market value of all cotton crops and products in the United States is $21 billion. If you do not think Amazon, a company with a market capitalization of 1.7 trillion dollars, could not afford to buy up all the United States’s cotton crop if they were of a mind to do so, I think you are mistaken.
This is silly. Why would they do that?

If we are being glib: Probably watching their main streets gutted by Wal-Mart and Amazon, and their manufacturing jobs outsourced to labor camps in China.
Well hold on now.... One of Donald's campaign promises was to bring manufacturing back from China. I guess we're looking at ANOTHER campaign promise broken by dear incompetent Donald 😕

View attachment 67328270
He visited Trump shortly before the insurrection and suggested he declare martial law.

Well hold on now.... One of Donald's campaign promises was to bring manufacturing back from China. I guess we're looking at ANOTHER campaign promise broken by dear incompetent Donald 😕

It's almost as though the man was not completely on the level.

Back
Top Bottom