• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My new toy.....

This entire f****** thread pisses me off! I started a tool thread once and nobody cared, Liz starts one and it's off to the races! WTF?:lol:

I didn't see your thread. You must have a lot of power tools in your line of work, eh? One thing I don't do is plumbing. Thats a man's job. lol

I didn't see your thread. You must have a lot of power tools in your line of work, eh? One thing I don't do is plumbing. Thats a man's job. lol

I hate plumbing. every time I have to do it, I remember why freakin plumbers charge you $60/hr

This entire f****** thread pisses me off! I started a tool thread once and nobody cared, Liz starts one and it's off to the races! WTF?:lol:

face it...you may have a bigger tool, but Lizzie has a nicer rack

Not my line of work really but I have built a couple of houses for myself and remodeled a few to flip back in the boom era.

But, Moot, you need to check it out first. It isn't for doing manis and pedis.

Ahh, now you tell me.

wifes-wish.jpg

JK...I still have all my digits.

My biggest gripe about power tools is some are too big for women's hands. For instance, some of the battery packs on the drills were just too hard to get off unless you have big hands. So I had to get my husband to take them off for me. Very frustrating if he wasn't home.

I hate plumbing. every time I have to do it, I remember why freakin plumbers charge you $60/hr

I went out with a friend who's a plumber one day and learned a lot. He was caulking around a toilet in a low income housing unit and stuck his fingers in the toilet bowl to moisten them to spread the caulk. Then it was lunch time and he opened up a sandwich and started eating. I about fell over! These guys lose perspective of what they are doing. What I learned is, NEVER be a plumber!

Not my line of work really but I have built a couple of houses for myself and remodeled a few to flip back in the boom era.

Thats cool. We just moved into a short sale and it needs a lot of work. I'm learning a lot from youtube videos on home repair. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to put flashing along the bottom of exterior stucco wall so I can put a concret patio in to replace the old rotted wood deck. I hope to have it done before winter sets in.

I had a hard time cutting 4x4s with my recip saw with the guard on and don't get me started on all that crap they put on table saws!:lol:

I would have been very happy to have a front table gaurd on that old Sears Marksman table saw 26 years ago. But then, I wouldn't have my "special" fingers.

BTW those blades don't even slow down when taking your fingers off. A nice clean cut though, easy to put them back on (if you consider 14 hours of surgery "easy"), although a bit shorter and missing a joint.

Ahh, now you tell me.

wifes-wish.jpg

JK...I still have all my digits.

My biggest gripe about power tools is some are too big for women's hands. For instance, some of the battery packs on the drills were just too hard to get off unless you have big hands. So I had to get my husband to take them off for me. Very frustrating if he wasn't home.

:rofl Excellent!

Back
Top Bottom