• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My new toy.....

If you own a house.....power tools are the best gifts. I have most of the power tools mentioned but I recently bought a Makita Rotary Hammerchipper and it's fast becoming my favorite tool along with the hand grinder. I gave up on battery powered drills and went back to the kind with a plug.

So what are you going to make with your new toy, Lizzie?

WTF? You are way old fashioned, NOBODY uses cord drills anymore! :lol:

First thing I do is remove all that crap, it just gets in the way. Tried cutting a 4x4 yet?

No, but my old chop saw handles them quite nicely, and with the guard in place. Seriously, I have seen too many injuries to want to take the chance. The only safety device that I don't like is the extra pushbutton (on the handle) to engage the power.

No, but my old chop saw handles them quite nicely, and with the guard in place. Seriously, I have seen too many injuries to want to take the chance. The only safety device that I don't like is the extra pushbutton (on the handle) to engage the power.

You must have a big old chop saw.

You must have a big old chop saw.

I have a couple of them. A larger Rigid, and a smaller and more portable Ryobi. Either one will do the job. I prefer the Ryobi because I can take it out to the garden for cutting 4x4 cedar posts, which I used in the garden this year for fencing.

One of my hobbies is building birdhouses, but the reason I bought this one is that my son and I are currently building him a cabin to live in, out here on my property, and it made the job of cutting 2x10's and 2x12's much easier. I'm all for making the job easier, and the cuts straight and precise.

I bought a sliding miter saw for the same reason. But I bought a cheap one at Harbor Freight and I sure can tell the difference in quality from a better brand. I like to recycle or repurpose old furniture and do my own remolding. Currently, I'm working on putting in some old french doors I found in the classifieds into a giant hole I demo'd out of a wall between our kitchen and living room. It's probably the biggest project I"ve taken on so far. Anyway, it's great to see other women love power tools. It's very empowering.

I have a couple of them. A larger Rigid, and a smaller and more portable Ryobi. Either one will do the job. I prefer the Ryobi because I can take it out to the garden for cutting 4x4 cedar posts, which I used in the garden this year for fencing.

I had a hard time cutting 4x4s with my recip saw with the guard on and don't get me started on all that crap they put on table saws!:lol:

I bought a sliding miter saw for the same reason. But I bought a cheap one at Harbor Freight and I sure can tell the difference in quality from a better brand. I like to recycle or repurpose old furniture and do my own remolding. Currently, I'm working on putting in some old french doors I found in the classifieds into a giant hole I demo'd out of a wall between our kitchen and living room. It's probably the biggest project I"ve taken on so far. Anyway, it's great to see other women love power tools. It's very empowering.

Women with power tools scare me, when I see my wife walk by with a drill I panic! WTF are you going to do with THAT?:lol:

WTF? You are way old fashioned, NOBODY uses cord drills anymore! :lol:

I know but the batteries kept dying out and if I have to wait for batteries to charge, the project waits longer before I get back to it.

Besides, the electric drill has more power, imo.

The only tools I've bought from Harbor Freight that were good, were two angle grinders about 10 years ago. They held up well until the past one or two years. The only other tool I bought there was a cordless drill, and it was awful. I like good tools, and if I could afford it, I would buy power tools made in the US, but they are now rare and very expensive.

Women with power tools scare me, when I see my wife walk by with a drill I panic! WTF are you going to do with THAT?:lol:
lol

Power tools opens up a whole new world of creativity and independence for women. The next power tool I want to get is a nail gun.

is a tool. A couple of weeks ago, I went to Lowe's and bought a new miter saw, but it slides, so it can cut 2x lumber which is up to 12" wide. I love it. It's sort of like having a mini-radial arm saw, but without the expense or bulk. It was under $200, which is great, considering what it does. After using it for a few hours, I can report that it seems like an excellent bargain, and I recommend it for home use. It may not hold up for professional use, but for my purposes, it's just right. Google Image Result for http://images.lowes.com/product/converted/000999/000999312108.jpg=_

compound miter saws are great. I have the DeWalt model from Holmes Depot. great for trim and crown molding work.

I know but the batteries kept dying out and if I have to wait for batteries to charge, the project waits longer before I get back to it.

Besides, the electric drill has more power, imo.

You can't buy really cheap ones or the battery doesn't last and you need 18 volts. I have a Ryobi that was only $100.00 and it's great, you can drive 3 inch screws steady for an hour.

Ryobi 18-Volt One+ Lithium-Ion Drill Kit-P817 at The Home Depot

is a tool. A couple of weeks ago, I went to Lowe's and bought a new miter saw, but it slides, so it can cut 2x lumber which is up to 12" wide. I love it. It's sort of like having a mini-radial arm saw, but without the expense or bulk. It was under $200, which is great, considering what it does. After using it for a few hours, I can report that it seems like an excellent bargain, and I recommend it for home use. It may not hold up for professional use, but for my purposes, it's just right. Google Image Result for http://images.lowes.com/product/converted/000999/000999312108.jpg=_

Be very careful, lizzie. Many men are attracted to wimmins who love power tools. That's sexy! You rock, Liz! :rock :thumbs:

Thread title: My new toy.....

Me thinks Lizzie is one hell of a tease.....

Be very careful, lizzie. Many men are attracted to wimmins who love power tools. That's sexy! You rock, Liz! :rock :thumbs:

haha- apparently so. A good friend of mine met a woman in Home Depot a few months ago, and they got married a couple of week ago. :lol:

And thanks. :kissy:

lol

Power tools opens up a whole new world of creativity and independence for women. The next power tool I want to get is a nail gun.

But, Moot, you need to check it out first. It isn't for doing manis and pedis.

A woman doing some sort of construction project with a power tool is just as sexy to me as a woman who can have multiple orgasms

In either case, she's doing something I don't know how to do.

You can't buy really cheap ones or the battery doesn't last and you need 18 volts. I have a Ryobi that was only $100.00 and it's great, you can drive 3 inch screws steady for an hour.

Ryobi 18-Volt One+ Lithium-Ion Drill Kit-P817 at The Home Depot

I had a Ryobi and a DeWalt cordless. The Ryobi I had was a gift and it never had enough power and the batteries wouldn't hold a charge. They stopped making replacement batteries for the DeWalt model that I had. But again, when the batteries died down in the middle of project it was just too annoying so I just switched back to electric and have been quite happy with it.

haha- apparently so. A good friend of mine met a woman in Home Depot a few months ago, and they got married a couple of week ago. :lol:

And thanks. :kissy:

"...she's independent, she does her own plumbing"

I had a Ryobi and a DeWalt cordless. The Ryobi I had was a gift and it never had enough power and the batteries wouldn't hold a charge. They stopped making replacement batteries for the DeWalt model that I had. But again, when the batteries died down in the middle of project it was just too annoying so I just switched back to electric and have been quite happy with it.

You probably had the 12 volt one.

Back
Top Bottom