• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

msnbc fair and balanced ?

washamericom

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
some of the people on nbc seem biased to me, odonald, madov, and matthews who offered the apology/antidote. do the people that whatch these channels/people think it'd biased ??

does this network favor obama ?

Last edited:
MSNBC apologizes for Mitt Romney-Klan references | Reuters

NEW YORK (TheWrap.com) - MSNBC apologized Wednesday night for a report earlier that day that claimed Mitt Romney was using a Ku Klux Klan phrase as a campaign slogan.

Chris Matthews apologized on behalf of the network on his show "Hardball," noting that the report was "irresponsible" and "incendiary" and that the network showed an "appalling lack of judgment."

The initial report, given by Thomas Roberts shortly before noon, was based on a post from left-leaning website Americablog on Tuesday, which pointed out that KKK literature often used the phrase "Keep America America." It then provided an example of Romney using the phrase, and has provided more examples since MSNBC apologized.

That's the first thing.

Second thing is OF COURSE IT'S BIAS!

It's one of the only news shows we get on our crappy cable so I watch it now and then, and all it basically does is follow the Fox News model on the other end of the spectrum.

It's just another example of how crap the American Media is in general.

What I love is how many people rail against Banks and Oil Companies in some of the segments on MSNBC while the Commercial Breaks in between are for banks and Oil Companies.

Television is entertainment. Television is entertainment. Television is entertainment. Repeat that mantra America! Television news is infotainment. Television news is propaganda. Almost nothing that involves the complex machinations of governance can be explained in the a 30 second sound bite, which by the way, is the average attention span of a television viewer. "News" programs are paid for by advertisers. There is no way in hell that television is unbiased including MSNBC.

Yes, MSNBC is inherently biased because they run a 24-hour news cycle and need to find ways to fill the hours - most of the time it's going to be ****. With that being said, choosing a campaign slogan that the KKK also ran is ****ing stupid (if in fact that is based on truth and that appears to be up in the air right now).

All of the major news networks have some sort of bias, a manner of limiting or prioritizing information.

You want unbiased news about politics? Watch CSPAN.

There's no doubt there is bias. If you want straight news, you'll not find it on any 24/7 news stations.

I get my US news from the BBC because it is much less biased. All of the US outlets including newspapers, magazines and broadcast media are biased. I gave up on the US media back in the 1970s.

I get my US news from the BBC because it is much less biased. All of the US outlets including newspapers, magazines and broadcast media are biased. I gave up on the US media back in the 1970s.

There's nothing wrong with Brian Williams or any of the evening news broadcasts, IMO.

All of the major news networks have some sort of bias, a manner of limiting or prioritizing information.

You want unbiased news about politics? Watch CSPAN.

Meh, I don't know about that, lol. If you watch C-SPAN then you have a direct line to the politicians themselves, and no one is going to bend information and lie more than those people. ;)

NEWS has become a joke that nobody takes serious. They are like a Saturday Night Live skit.

Fixed it for ya.
And they do have a SNL kinda show about news. Its called the Daily Show

The 3 you mentioned are most definitely biased and slanted to the left along with ED....Having said that, watch foxnews and you will see the same thing to the right....

If you compare fox and friends to morning joe....Morning Joe is far more fair and balanced

The 3 you mentioned are most definitely biased and slanted to the left along with ED....Having said that, watch foxnews and you will see the same thing to the right....

If you compare fox and friends to morning joe....Morning Joe is far more fair and balanced

agreed..
you need to use common sense when watching the recycled news channels. there are good commentators and definitely bad commentators.

some of the people on nbc seem biased to me, odonald, madov, and matthews who offered the apology/antidote. do the people that whatch these channels/people think it'd biased ??

Just like with Fox, these are political entertainers, not journalists, and as such, bias is what they are paid for.

MSNBC has become a joke that nobody takes serious. They are like a Saturday Night Live skit.

Fox is every bit as bad. The difference is righties rarely admit it. And it's the only place righties can get a really nice dose of Kool Aid.

MSNBC is certainly not fair and balanced, but at least they are not using the hypocritical "fair and balanced" as their slogan :)

MSNBC has become a joke that nobody takes serious. They are like a Saturday Night Live skit.

As opposed to Fox News, who sets new standards daily in the comedy value that can be obtained from news. The difference between Fox and MSNBC is that the latter doesn't claim to be Fair and Balanced, unlike the right wing loons who work for the Australian megalomaniac at Fox.

I'm just curious who ever made the claim MSNBC was "Fair and Balanced". I've never seen a poster claim that and have never seen MSNBC claim that.

is msnbc claiming to be fair and balanced?

I giggle every time I see MSNBC: Lean Forward.

Back
Top Bottom