• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Moscow Skyscraper Talks Continued Through ‘the Day I Won,’ Trump Is Said to Acknowledge

Oh my....You mean that a businessman that builds hotels and resorts internationally was trying to build a hotel internationally until he won the Presidency? The horror!

So, if someone is running for President of the United States they are supposed to end all business they are doing before they win said office? That seems stupid....

So, what you are saying, is that if anyone considers even running for president, they have to give up their current business to do so...And if they don't win, what then?

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

As others have noted, the issue was not, and is not, his attempt to con some Russian into building a Trump Tower. It is the fact that Trump continually LIED about the potential deal which cause many of us to wonder what he has not LIED about. For instance, the ongoing refusal to release his tax returns probably because they would reveal even more LIES.

Remember when he sued a reporter for writing that Trump wasn't a billionaire and Trump lost the case because he couldn't show the court that he was actually a billionaire.

Trump is a LIAR and he obviously can't stop himself from continuing to LIE

You realize this isn't just a little white lie? This is the american president looking a foreign adversary in the face and saying "I'd really like to build a hotel, I'll use your banks for the loans, this could be really good for both of us wink wink nudge nudge" while looking the american people in the face and outright denying that he has any dealings in Russia what so ever, even attacking the FBI, DOJ and the media for daring to accuse him of having dealings in Russia. You need to take a step back and honest to god take a look at this.

I think what you are confusing here is that a letter of intent, is not "business dealings".... All that is, is a business telling a prospect that they are willing to see IF business can be done....

What proof do you have that he even knew about where in this process his company actually was? Giuliani laid it out pretty good yesterday on two different liberal Sunday shows...There was NO deal. All they had was some flimsy letter of intention to try and do business by building a hotel in Moscow...That is NOT a deal, or doing business in any form...

And even if they had finalized plans to start building, how is that illegal? And from what I understand is that Cohen was in charge of this attempt to do the hotel in Moscow...You'd have to show that when he made that statement he actually had some involvement beyond what has been reported...

So why did he repeatedly lie about it?

Is Trump compromised? Definitely. Why else would Trump hide all private discussions between himself and Putin during 5 separate meetings?

These are hidden from everyone, even his Cabinet officials and his closest top aides.

This is another area where Trump has compromised himself. With no American witnesses or written record, Moscow can mold the meetings-narrative any way it wishes.

And what proof do you have that this occurred? Seems to me you are speculating based on your dislike of the man...

If you spent half the energy on being willfully ignorant to the MOUNTAIN of little pieces of evidence that your "president" is little more than a bumbling fool unfit for office, and scambling for every conspiracy thoery and confirmation bias to believe that the libs just arbitrarily hate the guy "for no reason", and spent it on finding a candidate that actually believes in your causes and would truly fight for them, you might get somewhare.

No, instead you hitch your wagon to King TangFace, and it's going to devastate the GOP, for years. It really should depress you, but objective reality has gone so far off your radar that you live on a steady diet of confirmation bias.

I think even some of your side realized Trump is going to have a hard time getting to 2020, much less ever getting a serious re-election bid, but at this point, have invested so much on this **** show, that there just is no exit ramp, so you guys desperately hope the GOP Senate will successfully shirk their duties and cover for this guy. That's not gonna happen if it hurts their re-election bids. Way things are going, even the GOP will have to turn on him.

But keep whistling while you walk past that graveyard, does seem to be all you've got at this point.:roll:

As others have noted, the issue was not, and is not, his attempt to con some Russian into building a Trump Tower. It is the fact that Trump continually LIED about the potential deal which cause many of us to wonder what he has not LIED about. For instance, the ongoing refusal to release his tax returns probably because they would reveal even more LIES.

Remember when he sued a reporter for writing that Trump wasn't a billionaire and Trump lost the case because he couldn't show the court that he was actually a billionaire.

Trump is a LIAR and he obviously can't stop himself from continuing to LIE

:roll: oh please....The lack of understand what "doing business" is in here is evident...This is driven by political hacks to smear rather than any objectivity in the matter...There wasn't even a "potential" anything here....All there was, is a willingness to build in Russia, IF they could reach a deal....That's it....

I don't think he did....I think that sitting at the head of a hotel/resort empire like Trump did, he doesn't specifically know ALL of the stages in process of every project...That's why leaders of large companies like this delegate....

LOL.

Trump doesn’t run a large company.

There’s about 20 people who work for him.

And reports are, and have been for years, that very little goes on in his company without his direct approval.

What proof do you have that he even knew about where in this process his company actually was? Giuliani laid it out pretty good yesterday on two different liberal Sunday shows...There was NO deal. All they had was some flimsy letter of intention to try and do business by building a hotel in Moscow...That is NOT a deal, or doing business in any form...

And even if they had finalized plans to start building, how is that illegal? And from what I understand is that Cohen was in charge of this attempt to do the hotel in Moscow...You'd have to show that when he made that statement he actually had some involvement beyond what has been reported...

Everything I have ever read or heard about Trump and his company is that he is an extremely hands on owner who wants to know everything about what goes on around him and wants to make the final decisions on anything of importance. If you read his books or listen to interviews this comes across in spades and has been long established.

The idea that his key people would be active in trying to get Moscow Trump Tower built as late as November with the election days away and he knew nothing about it is simply folly that rational thinking people can no more accept than the idea that there are lost peoples living in the center of a hollow earth.

Using the prospect of having the office of the Presidency for the sole purpose to further one’s own financial ambitions used to be considered a bad thing in this country.

Did the tower get built?

I don't think he did....I think that sitting at the head of a hotel/resort empire like Trump did, he doesn't specifically know ALL of the stages in process of every project...That's why leaders of large companies like this delegate....

But, I want to go back to the standard you were promoting earlier, and now seem to be shifting away from that...We want accomplished people to run for President right? In this election we wanted an accomplished businessman to take the office to get this country growing again...How would you expect to attract anyone to this office if it were a requirement to destroy their careers to do such...?

Plus, you didn't answer the question about legality to build a hotel in Russia....Do you think that is illegal?

Without touching the issue as to whether or not the President is actually an accomplished business man.... in the past, people seeking the Presidency would do whatever they could to remove themselves from even a whiff of impropriety. Blind trusts and the like.

To suggest though that the President did not know the details of a real estate deal that he has been pursuing since the 90’s is really dumb imo.

And I ask once again... if there was nothing wrong with it... why did they hide it? If there was nothing wrong... then why not talk about it at the myriad of rallies that he held? It certainly would have shown his business acumen that he was running on.

Is Trump compromised? Definitely. Why else would Trump hide all private discussions between himself and Putin during 5 separate meetings?

These are hidden from everyone, even his Cabinet officials and his closest top aides.

This is another area where Trump has compromised himself. With no American witnesses or written record, Moscow can mold the meetings-narrative any way it wishes.

If there was nothing wrong with it... then why have they worked so hard to hide it?

If the tower didn't get built, this is irrelevant.

LOL.

And reports are, and have been for years, that very little goes on in his company without his direct approval.

It's one thing to speculate, quite another to act as if you know for a fact...

It’s step 3!

0c0a47e9f917603b5affb0d712bc0a19.jpg

Ok, so all you have is to ad hom attack me....Got it.

If the tower didn't get built, this is irrelevant.

Of course it is relavent.

Would Donald Trump be the President if during the campaign people knew he was in direct talks with Russian business interests the entire time?

They hid it because they knew it was bad.

LOL.

Trump actually has pretty much run a small company into the ground repeatedly. Had it not been for the Apprentice, he'd have gone broke been history long ago.

Now he'd like to just run the USA into the ground, declare bankruptcy and cut his losses, that's pretty much the plan he seems to be executing, being as that's about all he's ever had skills wise. Too bad government doen't work like that. Unfortunately since he's not interested in learning, well, here we are.:roll:

If there was nothing wrong with it... then why have they worked so hard to hide it?

What do you mean by "worked hard"? The project was Cohen's...Trump had no reason to know about anything unless there was something to know about....

Of course it is relavent.

Would Donald Trump be the President if during the campaign people knew he was in direct talks with Russian business interests the entire time?

They hid it because they knew it was bad.

The project wasn't started. It doesn't matter who talked to who about a project that never happened.

It's one thing to speculate, quite another to act as if you know for a fact...

The fact is, he doesn’t run a large company by any stretch of the imagination.

The other fact is that virtually every piece of reporting going back decades says he’s an extremely hands-on owner of his business.

A third fact is he repeatedly lied about multiple things involving Russia, including his business interests.

What do you mean by "worked hard"? The project was Cohen's...Trump had no reason to know about anything unless there was something to know about....

The project wasn’t just Cohen’s.

To suggest that the President didn’t know about a major ongoing deal with a foreign government that his company was working doesn’t speak well as to his skills in running the country.

Oh my....You mean that a businessman that builds hotels and resorts internationally was trying to build a hotel internationally until he won the Presidency? The horror!

So, if someone is running for President of the United States they are supposed to end all business they are doing before they win said office? That seems stupid....

So, what you are saying, is that if anyone considers even running for president, they have to give up their current business to do so...And if they don't win, what then?

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

I think what you are confusing here is that a letter of intent, is not "business dealings".... All that is, is a business telling a prospect that they are willing to see IF business can be done....

Why did Trump continue to LIE about the deal if it was so inconsequential. During a news conference in Jan 2017
“I have no dealings with Russia, I have no deals in Russia, I have no deals that could happen in Russia because we stayed away,” Trump said. “We could make deals in Russia very easily if we wanted to. I just don’t want to because I think that would be a conflict. So I have no loans, no dealings, and no current pending deals.”

The Letter of Intent link

After his former 'fixer', Michael Cohen pleaded guilty to multiple charges, Trump began to claim --
“I talked about it on the campaign trail,” Trump said, falsely, before adding that he “Lightly looked at doing a building somewhere in Russia.”

During a question-and-answer session with reporters on November 29, last year, Trump referred to the letter of intent but suggested he never signed it.

“I don’t even remember it"

Trump actually has pretty much run a small company into the ground repeatedly. Had it not been for the Apprentice, he'd have gone broke been history long ago.

Now he'd like to just run the USA into the ground, declare bankruptcy and cut his losses, that's pretty much the plan he seems to be executing, being as that's about all he's ever had skills wise. Too bad government doen't work like that. Unfortunately since he's not interested in learning, well, here we are.:roll:

LOL....You libs are funny people....

Best GDP in a decade
Lowest unemployment in history

If that's "running America into the ground" then I'm all for it....

Back
Top Bottom