• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Mitt Romney announcing VP selection tomorrow (Saturday), 9 ET[W:134, 926]

Re: My honest gut about the Ryan pick is ...

do you even think his posts indicate he has the cred to operate a business?
anyone can be anything on the internet

well bubba, tell us what business experience your hero obama had.

Re: Mitt Romney announcing VP selection tomorrow (Saturday), 9 ET[W:134]

That is not causing businesses to not hire right now, it is a matter of demand.....and you just said you want states to take care of "the problem" (not hiring). The only thing states can effectively do is to hire....but they are on an austerity move right now.....so they can't hire OR address "the problem".

So you think raising taxes is going to increase demand? You think that Obama policies promote increased demand?

You just said it is wrong for low income people to get tax credits (EITC), which is welfare, so again, why would you want to give charity (welfare) to those same households?

voluntary vs mandatory. free will vs govt mandate. you libs will never understand.

do you even think his posts indicate he has the cred to operate a business?
anyone can be anything on the internet

I will put my record up against yours any day and whether you believe me or not is irrelevant. Nothing changes the mind of arrogant individuals who willingly accept the Obama record and will vote for four more years of that record.

I'm calling bull**** on that, sorry...I don't think you have the stones...

You call it whatever you want, I really don't care. I know people like you, dealt with people like you every day and stand by my statement

I will put my record up against yours any day and whether you believe me or not is irrelevant. Nothing changes the mind of arrogant individuals who willingly accept the Obama record and will vote for four more years of that record.
that's right
your record
the one you fabricate and post on the internet
that post sure enhanced your cred as a business owner [/s]

You call it whatever you want, I really don't care. I know people like you, dealt with people like you every day and stand by my statement

people like me? you know nothing about me...

I think you're another internet tough guy...

So you think raising taxes is going to increase demand? You think that Obama policies promote increased demand?
I guess you are abandoning the claim that fed regulations are the reason companies are not hiring.....or is it that it is the individuals fault....or Obama's.....or your calling for a boycott....to now implying it is taxes.

It really is just to tough too come up with a plausible narrative.

Again, taxation is not causing a lack of hiring, there is plenty of capital available.

that's right
your record
the one you fabricate and post on the internet
that post sure enhanced your cred as a business owner [/s]

Again, what you and the other Obamabots think about me is irrelevant. I know how to run a business, actually ran a business which taught me that results matter. I further learned that leaders can never delegate responsibility. They can delegate authority but not responsibility for the end results. People like you don't seem to understand that fact as you give Obama a pass for the results today as you still blame Bush or someone else. The results today are Obama's and it will be those results on the ballot in November.

Ryan makes an incredible choice because Obama embarrassed him and now will pay the price. Ryan will focus on the Obama record and Obama will still focus on the politics of personal destruction. We will see in November if there are as many Obamabots as you seem to think because Obama has a record that doesn't warrant four more years

I guess you are abandoning the claim that fed regulations are the reason companies are not hiring.....or is it that it is the individuals fault....or Obama's.....or your calling for a boycott....to now implying it is taxes.

It really is just to tough too come up with a plausible narrative.

Again, taxation is not causing a lack of hiring, there is plenty of capital available.

If you were self employed and actually employed people you would know the costs of hiring, training, compensating, and then in some cases replacing those employees. To say that Obama hasn't added costs to small businesses tells me you have no concept of what you are talking about thus I doubt you are self employed unless it is a homemaker.

If you were self employed and actually employed people you would know the costs of hiring, training, compensating, and then in some cases replacing those employees. To say that Obama hasn't added costs to small businesses tells me you have no concept of what you are talking about thus I doubt you are self employed unless it is a homemaker.
My nor my wife's business costs have increased from fed regs at all during this admin......nor are they the causes for the decreased employment or lack of hiring, you just keep throwing anything against the wall to divert and distract.

You already admitted your reason for not hiring, and I'm sure it comes from those you deal with since I see little originality. There is a boycott in place.

My nor my wife's business costs have increased from fed regs at all during this admin......nor are they the causes for the decreased employment or lack of hiring, you just keep throwing anything against the wall to divert and distract.

You already admitted your reason for not hiring, and I'm sure it comes from those you deal with since I see little originality. There is a boycott in place.

Your opinion noted but like with every other posts of yours you have little credibility. Still waiting for you to explain how increasing taxes is going to increase demand and get people buying again?

As for a boycott, there is no evidence that I support a boycott but the liberal in you cannot allow you to admit that you are wrong in making that statement. Further being a liberal prevents you from admitting that you made a mistake in voting for Obama. One of these days, probably too late, you will realize it. My reason small businesses aren't hiring is the uncertainty of tax policies and the cost of Obamacare. I find it interesting that people like you believe you increase demand by taking more money away from the consumer in the form of taxes. Not sure what business you run but it certainly cannot be retail. Do you understand that when taxes go up, take home pay goes down? Take home pay is spendable income and less spendable income less demand for goods and services.

Your opinion noted but like with every other posts of yours you have little credibility. Still waiting for you to explain how increasing taxes is going to increase demand and get people buying again?
Where in this thread have I said that taxation is a means to increased hiring?

As for a boycott, there is no evidence that I support a boycott but the liberal in you cannot allow you to admit that you are wrong in making that statement.
You said that small business will not nor should not hire while Obama is President, that IS calling for a boycott, and as I said it goes along with your refusal to hire.

The hiring engine in this country, small businesses, cannot print money and are going to be damaged by Obama policies. They will not hire until Obama is fired nor should they.

Where in this thread have I said that taxation is a means to increased hiring?

You said that small business will not nor should not hire while Obama is President, that IS calling for a boycott, and as I said it goes along with your refusal to hire.

When you suppport raising taxes you tell the consumer that they should spend more with less take home pay. Why do you think demand is down? What Obama policies has created increased demand? Leadership is about motivation and good leaders means positive motivation. Obama has no concept of how to motivate anyone other than to create such emotion to vote him out of office. Dividing people into classes isn't positive motivation

By the way I made a statement that business will not hire until Obama is fired, that is not calling for a boycott that is reality

Last edited:

When you suppport raising taxes you tell the consumer that they should spend more with less take home pay.
Consumers have seen a DECREASE in tax rates.
Why do you think demand is down?
Because the vast numbers of households have seen a major decrease in the household wealth.

What Obama policies has created increased demand?
The ARRA, the push to get lenders to modify mortgages, the push to get Consumer Credit protections in place......
Leadership is about motivation and good leaders means positive motivation. Obama has no concept of how to motivate anyone other than to create such emotion to vote him out of office. Dividing people into classes isn't positive motivation
Obama has not created classes in America, wealth inequity has.

By the way I made a statement that business will not hire until Obama is fired, that is not calling for a boycott that is reality
You said "nor should not", that is present and future tense, hence, a hiring boycott, a tea bag meme.

Gimmesometruth;1060790130]Consumers have seen a DECREASE in tax rates. Because the vast numbers of households have seen a major decrease in the household wealth.

Decreased tax rates in 2003, decreased wealth with a stock market at 13k? Interesting distortion of reality

The ARRA, the push to get lenders to modify mortgages, the push to get Consumer Credit protections in place...... Obama has not created classes in America, wealth inequity has.

ARRA was supposed to cut unemployment to 5.6% by now and it is officially at 8.3 although the real rate is 15%. You can ignore the effects of liberalism by ignoring the results on the books but you cannot change the results. It will be the results that make Obama a one term President as they should. I would be embarrassed to ask for four more years with the results Obama has but that is liberal arrogance on display

You said "nor should not", that is present and future tense, hence, a hiring boycott, a tea bag meme.

That is a statement based upon my knowledge of business costs. You think small business can just pluck money off that tree in the backyard. Obama policies drive up business costs.

You just said it is wrong for low income people to get tax credits (EITC), which is welfare, so again, why would you want to give charity (welfare) to those same households?

I give to charties, again I have more last year that VP Biden, to charties I have vetted. Welfare is money taken from taxpayers and redistrubuted, thus not charity.

So again, do you give to charties?

What happens is that people like you, who support such government programs so long as someone else pays the vast majority of the cost, will have to open their wallets and help these people voluntarily and with your own time and your own money. If it is a fantasy it is only so because you and people like you are unwilling to step up to the plate.

Not a particularly good answer on any front. You seem to buy into the fantasy that you can sweep a problem under the rug. Again, ending medicare and welfare does not make the problem go away. Do you think churches and charities can do this alone? That is quite a burden. The whole idea of a welfare system and medicare system is the spread the obligation amongst as many as possible so that it minimizes the pain. Moreover, given that medicare will be used by everyone, its a bit of a team pay system.

BTW, I am perfectly happy to pay my taxes. I consider it my duty as a citizen and as a Christian. I am dumbfounded that people think others should die to protect US interests, but they can't contribute another dollar.

Last edited:

I give to charties, again I have more last year that VP Biden, to charties I have vetted. Welfare is money taken from taxpayers and redistrubuted, thus not charity.
welfare: aid in the form of money or necessities for those in need. Charity is another form of welfare, the point still stands, you can't call for people to not get EITC's and then say they should get charity, the logic conflicts, they are the same people.

So again, do you give to charties?
Yes, and I support households getting EITC"s.

Not a particularly good answer on any front. You seem to buy into the fantasy that you can sweep a problem under the rug. Again, ending medicare and welfare does not make the problem go away.

Moreover, I am perfectly happy to pay my taxes. Its my duty as a citizen and as a Christian.

Why is the answer from a liberal to always throw money at the problem? Medicare is a disaster thus a voucher system makes sense.. Let the people control their own personal responsibility issue. As for welfare that isn't a Federal issue and belongs in the state and local communities. This country is almost 16 trillion in debt and has record numbers of Americans dependent on taxpayer assistance so tell me how throwing money at the problem has helped solve a problem?

Are you particularly happy that 50% of income earning households don't pay any FIT? Do you think those people are paying their fair share?

I am a small business owner with 60 employees. I started my business in 2009. Please tell me about all of these costs Obama has layered on my business. I seemed to have missed them.

Why is the answer from a liberal to always throw money at the problem? Medicare is a disaster thus a voucher system makes sense.. Let the people control their own personal responsibility issue. As for welfare that isn't a Federal issue and belongs in the state and local communities. This country is almost 16 trillion in debt and has record numbers of Americans dependent on taxpayer assistance so tell me how throwing money at the problem has helped solve a problem?

Are you particularly happy that 50% of income earning households don't pay any FIT? Do you think those people are paying their fair share?

Taxes are pretty well distributed amongst everyone. In fact, our system is probably a bit too flat.

Distribution of tax burden.jpg Taxes paid by income group2.jpg

Last edited:

Decreased tax rates in 2003, decreased wealth with a stock market at 13k? Interesting distortion of reality
Was this supposed to make sense? Who is talking about 2003....and what does that have to do with stocks?

ARRA was supposed to ...
The question what, I have read the rest of the nonsense before.

That is a statement based upon my knowledge of business costs. You think small business can just pluck money off that tree in the backyard. Obama policies drive up business costs.
A boycott is a boycott, it is what you called for.

I am a small business owner with 60 employees. I started my business in 2009. Please tell me about all of these costs Obama has layered on my business. I seemed to have missed them.

Depends, do you have healthcare for them? are you paying your fair share in taxes? How many new employees have you hired this year and what is your replacement cost? Who funds that?

Back
Top Bottom