• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Mitt Romney announcing VP selection tomorrow (Saturday), 9 ET[W:134, 926]

Re: My honest gut about the Ryan pick is ...

we cannot get rid of the deficit until we massively cut government spending

Another lie. Please show us with simple arithmetic how you cut enough out of the budget to pay off the $16 trillion dollar debt?

You have been repeatedly challenged and you have NEVER been able to come close.

Another lie. Please show us with simple arithmetic how you cut enough out of the budget to pay off the $16 trillion dollar debt?

so show us how taxing only 2% of the population more will pay off that 16 trillion dollar debt

and prove that those tax hikes will actually bring in enough revenue to do that

Its your party that crapped all over the tenth amendment causing this sort of massive government expansion-not mine

so its a lie that we have to cut spending to pay down the deficit

wow

I heard Romney 2008-2000 speak many times and agreed with him, liked what he said. His criticisms of President Obama were fair and intelligent.

So, please, don't presume to know me or understand my position on the issues. I'm not a slave to one party, only capable of regurgitating talking points from one network or another.

Too bad the former Governor of Mass. is not running--he's been replaced with RoboMitt to appease the Teabagging base. And too bad he didn't pick a very experienced Republican with no baggage as his running mate.

Yeah, I hear you, but we have a choice this fall,, Obama or Romney and the Obama record disqualifies him as it should. So sorry that you and others aren't running so you have that perfect candidate that you can vote for. I will take the Romney/Ryan record in a heartbeat over the Obama record and anyone in the private sector with the Obama record would be fired after two years let alone four regardless of what they claim they inherited.

Re: Mitt Romney announcing VP selection tomorrow (Saturday), 9 ET[W:134]

"from each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs" Karl Marx. you are a marxist, face it.
Cut it out Bobcat, I'm not a Marxist, I'm a Realist.

I have done it many times but like with any post that proves you and other liberals wrong, you ignore it. We need about a 1.5 trillion dollar govt and all social programs back to the states and then remove trust fund money and expenses from the general fund. Now let's see if you can answer your own question but doubt you will

Simple arithmetic? OK, I will keep it simple for you. We cut spending so that each year we take in one dollar more than the government pays out. In 16 trillion years, voila no more debt. See, simple.

so show us how taxing only 2% of the population more will pay off that 16 trillion dollar debt

and prove that those tax hikes will actually bring in enough revenue to do that

Its your party that crapped all over the tenth amendment causing this sort of massive government expansion-not mine

so its a lie that we have to cut spending to pay down the deficit

wow

You know damn well that is NOT my position. I have repeatedly stated what my position is:

1- increase taxes on ALL Americans who earn dollar one five points across the board
2- cut over $300 billion from the current budget

look at these next words and look at them without your extremist and selfish concerns overloading your brain: WE CANNOT PAY A $16 TRILLION DOLLAR DEBT BY SIMPLY CUTTING SOME MONEY FROM OUR ANNUAL BUDGET.

I have no idea what you are babbling about with this tenth amendment nonsense and it is irrelevant to your contention that we can pay off a $16 trillion dollar debt through simple budget cuts without raising taxes.

This is simply arithmetic that is taught at every grade school in America. Can you do it?

Last edited:

Simple arithmetic? OK, I will keep it simple for you. We cut spending so that each year we take in one dollar more than the government pays out. In 16 trillion years, voila no more debt. See, simple.

Now why didn't Turtle think of something that would work as well? :roll:

And if we simply do not want to wait 16 trillion years nor pay the interest on $16 billion in debt for that time..... do you have another proposal to float?

Last edited:

I have done it many times but like with any post that proves you and other liberals wrong, you ignore it. We need about a 1.5 trillion dollar govt and all social programs back to the states and then remove trust fund money and expenses from the general fund. Now let's see if you can answer your own question but doubt you will

Which part of your body did you pull that number out of?

You know damn well that is NOT my position. I have repeatedly stated what my position is:

1- increase taxes on ALL Americans who earn dollar one five points across the board
2- cut over $300 billion from the current budget

look at these next words and look at them without your extremist and selfish concerns overloading your brain: WE CANNOT PAY A $16 TRILLION DOLLAR DEBT BY SIMPLY CUTTING SOME MONEY FROM OUR ANNUAL BUDGET.

I have no idea what you are babbling about with this tenth amendment nonsense and it is irrelevant to your contention that we can pay off a $16 trillion dollar debt through simple budget cuts without raising taxes.

This is simply arithmetic that is taught at every grade school in America. Can you do it?

You aren't running. this thread is about the VP pick and the two choices we have. Your master's choice is taxing the rich more while pretending to cut some things-(nothing that will cost the Dems votes)

vs a systematic plan to cut a lot of stuff and engage in eliminating loopholes while spurring growth with lower taxes on success

You aren't running. this thread is about the VP pick and the two choices we have. Your master's choice is taxing the rich more while pretending to cut some things-(nothing that will cost the Dems votes)

vs a systematic plan to cut a lot of stuff and engage in eliminating loopholes while spurring growth with lower taxes on success

Get off it Turtle. We were talking about YOUR ideas.... YOUR claims .... YOUR alegations ...... your pie in the sky schemes.

your own post 1025

we cannot get rid of the deficit until we massively cut government spending

You were impotent to defend the nonsense so you tried to turn it back on me by falsely ascribing some budget ideas to me.

Man up for heavens sakes.

Last edited:

Because there's nothing like sick children in droves to win over voters....:roll:

And the elderly dying in the streets, that'll go over big time!!

Man, oh man, "sick children in droves" and "the elderly dying in the streets"? You forgot plagues, earthquakes, etc. Is this how you "scare" over the voters?

Everyone does.

Really? It's been proven over and over that 48% and rising, don't pay Fed taxes. Want to show me the proof of your statement? Thanks

Romney made a great pick.

If Romney/Ryan wins, you will certainly have the opportunity to contribute significantly more than you are now! :thumbs:

Is that all you Obama supporters have in your campaign bag of tricks? Granny will be roled off the cliff. Kids get sick in droves. Old folks dying in the streets. Gloom, doom and scare tactics. Everyone pays their fair share.

Is that all you Obama supporters have in your campaign bag of tricks? Granny will be roled off the cliff. Kids get sick in droves. Old folks dying in the streets. Gloom, doom and scare tactics. Everyone pays their fair share.

I photoshopped this when I first heard of Ryan and his plan a few years ago....

homeless1copy.jpg

So what do you think? lol

homeless1copy.jpg

I prefer the "granny in the wheelchair being pushed of the cliff", more action. But this isn't bad.

Question? Did you drop a dollar in the cup after taking the photo? :mrgreen:

I prefer the "granny in the wheelchair being pushed of the cliff", more action. But this isn't bad.

Question? Did you drop a dollar in the cup after taking the photo? :mrgreen:
Nah, the picture was public domain and I just fiddled with the sign and added the comment. But thanks, you've inspired me to try and do more. lol

It is an astounding experience to participate here, enduring the regurgitation in post after post, of senseless, . . . . ..
. Couldn't agree more.

And on topic, Romney made a great choice. At last someone who will try to get a handle on the tax and spend crowd.

I think your political ethics and style would fit in perfectly with the attrocious campaigns being ran this year.

Re: Mitt Romney announcing VP selection tomorrow (Saturday), 9 ET[W:134]

So you think raising taxes is going to increase demand? You think that Obama policies promote increased demand?

Why then would you support either the Romney or Ryan proposed budgets? Both of them raise taxes on the majority of Americans while decreasing the taxes paid by those who benefited the most over the past three and a half years.

Any policy that puts money into the pocket of low-income people will increase demand - simply because they need to eat and a safe place to live. Primary reason low income Americans have no savings accounts, they spend every penny to survive. Every penny spent is helping to support local grocery stores, clothing stores, etc. No matter how much some on the right babble about drunken, drug using low lifes, the vast majority of low income Americans are simply trying to survive.

Really? It's been proven over and over that 48% and rising, don't pay Fed taxes. Want to show me the proof of your statement? Thanks

Romney made a great pick.

Wrong!

The percentage of Americans "not paying Fed taxes" varies between 47 and 49, according to which pundit or website you read. They never seem to mention the fact that most of that number are working and do pay "Fed taxes", they are the FICA taxes that pay for Social Security and Medicare.

Wrong!

The percentage of Americans "not paying Fed taxes" varies between 47 and 49, according to which pundit or website you read. They never seem to mention the fact that most of that number are working and do pay "Fed taxes", they are the FICA taxes that pay for Social Security and Medicare.

So I'm right, yes? :mrgreen:

Wrong!

So I'm right, yes? :mrgreen:

OK - in larger letters this time

They never seem to mention the fact that most of that number are working and do pay "Fed taxes", they are the FICA taxes that pay for Social Security and Medicare.

OK - in larger letters this time

They never seem to mention the fact that most of that number are working and do pay "Fed taxes", they are the FICA taxes that pay for Social Security and Medicare.

Good to know I'm right. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom