• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Migrants dropped off at VP Harris's residence

Wasn't that a situation where it was proved he had no knowledge that the service he paid for, hired illegals?

Am I wrong?
That's what they all say. I have no idea why everyone that agency sends me for minimum wage jobs can't speak English.

Under the last Adminstr4ation we still had illegal immigrants entering this country. Granted the numbers were reduced. Should we dump a bunch at the home of Republican politicians that supported Trump?

Congress needs to address the issue now. Quit play games with the issue. Write new laws, fund them and implement.
Trump and Republicans, just like Democrats, did nothing to really fix the problem.

It was the same with Obama.

I remember the insane Right Wing push back against President George W. Bush's favored Comprehensive Immigration and Reform Act of 2007.

Illegal Immigration isn't a Red State or Blue State problem, it is an abject failure of Congress and all of the Electorate to light fires under the seats of Congress and whichever president currently sits behind the Resolute desk.

Why?

This is a political statement. Trump was against supporting illegal immigrants. They need to go to those who want to support illegal immigrants.
Trump was an anti illegal immigrant hypocrite who claimed he was against them yet hired them at his clubs and yet did NOTHING concrete to fix the problem.

His postures were hypocrisy and partisan dog and pony exhibitions.

His failures, Mr. Art of the Deal, to work with Congress, especially when Republicans controlled Congress, for true Comprehensive Immigration reform was by fiat support of the status quo. Kicking the can down the road.

Trump deserves to have illegals placed on his doorstep even more than VP Kamala Harris does.

Wasn't that a situation where it was proved he had no knowledge that the service he paid for, hired illegals?

Am I wrong?
Not sure but ignorance is no excuse.

Is that why both parties more or less leave employers alone because they "had no knowledge"?

Seems like an excuse to me. Hold them accountable or illegal immigration will never stop.

Under the last Administration we still had illegal immigrants entering this country. Granted the numbers were reduced. Should we dump a bunch at the home of Republican politicians that supported Trump?

Congress needs to address the issue now. Quit play games with the issue. Write new laws, fund them and implement.
Yes please, I hate this shit so much.

Yes, of course. This is why I posted that you support cruelty because you agree with political leaders who lie to migrants and use them as political pawns.
You have me wrong.

Under the last Administration we still had illegal immigrants entering this country. Granted the numbers were reduced. Should we dump a bunch at the home of Republican politicians that supported Trump?

The republicans tried to get the problem solved. The democrats wouldn't allow the problem to be solved.

It is all at the feet of democrats.

Period.

Yes please, I hate this shit so much.

I would bet it will not happen in any meaningful way in the next 4-8 years. Even if the Republicans get the House and Senate the best they will do is put more money on the wall. No politician seems to want to reform our immigration laws.

- I do not support illegal immigration. Those who come in illegally no matter the reason needs to be removed.
- The US does have a need for migrant farm workers.

Not an easy issue to fix, but what the US has been doing the last 20+ years is not working.

De Santis better check with all those residents of gated communities and golf communities in FL who are dependent upon illegal labour to care for their yards, tend their pools and clean their houses. The hypocrisy is obscene

Was any aid group notified of this in advance to meet them? If not, whoever dropped them off should be charged with endangering the welfare of the group since this is obviously outside of the country's process for handling migrants. How is Harris' house a Migrant Health Care Center?

The republicans tried to get the problem solved. The democrats wouldn't allow the problem to be solved.

Period.
That isn't true. You need to think back to the bipartisan comprehensive immigration plan that came out of the Senate only to be killed by the Republicans ( Paul Ryan) in the House who were, and still are, deeply divided on immigration.

Period.
The Trump administration had control of Congress and the Executive branch for many months. How is the Repubs inability to legislate the fault of the Democrats?

That's what they all say. I have no idea why everyone that agency sends me for minimum wage jobs can't speak English.
I didn't remember the details and looked it up.

Trump did not hire illegal aliens. they were all legal immigrants.

This is one of the verbal fails that bit you liberals back. You guys keep saying "immigrants" referring to illegal immigrants, forgetting that the right support legal immigration.

It bites when your trying to dumb down society bites back... huh...

Period.

No one Party has all the answers.
I would say that it is "all at the feet of Congress".

Congress has gotten so partisan. Each Party is so concerned that the other might actually pass something good for the country. This is got to stop. Congress needs to work on the issue. Party be damned.

I didn't remember the details and looked it up.

Trump did not hire illegal aliens. they were all legal immigrants.

This is one of the verbal fails that bit you liberals back. You guys keep saying "immigrants" referring to illegal immigrants, forgetting that the right support legal immigration.

It bites when your trying to dumb down society bites back... huh...
Link?

Trump was an anti illegal immigrant hypocrite who claimed he was against them yet hired them at his clubs and yet did NOTHING concrete to fix the problem.

His postures were hypocrisy and partisan dog and pony exhibitions.

His failures, Mr. Art of the Deal, to work with Congress, especially when Republicans controlled Congress, for true Comprehensive Immigration reform was by fiat support of the status quo. Kicking the can down the road.

Trump deserves to have illegals placed on his doorstep even more than VP Kamala Harris does.
Because he hires legal immigrants?

Wow...

Not sure but ignorance is no excuse.

Is that why both parties more or less leave employers alone because they "had no knowledge"?

Seems like an excuse to me. Hold them accountable or illegal immigration will never stop.
I looked it up. He hired immigrants, but they were legal immigrants.

Huge difference!

Probably. I don't know the factual; details though.

Then whoever drove that bus or helped has violated 8 USC 1324... I can assure you, they all have authorization papers or they wouldn't be on that bus...

I would bet it will not happen in any meaningful way in the next 4-8 years. Even if the Republicans get the House and Senate the best they will do is put more money on the wall. No politician seems to want to reform our immigration laws.

- I do not support illegal immigration. Those who come in illegally no matter the reason needs to be removed.
- The US does have a need for migrant farm workers.

Not an easy issue to fix, but what the US has been doing the last 20+ years is not working.
If we remove the effective slave labor that illegal immigrants will do, then the wages will, by supply and demand, go up.

Liberals are constantly crying about low wages. Well, supply and demand is the solution.

That isn't true. You need to think back to the bipartisan comprehensive immigration plan that came out of the Senate only to be killed by the Republicans ( Paul Ryan) in the House who were, and still are, deeply divided on immigration.
LOL...

It was a total joke! Did you read the bill, or only the media hype?

Back
Top Bottom