• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Migrants dropped off at VP Harris's residence

If we remove the effective slave labor that illegal immigrants will do, then the wages will, by supply and demand, go up.

Liberals are constantly crying about low wages. Well, supply and demand is the solution.
If Conservatives really cared about the supply part of the issue, they'd do something about the demand side. But they don't.

The Trump administration had control of Congress and the Executive branch for many months. How is the Repubs inability to legislate the fault of the Democrats?
The wall for example was started, then shut down when republicans lost congress.

Do you believe in magic? That such large construction happen overnight, instead of decades?

Republicans as a sizeable group will never cooperate on significant legislation with Democrats.
They certainly won't on immigration, because if they "fix" immigration then they lose a right-wing fear-mongering talking-point.

If we remove the effective slave labor that illegal immigrants will do, then the wages will, by supply and demand, go up.

Liberals are constantly crying about low wages. Well, supply and demand is the solution.
It's cute that you think Republicans don't perpetuate the status quo and then turn around and employ those immigrants.

I'll bet Republicans wouldn't do this to Cuban asylum seekers.
Cubans are floating into the Keys in droves. It is interesting that Desantis has been mum about them although his Lt Governor did stick her foot in her mouth about them.

What is so hilarious about lying to desperate people and using them as pawns in political stunts? It's cruel "angertainment". Disgusting. smh.

It is so cruel, the folks that did it should be jailed.

Then whoever drove that bus or helped has violated 8 USC 1324... I can assure you, they all have authorization papers or they wouldn't be on that bus...
What?

Are you claiming that any citizen that transports an illegal immigrant is guilty?

I would agree if they brought them over the US/Mexican border, but if they are already here, how does that law apply?

Cubans are floating into the Keys in droves. It is interesting that Desantis has been mum about them although his Lt Governor did stick her foot in her mouth about them.
It's almost like he doesn't play these games with people's lives when they're important to his election chances.

What?

Are you claiming that any citizen that transports an illegal immigrant is guilty?

I would agree if they brought them over the US/Mexican border, but if they are already here, how does that law apply?

Why not just ask them where they would like to go and take them there?

LOL...

It was a total joke! Did you read the bill, or only the media hype?
It was sponsored by Marco Rubio and passed out of the Senate with bipartisan approval. Ryan would not bring it to the floor because, although many Republicans in the House supported the Bill , he still would have required Democratic votes to get it passed and that violated his commitment his version of the "Hassart rule".

I'll bet Republicans wouldn't do this to Cuban asylum seekers.
Doesn't the law regard Cubans differently when it comes to illegal immigration?

I don't know. All I know is there was once a law to allow them here. I think it's illegal to help them to get here, but once they are here, they are not treated as illegals.

My memory of this is real rusty, so I will not claim this as fact today.

What?

Good lord... If they have AUTHORIZATION papers they are NOT illegal...

If Conservatives really cared about the supply part of the issue, they'd do something about the demand side. But they don't.
LOL...

How.

Oh please, how.

I don't know. All I know is there was once a law to allow them here. I think it's illegal to help them to get here, but once they are here, they are not treated as illegals.

Nope, not any more...

There's a popular saying in Spanish — O todos en la cama, o todos en el suelo. It conveys a selfless commitment to equal treatment, and translates roughly like this: Either we all get the bed, or we all get the floor.

Among many immigrants in the U.S., there's been a feeling that when it comes to the spoils of U.S. immigration policy, the government has given Cubans the bed all to themselves, while it has relegated others — Mexicans, Haitians, Central Americans — to the floor.

This is because of the so-called wet-foot, dry-foot policy, which since 1995 has granted Cubans who touch American soil a privilege not afforded other immigrants who come without a visa: the right to stay and get on a fast track to citizenship.

This special treatment ended this week when, in the final days of his administration, President Obama announced an abrupt end to the policy, a capstone to his two-year-old effort to re-establish relations with Cuba. Effective immediately, Cubans arriving on U.S. soil without a visa will be treated just like any other immigrant. They will be turned away.

Already in the past. No longer on that link.

Prove me wrong if you care to.
You won't provide a link because your comment is a lie. In this thread, your comments show you support lying and cruelty to humans to score political points.

Thanks for the great example of Joe Biden's MAGA. 👋

Republicans as a sizeable group will never cooperate on significant legislation with Democrats.
They certainly won't on immigration, because if they "fix" immigration then they lose a right-wing fear-mongering talking-point.
You ever read the "poison pills" democrats put in their legislation?

You ever read a bill, or just what a reporter claims?

It's cute that you think Republicans don't perpetuate the status quo and then turn around and employ those immigrants.
I'm sure some do. Mostly by not knowing, but republicans, as a whole, are against illegal immigration.

Not going to read through all of your posts.
Are you saying you support illegal immigration?

Those years back? Really, you don't remember the democrats fighting the wall?
Yeah. The wall is dumb. Over 50 percent of illegals in america came here legally and simply overstayed their visas. A wall won't stop that. Heck, a wall won't stop much that a quick trip to Home Depot won't solve.

Citing a policy disagreement does not mean one side or the other does or doesn't support employers of illegals.

If Biden said he thinks digging a moat along the border and filling it with alligators would stop illegal immigration and Repubs thought that was a pointless expenditure of money and wouldn't solve the problem; does that then mean Repubs support illegals?

Your logic is deeply flawed.

They're not treated as illegals because they vote Republican. That's the point.

Back
Top Bottom