• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michigan shooting suspect's parents willfully disregarded signs that their son was a threat

So you’ve never answered it. Thank you.
Of course I have.

The fact that you missed the rest of the conversation doesn't mean I need to do extra work.

If you are curious go look, .....or dont......your call.

This is an absolute fact.
Correct. The Supreme Court not hearing a case says absolutely nothing as to it’s constitutionality.
If the appeals court upholds a law, and the Supreme Court declines to take it up on appeal, then the law stands as constitutional.
No ruling has been made as to its constitutionality.

Correct. The Supreme Court not hearing a case says absolutely nothing as to it’s constitutionality.

No ruling has been made as to its constitutionality.

Yes actually if the Supreme Court declines to take it up, that means they let the appeals court ruling stand, if the appeals court upheld it, then the fact that the Supreme Court declines to take it up means the Supreme Court agrees to let it stand as constitutional.

That means the law is constitutional.

Which post number? We both know you are trolling. So does everyone else.
Do you think I know which post number?

Why would I know that?

Like I already told you, it was hours ago. If you are curious go look. Or don't. Your call.

Yes actually if the Supreme Court declines to take it up, that means they let the appeals court ruling stand, if the appeals court upheld it, then the fact that the Supreme Court declines to take it up means the Supreme Court agrees to let it stand as constitutional.

That means the law is constitutional.
It doesn’t matter how many times you repeat this. It’s not how constitutional law works. If the Supreme Court does not hear a case, it does not speak to the constitutionality of a law.

It doesn’t matter how many times you repeat this. It’s not how constitutional law works. If the Supreme Court does not hear a case, it does not speak to the constitutionality of a law.
It absolutely is how it works.

It absolutely is how it works.
Not in the US. Unless they hear the case and make a ruling, they have not spoken to its constitutionality. This is very basic constitutional law.

Because laws limiting magazine size have been upheld.
that is akin to saying you support slavery because at one time the Supreme Court allowed it. that is a cowardly answer. We are asking you why you support it-not whether it is constitutional

Holding a position you can't defend seems antithetical to the purpose of this debate forum.

Why are you here if not to defend the positions you present?
I suggest he supports such limits because it will annoy people who vote differently than he does, but he doesn't want to admit to that. He doesn't even try to come up with a facade to cover his pretextual reason: he merely says "Lines can be drawn".

We (you and I) are talking about the lines you are trying to draw, based on your overestimation of your knowledge and authority. Not some vague appeal to the authority of others.
He won't tell you why a line needs to be drawn. All you will get is the bullshit that since LINES are drawn in other areas, one MUST be drawn here. He cannot tell you why or where the line should be drawn but only that it must be. It is because the main purpose is to harass lawful gun owners.

Not in the US. Unless they hear the case and make a ruling, they have not spoken to its constitutionality. This is very basic constitutional law.
No.

If the Supreme Court declines, the lower court ruling stands, the case is law.

Basic facts.

He won't tell you why a line needs to be drawn. All you will get is the bullshit that since LINES are drawn in other areas, one MUST be drawn here. He cannot tell you why or where the line should be drawn but only that it must be. It is because the main purpose is to harass lawful gun owners.
Such a liar.

We covered that already. You know better.

That is why you are ignored. Bad faith. No honor.

No.

If the Supreme Court declines, the lower court ruling stands, the case is law.

Basic facts.
since you appear to be a legal scholar-what will happen to say the Californian ban on normal capacity magazines if the Supreme court holds that strict scrutiny is the proper standard of review in the pending NY carry case that has been argued

Such a liar.

you have failed to tell us WHY a line is proper=that there are lines drawn for age on buying booze is not an argument

you have failed to tell us WHY a line is proper=that there are lines drawn for age on buying booze is not an argument
Nonsense. I have told you repeatedly. Balancing competing interests. That is why. I have explained that to you over and over.

Nonsense. I have told you repeatedly. Balancing competing interests. That is why. I have explained that to you over and over.

that's bullshit. and you are unable to tell us when a magazine limit is a violation of the second amendment.

that's bullshit. and you are unable to tell us when a magazine limit is a violation of the second amendment.
No. That is a fact.

The court balances interests, individual rights and liberties against public safety and general welfare, for example.

You have no honor. You are dishonest

You have said you are a retired Federal prosecutor but it is a lie.

I have repeatedly had to correct you and explain very basic legal concepts to you.

No. That is a fact.

The court balances interests, individual rights and liberties against public safety and general welfare, for example.

You have no honor. You are dishonest

You have said you are a retired Federal prosecutor but it is a lie.

I have repeatedly had to correct you and explain very basic legal concepts to you.
your silly insults are almost as stupid as your lame argument. You cannot tell us why ten rounds is a proper limit. We all know why. You haven't corrected anyone. when asked why you support magazine limits while PRETENDING to be pro second amendment, we get this bullshit

1) since lines can be drawn, they are proper

2) since lines have been upheld, they are good

3) no one needs a 30 round magazine so a ten round limit is proper

when I see such pathetic arguments, which appear to be pulled out of one's six, I can safely assume that is because the specious reasons you are mouthing, are merely a facade for another reason, a reason that you are afraid to publicly utter.

Yes

In that district. Yes. But it does not speak to the constitutionality of the law.

You have it wrong.

If the court allows a law to stand, then that law is constitutional, by declining to consider an appeal the Supreme Court the Supreme Court confirms the laws constitutionality.

You won't listen to me but I think you will eventually realize your mistake.

You have it wrong.

If the court allows a law to stand, then that law is constitutional, by declining to consider an appeal the Supreme Court the Supreme Court confirms the laws constitutionality.

You won't listen to me but I think you will eventually realize your mistake.
there are many reasons why the USSC declines to review something. One of the reasons is that there is a pending case that might resolve the issue. If the Court holds that restrictions on gun rights need to be reviewed at the "strict scrutiny" level, what do you think that will do to your beloved Californian Magazine ban?

Back
Top Bottom