• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michigan shooting suspect's parents willfully disregarded signs that their son was a threat

When I posted:
Are in fact AR-15s in common use for lawful purposes?

Why should intermediate scrutiny be used for rights rather than strict scrutiny?

How is an AR-15 a weapon of war?

How is an AR-15 most useful to the military?

How come one side's feelings are more important than the other side's feelings?

You replied:

"All irrelevant."

That's the extent of your defending the positions of the courts whose decisions you support.
That is irrevant to my point.

You lied when you said this:

""Because Daddy said so" isn't really a defense"

they want one.
Lots of 20 year Olds want to buy beer too......and there is no measurable difference between a 20 year old and a 21 year old in regard to being responsible enough to drink........but you see "because they want to" isn't part of the equation.

That is irrevant to my point.

You lied when you said this:

""Because Daddy said so" isn't really a defense"
Ah, you really think that is a defense. You should find a forum discussing Authoritarianism. You may feel more comfortable there.

I seem to have heard something like that before, that because the Authority figure says it's the right thing, it's the right thing.

Ah, you really think that is a defense. You should find a forum discussing Authoritarianism. You may feel more comfortable there.

I seem to have heard something like that before, that because the Authority figure says it's the right thing, it's the right thing.
Lying again. Do you think lying about what my point was helps your case?

We are done.

Circles.

We are done. Already addressed that.
It takes much fewer letters than you typed to simply type "yes" or "no". Why don't you type "yes" or "no"?

Lying again. Do you think lying about what my point was helps your case?
You said this was the lie: "Because Daddy said so" isn't really a defense".

If that's the issue, either it is a defense or it isn't a defense. Which is it?

We are done.
I could only hope you'd stop replying, but you will.

Lots of 20 year Olds want to buy beer too......and there is no measurable difference between a 20 year old and a 21 year old in regard to being responsible enough to drink........but you see "because they want to" isn't part of the equation.
of course it is. my rights aren't dependent upon what you think I need. when you ask "what legitimate reason does someone need to own a 30 round magazine", because they want one is all that is needed. You don't have any say in what someone else can have, just because you don't like it.

I know I said that.

Duh.

Still missing the point I see.
You haven't made one. You're going on about irrelevance and not explaining how you came to the determination my possession of 30 round magazines is illegitimate.

You said this was the lie: "Because Daddy said so" isn't really a defense".

If that's the issue, either it is a defense or it isn't a defense. Which is it?

I could only hope you'd stop replying, but you will.
That isnt something I said. It's something you made up.

of course it is. my rights aren't dependent upon what you think I need. when you ask "what legitimate reason does someone need to own a 30 round magazine", because they want one is all that is needed. You don't have any say in what someone else can have, just because you don't like it.
So why can't 20 year Olds buy beer?

Oh, and where did you get the notion that me liking it or not has anything to do with it?

So why can't 20 year Olds buy beer?
its illegal
Oh, and where did you get the notion that me liking it or not has anything to do with it?
your post seemed to indicate that you think someone needs to justify their need in order to exercise their rights. I corrected you on that. If you agree that what you think someone needs is meaningless to this debate, then ok.

You haven't made one. You're going on about irrelevance and not explaining how you came to the determination my possession of 30 round magazines is illegitimate.
I made one. I even explained it to you.

Not going to go in circles though

its illegal

your post seemed to indicate that you think someone needs to justify their need in order to exercise their rights. I corrected you on that. If you agree that what you think someone needs is meaningless to this debate, then ok.
Then you understood my post wrong. Read it in context.

Then you understood my post wrong. Read it in context.
I read it again. It still seems you think that peoples rights are dependent upon what you think they need. If that is not your position, then please clarify

I read it again. It still seems you think that peoples rights are dependent upon what you think they need. If that is not your position, then please clarify
Me liking it or not has nothing to do with it.

They already have been in many places and they used to be federal, and were not overturned.
I can own a 30 round magazine in all 50 states

That isnt something I said. It's something you made up.
I never said that you said it. It's an extrapolation from your position that just because courts made decisions, regardless of the reasoning behind them, that they were good decisions.

All bans on AR-15s and standard capacity magazines are bad decisions that ignore the Supreme Court.

Back
Top Bottom