• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michigan shooting suspect's parents willfully disregarded signs that their son was a threat

I can own a 30 round magazine in all 50 states
On November 30, 2021, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a state law banning large-capacity magazines (LCMs). The court held that Penal Code 32310’s ban on LCMs did not significantly violate self-defense rights.

Plus federal law has had such bans too, they sunseted but were not overturned.

Last edited:
Then clarify
Sorry. I know you joined late so I am not blaming you, but I have covered all that already. I don't have enough time to rehash it all.

Maybe another time.

I never said that you said it. It's an extrapolation from your position that just because courts made decisions, regardless of the reasoning behind them, that they were good decisions.

All bans on AR-15s and standard capacity magazines are bad decisions that ignore the Supreme Court.
The courts have upheld such bans.

On November 30, 2021, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a state law banning large-capacity magazines (LCMs). The court held that Penal Code 32310’s ban on LCMs did not significantly violate self-defense rights.

and yet I can own one in all 50 states. weird.

Sorry. I know you joined late so I am not blaming you, but I have covered all that already. I don't have enough time to rehash it all.

Maybe another time.
So you are just here to troll. I'll accept your concession then. Nobody has to justify why they want to exercise their rights.

Based on what?
Why were those Constitutional?

So you are just here to troll. I'll accept your concession then. Nobody has to justify why they want to exercise their rights.
Not at all.

Just not here to go in circles over and over.

Based on what?

Why were those Constitutional?
You don't know how our system works do you.

Laws are unconstitutional when the Supreme Court overturns them. If they do not, the law is constitutional.

Not trying to.
then you realize everyone knows you are trolling.

Or you could simply answer the question. You won't though, because you are just here to troll.

the supreme court has never ruled on it.
And declining to rule on it results in the law being constitutional.

The federal ban was challenged but not overturned.

then you realize everyone knows you are trolling.

Or you could simply answer the question. You won't though, because you are just here to troll.
I have answered the question. Several times.

No it doesn’t

It was never heard
Yes. Actually it does.

Any law that has not been overturned is constitutional.

Let's say an appeals court rules on the Constitutionality of a law, and the Supreme Court declines to take up the appeal (that happens all the time) then the ruling of the appeals court stands.

So if the appeals Court upheld the law, and the Supreme Court declines to take it up on appeal, then the law is constitutional.

Yes. Actually it does.
It doesn’t.
Any law that has not been overturned is constitutional.
Nope
Let's say an appeals court rules on the Constitutionality of a law, and the Supreme Court declines to take up the appeal (that happens all the time) then the ruling of the appeals court stands.
Which does not constitute a ruling on its constitutionality.
So if the appeals Court upheld the law, and the Supreme Court declines to take it up on appeal, then the law is constitutional.
Nope

It doesn’t.

Nope

Nope
You have no idea how our system works do you?

A law is constitutional unless and until it is overturned. If it has not been overturned it is case law and considered constitutional.

Nope
This is an absolute fact.

If the appeals court upholds a law, and the Supreme Court declines to take it up on appeal, then the law stands as constitutional.

Back
Top Bottom