• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michigan shooting suspect's parents willfully disregarded signs that their son was a threat

Nope.

So dishonest.
You deny saying that nobody needs a 30 round magazine? That's what this is about. Not some irrelevant law that draws a line somewhere, or some fallacious appeal to "we".

Your statement that you have determined nobody needs a 30 round magazine. That means you have determined I don't need a 30 round magazine. Where do you get off, deciding that on my behalf? I didn't cede any authority to you.

You deny saying that nobody needs a 30 round magazine? That's what this is about. Not some irrelevant law that draws a line somewhere, or some fallacious appeal to "we".

Your statement that you have determined nobody needs a 30 round magazine. That means you have determined I don't need a 30 round magazine. Where do you get off, deciding that on my behalf? I didn't cede any authority to you.
Nope. I deny your characterization of my point.

See post 117. No need to go in circles.

Can you provide a legitimate reason why a person would need a 30 round magazine?

Utter nonsense.

I am talking about how the law draws lines all the time in all kinds of areas.

That is a good thing.
Is the line drawn in Texas for 6 weeks "a good thing"?

Can the law just draw lines arbitrarily, or should the Constitutionality of the proposed law be considered?

Holding a position you can't defend seems antithetical to the purpose of this debate forum.

Why are you here if not to defend the positions you present?
I have already defended it.

Is the line drawn in Texas for 6 weeks "a good thing"?

Can the law just draw lines arbitrarily, or should the Constitutionality of the proposed law be considered?
Of course it should be considered.

(Duh!)

Nope. I deny your characterization of my point.

See post 117. No need to go in circles.
You did say nobody needs a 30 round magazine. That isn't a characterization of what you said.
Law drawing lines is irrelevant. My possession is lawful, and you claim I don't need them. How did you determine that on my behalf?

They are used extremely often for target shooting and competition.
Lol.

Also handy if you want to shoot as many people as possible in a crowd before they can run away.

The law weighs thing all the time.

Let's put the slight inconvenience of having to re load more often while target shooting on the scales against that.

Plus......what kind of inept moron wants, or needs, a 30 round magazine to target shoot?

Sounds like something only a wannabe soldier playing dress up would "need".

"Because Daddy said so" isn't really a defense. You certainly haven't attempted to defend the reasoning behind the bans.
Why lie?

Do you think.making stuff up is a winning strategy?

You did say nobody needs a 30 round magazine. That isn't a characterization of what you said.
Law drawing lines is irrelevant. My possession is lawful, and you claim I don't need them. How did you determine that on my behalf?
I know I said that.

Duh.

Still missing the point I see.

Lol.

Also handy if you want to shoot as many people as possible in a crowd before they can run away.
So are all guns. And all magazines. And red dot optics. And private transportation.
The law weighs thing all the time.

Let's put the slight inconvenience of having to re load more often while target shooting on the scales against that.
And when 10 round magazines are used in mass shootings, your same logic would apply, requiring a further reduction in magazine capacity.
Plus......what kind of inept moron wants, or needs, a 30 round magazine to target shoot?
Anyone practicing for competition.
Sounds like something only a wannabe soldier playing dress up would "need".
That's what they are commonly used for.

The parents should be charged and thrown in prison. It's a damn shame these parents bought their kid a gun. What is wrong with society where parents are buying their underaged mentally deranged son a gun?

So much for responsible gun owners. Give me a break!
Based on the activities they were ignoring, we should count ourselves lucky that this kid was stopped before he became a serial killer.

So are all guns. And all magazines. And red dot optics. And private transportation.

And when 10 round magazines are used in mass shootings, your same logic would apply, requiring a further reduction in magazine capacity.

Anyone practicing for competition.

That's what they are commonly used for.
Such nonsense.

Laws draw lines all the time. Why do you have a problem with it only in this one case?

Such nonsense.

Laws draw lines all the time. Why do you have a problem with it only in this one case?
I'm against all unconstitutional laws, such as the recent six week limit on abortions in Texas.

You lied. Blatantly.
When I posted:
Are in fact AR-15s in common use for lawful purposes?

Why should intermediate scrutiny be used for rights rather than strict scrutiny?

How is an AR-15 a weapon of war?

How is an AR-15 most useful to the military?

How come one side's feelings are more important than the other side's feelings?

You replied:

"All irrelevant."

That's the extent of your defending the positions of the courts whose decisions you support.

Back
Top Bottom