• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Media Matters busted again... Uses deception to falsely attack Fox on Sherrod story

Re: Media Matters busted again... Uses deception to falsely attack Fox on Sherrod sto

Seriously, it's sad watching far-righties scramble to defend Brietbart and Fox...

If there ever was a "walk away with your tail between your legs" moment, this is it. But some on the fringe-right would rather parse and spin to defend the indefensible.

Pathetic.

Fox News Channel does what the other nefws outlets should do. Hold all politicians feet to the fire. CNN, NBC, MSNBC, CBS, ABC all basicly give Obama and the Democrats a pass on news items that they trash Repoublicans for.

Re: Media Matters busted again... Uses deception to falsely attack Fox on Sherrod sto

You realize the opinion commentators of Fox News are still considered Fox News. You think they did absolutely no wrong during this?

Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck are opinion commentators. They are allowed to have opinions. Shepard Smith and others are the news department. They are FAIR & BALANCED as their slogan states.

And it should be pointed out that Glenn Beck's commentary on the matter was that 1) Sherrod was wronged and 2) she should be reinstated. And I believe he was the first media person to say this, too.

I'm sure the rabid Fox/Beck haters simply assume that Beck piled on, but it's just not so.

And it should be pointed out that Glenn Beck's commentary on the matter was that 1) Sherrod was wronged and 2) she should be reinstated. And I believe he was the first media person to say this, too.

I'm sure the rabid Fox/Beck haters simply assume that Beck piled on, but it's just not so.

For once, he got it right. Yipee, let's all chip in and get him a medal.

I'm still waiting to hear is apology for falling for the Acorn smear.

Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck are opinion commentators. They are allowed to have opinions. Shepard Smith and others are the news department. They are FAIR & BALANCED as their slogan states.

That doesn't change the fact they're still a member of FOX NEWS, the cable network. To say "FOX NEWS" as an entity did wrong could be a legitimate argument. To say "FOX NEWS's news division" did poorly would probably be far more difficult argument.

Them being opinion based commentators is a way in which to argue they're not part of the "news" portion of Fox News, however the fact they have a show hosted on Fox News unquestionably links them as part of Fox News the station.

This is simply just an attempt by the lefties to bring down Fox News. Again.

They're like the little kid in class who gets mad at the kid who always wins Around the World and accuses him of cheating. Oy.

not quite. actually, grim is dead wrong, as usual.

No, they didn't take it down.

When Foxnews.com updates a story that they've published, they change the date of the story to reflect when it was updated. In this case, the story was published on the 19th and last updated the next day, on the 20th. The Associated Press and many other news sites do the same thing also.

so, they published to story on the 19th.....as media matters claimed.

I thought that "Media Matters" *was* a Fox news hour?

:rofl

It's not!

:rofl

Shows how much I pay attention to my own TV when it's on (my husband watches Fox often).

For once, he got it right. Yipee, let's all chip in and get him a medal.

I'm still waiting to hear is apology for falling for the Acorn smear.

I said nothing about him other than what his take was on the affair. Sorry if it's inconvenient for your hatred of Fox News, but it's relevant to this discussion and it happens to be the truth. If it angers you, vent it elsewhere.

That doesn't change the fact they're still a member of FOX NEWS, the cable network. To say "FOX NEWS" as an entity did wrong could be a legitimate argument. To say "FOX NEWS's news division" did poorly would probably be far more difficult argument.

Them being opinion based commentators is a way in which to argue they're not part of the "news" portion of Fox News, however the fact they have a show hosted on Fox News unquestionably links them as part of Fox News the station.

I agree with this.... However many here in this thread try to blur that line with "opinion personel/anchors" statements infering news personell.

so, they published to story on the 19th.....as media matters claimed.

What day they published it has never been in dispute.

Try and keep up.

Try and keep up.

YOU keep up. your link shows they published before she resigned.

YOU keep up. your link shows they published before she resigned.

Where, specifically, does it show that?

And, the question you've never answered: what does it mean -- specifically -- if they did?

Please answer both points.

Last edited:

Try and keep up.
Your analysis that the Foxnews.com story is "still up" could be bogus when it could be that it's up again. If it was taken down as Media Matters claimed then the comments portion would also be taken down as well. So I say your "6:22" claim could be bogus.

I reject the notion that they lied. Could they have made a mistake? Sure, they are human and humans make mistakes.

Anyway, deal with the fact that your analysis in the OP is suspect.

Your analysis that the Foxnews.com story is "still up" could be bogus when it could be that it's up again. If it was taken down as Media Matters claimed then the comments portion would also be taken down as well. So I say your "6:22" claim could be bogus.

Media Matters claimed that as of the 22nd, the day they published their phony time line attack on Fox, the story had been taken down. Media Matters never claimed it was taken down the same day it was published.

Actually, according to a story Politico did this week, Foxnews.com published their story at 5:55 pm, not a little after 6:00 as I estimated.

Where, specifically, does it show that?

And, the question you've never answered: what does it mean -- specifically -- if they did?

Please answer both points.

i've highlighted the excerpt in my other post....but here you go:

The Agriculture Department announced Monday, shortly after FoxNews.com published its initial report on the video, that Sherrod had resigned.

this debunks what grim put forward, that media matters lied. and in fact, the original story was taken down, and then updated. so it is NOT available, as grim claims.

additionally, given the comments that were made on the story, plenty of people read and responded to the original story, before she resigned.

The Agriculture Department announced Monday, shortly after FoxNews.com published its initial report on the video, that Sherrod had resigned.

When they "Announced" she had resigned, and when she actually did resign are hours apart. According to Sharrod, she pulled over and was forced to resign because they said she was going to be on Glenn Beck at 5pm. That means she resigned sometime before 5:00 that day.

So tell me, exactly how did Fox News play a part in spreading that story and getting her fired, when they had not said, or published a word about it prior to her resignation?

This shows where Media Matters CLAIMS it. It does not actually show that it happened.

this debunks what grim put forward, that media matters lied. and in fact, the original story was taken down, and then updated. so it is NOT available, as grim claims.

additionally, given the comments that were made on the story, plenty of people read and responded to the original story, before she resigned.

No, they responded to it at least an hour after she resigned. The first response is at 6:22 eastern; she resigned around 5 pm eastern.

And you STILL have not answered the question -- if it was on the web page before she resigned, what does that mean? Why the refusal to answer such a straightforward question?

Media Matters claimed that as of the 22nd, the day they published their phony time line attack on Fox, the story had been taken down. Media Matters never claimed it was taken down the same day it was published.

Actually, according to a story Politico did this week, Foxnews.com published their story at 5:55 pm, not a little after 6:00 as I estimated.

in fact, the story had been taken down. and looking at the comments on the story, they were still being generated late into the night on the 19th, so how can you claim it was taken down the same day? anyway, why does that matter? they published the story before she resigned.

and lol........the politico article is titled:

Fox News admits 'a breakdown' on Shirley Sherrod story

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0710/40374.html#ixzz0v5Sf71FQ

Last edited:

this debunks what grim put forward, that media matters lied.

No it doesn't. Just look at where on the time line, MM inserted the information that Fox News had published their story.

and in fact, the original story was taken down, and then updated. so it is NOT available, as grim claims.

FALSE

FALSE.

The first comment was made at 6:22 eastern time, well over an hour after she tendered her resignation.

You keep posting the lies and misinformation LL, and I'll keep posting the facts.

in fact, the story had been taken down. and looking at the comments on the story, they were still being generated late into the night on the 19th, so how can you claim it was taken down the same day? anyway, why does that matter? they published the story before she resigned.

I never claimed they took the story down at all... so again FALSE.

They did not take the story down the same day they published it. "Updating" a story is adding content to it, not taking it down and replacing it with another.... and for the last damned time, Sharrod resigned before the story was published. That is a FACT according to Sharrod herself, not my opinion.

No it doesn't. Just look at where on the time line, MM inserted the information that Fox News had published their story.

FALSE

FALSE.

The first comment was made at 6:22 eastern time, well over an hour after she tendered her resignation.

You keep posting the lies and misinformation LL, and I'll keep posting the facts.
I'll say it again, your analysis may be flawed. If the story was taken down, then the comments made would also been taken down. Besides by your own admission, O'Reilly pushed the story in the 5 O'Clock taping of his show.

FALSE

FALSE.

hey grim......the why does the updated story say, FROM YOUR LINK, this: The Agriculture Department announced Monday, shortly after FoxNews.com published its initial report on the video, that Sherrod had resigned. how can you deny what YOU posted? who is posting lies?

and in fact, the original story IS NOT AVAILABLE, now is it? not according to YOUR source, it's not. you are denying facts now. i've proved my statements, like i've done before with you. could you link me to the origainal story, grim, as you claim it's available? thanks so much.

Grims analysis:

air_029a_002.jpg

hey grim......the why does the updated story say, FROM YOUR LINK, this: The Agriculture Department announced Monday, shortly after FoxNews.com published its initial report on the video, that Sherrod had resigned. how can you deny what YOU posted? who is posting lies?

Because they updated it when the USDA made the announcement... My God... are you not capable of understanding what you read?

and in fact, the original story IS NOT AVAILABLE, now is it? not according to YOUR source, it's not.

It's available and always has been. Again, when a story is updated, it isn't taken down. They simply add content to it.

denying facts now. i've proved my statements, like i've done before with you. could you link me to the origainal story, grim, as you claim it's available? thanks so much.

I'm denying nothing and have provided the link several times.

How about you use a little common sense before you post next time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom