• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Media Matters busted again... Uses deception to falsely attack Fox on Sherrod story

Re: Media Matters busted again... Uses deception to falsely attack Fox on Sherrod sto

Wait . . . they're attacking Fox News for running away with a selectively-edited video by providing one of their own?

Really?

Uh huh! And the sheep love it!!! You know tha game plan...when things suck for you...cry racism or shout Fox News...NOTHING ELSE matters...

Re: Media Matters busted again... Uses deception to falsely attack Fox on Sherrod sto

If I didn't have to argue with you rabid FOX apologists, my ant-rant FOX quota would be a lot less. :doh

Bottom line is this:
1) the WH screwed up
2) the NAACP screwed up
3) Fox News screwed up (the night and morning crew make Shep look bad, unfortunately)

1) You are correct
2) You are correct
3) FALSE.

Neither Fox News, nor any of their employees, publicly acknowledged the story or the accompanying video until the chips had already fallen. Since the lady had already lost her job and the damage was done, expressing an opinion like Sean Hannity did, couldn't possibly result in any negative repercussions... Therefore, neither Fox News, nor any of their employees, acted irresponsibly in their coverage of this story.

In other words, they didn't screw up.... The NAACP and the Administration did.

C'mon... be a big man and step up. Fox screwed up, no?

No, they didn't.

Last edited:

4) MM screwed up
5) MSNBC screwed up
6) CNN screwed up

no?

As far as I can tell, MM screwed up. As for CNN or MSNBC, I have not seen anything. Point me out to where they rabidly savage Sherrod and I will kindly agree.

Your turn.

Did Fox News screw up?

Grim17, that's a nice presentation, and some good leg work.

Thanks!

It's still funny though watching liberals defend MM. I mean.. Really now? By the way, I've book marked this page whenever some nitwit claims MM as a credible source for the truth.. LOL

Tim-

Wait . . . they're attacking Fox News for running away with a selectively-edited video by providing one of their own?

Really?

Prove to me those things weren't said and in a rabid context. That's not the only video I saw of the FOX attack machine on Sherrod.

No, they didn't take it down.

When Foxnews.com updates a story that they've published, they change the date of the story to reflect when it was updated. In this case, the story was published on the 19th and last updated the next day, on the 20th. The Associated Press and many other news sites do the same thing also.

AP usual adds updated on. This helps avoid confusion. Not sure we can know based on what you present here.

1) You are correct
2) You are correct
3) FALSE.

Neither Fox News, nor any of their employees, publicly acknowledged the story or the accompanying video until the chips had already fallen. Since the lady had already lost her job and the damage was done, expressing an opinion like Sean Hannity did, couldn't possibly result in any negative repercussions... Therefore, neither Fox News, nor any of their employees, acted irresponsibly in their coverage of this story.

In other words, they didn't screw up.... The NAACP and the Administration did.

No, they didn't.

Are you really that blind and partisan? C'mon, Grim... stop apologizing for shoddy information! Love your excuse of "well they're only pundits" and "well they're only opinion show." Not that I disagree with that, but for the love of God, they are on a news network not the freakin' Comedy Channel. And of all people you have often quoted Beck (an opinion anchor) as scripture. So it's no stretch to me to think that there are drooling Fox regular who will maintain that Sherrod is a racist because O'Reilly et al. told them so. EVEN TODAY.

And another thing I have to make clear because no matter how many time I type it, it still does not sink in. There is a difference between a network reporting the firing and going rabid on her without checking all of the facts. There's no excuse for the WH and NAACP, let alone a news organization who should have known better.

Jeepers I feel like I am being attacked by a bunch of Fox apologists. Listen, if you want to continue being mislead and misinformed, then continue making excuses for FOX all the while going bonkers about crappy website. Knock yourselves out!

Prove to me those things weren't said and in a rabid context.

Do you realize how ridiculous a demand that is in this particular discussion?

Particularly when what I said doesn't turn on whether or not Fox was (as you would call it) "rabid"? It's entirely about blasting someone for doing something by doing exactly the same thing yourself.

Grim17, just give up man.. You'll never convince a liberal that their beloved MM is tantamount to a propaganda machine worthy of goebbels fame.. :)

They're hopeless. Just concentrate on those that show a sliver of rationality, and honesty. Those are the ones we need come November.

Tim-

Grim17, just give up man.. You'll never convince a liberal that their beloved MM is tantamount to a propaganda machine worthy of goebbels fame.. :)

They're hopeless. Just concentrate on those that show a sliver of rationality, and honesty. Those are the ones we need come November.

Tim-

What an awesome and valued contribution to this discussion. Hey, let me chip in and help you get those pom-pom you've always wanted.

Look, no matter when Fox chimmed in on the story, they clearly, clearly went unprofessionally wrong with it. They made the same mistakes the WH and the NAACP did.

Look, no matter when Fox chimmed in on the story, they clearly, clearly went unprofessionally wrong with it. They made the same mistakes the WH and the NAACP did.

where are the threads on the WH and NAACLP then? :ssst:

Well, duh. Implicit in all of this is that the NAACP and the White House only did what they did because they believed Fox News.

Do you realize how ridiculous a demand that is in this particular discussion?

Particularly when what I said doesn't turn on whether or not Fox was (as you would call it) "rabid"? It's entirely about blasting someone for doing something by doing exactly the same thing yourself.

You don't call this rabid? I guess we have different standards and slander is not a big deal to you and all of your FOX friends:

Doocy: Sherrod "sure sounded racist,"is "[e]xhibit A" of "what racism looks like." On the July 20 editionof Fox News' Fox & Friends,co-host Steve Doocy said that Sherrod made "a speech to the NAACP that sure sounded racist." Later, after guest-host Alisyn Camerota asserted that Sherrod's remarks were "outrageous, and perhaps everybody needs are fresher course on what racism looks like," Doocy responded that Sherrod's comments are "Exhibit A."

Camerota accused Sherrod of "touting this in this anecdote as though this is, you know, a feather in her cap, somehow, for her to be congratulated." Camerota added, "I mean, it is really a shocking admission," and went on to criticize the audience for not booing when she made this statement. She repeatedly described Sherrod's comments as "outrageous."

Last edited:

Who disagrees? See, to debate you have to have disageement. You see those on our side saying the Wh and the NAACP messed up. No one disagrees, so no need for a thread. However, Fox lovers keep defending Fox despite the same evidence. So, there is debate. ;)

Who disagrees? See, to debate you have to have disageement. You see those on our side saying the Wh and the NAACP messed up. No one disagrees, so no need for a thread. However, Fox lovers keep defending Fox despite the same evidence. So, there is debate. ;)
Not only did they mess up, but they also apologize for messing up.

You don't call this rabid? I guess we have different standards and slander is not a big deal to you and all of your FOX friends:

I see. Ignore my point entirely and substitute your own.

Besides, they're not "my friends." No TV journalists are. You appear to be far, far more invested in them than I'll ever be.

Who? Fox? The WH? The NAACP?

As far as I can tell, MM screwed up. As for CNN or MSNBC, I have not seen anything. Point me out to where they rabidly savage Sherrod and I will kindly agree.

Your turn.

Did Fox News screw up?

They didn't savage Sharrod, and neither did Fox News. It was the Administration and the NAACP that did that. Fox News and CNN only reported the story, while MSNBC ignored it until the next day like every loyal state run news organization should.

Fox News, just as CNN and MSNBC, are not "hard news" 24 hours a day. They also have political opinion shows that are hosted by people who's specific job, is to offer their personal opinions about the events that have take place in the world. People tune into Hannity, Olbermann and O'Reilly because they want to hear their take on the events of the day... That's the whole point.

Look man, I understand that there are certain situations that arise from time to time, where a pundit might need to use some discretion when it comes to expressing an opinion or passing judgment on certain issues, because of the possible negative repercussions. The point you seem to be overlooking, is that both the news department and the opinion staff at Fox News didn't report or offer an opinion on the Sherrod video, until after the Administration had decided to let her go and the NAACP had already condemned what she had said. Now the only possible reason why pundits like Sean Hannity might want to refrain from expressing a negative opinion about what they saw on the Sharrod video, would be because of the unnecessary damage it could do to the ladies career and to her life, should the video be proved inaccurate in the future. Because she had already lost her career over this, there was no reason for pundits not to express their opinion. I mean they can't fire her twice.

Fox News did not in any way, act irresponsibly in their coverage of this story.

The only one that i saw that "apologized" was O Reily. The NAACP blamed their failings on everyone else, The USDA said they just did it the wrong way, and Gibbs apologized because everyone ELSE screwed up.

Well, duh. Implicit in all of this is that the NAACP and the White House only did what they did because they believed Fox News.

I hope you were only being sarcastic?

If you weren't, then you are either the most uninformed poster on this forum, or a shameless and disgusting liar.

:mrgreen:

Last edited:

Hold on, let me go to a biased website whose operation is wholely propoganda that's funded by giant conservative bankrollers whose entire purpose is hiring people to sit and watch/listen to programs all day looking for anything that can be possibly made to look bad either without edit, through taking it out of context, or through redefining the context. I'm sure that'll turn up tons of videos from CNN and MSNB-...

Wait what?

That doesn't exist?

Crap, guess I need to start investing in TIVO

What an awesome and valued contribution to this discussion. Hey, let me chip in and help you get those pom-pom you've always wanted.

Pink with fuzzy handles please.. :)

Tim-

I hope you were only being sarcastic?

If you weren't, then you are either the most uninformed poster on this forum, or a shameless and disgusting liar.

:mrgreen:

My guess is, if you ask all these folks who are SO SO SO DISGUSTED AND ANGRY over this, exactly WHY they're SO SO SO DISGUSTED AND ANGRY over this, they won't really be able to tell you why, exactly.

Back
Top Bottom